Aberdeen v Burnley - Ticket Information

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
D8BFC
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Ticket Information

Post by D8BFC » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:51 pm

jrgbfc wrote:I think the people with 6000 have got a decent chance. There's a hell of a lot of people who use other people's Clarets numbers for big away games. Take this out of the equation and think we'll see a big difference.
Frigging hope so!

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:55 pm

CT,

Will you be passing on to the club that this system of points will mean that parents with children attending will be very limited ?

Will you be passing on to the club that increasing the level of points required doesn't really mean that the uber fan gets rewarded with a ticket?

Will you be passing on to the club that the current system of points for getting tickets to the big games (as `iffy` as it is) wasn't really broken so why meddle with it for this game?

Am I right in assuming supporters clubs WON'T get their usual allocation, leaving the coaches full of strangers, and the usual travellers sat at home?

Is there an option for foundation members who pay an annual fee to help the club and give themselves a chance at tickets? If they have no option, why did they join the scheme?

Cheers

jordsclarets
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by jordsclarets » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:58 pm

claretrobo1 wrote:So, correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t Sunderland tried a system where loyalty resets after 3-5 years so it gives an idea on the more active and loyal fans at the time? Has it been a success and surely would it be a much fairer method? I get that every system will screw some people up but at least it doesn’t eliminate the younger generation completely?
I was told this was proposed at Burnley but the supporters' group were against it

Tuddybfc
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Post by Tuddybfc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:00 pm

KlyBfc wrote:The extreme sanctions / consequence of getting caught are very strange. I know an awful lot of United and Liverpool fans who travel across Europe with away tickets bought off people who can’t go or don’t want to go. Exactly the same for home games where season ticket holders purchase the tickets and sell them on.

I’m sure the Aberdeen fans have down exactly that as well during their trips across Europe in the past.
But doing it this way is fair, because it means everyone there will be their on their own merit of their own loyalty points rather than just taking one off a mate over a supporter on higher loyalty points than them who loses their chance to go.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Supporters clubs have no option to purchase tickets for their members.
The fans that travel regular, purchasing through their supporters club will not gain the loyalty points either.

whiffa
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 2561 times

Post by whiffa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Strange how the main people who are unhappy are the people who don't have enough points. In my opinion, you have the points - you've supported the club more than others and deserve priority (I'm not one of them btw).

There won't be that many people with over 9000 points anyway I'd wager.

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 pm

I think this is totally right by the club
With only 2000 tickets and the biggest night in the club's history for over 50 years
The older fans have first right as the dad's of the younger fans have paided for there kids and accumulated there points in many cases
Some fans have followed the club through thick and thin and been a ticket holder for years
They should have first priority I would be so annoyed if I did not get a ticket in front of the younger generation when you have followed the club around for years
It's no one's fault it's a massive game with few tickets
So that's why this is my thinking the club has it Bob on UTC

claretrobo1
Been Liked: 97 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by claretrobo1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 pm

jordsclarets wrote:I was told this was proposed at Burnley but the supporters' group were against it
Did you know of a reason as to why it was in the supporter clubs' interest to oppose it?
These 3 users liked this post: thatdberight jordsclarets declarets

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:05 pm

whiffa wrote:Strange how the main people who are unhappy are the people who don't have enough points. In my opinion, you have the points - you've supported the club more than others and deserve priority (I'm not one of them btw).

That's not entirely fair. The club has colluded in some weird practices regarding supporters' clubs for years. To pull the rug out now with no warning is harsh but it's what's gone on for years is the root problem. I'm unhappy with the points system but will get one.

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:08 pm

whiffa wrote:Strange how the main people who are unhappy are the people who don't have enough points. In my opinion, you have the points - you've supported the club more than others and deserve priority (I'm not one of them btw).

