ARTICLE: Six new faces as under-23s start preparations

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32526 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

ARTICLE: Six new faces as under-23s start preparations

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:22 pm

Six trialists from end of last season now all signed

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/six-new-fac ... eparations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Colburn_Claret

Leisure
Been Liked: 3793 times
Has Liked: 12491 times

Re: ARTICLE: Six new faces as under-23s start preparations

Post by Leisure » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Hopefully 1 or 2 of them will progress through the ranks.
Good luck to all 6.
These 2 users liked this post: mkmel Long Time Lurker

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Tony...on the Squad lists page, why is McNeill listed as a member of the First Team Squad whereas Jimmy Dunne for example is listed with the 23s?

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:41 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Tony...on the Squad lists page, why is McNeill listed as a member of the First Team Squad whereas Jimmy Dunne for example is listed with the 23s?
I'd guess, and it's only a guess it's because 1 has been involved in a match day squad, whilst also travelling with the team for games and regularly taking part in first team training.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:48 pm

That sounds perfectly reasonable Macca...I noticed that Dunne was with the First Team today

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5049 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:50 pm

I know it's called the U23's league, but it has to be for development, and at 23 I would hope you've proved your worth before then. These lads all being 18 is a good sign, as there is no rush for them to press for a first team spot. If anyone of them makes the first team it will be great news all round. As early results showed, the standard in this league is a lot higher than previous players were used too.

Welcome lads, and good luck UTC

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11048 times
Has Liked: 5657 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Tony, are we any closer to having any of the younger lads progress to being loaned out to a Championship side for example ?

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:Tony, are we any closer to having any of the younger lads progress to being loaned out to a Championship side for example ?

No, not just yet I wouldn't have thought.
Maybe a few seasond off that stage for that, slightly longer for actual academy kids that have come right through the club from a younger age.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:26 pm

MACCA wrote:No, not just yet I wouldn't have thought.
Maybe a few seasond off that stage for that, slightly longer for actual academy kids that have come right through the club from a younger age.
what's the average age (roughly) ?

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1154 times
Has Liked: 1068 times

Newcastle player in

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:10 am

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... d-14863229

Jay rod signing soon........like I said :D

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3802 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: Newcastle player in

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:14 am

Yeah of course you meant him, you got exposed on here for knowing nothing, why are you still pretending?

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:20 am

It was nailed on we were signing Goodridge months ago

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:09 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Tony...on the Squad lists page, why is McNeill listed as a member of the First Team Squad whereas Jimmy Dunne for example is listed with the 23s?
For no other reason than I moved him when he played last season in that last game. I'll sort them all out ahead of the new season when it is confirmed which are members of the first team squad.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:11 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:Tony, are we any closer to having any of the younger lads progress to being loaned out to a Championship side for example ?
No idea - I think the usual plan is now to have them train with us in pre-season and then make decisions on which of them it will be better to get out on loan. The new lads coming in are all just 18 so it is going to be a very young squad again.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:29 pm

ClaretTony wrote:No idea - I think the usual plan is now to have them train with us in pre-season and then make decisions on which of them it will be better to get out on loan. The new lads coming in are all just 18 so it is going to be a very young squad again.
Ok cheers. From a great distance away looking in it doesn't seem like we have anyone that is going to be getting close to our first team squad - would that be correct ?

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:34 pm

KRBFC wrote:Yeah of course you meant him, you got exposed on here for knowing nothing, why are you still pretending?
Course he did, he said a Newcastle player will be first signing of the summer, it's a done deal.

1. No deal was done he was released
2. It wasn't the first signing
4. He was hardly a "Newcastle player"
5. We were talking about the first team squad recruits at the time
6. His first aim is to break into the development team

A part from.that he was spot on :lol:

It was well publicised we were having a overhaul in the youth set up, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a dozen plus arrivals.

There's a reason there's been no slogans like "Burnley sign arsenal player" or "Burnley land Liverpool ace"

The truth is we've picked up some kids released by other clubs to bulk up the development teams. I wish them all the best, but this joker is selling it as if they're actually signings and he was in the know.

#worsestrikeratethanJuke

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:Ok cheers. From a great distance away looking in it doesn't seem like we have anyone that is going to be getting close to our first team squad - would that be correct ?
Our academy suffered for five years because of the way it was run. We've come out of that now and are having to bring lots of players in from other clubs because it had been left derelict. We have some very promising young players, although I've said that before, but they are all around the 18-20 years age group. Hopefully some of them will progress. Getting them out on loan to progressively better clubs is very much the right thing to do.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:40 pm

MACCA wrote:Course he did, he said a Newcastle player will be first signing of the summer, it's a done deal.

It was well publicised we were having a overhaul in the youth set up, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a dozen plus arrivals.

There's a reason there's been no slogans like "Burnley sign arsenal player" or "Burnley land Liverpool ace"

The truth is we've picked up some kids released by other clubs to bulk up the development teams. I wish them all the best, but this joker is selling it as if they're actually signings and he was in the know.

#worsestrikeratethanJuke
Goodridge has been with us for some time now, he's been mentioned several times in articles on this site and I said some considerable time ago that these players would be signing deals in July which they have now all done.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3802 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:48 pm

MACCA wrote:Course he did, he said a Newcastle player will be first signing of the summer, it's a done deal.

#worsestrikeratethanJuke
Another poster on here exposed him for knowing nothing about transfers yet he still waffles on like he has any idea. He said Mbemba was joining last summer I believe

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:07 pm

KRBFC wrote:Another poster on here exposed him for knowing nothing about transfers yet he still waffles on like he has any idea. He said Mbemba was joining last summer I believe
He likes to pretend, look at his username for Christ's sake. He wants to appear something he ain't.

His "in the know signings" on the football rumour sites were laughable, and think he had A 100% success rate..... of being totally wrong.
This user liked this post: KRBFC