Bitter about Aberdeen

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 600 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Re: Bitter about Aberdeen

Post by Jimmymaccer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:31 am

TC an earlier comment worries me because I’m one if them, Scarborough away, Torquay away, Derby fog blah blah....but I buy away tickets online with my son on as a friend and family...........we both have 7k points but do you mean only one of us gets the 10 points, not both........which would explain he has 7400, I have 7100 yet both always go same ganes?

Clearly we want our seats together.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 897 times
Has Liked: 1105 times

Post by bfcmik » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:37 am

keith1879 wrote:The whole point of the loyalty system when it was started was to get people to commit to the club by buying season tickets ....at a time when far fewer did than do now. And you want to devalue the very years when buying a ticket meant most to the club.
Because us oldies will not be around forever. Young people need an opportunity to get on the ladder. To get hooked by attending games instead of becoming armchair fans.

My lifestyle (job, family, place of residence) precluded me having a season ticket for 13 years - but I still attended games whenever I could, usually around 2/3rd of home games and 1/4 of away games - does this make me any less a fan than those people who lived in Burnley and had jobs that paid well enough to afford a season ticket at the time? Even now, if I wish to attend a game with my son and grandson I often have to wait until very close to the game to buy tickets, or hope they get to pay on the day because of his job and family life commitments! (e.g. my grandson now plays football at u8s level and they train or play on a Saturday) I have had a season ticket now for several years, I go to many away games, I have well over 3000 points - but I live 120+ miles from Burnley and my son lives even further away. A trip to Turf Moor is a full day outing that costs a fortune in petrol or even more if we travel by train. But I'll bet we support Burnley FC just as much as you do, or CT does, or anyone else on this board.

Does it make those people who are/were unemployed, in minimum wage or in zero hours employment any less of a fan of the club?

Or those fans who put making sure there was a meal on the table and a roof over their children's head as their financial and emotional priority - do you believe they would not often rather have been able to be at Turf Moor or enjoying a day out somewhere watching the Clarets?

The current system ensures that those who have the points will continue to accrue more points whilst those who haven't will have to be content with the scraps left on the table after the 'rich' have gobbled up as much as they can.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1132 times
Has Liked: 302 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:39 am

Maybe people would prefer the Man Utd way?

If it was them plYing Aberdeen, they’d have 2,000 tickets to distribute between 75,000+. Everyone who wants to go then has to ring a ticket hotline with their credit card details and pay for the “ticket”. But it’s only actually to enter a ballot. They then do a draw for the tickets. The 73,000ish who are unsuccessful then get a refund 10 days later.
Also for all home cup games the ticket money is atomaticly taken from your card, unless you opt out for that game. Problem there is, if you opt out it goes on your record. That’s why when Utd play Exeter the home ends are empty but the crowd is still high. It also goes on your record that you opted out. This goes against you the following season when you apply for your next season ticket. You might be deemed not loyal enough.

What is a good system? With 2000 tickets for maybe 10,000 buyers. 8,000 are going to be unhappy every time.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:18 am

IanMcL wrote:So how can folk have 8000?
15 years @350 = 5250
Bonus year (forget when it was - one off marketing ploy) 650
10 years of 23 aways = 2,300
4 years of 19 aways = 760

There's nearly 9,000. OK that's for perfect attendance - very few of those.

Plus cups, pre seasons, buying tickets for random mates who want one. If you're somebody who's always got people asking you to fet them a ticket, that last category alone could rack you up as many as 500 a season.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:23 am

Considering ticket sales got down to 5000 points it suggests that the majority who wanted tickets got them without any problem.

The vast majority who wanted to go would have been in the 6000-7000 band

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32572 times
Has Liked: 5285 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:34 am

Easy really, by buying a season ticket every year and going to a lot of away games plus cup ties.
These 2 users liked this post: Spijed deanothedino

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:44 am

The only thing I would change is some away games would be worth more points than others

The effort for most fans to get to Bournemouth on a Tuesday night compared to Utd on a Saturday should be reflected on the points system

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:46 am

bobinho wrote:
People who walk to the Turf every other Saturday for a season, get a better return than those who travel (at great expense) to the darkest dingiest places in England on a wet Tuesday nite in December... how is that right? Someone suggested I stop thinking like a fan, and look at it from the clubs perspective, but I AM a fan, so I CAN'T stop looking at it like a fan.

