Page 2 of 3

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:16 pm
by Woonderbah
mkmel wrote:Shall we watch this space?


This space or that space ?

I'd be delighted with Brady and Defour back to full fitness and picking up where they left off.
Lennon with a Dyche pre-season will bring out his best too.
Get Mee signed up for another adventure.
Additions would be welcome but I don't think we're as desperate as some make out.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:18 pm
by claretandy
https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/fo ... -1-9243912

According to this, we have moved on from Dawson as WBA won't budge on the £20m asking price.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:24 pm
by k90bfc
Any Burnley fan,who hasnt got trust or faith,in Sean Dyche,now,We might as well all panic,and give up,Chill Out!Im not giving up,after 55 years,Enjoy! Its a dream!

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:25 pm
by ClaretAndJew
k90bfc wrote:Any Burnley fan,who hasnt got trust or faith,in Sean Dyche,now,We might as well all panic,and give up,Chill Out!Im not giving up,after 55 years,Enjoy! Its a dream!


Ok Mr Walken

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 pm
by Rileybobs
There’s a perfectly plausible chance that West Brom won’t sell Dawson until they get a replacement through the door. In which case, if he’s our number one target it would be worth waiting round for and may explain why the deal hasn’t yet gone through.

An awful lot of you seem to have a very basic knowledge of how recruitment works.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:29 pm
by tiger76
Just had a quick browse through the older posts,we get these groundhog day threads every transfer window,chill out and enjoy the World Cup and the abnormal British summer,if the right players become available within a sensible budget we'll sign them,if not we shouldn't be held to ransom by the likes of West Brom 20 million for Dawson :lol:.

In answer to the :?: yes we will.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 am
by Lord Beamish
ClaretAndJew wrote:Ok Mr Walken

That’s exactly how I read it.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 am
by houseboy
quoonbeatz wrote:thought you wanted the purse strings loosening a little?

That is precisely my point mate. I'm not saying we SHOULDN'T, I'm saying I don't think we WILL. But I do think that at 20m Jayrod is a tad over-priced.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:36 am
by Steve1956
sculptureofman wrote:It's the 10th of f*cking July

And now it's the 11th of July..strange how days follow on isn't it?

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:28 am
by dsr
Steve1956 wrote:And now it's the 11th of July..strange how days follow on isn't it?

And just as day follows day, transfer window follows transfer window, and it's always doom, gloom, dismay and disaster as Burnley FC continue to make bad signings, to make late signings, to make no signings, to give their fans nothing to cheer us and nothing to celebrate.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the football, the Premier League, Europe, and being 7th in the League, there'd be nothing to cheer about at all.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:35 pm
by Burnley1989
who we signing again ClaretHats, you should have said

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:29 pm
by Steve1956
dsr wrote:And just as day follows day, transfer window follows transfer window, and it's always doom, gloom, dismay and disaster as Burnley FC continue to make bad signings, to make late signings, to make no signings, to give their fans nothing to cheer us and nothing to celebrate.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the football, the Premier League, Europe, and being 7th in the League, there'd be nothing to cheer about at all.

:lol:

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:17 pm
by piston broke
Watford Observer reporting Watford have joined Burnley in expressing an interest in Tarek Hamed. 5’7” defensive midfielder with 27 Egypt caps.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarek_Hamed

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:20 pm
by Top Claret
Sounds a decent fella. He would take some settling in though. I honestly can't see him being on the BFC radar

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:19 pm
by jurek
Well, it certainly doesn't look like much if anything will materialise
this week but we are getting close to 'make your mind up and get some bids in'.

Dych is probably getting a little concerned, if not twitchy and would have liked
one or two by now.

Next week seems like our best bet.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:02 pm
by NRC
jurek wrote:Next week seems like our best bet.


perhaps Thursday

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:39 pm
by Top Claret
No fukin chance

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:43 pm
by boatshed bill
Simple question:
assuming we keep all of our remaining senior squad members, do we need to sign anyone?

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:45 pm
by randomclaret2
Yes

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:45 pm
by taio
boatshed bill wrote:Simple question:
assuming we keep all of our remaining senior squad members, do we need to sign anyone?


We certainly do.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:46 pm
by KRBFC
boatshed bill wrote:Simple question:
assuming we keep all of our remaining senior squad members, do we need to sign anyone?

