Brexit betrayal complete so..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Brexit betrayal complete so..

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:55 pm

The UK now needs our own Trump/Salvini bring it on ..

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Re: Brexit betrayal complete so..

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:05 pm

:lol:

Are we not leaving then? What happened to leaving at all costs to obey the referendum? What happened to it not mattering how we leave, as long as we leave?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:09 pm

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:12 pm

The 17.4 million will simply accept this and carry carry on voting red or blue ...not

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:16 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:The 17.4 million will simply accept this and carry carry on voting red or blue ...not

But we're leaving. They won, they should get over it.

yTib
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Post by yTib » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:16 pm

we certainly don't need a trump.

we just need to face up to a hard cut-off rather than this writhing around version.

if the turkeys have voted for christmas then for god's sake give it to them.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2600 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Thread title is very Irish so......

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:19 pm

yTib wrote:we certainly don't need a trump.

we just need to face up to a hard cut-off rather than this writhing around version.

if the turkeys have voted for christmas then for god's sake give it to them.

Trump fans want a civil war. I wonder if Smudge is itching for something similar here.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:29 pm

What’s hilarious is the left siding with the large corporations....

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:30 pm

We need someone who clothes themselves in the Union Jack, while sucking up to Russia.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:31 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:What’s hilarious is the left siding with the large corporations....
Just because we're on the same side doesn't mean it's for the same reasons. But it makes me laugh that you think that tactic would work. Also, you're siding with Putin. So...
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6883 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:31 pm

I am now even more convinced it won't happen. The Tories will have a leadership competition an election will be called,UKIP will take Tory votes the liberals will get lots of seats hold the balance of power do a deal with labour and there will be another referendum .

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:33 pm

bfcjg wrote:I am now even more convinced it won't happen. The Tories will have a leadership competition an election will be called,UKIP will take Tory votes the liberals will get lots of seats hold the balance of power do a deal with labour and there will be another referendum .
If this forces a leadership contest among the Tories it won't be to replace may with another Remain supporter. So i don't see UKIP getting all that many votes from the Tories in an election following a leadership change.

yTib

Post by yTib » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:36 pm

ukip are dead and nigel farage has realised what he has done.

when we actually leave and the shyte really hits the fan i expect he'll claim asylum in trump tower.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:37 pm

BTW: Who is the leader of UKIP this week?
This user liked this post: Foulthrow

yTib

Post by yTib » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:BTW: Who is the leader of UKIP this week?
esther mcvey might have some spare time coming up.

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:BTW: Who is the leader of UKIP this week?
Ringo

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:39 pm

yTib wrote:ukip are dead and nigel farage has realised what he has done.

when we actually leave and the shyte really hits the fan i expect he'll claim asylum in trump tower.

He got what he wanted out of it, more money. He doesnt' give a **** about what happens to the coun try, unless there's a way for him to make money out of it.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2753 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:39 pm

bfcjg wrote:I am now even more convinced it won't happen. The Tories will have a leadership competition an election will be called,UKIP will take Tory votes the liberals will get lots of seats hold the balance of power do a deal with labour and there will be another referendum .
The Liberals will get lots of seats? Are they buying season tickets? Heaven save us from that few.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Looks like someone's trying to get the thread deleted.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:41 pm

yTib wrote:ukip are dead and nigel farage has realised what he has done.

Just how will the shite really hit the fan? Are you some sort of expert on economics, trade and industry and business, and an all round political genius?
Last edited by Stayingup on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Stayingup wrote:Just how will the shite really hit the fan? Are you some sort of expert on economics, industry, and an all round political genius?
Even if he was an expert you'd ignore him. So why bother asking?

yTib

Post by yTib » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Stayingup wrote:Just how will the shite really hit the fan? Are you some sort of expert on economics, trade and industry, and an all round political genius?
all of those things sonny.

but don't take my word for it you desperate, clambering fool.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Even if he was an expert you'd ignore him. So why bother asking?
Did anyone ask for your warped opion?

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:44 pm

A friend has just come back from a month in Poland and the far right in that country and nearby countries such as Hungry are gaining more and more influence. Populist right wing parties across Europe are gaining strength eventually they will take control of the EU parliament then God help us. I want out to ensure we cannot be dictated to by the likes of the Italian president.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 511 times
Has Liked: 1062 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:44 pm

You've lost me.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:47 pm

After Chequers May will win any leadership contest hands down.
Only those who call for the contest, possibly about 50 of them will vote for Rees Mogg, and in the interests of "party unity" (i.e. avoiding a general Election at all costs), the rest will support her.
Gove has pretty much ruled himself out of opposing her this morning, and Boris won't stand at this point in time.
(The left / "soft-brexiteers" won't stand against her now).