Away games should count for more, and be distance related. Bournemouth away gets 20 points - 30 if it's midweek - Man City away gets 10 regardless of the day/time. Home games get 5, ST holders get double. Foundation get 250 tickets allocated to a raffle draw, and members contacted to see if they want them, then they go to the next person. Look, I dunno what's best, I just know what isn't. And what I DO know, is that because there is nothing in it for the club, and because any changes will need managing by an individual who will draw a wage, nowt is likely to change regarding this.
Why should the club do this? It makes no difference to their income how far you travel to an away game (or a home game for that matter). Tesco don't give you club card points based on how far you drove to do your shopping, so why would the club give you loyalty points based on distance?

PWBFC
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 59 times

Post by PWBFC » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:08 am

Supply and demand wil always mean plenty miss out.

Defining ‘loyalty’ is a very difficult thing. I’m part of the 500 Mile Club back in 2004 ‘to help the club in its hour of need’ but have not had a season ticket for most seasons due to living 250 miles away.

The 500 Mile Club was a year before the loyalty system was introduced and I don’t have a ticket for Aberdeen. Such is life.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6395 times
Has Liked: 8754 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:15 am

I would suggest that the distance is a given.
The recognition of that fact should just give a greater points value to an away aytamendance. 10 us a serious under value.

Perhaps the two attendees types should be separated.
Priority is given for home matches to season ticket holders. Why not priority for away matches to away attendees?
This user liked this post: bobinho

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:35 am

Ian

Who lives in Salisbury, who wants more points for fans for trips to Bournemouth.

How is this board still free?

Sod it, lets just have a system where the further you live away from a game, you get more loyalty points.

So I'm 40 miles from the turf, and further away from every away games (except Carlisle!) than people in Burnley

I'd have about 14,780 points under that system

- further away than most for away games
- extra bonus for s/t holder all that time plus living 40 miles away
- member of the foundation when we really needed it, and not just cos I wanted to bypass the points system for ticket priority

BUT I'd then lose points because I've two young kids so my away attendance is nothing like it was before they were born, so I'd drop back a bit, lets call it "real life is more important than watching Burnley but that doesn't count in the proper fan stakes" so lets minus 100 points each year for each child.

Then using the "Ringo/Quick formula" the"You don't live in Burnley so your attendance doesn't matter as much as ours does". I'd lose some points there.

But I'd gain all those back under the reverse formula of "when I was going, loads of people in Burnley who say they went to every game when we were **** and getting 2,000 on but that can't be true because we wouldn't have crowds of 2,000" plan.

So after all that, I get roughly just under 8000 points. Which is what I've got under the old system.

Anyone got a better idea?
This user liked this post: thatdberight

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:55 am

IanMcL wrote:I would suggest that the distance is a given.
The recognition of that fact should just give a greater points value to an away aytamendance. 10 us a serious under value.

Priority is given for home matches to season ticket holders. Why not priority for away matches to away attendees?
Yes. People who already have a season ticket for home matches should get priority only for those matches for which they already have a ticket. What a fantastic idea. :roll:
This user liked this post: deanothedino

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2109 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:10 am

Some mental suggestions on here. What about someone who lives in North London? Do they deserve extra points for going to Arsenal or Spurs, which is right on their doorstep?

RammyClaret61

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:20 am

Whatever system you think of, 20,000 wanting tickets still doesn’t divide into 2,000.

On the points for distance traveled. If I come to a game from Melbourne, would that put me at the top of the priority table?!?

