Aberdeen tickets, what a disgrace

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Re: Aberdeen tickets, what a disgrace

Post by dpinsussex » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Claret eze wrote:Also 're banning orders.i stand next to a season ticket holder on one.
Sit down then it's an all seater stadium :)

And shop him in if you.know he is banned
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro tim_noone

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:58 pm

Jesus, there’s some bitter old people in this world.

I’ve never bothered collecting loyalty points so didn’t have enough, I’ve no doubt I would if I did though.

Get over it, as for shopping fans in? Why would you want to do that? Pathetic thing to say

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 678 times

Post by Whitgord » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Re my earlier post. I am delighted to see young fans being accommodated and included. They are the future of the club. But ... as mentioned in an earlier thread I had bought a ticket for the game and then found out I couldn’t make it. I may be naive, but I didn’t want to risk giving my ticket to someone else and them being checked on entry to Pittodrie. You have all stated that some
people were checked. Was anybody barred entry? Did the original purchaser face any issues. It certainly put me off risking giving my ticket to someone else. Oh and don’t just reply “yes you are naive”!

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:50 pm

tim_noone wrote:lets all drink coffee....get a life!
:lol:

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:08 pm

Whitgord wrote:Is anybody out there willing to explain how exactly children were able to attend. I know the points system doesn’t encourage kids to attend but they will get their chance. Someone somewhere is ignoring the system. The most obvious thing I would have told the stewards to do is check any children entering the ground to see whose ticket they were using because it wouldn’t be their own.
Get a grip.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:11 pm

If it was up to me before we even think about loyaoty points, I would make sure there was a set amount (25 percent perhaps) GUARANTEED For kids.

Not only are they the future, theyre also the most passionate and positive in the present!
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Not sure if it's true but I was told a UEFA official was on the gates early doors to check the procedures were behind carried out, after 5 mins he disappeared, probably to the comfort of private box and freebies.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:28 pm

jdrobbo wrote:I think the point is being missed. There were scores of kids there with adults...were talking children in the 7-10 range; the majority of whom clearly can’t have had season tickets for very long, although I accept that some of these will. Should children have been able to attend, yes probably they should, BUT for the sake of the outlined argument, it’s a cast iron fact that tickets were allowed into the wrong hands too easily by the club.

Another thing that’s perhaps more important...on entry into the ground complex, you had to pass three barriers, one to show your tickets; a second for searches to be made and finally, the turnstile. I walked through with CT and MDWat and only I was searched. I have no issue whatsoever with that. What I did have an issue with though was the blatant allowing of people through without searching, because they were literally too drunk to stand up. The coffee drinking jdrobbo was an easy search and the sozzled fans are much more difficult. Frustrating!

Finally, I entered with my ticket, my BFC receipt and my photo ID. They had no interest in looking at anything other than getting the barcode on the ticket to scan through, to permit access to the concourse. And all of this was 45 minutes before kick off!
You didnt seriously think they were going to actually check everyone for three different things? It was never going to happen. And a good job too. It would have taken hours and caused more problems than it solved.

Ultimately anyone who wanted to go enough did. And thats the best way. I know loads of people who I have seen home and away for 30 years who didnt have enough loyalty points and didnt bother. And I know kids who went who did have enough points.

My dads been going on for close to 60 years and didnt have enough points and didnt bother. My two nephews both did.

I also know plenty with enough points who didnt get a ticket. Again because they didnt want one enough.

In the end there were tonnes of proper fans there. The atmosphere was great. And the day itself was great.

The square was made up with plenty who travelled to just experience the day itself and that added to it too.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:29 pm

KeighleyClaret wrote:There were tickets available to purchase in Aberdeen on the day in the away end - I overheard a Burnley supporter on the train arranging to meet someone in the Hilton Hotel to purchase 3 at face value.

The rumour (and I stress it is only that) is that they were either returns or unused Player allocation tickets, and were sold directly by a club official. Pergaps they can confirm or deny this if the rumour is wrong?

I am not especially happy that people travelling without tickets were able to get them like this, but I suppose at that late stage they had to be sold to someone who could actually attend the game. Its a shame these extra tickets only became available so late, if this is what happened.

