Aberdeen v Burnley - Ticket Information

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Ticket Information

Post by thatdberight » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:36 pm

1Simpleton wrote:Has someone ever been arrested for trying to enter a stadium with another's ticket? Tickets get passed on all the time friends not attending, corporate, especially music tickets on auction sites. Agree though the club could refuse to sell future tickets to the person
There are laws about football tickets that don't apply to gigs.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6445 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 pm

1Simpleton wrote:Has someone ever been arrested for trying to enter a stadium with another's ticket? Tickets get passed on all the time friends not attending, corporate, especially music tickets on auction sites. Agree though the club could refuse to sell future tickets to the person
Missing the point entirely. I’m not saying that you would get arrested for using someone else’s ticket, I am saying that if the person you give/sell you ticket to ends up being arrested because they’re one of the retarded who go to an away match to be a tw@t and then ends up being arrested - the ticket would be traced back to you.

1Simpleton
Been Liked: 21 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by 1Simpleton » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:44 pm

No worries
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2047 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:45 pm

KlyBfc wrote:The extreme sanctions / consequence of getting caught are very strange. I know an awful lot of United and Liverpool fans who travel across Europe with away tickets bought off people who can’t go or don’t want to go. Exactly the same for home games where season ticket holders purchase the tickets and sell them on.

I’m sure the Aberdeen fans have down exactly that as well during their trips across Europe in the past.
Same here. I know a few Arsenal and Liverpool fans who aren't season ticket holders who regularly pick up tickets for European away games off season ticket holders; and these are for big high profile games.

Strongly suspect that threats of spot checks are totally overblown.
Last edited by JohnDearyMe on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Was hoping I'd get a spare off someone who couldn't attend but no possible now with the ID constraint.

Disappointed but I can understand it. I hope the clarets who go make a racket and bring back some goals.

We best get through as I can't make the home leg.

Tuddybfc
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Post by Tuddybfc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Ultimately needing ID in Aberdeen and threatening bans is the fairest method to take, it acts as a deterrent for people trying to go in on tickets which aren't theirs so theoretically (if the procedure works) everyone in that away end is there because they themselves have amassed enough loyalty points.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

bobinho
Been Liked: 4093 times
Has Liked: 6568 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:56 pm

Croydon Claret wrote:Regardless of whether the system is appropriate or not anybody with 8000+ points deserves to get first dibs at the tickets.
Does this include Mr and Mrs …………. who have had season tickets since the year dot (they are 108 years old), but don't attend away games and haven't done since the last time the club was in Europe? :lol: I suppose you have a point here tbh, that's an awful lot of points.

Maybe in the future points could be split into home and away points, surely no-one can argue that those who go to all the away games deserve a better chance with more points?

I'm going to Aberdeen, surely "UEFA regulations" haven't stopped that yet? I have a train ticket booked, digs booked for the Weds and Thurs night, time off work etc.... I wont get a ticket, I know that. I knew that when I booked the train and hotel. That's not the point here... doing it this way with no warning for supporters clubs is just a little bit **** IMHO, and I probably wouldn't have got one that way either. Yeah i'm ****** off, course I am, but i'll get a ticket for the turf leg i'm sure... :roll:

Just had to be there though, i'm sure others will be the same.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:In the scenario where you have purchased a ticket for someone else, and then they get arrested, it will be your loyalty points and reputation on the line and I suspect you’d also face a ban from games for doing so - that’s not a risk I would take, perhaps you would?
I bet there'll be plenty that do. I suspect this talk of checks is a lot of hot air from the club. I probably won't risk it for this one but keep a close eye on what happens. I imagine barely anyone will be stopped and certainly no bans issued.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Tuddybfc
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Post by Tuddybfc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:59 pm

jrgbfc wrote:I bet there'll be plenty that do. I suspect this talk of checks is a lot of hot air from the club. I probably won't risk it for this one but keep a close eye on what happens. I imagine barely anyone will be stopped and certainly no bans issued.
You're probably right, the club will be using it as a deterrent, and to cover their backsides with UEFA in case of any trouble with our fans in Scotland

Vince Fontaine
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Vince Fontaine » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:02 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I've passed on a couple of issues to the club that have been highlighted on this thread.

1. Someone having neither a passport or a driving licence
2. Friends and family disappearing.

If there are any more general queries that you think I should pass on, can you ensure you quote this post so I will see them in notifications and not miss them.

Can you ask if someone is on holiday when the tickets are ordered how long will the tickets be available for collection? The person in question does not have a driving licence and their passport will be on holiday with them.

Thanks Tony

Vince Fontaine
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Vince Fontaine » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:10 pm

thatdberight wrote:I'm not sure it's the club's job to look after people who are contravening section 99 of the RTA 1988.