What a crock of ****. What makes a 28 year old who's had a season ticket since they became working age any less of a fan than a 50 year old?
This user liked this post: bfcmartin

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:09 pm

Nothing wrong with it
The only thing I disagree with is the way the club was giving a big swing in points away a few years back
Last edited by Longside4evr on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiffa

Post by whiffa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:10 pm

thatdberight wrote:That's not entirely fair. The club has colluded in some weird practices regarding supporters' clubs for years. To pull the rug out now with no warning is harsh but it's what's gone on for years is the root problem. I'm unhappy with the points system but will get one.
It's the first time we've been in Europe for decades. As a 30 year old, who has only had 6-8 season tickets in his life (I attend 5 or 6 away games a season when tickets are spare) due to work commitments - I appreciate that older fans, and fans who have been to more games than me deserve a priority for tickets for a European away game ahead of me.
Murger wrote:What a crock of ****. What makes a 28 year old who's had a season ticket since they became working age any less of a fan than a 50 year old?
Am I gutted that I can't get a ticket? Yes of course - but it's the only fair way to do it and I'd feel guilty if a fan of 40+ years who has dedicated much more money and time to the club than I can afford was to miss out for someone like me.

Somebody has to be unhappy, but the fans with the most points deserve priority - whether we like it or not. That doesn't make you any less of a fan and nobody is implying that. Have some respect.

Tuddybfc

Post by Tuddybfc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:12 pm

thatdberight wrote:That's not entirely fair. The club has colluded in some weird practices regarding supporters' clubs for years. To pull the rug out now with no warning is harsh but it's what's gone on for years is the root problem. I'm unhappy with the points system but will get one.
I agree with you on supporters club, the issue isn't giving or not giving them tickets for this game its the fact supporters clubs have been getting tickets for regular away fans for years, and to pull it away unannounced is unfair, these people may have been going for years but have nowhere near enough points because they get tickets through supporters clubs, it should have been the case that as soon as the loyalty points system came into place the supporters clubs stopped getting tickets and that way everyone would have their own individual points, and if they had been to enough games, have a chance at an Aberdeen ticket
This user liked this post: thatdberight

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:13 pm

'you've supported the club more than others and deserve priority (I'm not one of them btw)'

So they've supported them more because they're older. Isn't that just ageist?

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 126 times

Post by KlyBfc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:15 pm

Tuddybfc wrote:But doing it this way is fair, because it means everyone there will be their on their own merit of their own loyalty points rather than just taking one off a mate over a supporter on higher loyalty points than them who loses their chance to go.
I get that and not questioning the basics of the policy just not sure how the extreme sanction is warranted. Hardly pitch encroachment or hooliganism is it, people passionate about watching their club. It’s also a tough one in many ways because the way the points system is currently set up means I very rarely get away points because my mate always buys the away tickets (his dad doesn’t go away but has loads of points) so we are sat together, rather than me waiting for my priority period and us being separate. I accumulate through the season ticket and cup matches but not the away games. Now I’m not aggrieved at all (it is what it is) with not getting a ticket, but I am disappointed because this was my chance to see Burnley in Europe as im away for the next 3 ties Home or away and so might not see Burnley actually play in Europe.
Last edited by KlyBfc on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiffa

Post by whiffa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:15 pm

Murger wrote:'you've supported the club more than others and deserve priority (I'm not one of them btw)'

So they've supported them more because they're older. Isn't that just ageist?
I appreciate that older fans, and fans who have been to more games than me
You're digging holes in what I'm saying - age is irrelevant. If someone has more points - they've been to more games and given more money to the club.

I said I was 30 only to imply that at similar ages, we can still have a difference of opinion.
Last edited by whiffa on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Croydon Claret
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 756 times

Post by Croydon Claret » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Regardless of whether the system is appropriate or not anybody with 8000+ points deserves to get first dibs at the tickets.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 293 times

Post by deanothedino » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Tuddybfc wrote:My point wasn't financial, it was to do with points. If U18s could get tickets at 4000 points yet myself (On over 6000) couldn't because I am a few months older, that's hardly a fair system.
Life isn't fair

Tuddybfc

Post by Tuddybfc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:18 pm

deanothedino wrote:Life isn't fair
*hypothetical life, if you had read the conversation rather than just coming on to make a sarcastic comment :D
This user liked this post: whiffa

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:23 pm

I 've been a fan for over 40 years
Now I live abroad every game I attend is like watching the club in Europe as I have to catch a plane and been doing this for 6 years now and attend about 8 to 10 matches a season before that I lived in the Midlands and had a season ticket for 17 years while I was there
And 15 years while I lived in whalley
I would love to get my hand on a wonker ticket as that how rare they will be but accept that I won't and think the club has this spot on
These 2 users liked this post: Tuddybfc whiffa

cav
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 74 times

Post by cav » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:26 pm

Does anyone know the amount of supporters with over 8,000 points? Be good of the club to release that information.

