ARTICLE: No imminent move for Clucas

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Re: ARTICLE: No imminent move for Clucas

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:50 pm

boyyanno wrote:The figure that proves you wrong in my view is this: 2017/18 Appearance figure for Scott Arfield: 18 League Games.
How many of those appearances were after we signed Lennon?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:52 pm

TVC15 wrote:WTF are you talking about now ?
Walters was injured - GKN was not good enough but we had injuries and the Lennon transfer was not assured. We could have been down to 2 wide players or even just JBG as Arfield was also injured.
But you said we already replaced GKN? he got minutes, we were down to 2 wide players. A wide player has to be a priority for me, we're 2 down in that area from last year in Arfield and GKN plus Walters hasn't played for a full season and Brady is coming off a long term injury. I think JBG is injured as we speak?

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:00 pm

KRBFC wrote:But you said we already replaced GKN? he got minutes, we were down to 2 wide players. A wide player has to be a priority for me, we're 2 down in that area from last year in Arfield and GKN plus Walters hasn't played for a full season and Brady is coming off a long term injury. I think JBG is injured as we speak?
Didn't realise Gudmundsson was injured. What's happened there then?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:04 pm

I said he did not need replacing
We have Lennon, Brady, JBG and Walters or Wells who can play there if needed.
He only brought GKN in because 2 of those were injured and Lennon had either not signed or only just joined.

JBG injured ? Did Dyche not just say he was looking super sharp ? I doubt we are looking at wide players at moment.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:25 pm

taio wrote:Didn't realise Gudmundsson was injured. What's happened there then?
So he's not injured, answer the question next time instead of being a smart arse.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:36 pm

Tall Paul wrote:How many of those appearances were after we signed Lennon?
Probably a small amount in comparison but both him and Nkoudou got minutes and that's the point. It's irrelevant to say how many due to injury of other players etc, and it's naive to expect anything else but a long haul slog from the full squad, that's been the general gist of it for the last five years. If you can't see how losing players that are getting game time and not replacing them with anyone is detrimental then there's no point debating it.

As I've made clear I think we'll make the signings, I'd suggest the link with Clucas shows Dyche does want to replace Arfield, a player who can feature out wide or in the middle, where have I seen that before...

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3155 times
Has Liked: 6742 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:41 pm

KRBFC wrote:We made a profit in the last 2 windows combined (I believe) if not it was a minimal swing either way, we're acting like we haven't got a pot to **** in. '.
We're not really, though. Nothing wrong with a bit of prudence. I don't think we are particularly well off, and never will be with a relatively small fan base and ground.
And there's no point in spending your money when nothing that's up for sale interests you (at the price it's on offer)

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:42 pm

KRBFC wrote:So he's not injured, answer the question next time instead of being a smart arse.
Wasn't being a smart arse you c0ck. Thought he must have suffered recent injury without me knowing. So was asking what's happened.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:12 pm

It was that c0ck who wrote "I think JBG is injured as we speak ?"

The way I read that was as a rhetorical question in the context of he thinks we are still short of wide players.