Or have moved house the day before
UTC

claret wizard
Been Liked: 263 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:12 pm

bobinho wrote:
Maybe in the future points could be split into home and away points, surely no-one can argue that those who go to all the away games deserve a better chance with more points?
That sounds fine if you think as a supporter. However, in reality the loyalty scheme is there to drive behaviour that benefits the club. So people just buying away tickets gives no money to Burnley. That's why season ticket holders get more points and therefore better opportunities.

For the record I tracked through my purchase history. 15 years with a season ticket and 214 other matches attended, just over 14 friendlies, cup or away games every year since they introduced the scheme in 2004. That gives me almost 8000 Pts. I reckon that deserves a second round purchase.

Walnutwillie
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Walnutwillie » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Half the people that go away matches use someone else’s points . This is gunna be fun....
Nightmare in the making for a lot of fans that have already booked train and hotel deals

bobinho
Been Liked: 4093 times
Has Liked: 6568 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:34 pm

claret wizard wrote:That sounds fine if you think as a supporter. However, in reality the loyalty scheme is there to drive behaviour that benefits the club. So people just buying away tickets gives no money to Burnley. That's why season ticket holders get more points and therefore better opportunities.

For the record I tracked through my purchase history. 15 years with a season ticket and 214 other matches attended, just over 14 friendlies, cup or away games every year since they introduced the scheme in 2004. That gives me almost 8000 Pts. I reckon that deserves a second round purchase.
Don't doubt it at all. I have had a ST for 3 seasons. Never had one before, 'cos iv'e never needed one before. Lived abroad for years, so joined the foundation to help with sourcing tickets in the event we ever got a big game. Now the season is FULL of big games, so I need a ST.

And yeah, I do think as a supporter, because I am one. But to the club...?

Anyway, i'll be there, but watching in a pub with some (hopefully) friendly Aberdonians. ;)

lagerbilly
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by lagerbilly » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:37 pm

Another one here who's friends and family have disappeared. Started to add them back but it now only allows you to add 5

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:44 pm

Shocked at the draconian measures and 8000 points!!!!
At least there cannot be any swapping about!

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:14 pm

We'll have to change the words of the song to "some of us are going on a European tour "

Not good news for all those who have already purchased a "we're all going on a European tour" t-shirt from the club shop.

JohnDearyMe
Has Liked: 2047 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:02 pm

jrgbfc wrote:I bet there'll be plenty that do. I suspect this talk of checks is a lot of hot air from the club. I probably won't risk it for this one but keep a close eye on what happens. I imagine barely anyone will be stopped and certainly no bans issued.
My thoughts too. Can't see the poorly paid stewards at Aberdeen making any real effort, especially when there will be a sizeable number of fans to get inside the ground

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:27 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:My thoughts too. Can't see the poorly paid stewards at Aberdeen making any real effort, especially when there will be a sizeable number of fans to get inside the ground
Scouse mate of mine was saying how they get letters from European teams stating how if they try using the tickets in the home ends they bought (after the club sent out tickets to them in the first place.....) that they will not be allowed entry.

He says they’ve never actually had a problem entering grounds anywhere though and it’s seen as UEFA box ticking from the club.

mickleoverclaret
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by mickleoverclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:03 am

bobinho wrote:Does this include Mr and Mrs …………. who have had season tickets since the year dot (they are 108 years old), but don't attend away games and haven't done since the last time the club was in Europe? :lol: I suppose you have a point here tbh, that's an awful lot of points.
It's only counted since 2004/5, so the above scenario would put them on less than 6,000 points. Priority will be for people who have done a decent amount of away games too.

I'm on nearly 9000 points so should be alright touch wood, but I agree with the sentiments others have expressed in that it would be much fairer if there was a rolling period, say 5 years, and points after that didn't count. My sister is on about 5-6k so likely to miss out despite having been to a sizeable number of away games and having had a season ticket for the last 10 years. It's a real shame we likely won't all be able to go on as a family.

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:12 am

I went to 12 away games last year. Got points for one of them. I agree the club should offer to most loyal but i know as do we all that the most loyal dont always travel. I welcome a system that is honest and you have to prove your identity. I hope the club introduces it for all games. Whats the diffeence between southampton away and aberdeen away. It will finally stop this friends and family rubbish which is being abused.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:39 am

mickleoverclaret wrote:It's only counted since 2004/5, so the above scenario would put them on less than 6,000 points. Priority will be for people who have done a decent amount of away games too.