Yeah, we have 3 real wide players and one coming off a long term injury and the other hasn't done an awful lot yet. 3 central defenders and we still lack quality upfront with the intense schedule providing we make it through a few rounds in Europe will leave us desperately short. I think we need 4 or 5 with a couple outgoing.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:47 pm
by Bordeauxclaret
boatshed bill wrote:Simple question:
assuming we keep all of our remaining senior squad members, do we need to sign anyone?


Yes. Without doubt yes.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:47 pm
by boatshed bill
Any specific positions you think?
Personally I thought another centre-back, but perhaps SD feels that we have enough cover in the development squad?

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:57 pm
by tiger76
If we didn't have the Europa League,possibly we could get by with what we have,but we do and already Defour is likely to miss a fair number of early season games,plus him and Brady and maybe others have to get up too match fitness,in addition Airfield and Marney have left the building,there is no guarantee Walters or Wells will play regular football,so even as we stand today midfield for one looks thin on the ground.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 pm
by randomclaret2
Dyche said after the game he has spoken with the Chairman and Chief Exec today and we are apparently getting close on a couple of signings

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:03 pm
by boatshed bill
We're in a tricky situation really. If we are to improve on 7th we obviously need top 6 quality players, but they are out of our price range.
Or we could throw £20 -£30 million just to bulk up the squad???

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:46 am
by randomclaret2
Nixon reckons he"ll have some Burnley news tomorrow

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:00 am
by Steve-Harpers-perm
But I thought we weren’t going to sign anyone this pre season? Bloody chairman and chief exec messing it up.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:15 am
by The Enclosure
lets go with what we got and see where it takes us....transfer fees are now just ridiculous.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:20 am
by randomclaret2
That thankfully isnt the opinion held by the club.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:22 am
by claretspice
boatshed bill wrote:Any specific positions you think?
Personally I thought another centre-back, but perhaps SD feels that we have enough cover in the development squad?


We are currently 3 players down on last season's squad - Arfield, Marney and Nkoudou - and given it looks like Walters is available, it's arguably 4 (although given imjuries Nkoudou and Walters arguably covered one slot between them).

We already knew we needed another centre back, so you'd probably say we need at least 2 players in the midfield and wide departments to compensate for departures, plus Dyche appears to want another striker.

That would be 4 additions. Not all need to be marquee arrivals- central midfield in particular would be about depth - but we're certainty leaving our business later than we'd like. As ever it's a fine line between patience and stubbornness.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:25 am
by Tall Paul
The Enclosure wrote:lets go with what we got and see where it takes us....transfer fees are now just ridiculous.


So is the income received for being in the PL. What should we do with all that income if we're not going to spend it on players?

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:31 am
by Steve-Harpers-perm
Tall Paul wrote:So is the income received for being in the PL. What should we do with all that income if we're not going to spend it on players?


Do up the Bob Lord that will keep us up in this division.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:39 am
by BennyD
boatshed bill wrote:We're in a tricky situation really. If we are to improve on 7th we obviously need top 6 quality players, but they are out of our price range.
Or we could throw £20 -£30 million just to bulk up the squad???


What planet do you live on? There’s no way on this planet we will improve on 7th in the Prem. With our budget, the best we can hope for is 7th and we would be doing exceptionally well to repeat that next season. Perhaps all the hot weather, beer and World Cup mania has gone to your head, so best you give it a wobble and come back down.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:53 am
by tiger76
Realistically if we could finish around the top ten,and have a fair run in the Europa League,that would be a reasonable season,it's true we finished 7th but this was mainly due to a fantastic pre-Christmas,prior to our lengthy injury list,the last 20 games we averaged about a point a game,so yes we definitely need better cover if possible,we should be able to upgrade on Scotty and Dean,great servants that they were.

And really we need at least one CB even if Ben stays,ideally a fast tricky winger would be on my shopping list but that's being greedy,all of the above assumes no other first-teamers depart for pastures new.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:42 pm
by whiffa
Just reported £18.5 million for Daley Blind from UTD to Ajax - yet WBA want £20 million for Dawson?

