Aberdeen v Burnley - Ticket Information

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32545 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Ticket Information

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:21 am

bfcbri wrote:Is there a reason that the club have to wait for the tickets to arrive before they can put them on sale?

The know how many they are going to get so just can't see why they can't put them on sale so that we can find out if we are lucky enough to get one and then make the rest of our arrangements

UTC
Tickets have to be allocated per sale - those buying at the ticket office will take the tickets away with them on purchase, for those buying online, the tickets will be allocated on receipt of order.
This user liked this post: bfcbri

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2053 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:37 am

Spoke to a colleague at work who is a Hull fan (they played 2 teams in Europa qualifying games a few seasons ago). They had the same warnings about ID but weren't subject to any checks at either away game

Rammy1968
Been Liked: 95 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Rammy1968 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 am

Lancaster, I understand people have situations where having a season ticket wasn't possible at that time, In my younger days I missed a lot of games due to playing football and only got to games when I could. I also understand Murgers situation as I have friends who have supported us through thick and thin but simply don't have the points as I have and other people have purchased their tickets for them. But the club need something in place and I personally think this is the fairest way. Whatever they do they are bound to upset someone, for instance I know a guy who has 12000 points because he has followed Burnley everywhere and purchased tickets for his friends to come and watch games home and away would it be right for him to go back on a level playing field as someone who has just started supporting Burnley because we are in the Premiership?

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 am

Not disagreeing with that either Rammy.

I think its the best way at the moment, though I do think it does discriminate against the younger fans.

Rammy1968
Been Liked: 95 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Rammy1968 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:51 am

My son is 20 and he has accumulated 7720 points so it is possible for the younger fans to get there!
This user liked this post: Tuddybfc

claret wizard
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:52 am

bfcbri wrote:Is there a reason that the club have to wait for the tickets to arrive before they can put them on sale?

The know how many they are going to get so just can't see why they can't put them on sale so that we can find out if we are lucky enough to get one and then make the rest of our arrangements

UTC
I'd suggest it's because they need to link each person to an exact seat number. They want the tickets in hand when they do that either stuffing into a collection envelope or handing over at the ticket office.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:55 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Not disagreeing with that either Rammy.

I think its the best way at the moment, though I do think it does discriminate against the younger fans.
I know it is easy for me to agree with the sales policy for this, or any other, game because I'm right up towards the top of the list when it comes to points.

I look at the arguments for and against and no matter which way it was done there would be people who didn't agree with it. The club have clearly made the decision to reward those with the most points for this game. I don't know how far it will go down before we sell out but I would be very surprised if we have a sale date beyond the 5,000 points given the interest in the game.

I usually stay out of the loyalty point arguments simply because I should always be OK given my points total and it would be thrown back in my face. It's not perfect, but finding a perfect system is probably nigh on impossible.
These 2 users liked this post: thatdberight Goodclaret

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:03 am

ClaretTony wrote:I know it is easy for me to agree with the sales policy for this, or any other, game because I'm right up towards the top of the list when it comes to points.

I look at the arguments for and against and no matter which way it was done there would be people who didn't agree with it. The club have clearly made the decision to reward those with the most points for this game. I don't know how far it will go down before we sell out but I would be very surprised if we have a sale date beyond the 5,000 points given the interest in the game.

I usually stay out of the loyalty point arguments simply because I should always be OK given my points total and it would be thrown back in my face. It's not perfect, but finding a perfect system is probably nigh on impossible.
It's not perfect by any stretch. I have always accepted missing out on big games due to loyalty points but when you get kids that want to go to every game but have no chance of the big ones it hits home.

Most of the time there's plenty of over 5000ers willing to pass on tickets to keep building their points.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:09 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Most of the time there's plenty of over 5000ers willing to pass on tickets to keep building their points.
That's a problem. I've never let anyone use my number (having said that I use it myself) but if people were honest and didn't pass on numbers like that the whole system would work in a much fairer way.