I'm on nearly 9000 points so should be alright touch wood, but I agree with the sentiments others have expressed in that it would be much fairer if there was a rolling period, say 5 years, and points after that didn't count. My sister is on about 5-6k so likely to miss out despite having been to a sizeable number of away games and having had a season ticket for the last 10 years. It's a real shame we likely won't all be able to go on as a family.
I'm for some changes to the scheme but I'm not sure how any scheme would make it more likely your group would all get tickets. On the contrary, only if those at the top make some room for others to get tickets will it make any difference. So, then your sister might be more likely, but you're not guaranteed to get a ticket.

thelaughingclaret
Been Liked: 291 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by thelaughingclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 am

If you’re old, don’t have a passport and don’t drive or don’t have a newer photo ID license you’re now barred from going to away games. Basically it seems the club only want people aged 30-60 at all away games. What daft policies are they going to think of next? Surely for old people or people who don’t drive a buss pass or any photo ID with your name on it would suffice? Does anyone at the club actually have any brain cells? If you fly on a domestic flight even they are more lieniant then Burnley football club when it comes to ID! If it’s got your name a photo it should be good enough.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:54 am

The lads who travel in those bone shakers that take supporters to away matches won't have any problems getting tickets, most of them won't have anywhere near 5000 pts.
Rossie, Accie, Earby and Central Lancashire will all be given enough tickets to fill all their coaches

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:55 am

Put your fishing rod away

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4183 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:02 am

Lets hope the point system is fair for Southampton or does that not have the same appeal.

Normally it is just Man Utd away that means the ticket system should be changed looks like this one makes the list too.
This user liked this post: northeastclaret

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:20 am

Wonder if we'll be subjected to such draconian mesasures in the home tie. Regardless of what some people say, 8000 points is bullshit.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:13 am

Anyone got any idea when they go on sale?

I'm hoping they get to Day 2!

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 546 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:18 am

Murger wrote:Wonder if we'll be subjected to such draconian mesasures in the home tie. Regardless of what some people say, 8000 points is bullshit.
8000 points is an absolute joke.

Sproggy
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by Sproggy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:22 am

Just logged on to check how many points we have and BFC seem to have decided that I no longer have any children.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1864 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 am

Sproggy wrote:Just logged on to check how many points we have and BFC seem to have decided that I no longer have any children.
Been commented on a few times and raised with the club

diamondpocket
Been Liked: 254 times
Has Liked: 215 times

Post by diamondpocket » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:31 am

ClaretTony wrote:I've passed on a couple of issues to the club that have been highlighted on this thread.

1. Someone having neither a passport or a driving licence
2. Friends and family disappearing.

If there are any more general queries that you think I should pass on, can you ensure you quote this post so I will see them in notifications and not miss them.

I haven't read beyond this post so it may have already been answered but I don't understand the address match thing, on my passport and driving licence there is no address, and what if someone has moved house in those years? My driving licence is foreign as I'm living in a European country and had to get it changed after a few years, will that be accepted if for the future games I can get tickets? °(this time it doesn't count coz I ain't got any chance and I'm not even trying for tickets)

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:53 am

diamondpocket wrote:I haven't read beyond this post so it may have already been answered but I don't understand the address match thing, on my passport and driving licence there is no address, and what if someone has moved house in those years? My driving licence is foreign as I'm living in a European country and had to get it changed after a few years, will that be accepted if for the future games I can get tickets? °(this time it doesn't count coz I ain't got any chance and I'm not even trying for tickets)
Nobody's passport has an address on it. The statement is not written as well as it could be (nor spell-checked; "lenghty" and "announcemnet" both made the cut). They (presumably) mean driving licence with address OR passport. Although what a minimum wage security / stewarding operative at Aberdeen is going to make of an Albanian driving licence is anyone's guess.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32394 times
Has Liked: 5272 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:54 am

Vince Fontaine wrote:Can you ask if someone is on holiday when the tickets are ordered how long will the tickets be available for collection? The person in question does not have a driving licence and their passport will be on holiday with them.

Thanks Tony
Basically asking at what point they will no longer be available at Burnley and will transfer ready for match day in Aberdeen.

Will add that one.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2234 times
Has Liked: 2132 times

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:04 am

mickleoverclaret wrote:It's only counted since 2004/5, so the above scenario would put them on less than 6,000 points. Priority will be for people who have done a decent amount of away games too.
I wondered why my points were low!
So a season ticket throughout the 80s and 90s when we were pants counts for f all yet having some years off for personal issues means missing out on points...

Dunno, doesn't sit entirely right with me.