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 am

Small allocation successful times means some people are unfortunately going to miss out.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4110 times
Has Liked: 6592 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:45 am

thatdberight wrote:Yes. People who already have a season ticket for home matches should get priority only for those matches for which they already have a ticket. What a fantastic idea. :roll:
Thatdbewrong. (See what I did there?)

He means for cup games.

At least, I THINK he means cup games. Like Aberdeen. Or Montpellier.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Deardeary
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Deardeary » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:46 am

Have we actually sold out our allocation yet, or is someone whinging about something that hasn’t happened yet?

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:49 am

Deardeary wrote:Have we actually sold out our allocation yet, or is someone whinging about something that hasn’t happened yet?
The official account on Twitter said they were sold out, but they then replied to a question about going back on sale soon to which they replied "yes" so who knows?

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2637 times
Has Liked: 6468 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:15 am

As someone who has just shy of 4000 points I booked a premier inn room on the off chance I may get a ticket. As it is, I accept there are at least (probably a lot more) 2000 fans who have more points than me. I’ve cancelled the premier inn booking, and I’ll make sure I get to the home leg - which for me is a 420 mile round trip on a Thursday night from Milton Keynes.

The loyalty system may appear flawed to some because it doesn’t suit their personal situation, it is what it is, and I accept it - I’ll still manage to get tickets for Southampton away, and many of the London fixtures if I want them, so I’m not that fussed. If I was that fussed, I’d probably have enough points anyway because I’d have been to more games.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:49 pm

bobinho wrote:Thatdbewrong. (See what I did there?)

He means for cup games.

Perhaps he did. There are some posters who are a good advertisement for keeping what we have because, while one might accuse those who are currently well-served of trying to preserve the status quo purely for selfish reasons, others want a replacement scheme created to meet exactly their circumstances. If it's just going to be a different set of people looking after themselves to the exclusion of others, well, we've already got that.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:28 pm

This is what I posted on another thread and imo seems fair.

How about an 'average loyalty points per season'

So if you only have had a ticket for 3 years, but been to every away game then you're going to be on max points, where as if you've had a season ticket for 10 years but only ever been on at home, you'll be stuck on 350 (or whatever number they decide is for having a season ticket)

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6971 times
Has Liked: 1487 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:34 pm

IanMcL wrote:I would suggest that the distance is a given.

Haha. Yes. Let’s reward people who happen to live further away.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:42 pm

LongSider75 wrote:Only missed half a dozen games in the last 6/7 years, none at the Turf for at least 10 years, but can't get a ticket for Aberdeen. I know rules have to be adhered to but it hurts a little when you go all over the country and sit with a poor away following on a crap Tues night in the middle of winter. Loyalty points system is outdated, Thanks BFC.
Apologies if this has been asked as I’ve not read the whole thread. But if you have attended the number of games that you have over the past 10 years then how didn’t you have enough loyalty points to be able to purchase tickets for this game?

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Apologies if this has been asked as I’ve not read the whole thread. But if you have attended the number of games that you have over the past 10 years then how didn’t you have enough loyalty points to be able to purchase tickets for this game?

I've had my own season ticket (my own Clarets number etc) for 10 years and only have just over 4000 points.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:01 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:I've had my own season ticket (my own Clarets number etc) for 10 years and only have just over 4000 points.
But the OP has only missed half a dozen away games in 7 years, in addition to presumably having a season ticket for 10 years.

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:16 pm

No realissues with current system, last year all but 3 away match ticket sales went down to ST holders. So new fans would have only missed out on the three 3 matches which is unfair. The club should have an away credit system for away matches with high demand.

Targetman
Been Liked: 506 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Targetman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:34 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:I've had my own season ticket (my own Clarets number etc) for 10 years and only have just over 4000 points.
My 16 year old nephew has had a season ticket since 2008/09 season. He has 6,700 points.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Targetman wrote:My 16 year old nephew has had a season ticket since 2008/09 season. He has 6,700 points.
On many away games? I'm not a massive away traveller.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3169 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:27 pm

I don't know if they could make this work, but how about if you get a ticket to an away game you go to the top of the list for a ticket for the return fixture?