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:12 am

Rammy1968 wrote:You suggested that Murger as it probably suits your situation, I am more than happy with the current scheme as it seems fair to those who have supported the club before the good times. Just to add clarity to the argument I have only got 7980 points so i miss out by 20 points on the first round of sales. The club have to have a system and personally I think this is the only viable way of doing it. Why should it be a rolling 5 year period, the past 8-9 years have been the best since the 1960's and the people on the higher points totals were supporting the club when they needed our money the most. Not just since the Halcyon days Premier League football.
The issue is that it's a closed shop. The top tier of points gets ever higher and the younger fans can never attain it. Someone who got his first season ticket 8 years ago and has travelled to every match since probably still won't be able to get a ticket for this match and if they keep that season ticket for another 8 years they'll still be struggling to catch those ahead of them.
This user liked this post: thatdberight

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:18 am

i have less than 500 points but i guess it's who you know at the club ha

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:20 am

edison wrote:Our Ireland supporters club reviewed its internal loyalty points criteria a few years ago because new members couldn't get away tickets. Even though this did not affect me at all, I didn't agree with it as when I first joined, I didn't think I was as entitled to a ticket as someone who had been in the same club for 10 years - why should I be? No system will please everyone. No matter what they come up with, someone will be disappointed.
But that isn't the case because someone could have been a season ticket holder for the 20-40 previous years before 2004, and only 6 times since but they would have less points than someone who has only had 7 season tickets in their life providing they were after 2004.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:22 am

Rammy1968 wrote:You suggested that Murger as it probably suits your situation, I am more than happy with the current scheme as it seems fair to those who have supported the club before the good times. Just to add clarity to the argument I have only got 7980 points so i miss out by 20 points on the first round of sales. The club have to have a system and personally I think this is the only viable way of doing it. Why should it be a rolling 5 year period, the past 8-9 years have been the best since the 1960's and the people on the higher points totals were supporting the club when they needed our money the most. Not just since the Halcyon days Premier League football.
but it doesn't benefit those who have been fans prior to 2004 because all support before then counts for nothing. I'd argue I don't deserve priority over someone who has been a fan for 50-80 years but hasn't been able to attend as many games as me since 2004.

edison
Been Liked: 345 times

Post by edison » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:24 am

KRBFC wrote:But that isn't the case because someone could have been a season ticket holder for the 20-40 previous years before 2004, and only 6 times since but they would have less points than someone who has only had 7 season tickets in their life providing they were after 2004.
All points systems have to have a day one.

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:26 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:But what would you say then if you still didn't get a ticket?

You do appear to want a Murger first ticket policy if we are being fair.
And how did you come to that conclusion? I've accepted that I probably won't get a ticket, I just think there's a better way to run the loyalty points scheme.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6462 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:27 am

All this talk about changing the loyalty system reminds me of the intro to the Sex Education scene from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (https://youtu.be/7lRGIkLEYoA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - NOT SOMETHING FOR WORK)
Now before I begin the lesson will those of you who are playing in the match this afternoon move your clothes down on to the lower peg immediately after lunch before you write your letter home, if you're not getting your hair cut, unless you've got a younger brother who is going out this weekend as the guest of another boy, in which case collect his note before lunch, put it in your letter after you've had your hair cut, and make sure he moves your clothes down onto the lower peg for you. Now...

Wymer: Sir?

Headmaster: Yes, Wymer?

Wymer: My younger brother's going out with Dibble this weekend, sir, but I'm not having my hair cut today sir, so do I move my clothes down or...

Headmaster: I do wish you'd listen, Wymer, it's perfectly simple. If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move your brother's clothes down to the lower peg, you simply collect his note before lunch after you've done your scripture prep when you've written your letter home before rest, move your own clothes on to the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr Viney that you've had your chit signed.
:D

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 am

I regularly need to use my dads Clarets number to secure away tickets as he has 8,000, so if he isn't going, it makes sense for me to. The club in their infinite stupidity decided to repeatedly put my season ticket points and away ticket points on his number, leaving him with a massive amount (Roughly 3,000) more than the rest of our family.

We're in a situation now where he can probably get a ticket, but nobody else in the family will be able to.

The systems fine, but the club has badly executed it for years.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:39 am

edison wrote:All points systems have to have a day one.
Yeah but if they reset every 2-3 years you at least have a chance of catching up.

edison

Post by edison » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:48 am

KRBFC wrote:Yeah but if they reset every 2-3 years you at least have a chance of catching up.
That is true. Only way I'd ever catch up is if I bought tickets for matches that I can't go to.

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 310 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Post by northeastclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:11 pm

Murger wrote:As has been suggested, there should be a rolling 5 year period.
Why to coincide with 5 of the most successful years in the clubs history and reward the fans more attracted during the good times?

As an earlier poster said , how many of the fans complaining of not getting a ticket will be going to Southampton, and only complain when they cant get tickets for Manchester United and the other occasional glory game.

No system can be totally fair, so don't blame the club for trying to do their best and reward fans from when times were'nt as good.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:17 pm

If they were to review the point system a fair way of knocking points off would be to start with 09/10 and then any other years to be removed should also be Premier League season points.

