ARTICLE: One foot in the Fairs Cup semi-final

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32417 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

ARTICLE: One foot in the Fairs Cup semi-final

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:38 am

A great Fairs Cup night in Frankfurt, even if it did cost one Burnley fan his job.

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/one-foot-in ... semi-final" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: ARTICLE: One foot in the Fairs Cup semi-final

Post by Bfc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Also featured in the photo are 3rd left Malcom Moss and 3rd from right Ray Ward, who i played football with, in the same team. I think the other fellow with glasses was from Preston, may be called Clive.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Bfc wrote:Also featured in the photo are 3rd left Malcom Moss and 3rd from right Ray Ward, who i played football with, in the same team. I think the other fellow with glasses was from Preston, may be called Clive.
Definitely Malcolm Moss and the bloke I always knew as Preston Prick who I assume is the one you referred to as Clive. I don’t know Ray Ward.

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Tony re Ray a Padihamer who worked in a bank, before emigrating to Australia around 40 year ago. He was a 6-4 centre forward, with good feet for someone so gangly, who played with his glasses on.
I half expected Les Hurell to be on the photo, as he went everywhere watching us. Re the Preston bloke, I just knew him from sight, as he used to go to away games on the train. But fair play to him, he was always at matches.
I was pleased youve gave mention in yourFairs Cup reports of some FANtastic Burnley supporters of that era. I bet it also brings back memories for FC Burnley.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Bfc wrote:Tony re Ray a Padihamer who worked in a bank, before emigrating to Australia around 40 year ago. He was a 6-4 centre forward, with good feet for someone so gangly, who played with his glasses on.
I half expected Les Hurell to be on the photo, as he went everywhere watching us. Re the Preston bloke, I just knew him from sight, as he used to go to away games on the train. But fair play to him, he was always at matches.
I was pleased youve gave mention in yourFairs Cup reports of some FANtastic Burnley supporters of that era. I bet it also brings back memories for FC Burnley.
Les Hurrell went to Naples with Malcolm Moss and was another sadly to pass away too early. Les died of cancer around 15 years ago. Spotted FCBurnley on one of the pics.

Add the likes of Roy Kilby & Brian Wren to that list, some really committed supporters.