I do agree though, that those that go away from home religiously deserve first dibs.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:05 am

thatdberight wrote:Nobody's passport has an address on it. What a minimum wage security / stewarding operative at Aberdeen is going to make of an Albanian driving licence is anyone's guess.
Albanian - Aberdonian....sound like kindred spirits. Nae bother!

mickleoverclaret

Post by mickleoverclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:13 am

thatdberight wrote:I'm for some changes to the scheme but I'm not sure how any scheme would make it more likely your group would all get tickets. On the contrary, only if those at the top make some room for others to get tickets will it make any difference. So, then your sister might be more likely, but you're not guaranteed to get a ticket.
If it was over the last 5 years then we would be more likely as all 3 of us have been to the majority of aways and all the home games in that time. 2005-08 my sister didn't go on as much and didn't have a season ticket until about 2007, plus she missed a few more aways when she was at uni (2010-2013). I'd still be in top bracket I think, missed 4 games in the last 2 seasons.

Burnleybabe
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Post by Burnleybabe » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:20 am

Top Claret wrote:The lads who travel in those bone shakers that take supporters to away matches won't have any problems getting tickets, most of them won't have anywhere near 5000 pts.
Rossie, Accie, Earby and Central Lancashire will all be given enough tickets to fill all their coaches

You know that for a fact do you.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:21 am

mickleoverclaret wrote:If it was over the last 5 years then we would be more likely as all 3 of us have been to the majority of aways and all the home games in that time. 2005-08 my sister didn't go on as much and didn't have a season ticket until about 2007, plus she missed a few more aways when she was at uni (2010-2013). I'd still be in top bracket I think, missed 4 games in the last 2 seasons.
Putting aside the fact you've made a scheme specifically to meet your requirements, that top group of 5 year ST holders + decent amount of away games is going to be much larger than the current top group of 14 year ST + most away games, so it would reduce your chances. I'm in favour of changing the scheme but if everybody's just going to pitch for what gets them best access, might as well leave it as is.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:34 am

Spoke to the club last night about the problem with friends and family - I'm told everything has now been restored. Just checked mine and it is all back as it was.
This user liked this post: Goodclaret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:38 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Anyone got any idea when they go on sale?

I'm hoping they get to Day 2!
We haven't been able to get the tickets from Aberdeen - apparently the club had decided on dates but have had to postpone it for that reason. That was also the reason for this week's delay in making an announcement, I think the club hoped to confirm on Monday (Tuesday at latest) with sale dates.

mickleoverclaret

Post by mickleoverclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:42 am

thatdberight wrote:Putting aside the fact you've made a scheme specifically to meet your requirements, that top group of 5 year ST holders + decent amount of away games is going to be much larger than the current top group of 14 year ST + most away games, so it would reduce your chances. I'm in favour of changing the scheme but if everybody's just going to pitch for what gets them best access, might as well leave it as is.
The current scheme specifically fits my requirements, I just think it would be fairer if more people had a crack at it. If that reduces my chances, so be it. As you've said there, i'm very specifically not pitching for what gets me best access.

edison
Been Liked: 345 times

Post by edison » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:48 am

I'm sure 8000 wasn't plucked out of thin air - I admit here I've not read the entire thread as life is too short but I'd imagine the club has an idea of roughly how many fans are on 8000-plus, hence picking it. I have no chance at all, but will still be hoping - and it's the hope that kills you - that folk sleep in and don't order their tickets in time

edison
Been Liked: 345 times

Post by edison » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:51 am

Our Ireland supporters club reviewed its internal loyalty points criteria a few years ago because new members couldn't get away tickets. Even though this did not affect me at all, I didn't agree with it as when I first joined, I didn't think I was as entitled to a ticket as someone who had been in the same club for 10 years - why should I be? No system will please everyone. No matter what they come up with, someone will be disappointed.

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:59 am

As has been suggested, there should be a rolling 5 year period.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:01 am

Have there been any coach travel details announced yet? Looking like my only chance of getting there.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:01 am

But what would you say then if you still didn't get a ticket?

You do appear to want a Murger first ticket policy if we are being fair.

bfcbri
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 64 times

Post by bfcbri » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:09 am

Is there a reason that the club have to wait for the tickets to arrive before they can put them on sale?

The know how many they are going to get so just can't see why they can't put them on sale so that we can find out if we are lucky enough to get one and then make the rest of our arrangements

UTC

Rammy1968
Been Liked: 94 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Rammy1968 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:16 am

You suggested that Murger as it probably suits your situation, I am more than happy with the current scheme as it seems fair to those who have supported the club before the good times. Just to add clarity to the argument I have only got 7980 points so i miss out by 20 points on the first round of sales. The club have to have a system and personally I think this is the only viable way of doing it. Why should it be a rolling 5 year period, the past 8-9 years have been the best since the 1960's and the people on the higher points totals were supporting the club when they needed our money the most. Not just since the Halcyon days Premier League football.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:19 am

To be fair to Murger, he was definitely around when we were crap!

And people sometimes have situations where having an S/T isn't possible
These 2 users liked this post: Murger Loyalclaret