Got 7 tickets to get; 3 with of 8,000 points and 4 over 7,000. So don’t know whether to hold on ‘til day 2 or split buying them over 2 days... If the sales get to Day 2!

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:29 pm

cav wrote:Does anyone know the amount of supporters with over 8,000 points? Be good of the club to release that information.

Got 7 tickets to get; 3 with of 8,000 points and 4 over 7,000. So don’t know whether to hold on ‘til day 2 or split buying them over 2 days... If the sales get to Day 2!
It's truly bizarre that the club refuse to release this info. If somebody would give a half-decent reason, I'd listen to it. But I can't imagine what it is.
This user liked this post: cav

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:32 pm

claretrobo1 wrote:So, correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t Sunderland tried a system where loyalty resets after 3-5 years so it gives an idea on the more active and loyal fans at the time? Has it been a success and surely would it be a much fairer method? I get that every system will screw some people up but at least it doesn’t eliminate the younger generation completely?
That's standard policy at most clubs from people I've talked to. Burnley have the novel system with the never-expiring points.

Bones
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 100 times

Post by Bones » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:34 pm

cav wrote:Does anyone know the amount of supporters with over 8,000 points? Be good of the club to release that information.

A friend of a friend works in the ticket office and reckons there's about 800 with over 8000 points.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:36 pm

jordsclarets wrote:I was told this was proposed at Burnley but the supporters' group were against it
Of course they were, as long as they're happy, f**k the rest of us
These 3 users liked this post: claretrobo1 jordsclarets Murger

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:38 pm

In theory there should not be anybody under 18 there for the away leg - be interesting to see how these tickets filter out.

People above saying “well, those adults have paid for their kids tickets/points for years” - I pay for my nephews ticket and I dragged him on games when he had no clue about football and when he’d just attend so he could have the HT pie...... I did it so he can enjoy moments like this too..... it’s all well and good looking after “the oldies” but the youngsters will be funding the club for many many more years if given the chance to do so.
These 5 users liked this post: thatdberight jordsclarets Quickenthetempo bfcmartin Murger

cav
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 74 times

Post by cav » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:40 pm

Bones wrote:A friend of a friend works in the ticket office and reckons there's about 800 with over 8000 points.
Thanks Bones

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 293 times

Post by deanothedino » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:42 pm

Tuddybfc wrote:*hypothetical life, if you had read the conversation rather than just coming on to make a sarcastic comment :D
I read the whole conversation. Didn’t make life fair though!

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:44 pm

I couldn’t make the game anyway, but wouldn’t have enough points regardless.

I suspect this with 5,000 points might have a chance with the final few hundred, but the majority will go to those with 6,000-7,000 points. I’d have thought with people on holiday, and some not wanting to go anyway, we’ll sell only a few hundred to those with 8,000+ points, and similar numbers for 7,000-8,000.

If you’ve not got 5,000 then forget it. Wait for the next round (wishful thinking) and a long flight away where people won’t want to travel or spend £400 for one game.

LongSider75
Been Liked: 46 times

Post by LongSider75 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:45 pm

I hope this means that all the ****** up young dickheads who travel with the various supporters clubs, and are nowhere near old enough to have enough loyalty points have no chance to attend the game at Pittodrie. I have hardly missed a game home or away in the last 10 years, but could not afford a season ticket for home games until 2008, and always paid on the gate since 1975 which means I don't have enough points. Am I right to have a grievance If I don't get a ticket ????????

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 pm

bfccrazy wrote:In theory there should not be anybody under 18 there for the away leg - be interesting to see how these tickets filter out.