Does that add up for anyone else?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44831362

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:59 pm
by BleedingClaret
whiffa wrote:Just reported £18.5 million for Daley Blind from UTD to Ajax - yet WBA want £20 million for Dawson?

Does that add up for anyone else?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44831362

yes in that I'd rather have Dawson than Blind.
Dawson looked good in a defence behind a poor team, Blind looked weak in a defence behind a strong team, imo.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:10 pm
by piston broke
Transfer window is like F1. Do nothing and you are going backwards.
No panic though. Our first X1 is certainly good enough and back up in the nets, CM and striker are PL level. CH and pace wide are where I’d be starting.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:19 pm
by Blackrod
We have signed someone.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:24 pm
by NRC
BleedingClaret wrote:yes in that I'd rather have Dawson than Blind.
Dawson looked good in a defence behind a poor team, Blind looked weak in a defence behind a strong team, imo.


that's because Blind is a midfielder that Manyoo converted to a defender. it's akin to Tarks being touted by one individual for midfield, or indeed judging Jeff for his performances as a number 10

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:01 pm
by claretspice
whiffa wrote:Just reported £18.5 million for Daley Blind from UTD to Ajax - yet WBA want £20 million for Dawson?

Does that add up for anyone else?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44831362


Yes. One is a player who is surplus to requirements at his club, the other is a player whose club have no need to sell and don't especially want to sell.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:41 pm
by PutTheWheelieBinsOut
claretspice wrote:Yes. One is a player who is surplus to requirements at his club, the other is a player whose club have no need to sell and don't especially want to sell.


So time to move on to another target then?

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:32 pm
by boatshed bill
BennyD wrote:What planet do you live on? There’s no way on this planet we will improve on 7th in the Prem. With our budget, the best we can hope for is 7th and we would be doing exceptionally well to repeat that next season. Perhaps all the hot weather, beer and World Cup mania has gone to your head, so best you give it a wobble and come back down.


Are you speaking for yourself?
Rude, and (IMHO) rather dismissive of our players. If we don't aspire to reach the very highest level what is the point of it all?
Certainly improvement on 7th would be totally beyond most of our wildest dreams, and the improvements in squad to do that are indeed outside our budget, which was exactly the point I was making regarding what we spend.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:47 pm
by piston broke
boatshed bill wrote:Are you speaking for yourself?
Rude, and (IMHO) rather dismissive of our players. If we don't aspire to reach the very highest level what is the point of it all?
Certainly improvement on 7th would be totally beyond most of our wildest dreams, and the improvements in squad to do that are indeed outside our budget, which was exactly the point I was making regarding what we spend.

That totally contradicts itself.
Rude and dismissive of our players followed by beyond our widest dreams and outside of our budget.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:52 pm
by boatshed bill
piston broke wrote:That totally contradicts itself.
Rude and dismissive of our players followed by beyond our widest dreams and outside of our budget.


Given that 7th was beyond most of our wildest dreams I 'm assuming that an improvement on that would also be.
Thanks for pointing out my errors though. :D
I hope you are not one of the increasing number on here who only log on to argue with posters or put them down. It's becoming all too prevalent, IMO.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:21 pm
by piston broke
boatshed bill wrote:Given that 7th was beyond most of our wildest dreams I 'm assuming that an improvement on that would also be.
Thanks for pointing out my errors though. :D
I hope you are not one of the increasing number on here who only log on to argue with posters or put them down. It's becoming all too prevalent, IMO.

Not at all just pointing out that you have called BennyD for saying we can’t improve on 7th and then agreed with him. It just seemed a weird post.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:31 pm
by boatshed bill
piston broke wrote:Not at all just pointing out that you have called BennyD for saying we can’t improve on 7th and then agreed with him. It just seemed a weird post.


No, I called him for what I considered rude to me personally, refence: too much beer etc.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:35 pm
by Pearcey
So what do we think Nixon’s news will be? Bartley in at West Brom and Dawson free to leave maybe?

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:45 pm
by KRBFC
Pearcey wrote:So what do we think Nixon’s news will be? Bartley in at West Brom and Dawson free to leave maybe?

Probably repeating his comments about us being keen on Mawson or James Collins signed on a free.

Re: Are We Actually Going to Sign Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:30 pm
by lrac
None of us knows .I know that .if Dawson is worth 20m football is cooked