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:47 pm

bfcjg wrote:A friend has just come back from a month in Poland and the far right in that country and nearby countries such as Hungry are gaining more and more influence. Populist right wing parties across Europe are gaining strength eventually they will take control of the EU parliament then God help us. I want out to ensure we cannot be dictated to by the likes of the Italian president.

The EU doesn't dictate a thing. All member nations get to vote and they all get to veto. No amount of far-right countries in the EU can dictate anything to us if we refuse to let them. In which case they'll either all leave, or kick us out if we're the only non-extreme far-right country involved. So what are you worried about again? Or are you just concern trolling?

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:50 pm

bfcjg wrote:A friend has just come back from a month in Poland and the far right in that country and nearby countries such as Hungry are gaining more and more influence. Populist right wing parties across Europe are gaining strength eventually they will take control of the EU parliament then God help us. I want out to ensure we cannot be dictated to by the likes of the Italian president.
Do you actually know what you are talking about?

Why do you think the so called right is gaining influence? Perhaps it's because the Liberal elites have let the populous down - as they have throughout Europe and elsewhere and hence in the USA Trumpism

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:58 pm

Stayingup wrote:Do you actually know what you are talking about?

Why do you think the so called right is gaining influence? Perhaps it's because the Liberal elites have let the populous down - as they have throughout Europe and elsewhere and hence in the USA Trumpism

In those countries with far-right leadership, please name the "liberal elites" that have "let the populous down".

I'll wait.

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2939 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Scenario, May delivers the softest of soft Brexit, Tory revolt follows, May resigns/ sacked new leader says sorry the deal is done, nothing I can do about it.
May is made a dame,
Mission accomplished says May.

Dante.El.Chunk
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Dante.El.Chunk » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Watching the incessant bickering is really making me consider my future on this board. Plenty of hot topics have come up that I have a view on but time and time again I look at trolls/ idiots/ people debating without knowledge and so I don't really bother. It's not just this site either. Does everyone realise that we are literally begging for internet passports right now? Theee is no other way to get people to act reasonably to one another online. Of course the black mirror episode with the bees is another way............
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:40 pm

That's the trouble the Internet Dante. If you're a bit of d1ck in real life you become a complete weapon on it.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Caballo wrote:That's the trouble the Internet Dante. If you're a bit of d1ck in real life you become a complete weapon on it.
Well, at least you're self-aware.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:47 pm

I must be a massive cock in real life then

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Dante.El.Chunk wrote:Watching the incessant bickering is really making me consider my future on this board. Plenty of hot topics have come up that I have a view on but time and time again I look at trolls/ idiots/ people debating without knowledge and so I don't really bother. It's not just this site either. Does everyone realise that we are literally begging for internet passports right now? Theee is no other way to get people to act reasonably to one another online. Of course the black mirror episode with the bees is another way............

I quoted the racist remarks about grooming gangs by Sarah Champion and was banned for a week for a racist post, even though it was a direct quote from the Daily Express.
There's no point commenting on a board when even the mods are idiots.
It's a shame but real Burnley fans have nowhere to go online to discuss football and just football without all this witless, right-wing crap.

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Well, at least you're self-aware.
You're nothing if not predictable.

bluelabrador16
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Post by bluelabrador16 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:59 pm

An interesting read:

America Shows Many Signs of Impending, Catastrophic Collapse – a Pulitzer Prize Winner Explains

Chris Hedges
".....The Democratic Party, which helped build our system of inverted totalitarianism, is once again held up by many on the left as the savior. Yet the party steadfastly refuses to address the social inequality that led to the election of Trump and the insurgency by Bernie Sanders. It is deaf, dumb and blind to the very real economic suffering that plagues over half the country. It will not fight to pay workers a living wage.

It will not defy the pharmaceutical and insurance industries to provide Medicare for all. It will not curb the voracious appetite of the military that is disembowelling the country and promoting the prosecution of futile and costly foreign wars. It will not restore our lost civil liberties, including the right to privacy, freedom from government surveillance, and due process. It will not get corporate and dark money out of politics.

It will not demilitarize our police and reform a prison system that has 25 percent of the world’s prisoners although the United States has only 5 percent of the world’s population. It plays to the margins, especially in election seasons, refusing to address substantive political and social problems and instead focusing on narrow cultural issues like gay rights, abortion and gun control in our peculiar species of anti-politics.

This is a doomed tactic, but one that is understandable. The leadership of the party, the Clintons, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Tom Perez, are creations of corporate America. In an open and democratic political process, one not dominated by party elites and corporate money, these people would not hold political power. They know this.