People above saying “well, those adults have paid for their kids tickets/points for years” - I pay for my nephews ticket and I dragged him on games when he had no clue about football and when he’d just attend so he could have the HT pie...... I did it so he can enjoy moments like this too..... it’s all well and good looking after “the oldies” but the youngsters will be funding the club for many many more years if given the chance to do so.
The entire Bob Lord stand are turning up with flasks, blankets and telescopes, the atmosphere will be sh**e.

bfcmartin
Been Liked: 56 times
Has Liked: 220 times

Post by bfcmartin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:57 pm

I think the reset scheme is the way to go. I have over 8000 points and go to 15 plus away games a season and still think the way it's done is wrong. Why should someone who hardly ever goes to an away game be in front of a young person who has been to most of the games home and away who started watching Burnley say 5 years ago. It wasn't something i'd ever thought about until I was talking to two 16 year old lads away at West Brom who had been to all the away games that season except for Man Utd and Huddersfield because of the points system and they honestly don't think they will ever get to see Burnley play at Old Trafford. It just doesn't seem right to me
These 3 users liked this post: thatdberight jordsclarets Quickenthetempo

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Post by claretblue » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:59 pm

'...Got 7 tickets to get; 3 with of 8,000 points and 4 over 7,000. So don’t know whether to hold on ‘til day 2 or split buying them over 2 days... If the sales get to Day 2!...'

this is often the problem for away games when friends have different loyalty points...if you want to sit together (& why wouldn't you?) then you have to wait + gamble that ticket allocation goes down to the level of your friend with the lowest loyalty points of your group! :roll:

Millertime v1.7
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:04 pm

Mate, Aberdeen have started a similar scheme and I was happy to part with my hard earned cash for FIVE.
At the end of the day it's the club that benefits and BT were VERY generous in the bonus stakes for the customer retention team.
I was happy to invest it back in the club I love.

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:05 pm

bfcmartin wrote:I think the reset scheme is the way to go. I have over 8000 points and go to 15 plus away games a season and still think the way it's done is wrong. Why should someone who hardly ever goes to an away game be in front of a young person who has been to most of the games home and away who started watching Burnley say 5 years ago. It wasn't something i'd ever thought about until I was talking to two 16 year old lads away at West Brom who had been to all the away games that season except for Man Utd and Huddersfield because of the points system and they honestly don't think they will ever get to see Burnley play at Old Trafford. It just doesn't seem right to me
I keep seeing people ask for a reset but I don’t agree. I believe that it should be based upon a rolling 5 seasons. So now we should be looking at 2013/14 - 2017/18 for next season. That way it’s those attending in the last few years, but doesn’t penalise too heavily those who haven’t been able to attend for a particular season, for say illness, loss of job etc.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:06 pm

bfcmartin wrote:I think the reset scheme is the way to go. I have over 8000 points and go to 15 plus away games a season and still think the way it's done is wrong. Why should someone who hardly ever goes to an away game be in front of a young person who has been to most of the games home and away who started watching Burnley say 5 years ago. It wasn't something i'd ever thought about until I was talking to two 16 year old lads away at West Brom who had been to all the away games that season except for Man Utd and Huddersfield because of the points system and they honestly don't think they will ever get to see Burnley play at Old Trafford. It just doesn't seem right to me
People will only come round to this way of thinking when they have kids themselves and have to tell them they have no chance of going to the big games as loyalty points will keep rising as fast as you could earn them.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:09 pm

Are the tickets for the home leg going to work on a similar basis or will current season ticket holders get priority ?

bfcmartin
Been Liked: 56 times
Has Liked: 220 times

Post by bfcmartin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:10 pm

Claretforever that's actually what i mean't whereas its automatically reset over the last five years

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Other clubs have something along the lines of:
100% of points earned in last two seasons
75% of points earned from three seasons ago
50% of points earned from four seasons ago
25% of points earned from five seasons ago

