They came to York in Their Thousands

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32417 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Re: They came to York in Their Thousands

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Some really good ones on this thread

Goobs
Been Liked: 1465 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by Goobs » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 pm

He's got inside one, can he get inside two? FRANCIS HAS DONE IT AGAIN!
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Wexford_Claret
Been Liked: 430 times
Has Liked: 384 times

Post by Wexford_Claret » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:04 pm

*Mass cheering from Clarets fans*

‘And Kevin Ball may have a problem after that challenge...’

morpheus2
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 1850 times

Post by morpheus2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Flick on from Cooke, now Glen Little, Glen Little surging forward, edge of the area, one way, then the other way, Glen Little - Magic!
What a goal, Glen Little!
This user liked this post: Shappie

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 pm

I don't care what kind of response former Burnley midfield man Brian Flynn received as manager of Wrexham on their latest day of glory at West Ham. It wouldn't have been a patch on the acclaim given to the boss of the club where he began. I want to tell you about the most heartening, stimulating and optimistic football occasion I have experienced for many, many years.

CrawshawBrisClaret
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by CrawshawBrisClaret » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:What about the Plymouth away commentary to get to Wembley. Wasnt along the lines of Burnleys Claret & Blue Armada will set sail for Wembley. Think they used it in that crappy Panoma Joes song with the Johny Francis goals commentary
Ingrained in my mind forever is this.

McMinn has it now right hand side, cuts inside still Ted McMinn, might try a shot, gets the shot in, takes a deflection, it’s 3, it’s 3.

And that’s it now; Warren Joyce has scored against his old club and Burnley have scored the decisive third goal.

And Jimmy Mullen’s Claret and Blue Armada will set sail for Wembley a week Sunday and the promised land.
Plymouth 1 Burnley 3 and that now surely is that.

PWBFC
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 59 times

Post by PWBFC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Is the long 35 year wait coming to an end? It just might be, courtesy of Danny Ings.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 am

5 nil, 5 different scorers, and each one exhibits a different quality.
That's what makes managers smile, a one two as good as that, and a finish as good as that!

Beating Northampton at home 5-0

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:44 am

CrawshawBrisClaret wrote:Ingrained in my mind forever is this.

McMinn has it now right hand side, cuts inside still Ted McMinn, might try a shot, gets the shot in, takes a deflection, it’s 3, it’s 3.

And that’s it now; Warren Joyce has scored against his old club and Burnley have scored the decisive third goal.

And Jimmy Mullen’s Claret and Blue Armada will set sail for Wembley a week Sunday and the promised land.
If you are referring to the second leg playoff semi final at Home Park their you need to get it out of your head as Francis got the first two goals and Joyce the third
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE8lEVG6lHc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:13 am

On the Orient game reporter asks Teasdale whats has the ninety minutes been like his reply
" 9 years "

CrawshawBrisClaret
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by CrawshawBrisClaret » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Longside4evr wrote:If you are referring to the second leg playoff semi final at Home Park their you need to get it out of your head as Francis got the first two goals and Joyce the third
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE8lEVG6lHc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah pal well aware of who scored and when was just pointing out that for some reason I can recite the Radio Lancs commentary for Warren Joyce’s third goal. Not sure what point you’re trying to make but thanks for your contribution.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1448 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Gareth Southgate to Tom, at St. Georges Park.
“You start next season and you’re my number one”

Well summat like that.

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:55 pm

CrawshawBrisClaret wrote:Yeah pal well aware of who scored and when was just pointing out that for some reason I can recite the Radio Lancs commentary for Warren Joyce’s third goal. Not sure what point you’re trying to make but thanks for your contribution.

then you went into three more paragraphs about the Plymouth game it looks like it corresponds
I stated if you where referring to the playoff, as it was all left in the air in which match Mcminn involvement was but thanks for your input much obliged

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Longside4evr wrote:McMinn has it now right hand side, cuts inside still Ted McMinn, might try a shot, gets the shot in, takes a deflection, it’s 3, it’s 3.
then you went into three more paragraphs about the Plymouth game it looks like it corresponds
I stated if you where referring to the playoff, as it was all left in the air in which match Mcminn involvement was but thanks for your input much obliged
You're not making sense.
The whole of what CrawshawBrisClaret posted is the commentary from Warren Joyce's goal at Plymouth to make it 3-1.
You then told him to erase that from his memory because it was Warren Joyce who scored the third goal even though that's what he said.