This makes sure the ones who attended prior to the recent good times are rewarded first. There isn't a system going that suits every single fan. There are some clubs with over 40k season ticket holders I bet there ticket chats for big games are a real laugh to read.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Once you accept we are using the system, the points brackets are fair. They’ll obviously have spreadsheet or analytics showing how many are in each bracket and set the totals to suit.

I don’t have enough points, think the system could be better resetting every so often but know that the 8000 start is correct.

Anyway - si thee in Scotland

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Loyalclaret wrote:Once you accept we are using the system, the points brackets are fair. They’ll obviously have spreadsheet or analytics showing how many are in each bracket and set the totals to suit.

I don’t have enough points, think the system could be better resetting every so often but know that the 8000 start is correct.

Anyway - si thee in Scotland
How you getting up there pal?

I would text but Iv'e changed my number and lost yours.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2169 times

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:31 pm

KRBFC wrote:but it doesn't benefit those who have been fans prior to 2004 because all support before then counts for nothing. I'd argue I don't deserve priority over someone who has been a fan for 50-80 years but hasn't been able to attend as many games as me since 2004.
Which is the position my father finds himself in.

I started playing rugby on Saturdays for 6 seasons and he stopped going on to watch me or pick me up etc..

So being a fan throughout the gloomy times counts for nothing these days?

Dunno, just doesn't sit right with me

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 310 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Post by northeastclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:42 pm

northeastclaret wrote:Why to coincide with 5 of the most successful years in the clubs history and reward the fans more attracted during the good times?

As an earlier poster said , how many of the fans complaining of not getting a ticket will be going to Southampton, and only complain when they cant get tickets for Manchester United and the other occasional glory game.

No system can be totally fair, so don't blame the club for trying to do their best and reward fans from when times were'nt as good.
Sunderland are quoted as the example to follow regarding just using the points from the last 5 years, however I am sure its not a co-incidence that this is amongst the worst ever 5 years in their history, unlike ours.
This user liked this post: bfcbri

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:49 pm

A lot of clubs only do two seasons. That would really upset some of those who believe that you shouldn't get priority unless you saw Hereford score six against us.
This user liked this post: Murger

1989_claret
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by 1989_claret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:56 pm

I have over 9000 points but my parents 7500+ so we are going to wait till day two.

I think the club should do the past three years and as it goes on a year the first year gets wiped off so it is a rolling three year count. For example:

This season would be:
2015/16
2016/17
2017/18

Next season would be:
2016/17
2017/18
2018/19

Etc
This user liked this post: Murger

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:56 pm

northeastclaret wrote:Why to coincide with 5 of the most successful years in the clubs history and reward the fans more attracted during the good times?

I used 5 as an example.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1131 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:00 pm

When you have 20,000+ fans chasing 2,000 tickets. The odds are always going to be stacked against you. 90% are going to miss out. There is no system that can change that.

The only thing I can think of is, scrap all points for season tickets, and only use those acquired from actual away match ticket purchases.

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:05 pm

KRBFC wrote:Yeah but if they reset every 2-3 years you at least have a chance of catching up.
Yes you would ....but why should you? Why should you be able to get the same opportunity for match tickets as someone with a longer purchasing history? This is a situation where (and it's very unusual for Burnley) demand will massively outstrip supply.

In a normal market the tickets would be auctioned to the highest bidder ....but in sport that is ticket touting and is rightly prohibited.
Traditionally in sport we would have to go and queue up.....not acceptable in this day and age and discriminates against young, old,employed and distant fans.

Loyalty points - has to be the fairest approach but by definition with only 2000 tickets available for a game which 10,000 would probably like to attend there will be many disappointed. All the suggestions I have seen above smack of one thing only .....fixing the rules to benefit the individual.

Declaration of interest - I have over 7000 points so will probably be OK ....but not certain. If not I shrug my shoulders - people with 8000 plus have obviously been to many away games as well as being regular season ticket purchasers - they obviously deserve the tickets more than me.
These 2 users liked this post: RammyClaret61 Goodclaret

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:07 pm

RammyClaret61 wrote:When you have 20,000+ fans chasing 2,000 tickets. The odds are always going to be stacked against you. 90% are going to miss out. There is no system that can change that.