It rewards the fans who constantly go, if you've been going for a number of years you'll still be ahead of those who only started in the past couple of years.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:People will only come round to this way of thinking when they have kids themselves and have to tell them they have no chance of going to the big games as loyalty points will keep rising as fast as you could earn them.
I'd guess most of those whose voice is heard are past the having kids stage.
These 2 users liked this post: Quickenthetempo Tuddybfc

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Blackrod wrote:Are the tickets for the home leg going to work on a similar basis or will current season ticket holders get priority ?
Why would they use a similar basis for the home ticked?
I’ve never known the club sell home tickets based on points. They’ll do it like they’ve done cup cames in previous seasons with STH having opportunity to purchase their seats then “open sale”

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:16 pm

8,000 points :lol:

I wonder if there'll be many folk blaming Steve Cotterill for not having enough points?

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Post by claretblue » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:17 pm

Blackrod wrote:Are the tickets for the home leg going to work on a similar basis or will current season ticket holders get priority ?

from BFC site Blackrod:

The return leg is scheduled for Thursday 2nd August. Tickets for this game are due to go on sale on 9th July, with season ticket holders given 6 days to purchase their seat. From Monday 14th July all seats in the stadium will be on general sale. Further details will be announced in due course.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6417 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:18 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Unless we send some of our own staff up there who is going to be checking tickets? The local stewards and police won't give a monkeys who is in the away end I would have thought.
In the scenario where you have purchased a ticket for someone else, and then they get arrested, it will be your loyalty points and reputation on the line and I suspect you’d also face a ban from games for doing so - that’s not a risk I would take, perhaps you would?

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:20 pm

claretblue wrote:from BFC site Blackrod:

The return leg is scheduled for Thursday 2nd August. Tickets for this game are due to go on sale on 9th July, with season ticket holders given 6 days to purchase their seat. From Monday 14th July all seats in the stadium will be on general sale. Further details will be announced in due course.
Thank you. I'd missed this.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:25 pm

Sean Dyche's Watch wrote:I'm well aware of that, you're missing my point. I am saying that the way the article on the official website is phrased suggests that a passport with address matching the Clarets Number address is provided.

If a passport without matching address is accepted as ID, why specify driving licence with matching address? Would a driving licence without matching address be accepted?
Because a driving licence without a correct address is not a valid driving licence. It’s an offence to drive with an incorrect address on the licence.

Sean Dyche's Watch
Been Liked: 233 times

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:27 pm

claretblue wrote:from BFC site Blackrod:

14th July is a Saturday.... simple details the club ought to get right!

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:30 pm

The biggest criticism of the loyayty points system is the misuse of the family and friends whereby if someone without the required points knows someone who has the points and doesnt go to away games they can use their claret numbers.
As someone who has only missed 6 games in tbe last 10 years,for family reasons as family always comes first,I was more than annoyed not to gey tickets for Hudderfield away despite having over 9000 loyalty points.The system where you need ID and 8000 pts seems fairer although something perhaps need to be done for under 18's but at that age misuse of passports could be an issue as they change a lot in appearance and passports dont reflect that.
In the end I did manage to get tickets for Huddersfield

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:30 pm

The biggest criticism of the loyayty points system is the misuse of the family and friends whereby if someone without the required points knows someone who has the points and doesnt go to away games they can use their claret numbers.
As someone who has only missed 6 games in tbe last 10 years,for family reasons as family always comes first,I was more than annoyed not to gey tickets for Hudderfield away despite having over 9000 loyalty points.The system where you need ID and 8000 pts seems fairer although something perhaps need to be done for under 18's but at that age misuse of passports could be an issue as they change a lot in appearance and passports dont reflect that.
In the end I did manage to get tickets for Huddersfield

1Simpleton
Been Liked: 21 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by 1Simpleton » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:In the scenario where you have purchased a ticket for someone else, and then they get arrested, it will be your loyalty points and reputation on the line and I suspect you’d also face a ban from games for doing so - that’s not a risk I would take, perhaps you would?
Has someone ever been arrested for trying to enter a stadium with another's ticket? Tickets get passed on all the time friends not attending, corporate, especially music tickets on auction sites. Agree though the club could refuse to sell future tickets to the person