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:37 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:On many away games? I'm not a massive away traveller.
So somebody in your position wouldn't surely be selfish or hypocritical enough to suggest they should have a big chance of going to Aberdeen away. I'd have thought.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:39 pm

boatshed bill wrote:I don't know if they could make this work, but how about if you get a ticket to an away game you go to the top of the list for a ticket for the return fixture?
That would be bizarre. Since you can only get away game tickets if you're a season ticket holder, you're going to get your own seat at home. I think you've just solved a problem that can't exist.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3169 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:41 pm

thatdberight wrote:That would be bizarre. Since you can only get away game tickets if you're a season ticket holder, you're going to get your own seat at home. I think you've just solved a problem that can't exist.
Probably, but I was thinking maybe just for 2 leg cup games, let's face it, we hardly play any!

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:10 pm

thatdberight wrote:So somebody in your position wouldn't surely be selfish or hypocritical enough to suggest they should have a big chance of going to Aberdeen away. I'd have thought.
I've not really thought much about it knowing I wouldn't get tickets for this anyway so I've not felt aggrieved or hard done to.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:36 pm

bobinho wrote:Thatdbewrong. (See what I did there?)

He means for cup games.

That's it precisely!

Mostly go home...smpriotity for seat at extra home matches (cups), for which you have no right in theory.

Mostly go away... Priority for away trips.

Go home and away....you deserve to have priority for every match.

I am glad someone got it bobinho!

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:42 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Haha. Yes. Let’s reward people who happen to live further away.
No let's reward those who are consistently making an effort to attend away matches by giving them priority so they can continue to do what they are already doing, Nothing about where you live at all.

Home priority for homers and away priority for Sayers, so they are not suddenly discarded, because someone who never leaves Burnley can suddenly take their place at any given moment.

ChorltonCharlie
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:58 am

This debate goes around in circles. The idea though that sales for the Aberdeen game prove it’s not a problem is bonkers. The club has at its fingertips the data that tells them who goes to home games and away games. Anecdotally we hear that mistakes are made, such as not asking for clarets numbers when selling tickets for low key away games, and putting all points on one persons account. Putting those things to one side they know who does and doesn’t go. Off past buying experience they should know who’s most likely to go based on buying history and who is most ‘deserving’ based on home and away attendance. That’s the whole point of these point systems. It’s moving from 20 years ago of “must have a season ticket and have 6 away stubs from this season to get a ticket”. The points system is simply an electronic way of doing that. Yet our club messed up years ago, and some genius decided that points would be cumulative from the day the system started. There’s the mistake; fix that and suddenly you have a system that works much better. I’ve always liked the idea of 2 seasons, despite having a season ticket since the days it was introduced. The system should be current/timely to show recent buying trends. The fact that for this game many with higher points haven’t opted to buy, shows the system isn’t working.

I read a lot of weird and wonderful ideas. I’m not in favour of most, certainly not the idea that different games attract higher points. The one that says you spend points is madness too. The current system in it’s basics works. Points for every game you attend, and bonus points for having a season ticket. All good there, just don’t take the history back 14 years, or whatever it is. Lets not forget, unless the club do something soon, this will get worse with every year that goes by. It’s not right that people like me, who have had a season ticket since year dot and have attended only a handful of away games in the last few years are still near to the front of the queue. I should have lost that privilege when I put other personal things ahead of attending Burnley away games.

Selby Claret
Been Liked: 402 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by Selby Claret » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:51 am

I wondered that

13x season tickets @ 350 pts is 4550

20x away tickets every season for 13 seasons @ 10 pts is 2600

Do you gain points for club shop purchases?

Still need nearly 1000 points worth of shop points / cup tickets / preseason friendlies (?) to get to 8000.

Unless you can also buy a home ticket as well as your season ticket for 10 pts (e.g. when my Dad comes with me occasionally and I buy him a ticket on my account)

Also, my uncle has over 7000 points but never goes to away games....?!
Last edited by Selby Claret on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:There are 2000 tickets for this one. People were always going to miss out.

