Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 421 times

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

Postby RocketLawnChair » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:01 pm

KRBFC wrote:It was Aberdeen's first game of the season, they were missing a bunch of their best players from last year and they simply allowed us to ''dominate the game'' on the possession stat, we had alot of possession in the midfield area while Aberdeen dropped off but what did we create? Other than the Cork header I'm struggling to name another shot on goal we had against a League One calibre side.


Give it a rest KRBFC. You're sounding like a reyt wuss on this thread. We didn't play reyt well in this particular match we were successful when we went direct rather than trying to play through Westwood and we could definitely do with strengthening here and there and that's about it.

# 2
Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:33 pm
Been Liked: 188 times
Has Liked: 68 times
Location: Skipton

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

Postby Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Lindegaard 8
Lowton 6
Tarky 6
Mee 6
Ward 7
JBG 7
Cork 6
Westy 6
Hendrick 7
Lennon 7
Wood 5

Vokes 9

# 3
TVC15
Posts: 5672
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 2259 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

Postby TVC15 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:50 pm

KRBFC wrote:It was Aberdeen's first game of the season, they were missing a bunch of their best players from last year and they simply allowed us to ''dominate the game'' on the possession stat, we had alot of possession in the midfield area while Aberdeen dropped off but what did we create? Other than the Cork header I'm struggling to name another shot on goal we had against a League One calibre side.


Not pretending that we played well - we clearly didn't but we had 11 shots and 4 on target...which was more than them.
We got round the back of them at least 3 or 4 times and flashed across shots which we nearly got on the end of.
We scored a good goal and they scored a goal that should have never been as no way in a million years was that a penalty.

They were very spirited and we were a bit lethargic - especially in first half. But overall we looked the more dangerous team.
None of the above should be a surprise given the gulf in class - but we all know that football does not work like this as nearly every week we are punching way above our own weight.

Aberdeen drawing against us and causing us more problems than they probably should have is much less of a shock than us drawing against Man City, or Spurs or beating Chelsea away....especially in the context of where we are in pre-season.

# 4
KRBFC
Posts: 9626
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:18 am
Been Liked: 1703 times
Has Liked: 683 times

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

Postby KRBFC » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:02 pm

TVC15 wrote:Not pretending that we played well - we clearly didn't but we had 11 shots and 4 on target...which was more than them.
We got round the back of them at least 3 or 4 times and flashed across shots which we nearly got on the end of.
We scored a good goal and they scored a goal that should have never been as no way in a million years was that a penalty.

They were very spirited and we were a bit lethargic - especially in first half. But overall we looked the more dangerous team.
None of the above should be a surprise given the gulf in class - but we all know that football does not work like this as nearly every week we are punching way above our own weight.

Aberdeen drawing against us and causing us more problems than they probably should have is much less of a shock than us drawing against Man City, or Spurs or beating Chelsea away....especially in the context of where we are in pre-season.

I'm just happy we got out of that ahead in the tie to be honest, feared the worst with the way we were playing in that first half. We were so wide open i've never seen us like that before, on two occasions that blonde winger Mackay-steven broke on the counter and had teammates square running through on goal totally unmarked. Thankfully on one occasion he passed to late and the other time the fella slipped over and ended up handballing it while through on goal. I thought the subs bench highlighted how desperate we are for players in, hopefully we get 3 over the line.

# 5
Wilsdenclaret
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:56 am
Been Liked: 105 times
Has Liked: 257 times

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

Postby Wilsdenclaret » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:44 pm

Lindegaard 7
Lowton 6
Ward 5
Tarkowski 3
Mee 6
Cork 6
Westwood 5
Lennon 6
JBG 6
Hendrick 4
Wood 3
Vokes 7

# 6
Marty Dobson
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:02 pm
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 132 times

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

Postby Marty Dobson » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Lindegaard 8
Ward 7
Mee 7
Tarks 6
Lowton 6
Westwood 6
Cork 7
Hendrick 6
JBG 6
Lennon 8
Wood 7
Vokes 8

# 7
Raz
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:17 pm
Been Liked: 5 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

Postby Raz » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 pm

KRBFC wrote:Yeah because soon as Vokes came on we started wellying it towards him and he kept winning headers.


Stupid as...formation change and just ignore Wood provided the assist via a header to Vokes...tosser

# 8
the_magic_rat
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:06 pm
Been Liked: 19 times
Has Liked: 37 times
Location: Upper Brierfield

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

Postby the_magic_rat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:59 pm

Pope (Lindegaard 7)

Lowton 5
Tarkowski 5
Mee 5
Ward 6

Lennon 7
Cork 6
Westwood 5
Gudmundsson 7

Wood 5
Hendrick 5

Vokes 8 MOM

# 9
KRBFC
Posts: 9626
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:18 am
Been Liked: 1703 times
Has Liked: 683 times

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

Postby KRBFC » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Raz wrote:Stupid as...formation change and just ignore Wood provided the assist via a header to Vokes...tosser

Which came from a long direct ball, Vokes won everything in the air to be honest, we did the right thing wellying it towards him, not a bad thing because the initial gameplan wasn't working.

# 10
MACCA
Posts: 10667
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 2679 times

Re: Aberdeen v Burnley - Player Ratings

Postby MACCA » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:17 am

Lindegaard 7A great ( looking ) save at 1-0, could have turned the tie massively if that goes in.
Ward 7
Mee 6
Tarks 5
Lowton 6
Westwood 6
Cork 7
Hendrick 6 a touch sloppy at times, dropped too deep, and didn't become the extra body in the box we needed. Not the number 10 we need. Rightly sacrificed
JBG 7 looked sharp, wanted the ball, and looked to be positive
Lennon 7 MOM. very positive, they really were terrified of him, a couple of nearly balls, more to do with lack of numbers in the box
Wood 5 Not at the races, looked slow and weak, however an assist.
Vokes 7 won everything when he came on, and great finish.

An ok result in the end, which should be enough to see us progress.
Can't read too much in to the performance at this stage as apart from a few, we looked rusty and off the pace.
It had a pre season feel to it, so if we improve further and get some bodies back for the next game, we should be going Istanbul.


Return to “The Bee Hole End”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Banana, claretgoss, ClaretTony, FactualFrank, Helmshore Claret, longside72, MSN [Bot], PhiladelphiaChris and 77 guests