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:21 pm

djemba-djemba wrote:You're not making sense.
The whole of what CrawshawBrisClaret posted is the commentary from Warren Joyce's goal at Plymouth to make it 3-1.
You then told him to erase that from his memory because it was Warren Joyce who scored the third goal even though that's what he said.
well since your in the know what his he referring this to McMinn has it now right hand side, cuts inside still Ted McMinn, might try a shot, gets the shot in, takes a deflection, it’s 3, it’s 3.
could be this game were he got on the act to make it 3-1 Bristol Rovers (H) 3–1 Philliskirk 30', Heath 58', McMinn 90'

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Longside4evr wrote:well since your in the know what his he referring this to McMinn has it now right hand side, cuts inside still Ted McMinn, might try a shot, gets the shot in, takes a deflection, it’s 3, it’s 3.
could be this game were he got on the act to make it 3-1 Bristol Rovers (H) 3–1 Philliskirk 30', Heath 58', McMinn 90'
The 3rd goal at Plymouth (Radio Lancashire commentary).
McMinn had the initial shot which was parried by the keeper and Joyce poked in the rebound. Described by the commentator thus:
CrawshawBrisClaret wrote: McMinn has it now right hand side, cuts inside still Ted McMinn, might try a shot, gets the shot in, takes a deflection, it’s 3, it’s 3.

The commentator confirmed that it was 3 before clarifying that it was Warren Joyce who scored it.

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:42 pm

:oops: Ok my misunderstanding I am on chemo at the minute and get things confused sorry for my ignorance in this understanding :oops:
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone cricketfieldclarets

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Ha as if people can even argue over this :roll:
This user liked this post: k90bfc

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5074 times
Has Liked: 6850 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY_rfNCmOuw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i think we commented enough at full time..
I just love BFC .

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5074 times
Has Liked: 6850 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:44 am

Longside4evr wrote::oops: Ok my misunderstanding I am on chemo at the minute and get things confused sorry for my ignorance in this understanding :oops:
Good luck hope all works out well for you .

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:47 am

bfcjg wrote:Good luck hope all works out well for you .
Thanks pal not usually one for sky writing these sort of things as I dont look for pity
Its just one of them things in life that devastates you but can happen to anyone of us.
You just have to keep positive and battle on.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:50 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:You know the thing about York that you didn't realise at the time?

It was the start, the comeback to where we are now.

Thinking back to my nineteen year old self then and where we are now?

Crikey
What a load of rubbish.

You lot on here have short memories or you never watched Burnley in those days. Mullen was sacked and sacked nearly 12 months to late. We were heading back to the 4th division and how he kept his job for so long only Frank Teasdale knows.

There is only one man instrumental in the rise of this football club from the lows of the 80s and 90s and that is Barry Kilby, never forget that

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Top Claret wrote:What a load of rubbish.

You lot on here have short memories or you never watched Burnley in those days. Mullen was sacked and sacked nearly 12 months to late. We were heading back to the 4th division and how he kept his job for so long only Frank Teasdale knows.

There is only one man instrumental in the rise of this football club from the lows of the 80s and 90s and that is Barry Kilby, never forget that
Thanks Baz.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32417 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:19 pm

CrawshawBrisClaret wrote:And Jimmy Mullen’s Claret and Blue Armada will set sail for Wembley a week Sunday and the promised land.
Guy Havord for Radio Lancs. He's now on Sky. I believe they might have been difficult words for him too, I'm told he's a Plymouth fan.