Now if anyone wants to tell the 2000 who are going that they are not proper fans, knock yourself out but you know thats utter bullshit.
Good point but let's flip it, if anyone wants to tell the 20,000+ who missed out because they're not considered ''loyal fans'' by the club then that's also utter bullshit. To me, you're either a Burnley fan or you're not, most of us I suspect were born Burnley fans, I don't care too much about the Aberdeen situation because it doesn't affect me but it's two fingers up to many of our fans.

Not that I think comparing fan ''loyalty'' even makes sense because everyone's circumstances are different but the current system is flawed and here's a few examples of why:

-Somebody who has had 5 season tickets since 2005 is considered a more ''loyal'' fan than someone who had one for 40 consecutive years prior to 2005 but due to circumstances is unable to attend regularly so has only bought 2 season tickets since 2005.

-What about the people who travel regularly away but have often got tickets using a friends Clarets number or through the supporters groups? They attend but don't get the points for it.

-What about somebody born after 2005? They don't even have a chance at catching up so will always be nowhere near first priority, punished for being born late.

It's a real shame the fans who are supposed to represent the fans chose to represent themselves and this system suits them so they'll never mention anything to do with changing the loyalty system.
This user liked this post: thatdberight

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:55 am

if anyone wants to tell the 20,000+ who missed out because they're not considered ''loyal fans'' by the club then that's also utter bullshit
No one has said that. That is the crucial fact here.

Selby Claret
Been Liked: 402 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by Selby Claret » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:57 am

KRBFC wrote:Good point but let's flip it, if anyone wants to tell the 20,000+ who missed out because they're not considered ''loyal fans'' by the club then that's also utter bullshit. To me, you're either a Burnley fan or you're not, most of us I suspect were born Burnley fans, I don't care too much about the Aberdeen situation because it doesn't affect me but it's two fingers up to many of our fans.

-Somebody who has had 5 season tickets since 2005 is considered a more ''loyal'' fan than someone who had one for 40 consecutive years prior to 2005 but due to circumstances is unable to attend regularly so has only bought 2 season tickets since 2005
My dad made this point. He was at the following:
Maine Road 1960
Cup Final v Spurs
Sherpa Van 1988
York City 1992
Play Off Final 1994
Play Off Final 2009

But because he's in his 70s now with failing health its not worth him buying a season ticket as he can only manage 10 ish games a season
Also, his commitment taking me and my sister here there and everywhere in the 80s and 90s counts for nothing

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:57 am

bfcmik wrote:Because us oldies will not be around forever. Young people need an opportunity to get on the ladder. To get hooked by attending games instead of becoming armchair fans.

My lifestyle (job, family, place of residence) precluded me having a season ticket for 13 years - but I still attended games whenever I could, usually around 2/3rd of home games and 1/4 of away games - does this make me any less a fan than those people who lived in Burnley and had jobs that paid well enough to afford a season ticket at the time? Even now, if I wish to attend a game with my son and grandson I often have to wait until very close to the game to buy tickets, or hope they get to pay on the day because of his job and family life commitments! (e.g. my grandson now plays football at u8s level and they train or play on a Saturday) I have had a season ticket now for several years, I go to many away games, I have well over 3000 points - but I live 120+ miles from Burnley and my son lives even further away. A trip to Turf Moor is a full day outing that costs a fortune in petrol or even more if we travel by train. But I'll bet we support Burnley FC just as much as you do, or CT does, or anyone else on this board.

Does it make those people who are/were unemployed, in minimum wage or in zero hours employment any less of a fan of the club?

Or those fans who put making sure there was a meal on the table and a roof over their children's head as their financial and emotional priority - do you believe they would not often rather have been able to be at Turf Moor or enjoying a day out somewhere watching the Clarets?