The only thing I can think of is, scrap all points for season tickets, and only use those acquired from actual away match ticket purchases.
Why would you do that? The whole point of loyalty points is to reward loyalty........but this has been done to death before ....

edison

Post by edison » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:18 pm

I think we should change it to the 2 seasons I had a ST...

edison

Post by edison » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:22 pm

keith1879 wrote:Why would you do that? The whole point of loyalty points is to reward loyalty........but this has been done to death before ....
I think loyalty is the wrong word - one can be immediately loyal to something or someone. One's ability to attend more matches over a set period of time does not necessarily make them more loyal than someone who cannot attend as regularly. `Reward' points though sounds more like a supermarket card.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:25 pm

keith1879 wrote:Why would you do that? The whole point of loyalty points is to reward loyalty........but this has been done to death before ....
It shouldn't just be to reward loyalty but also to engender loyalty. The club even acknowledged that at one stage by announcing they would open up a proportion of away tickets to a ballot that would give everyone at least A chance. Of course, they never actually got around to doing it. At the minute it's rewarding age and because there's no check on whether the purchaser actually attends rewarding buying for mates.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:29 pm

To be fair, we live in a country where the old decide what is best for the country all the time, so its not a shock to find yet another bit of it where it benefits them.

:-)

ChorltonCharlie
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Not sure why I’m going to waste my time, but here goes…

The points system is terrible. It’s not about people expecting it to fit their needs, it’s just plain unfair and with every season that goes by it actually becomes more and more discriminatory. If we assume that most people aren’t in a position of choice over buying tickets whether home or away until they’re of working age at 18, then you’re looking at people having to be in their thirties to be genuinely operating on a level playing field.

It isn’t about whether you were there against Hereford, or even were you there on a Tuesday night at somewhere like Cardiff in say 2007. Obviously kudos if you were there, same as if you’ve had a season ticket for 15 or more years. It’s not about penalising those people, it’s about NOT penalising loyal fans whose circumstances were much different back in the day.

Loyalty is great, but we’re in the present not the past, and incentives for tickets should be based around current and more recent behaviours not 5-15 years ago. The standard rolling 2 years used by many clubs encourages people to keep their season ticket and it encourages them to attend as many away games as they can. If you’ve had a season ticket 40 years and go to the vast majority of away games, you’d still get a ticket on a rolling scheme, so what’s the problem?

There are two big issues around changing the ticketing system:
1. The club don’t care. Let’s not be naïve enough to think they genuinely are trying to reward people for behaviour 15 years ago. There’s enough noise around points as it is, so why risk upsetting a different group of people who have been customers for years. It’s not out of loyalty though, it’s so they can have an easy life.
2. The fan groups don’t represent the cross section of Burnley fans. There’s an element of turkeys not wanting to vote for Christmas. Some of them are loyal home fans and have been for decades, and would quite like to pick and choose the odd away game as a football tourist. The current system suits them fine. Then the rest of them aren’t affected. They’ve still had season tickets for decades, and they do go away. They’ll get a ticket whatever the system, so why campaign to change something that has no effect on them?

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:31 pm

ClaretTony wrote:That's a problem. I've never let anyone use my number (having said that I use it myself) but if people were honest and didn't pass on numbers like that the whole system would work in a much fairer way.
A lad I used to work with in Manchester had two season tickets for 15 years but for the last 16 he has sold them to his mate.

He keeps the loyalty points and get's to go the cup finals etc..

Not exactly fair on his mate, but he couldn't get a ST in a good a spot by joining the waiting list.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:33 pm

But lets be honest Loyalty systems are designed to create repeat custom, not be fairer on customers.

ChorltonCharlie

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Just to add, my post above is about points in general. At least the extremely high number of points for the Aberdeen game will mean we’re at a point where at least the people with the requisite number of points will have had to have bought a lot of away tickets over the years. Usually though the cut off point has been such that having a season ticket since year dot and a handful of away attendances would see you qualify. That’s what needs to be stopped.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:It's not perfect by any stretch. I have always accepted missing out on big games due to loyalty points but when you get kids that want to go to every game but have no chance of the big ones it hits home.

Most of the time there's plenty of over 5000ers willing to pass on tickets to keep building their points.
Why should kids get priority over people who've been putting time and money into following the club for years? Plenty of chances for people to go to away games, not sure why some people think they have the right to cherry pick tickets for the most popular games.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:42 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Why should kids get priority over people who've been putting time and money into following the club for years? Plenty of chances for people to go to away games, not sure why some people think they have the right to cherry pick tickets for the most popular games.
It's not cherry picking, it's giving them a fair chance for big games.

When I first started watching Burnley you just had to turn up on the day. It was fair for everyone.