They would rather implode the entire system than give up their positions of privilege. And that, I fear, is what will happen. The idea that the Democratic Party is in any way a bulwark against despotism defies the last three decades of its political activity. It is the guarantor of despotism.

Trump has tapped into the hatred that huge segments of the American public have for a political and economic system that has betrayed them. He may be inept, degenerate, dishonest and a narcissist, but he adeptly ridicules the system they despise. His cruel and demeaning taunts directed at government agencies, laws and the established elites resonate with people for whom these agencies, laws and elites have become hostile forces. And for many who see no shift in the political landscape to alleviate their suffering, Trump’s cruelty and invective are at least cathartic.....

But the warnings from the architects of our failed democracy against creeping fascism, Madeleine Albright among them, are risible. They show how disconnected the elites have become from the zeitgeist. None of these elites has credibility. They built the edifice of lies, deceit and corporate pillage that made Trump possible. And the more Trump demeans these elites, and the more they cry out like Cassandras, the more he salvages his disastrous presidency and enables the kleptocrats pillaging the country as it swiftly disintegrates.....

All the harbingers of collapse are visible: crumbling infrastructure; chronic underemployment and unemployment; the indiscriminate use of lethal force by police; political paralysis and stagnation; an economy built on the scaffolding of debt; nihilistic mass shootings in schools, universities, workplaces, malls, concert venues and movie theaters; opioid overdoses that kill some 64,000 people a year; an epidemic of suicides; unsustainable military expansion; gambling as a desperate tool of economic development and government revenue; the capture of power by a tiny, corrupt clique; censorship; the physical diminishing of public institutions ranging from schools and libraries to courts and medical facilities; the incessant bombardment by electronic hallucinations to divert us from the depressing sight that has become America and keep us trapped in illusions.

We suffer the usual pathologies of impending death. I would be happy to be wrong. But I have seen this before. I know the warning signs.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-coming-collapse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle.....any thoughts on the article.
Last edited by bluelabrador16 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Caballo wrote:You're nothing if not predictable.
Not able to take a joke either. :(

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Turtle I’ve heard it all now the justification for the left supporting the large corporations is at least we arnt siding with Putin ?? really well I’m off to order vodka with a Novichok chaser ..
This user liked this post: bluelabrador16

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:04 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Turtle I’ve heard it all now the justification for the left supporting the large corporations is at least we arnt siding with Putin ?? really well I’m off to order vodka with a Novichok chaser ..

Who said the left are supporting large corporations? No one. You're making **** up again.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:11 pm

Big business want to stay in the EU or in other words the 1% that socialist detest but yet the left also want to stay in the EU I ain’t making anything up it’s a FACT ...

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:23 pm

In the event of yet another General Election both major parties will hold their bases,where the centrist voters go is a valid question,the Liberals won't gain any seats,the Liberal Democrats on the other hand will make modest gains and potentially could hold sway along with the SNP and other parties.

In short the parliamentary arithmetic won't change much and the majority for a single market/customs union will still remain.

Whether the agreement of cabinet unity will last for long is up for debate anyway https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44755049

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:34 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Big business want to stay in the EU or in other words the 1% that socialist detest but yet the left also want to stay in the EU I ain’t making anything up it’s a FACT ...

Just because two parties want the same thing doesn't mean one supports the other. For example. I want the tories to lose the next election, so might you. But that doesn't mean we want the same thing for the same reasons. I want them to lose because they're terrible people. You might want them to lose because they're not terrible enough. That doesn't mean I support you, you daft ****. :lol:

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Your struggling turtle and I don’t know why you have to call me the names you do I don’t call you **** do I ? smells like desperation ...

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:47 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Your struggling turtle and I don’t know why you have to call me the names you do I don’t call you **** do I ? smells like desperation ...

I knew you'd go straight to that and completely ignore the rest of my post which destroys your point. It's why i did it.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Has anyone heard from Ringo? Is he ok?

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:11 pm

May secures 'peace in our time.'

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:14 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:I quoted the racist remarks about grooming gangs by Sarah Champion and was banned for a week for a racist post, even though it was a direct quote from the Daily Express.
There's no point commenting on a board when even the mods are idiots.
It's a shame but real Burnley fans have nowhere to go online to discuss football and just football without all this witless, right-wing crap.
On a thread regarding ‘quotes your Mrs/women have said’ you wedged in a racist comment you mean. The second paragraph totally contradicts the crap you wrote when banned.

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:The EU doesn't dictate a thing. All member nations get to vote and they all get to veto. No amount of far-right countries in the EU can dictate anything to us if we refuse to let them. In which case they'll either all leave, or kick us out if we're the only non-extreme far-right country involved. So what are you worried about again? Or are you just concern trolling?
You're extremely naive if you think the EU don't dictate to us.