The current system ensures that those who have the points will continue to accrue more points whilst those who haven't will have to be content with the scraps left on the table after the 'rich' have gobbled up as much as they can.
No it absolutely doesn't but the club think it does, I've never understood the whole comparing fan loyalty, there are quite a few on here who seem to get a kick from thinking they support the club more than the next poster. It's like a battle for the most ''loyal'' fan when really we're all equal, it's strange.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:59 am

Selby Claret wrote:My dad made this point. He was at the following:
Maine Road 1960
Cup Final v Spurs
Sherpa Van 1988
York City 1992
Play Off Final 1994
Play Off Final 2009

But because he's in his 70s now with failing health its not worth him buying a season ticket as he can only manage 10 ish games a season
Also, his commitment taking me and my sister here there and everywhere in the 80s and 90s counts for nothing
Yet he's way down on the priority list because he's not considered loyal enough, crazy really and shows how fked the current system is.

RammyClaret61

Post by RammyClaret61 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:59 am

I have a question.
For a non season ticket holder. When you buy a ticket for any home game do you get 10 pts?

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:17 am

Like it or not the loyalty points are weighted toward you bringing money into the club. The club make money from season tickets and naff all from away tickets and so are rewarding those who have ploughed the most money in over the years.

Unfortunately under any system there are winners and losers. There's no way to please everyone.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:26 am

IanMcL wrote:No let's reward those who are consistently making an effort to attend away matches by giving them priority so they can continue to do what they are already doing, Nothing about where you live at all.

Home priority for homers and away priority for Sayers, so they are not suddenly discarded, because someone who never leaves Burnley can suddenly take their place at any given moment.
So if someone lives in London, say, 5 teams on their doorstep, 1 half an hour away, 3 on the South Coast, Leicester an hour on the train, probably easier to get to 12 out of the 19 aways last season (and only 2 hours to Liverpool or Manchester by train) for all this "making an effort", that person deserves priority to go to Aberdeen? No, not that I can see.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 am

Selby Claret wrote:I wondered that

13x season tickets @ 350 pts is 4550

20x away tickets every season for 13 seasons @ 10 pts is 2600

Do you gain points for club shop purchases?

Still need nearly 1000 points worth of shop points / cup tickets / preseason friendlies (?) to get to 8000.

Unless you can also buy a home ticket as well as your season ticket for 10 pts (e.g. when my Dad comes with me occasionally and I buy him a ticket on my account)

Also, my uncle has over 7000 points but never goes to away games....?!
All your numbers are wrong. See post #54.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:29 am

Falcon wrote:Like it or not the loyalty points are weighted toward you bringing money into the club. The club make money from season tickets and naff all from away tickets and so are rewarding those who have ploughed the most money in over the years.

Unfortunately under any system there are winners and losers. There's no way to please everyone.
Since 2005, all support prior counts for nothing, seems like the fairest way to really measure fan ''loyalty'' given how amazing we were prior to 2005, all those pre 2005 glory seekers eh

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 311 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Post by northeastclaret » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:36 am

I have never read so much b*llshit in my life as on this thread, the biggest being KRBFC as usual. What a set of selfish whingers we are
This user liked this post: RammyClaret61

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:36 am

IanMcL wrote:No let's reward those who are consistently making an effort to attend away matches by giving them priority so they can continue to do what they are already doing, Nothing about where you live at all.

i think the number of people who go to mainly away games rather than home games will be small and they will do it that way because they live nearer the away games.

if they're making an effort to go to away games and its not about distance, why not make the same effort for home games?

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:23 am

thatdberight wrote:So if someone lives in London, say, 5 teams on their doorstep, 1 half an hour away, 3 on the South Coast, Leicester an hour on the train, probably easier to get to 12 out of the 19 aways last season (and only 2 hours to Liverpool or Manchester by train) for all this "making an effort", that person deserves priority to go to Aberdeen? No, not that I can see.
Loyalty is not based on last season's travels, just as it is not based on last season's home tickets. To accumulate sufficient away loyalty points, one would have to have covered a a fair distance over a long period. Geography is the same for all regulars, some close and some far.