ChorltonCharlie

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:42 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Why should kids get priority over people who've been putting time and money into following the club for years? Plenty of chances for people to go to away games, not sure why some people think they have the right to cherry pick tickets for the most popular games.
He's saying the opposite of cherry pick! Kids who go with their parents to all games and then can't get a ticket for Man United because more mature fans who do cherry pick.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:42 pm

keith1879 wrote:Yes you would ....but why should you? Why should you be able to get the same opportunity for match tickets as someone with a longer purchasing history? This is a situation where (and it's very unusual for Burnley) demand will massively outstrip supply.

In a normal market the tickets would be auctioned to the highest bidder ....but in sport that is ticket touting and is rightly prohibited.
Traditionally in sport we would have to go and queue up.....not acceptable in this day and age and discriminates against young, old,employed and distant fans.

Loyalty points - has to be the fairest approach but by definition with only 2000 tickets available for a game which 10,000 would probably like to attend there will be many disappointed. All the suggestions I have seen above smack of one thing only .....fixing the rules to benefit the individual.

Declaration of interest - I have over 7000 points so will probably be OK ....but not certain. If not I shrug my shoulders - people with 8000 plus have obviously been to many away games as well as being regular season ticket purchasers - they obviously deserve the tickets more than me.
Why should fans be punished for not being born earlier and given no chance to catch up? It has nothing to do with what I want, I rarely travel to away games it's just the fairest system to reward those who attend recently and gives people a chance to catch up if for whatever reason during the 2 years they couldn't attend as many to gain the points.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:50 pm

ChorltonCharlie wrote:He's saying the opposite of cherry pick! Kids who go with their parents to all games and then can't get a ticket for Man United because more mature fans who do cherry pick.
How many games were massively oversubscribed last season? By my reckoning Manu, Huddersfield and Arsenal? Even games like Liverpool and City made it to general sale I think. The way people are talking you'd think getting a ticket for any away game is absolutely impossible. I won't get a ticket for Aberdeen despite following us home and away regularly the last 20 years and watching some absolute rubbish, but I'm not ******* and moaning about it.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:56 pm

jrgbfc wrote:How many games were massively oversubscribed last season? By my reckoning Manu, Huddersfield and Arsenal? Even games like Liverpool and City made it to general sale I think. The way people are talking you'd think getting a ticket for any away game is absolutely impossible. I won't get a ticket for Aberdeen despite following us home and away regularly the last 20 years and watching some absolute rubbish, but I'm not ******* and moaning about it.
Of course you're right that there has been oppurtunities for Man City and Liverpool etc.. That's why my kids went.

You're just not right about the rest of it.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2169 times

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Latest brain storm;

How about an 'average loyalty points per season'

So if you only have had a ticket for 3 years, but been to every away game then you're going to be on max points, where as if you've had a season ticket for 10 years but only ever been on at home, you'll be stuck on 350 (or whatever number they decide is for having a season ticket)

Just brainstorming....

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3189 times
Has Liked: 1870 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:29 pm

It would be good if families could “pool” their points.

As has been said before, the issue is when individuals within groups are at differing levels of points ie parents on 7000+ and kids on 4000

In our case, both myself & brother are on 7340 & 7200 but dad is on 2300 (due to not having a STH due to circumstances). He didn’t stop going on but missed out in getting the 350pts each year for STH.

We’d happily “donate” some of our points to him to bring him in-line with us and get us all within 5000-6000 bracket

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Personally think they should of put a percentage on sale for just season ticket holders with no points required.

Maybe 20% and the other 80% on the system they’re using now.

59claret
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by 59claret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:31 pm

I usually use the in laws points when the required amount is over 5k- however having spoke to the club although they have nearly 8k points they have stressed if I use their clarets numbers it would be them who have to collect tickets and use at the ground- not allowed for me to use them - so I may have train tickets and hotel for sale soon :(

BensMee
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by BensMee » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:54 pm

I have reviewed my loyalty point history as a result of the Aberdeen ticketing requirements, I have 7000+ so should be ok for Day 2, however, I have had an ST for 15 seasons so 5250 points and then a further 2500 which I would say is about right as I do 75% of away games plus cup games etc.

Reading through this thread I see people talking of points in excess of 10,000 and i wonder how have they reached these figures? By my simple reckoning if the system is now entering it’s 15th season you can have 15 x 350 plus 4 PL seasons @ 190 points/season and 10 C’ship seasons @ 230 points per season which gives you 8310 points, if you then assume say an average/season of 5 extra games cup ties/friendlies (not sure if pre-season games count) that is another 700 points so 9000 would be around the maximum.

Maybe, I’m not fully aware of how the points system works but would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me.