I don't have a problem with a points system though it might need tweaking a bit - Aberdeen supporters for example had their points based only on the last 2 seasons and needed to have attended most away games as well to get tickets for Turf Moor.
What was meant to happen, ring up 10,000 season ticket holders who hadnt travelled up and ask them to nip to Aberdeen? Or worse still - dont get rid of them at all?

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:30 pm

tim_noone wrote:lets all drink coffee....get a life!
:lol: :lol: :lol: FFS

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Claret eze wrote:Plenty got tickets having a season ticket in the Jimmy mac,but the free ticket has never ever been used.still get the points every year.fee paid 0.
So?

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:33 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Suppose the fairest way would have been to make it 100% collection in Aberdeen on the day the same way the FA do it with England. Tickets only given out to the matching Clarets number and I.D. But no doubt people would have complained about that the club really are damned if they do damned if they don't at times.
thats what people are hoping for with this thread. And then they probably wont bother going themselves anyway!

Lets see if everyone has these same gripes when Istanbul goes on sale...

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:34 pm

jrgbfc wrote:The banning orders just cover England and Wales, so nothing stopping someone travelling up to Scotland.
Depends on the type of banning order.

pureclaret
Been Liked: 433 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by pureclaret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:48 pm

I have a banning order that has been imposed on me for August 4th for 7 days so I wont be able to go.

Oh Its the only one that ive had in 53 years of supporting Burnley. Its My wife who has imposed it
These 2 users liked this post: dpinsussex tim_noone

Claret eze
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Claret eze » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:15 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:So?
So therefore stopping kids goin on. :roll:

Claret eze

Post by Claret eze » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:19 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Depends on the type of banning order.
Banned for life.simple.

CarlesTheClaretPuyol
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by CarlesTheClaretPuyol » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:21 pm

LongSider75 wrote:I hardly ever miss a game home or away, and I know loads of people who got Aberdeen tickets through the back door. many with no loyalty points because they are on football banning orders. How did all the kids get tickets ? there is no way that they could have enough loyalty points. I even know one poser who got a ticket coz he used to play reserve football for Halifax Town, Hang your head in shame Burnley Football Club. Daft thing is I am still booking flights to Istanbul, and we haven't even played the second leg yet. BITTER
Don’t cry

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Claret eze wrote:So therefore stopping kids goin on. :roll:
:lol:

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 429 times
Has Liked: 365 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Whitgord wrote:Re my earlier post. I am delighted to see young fans being accommodated and included. They are the future of the club. But ... as mentioned in an earlier thread I had bought a ticket for the game and then found out I couldn’t make it. I may be naive, but I didn’t want to risk giving my ticket to someone else and them being checked on entry to Pittodrie. You have all stated that some
people were checked. Was anybody barred entry? Did the original purchaser face any issues. It certainly put me off risking giving my ticket to someone else. Oh and don’t just reply “yes you are naive”!
Yes people were turned away.

They were still checking tickets 5 minutes before kick off
This user liked this post: Whitgord

dpinsussex

Post by dpinsussex » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:Jesus, there’s some bitter old people

Get over it, as for shopping fans in? Why would you want to do that? Pathetic thing to say
Because they have been banned for an offence and are a disgrace to our great club.
Serve their punishment. If it's life then it's life. No place for them at turf or any of the away grounds we visit.

TiredJohn
Been Liked: 2 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by TiredJohn » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Too many kids there it's as simple as that

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:39 pm

dpinsussex wrote:Because they have been banned for an offence and are a disgrace to our great club.
Serve their punishment. If it's life then it's life. No place for them at turf or any of the away grounds we visit.
Life isnt even life for murder.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:48 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Life isnt even life for murder.
Think it's a grey area subject to possible change, people interpret the word differently, as a general rule usually means a long time exceeding a decade or maybe two I think, I could be corrected to what to it actually means guess too many variables.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:50 pm

Agree. But what constituted a life ban 15 years ago may differ now. And also said person in many cases will be a completely different character.

dpinsussex

Post by dpinsussex » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:50 pm

Still means shouldn't be there until punishment is served

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:50 pm

dpinsussex wrote:Still means shouldn't be there until punishment is served
See above.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:34 pm

Seen a different side to our support these last few days, now wanting to shop kids without enough points and any lad thats been in trouble..... Are we not all Burnley fans?!?!?
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Braindead

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:Seen a different side to our support these last few days, now wanting to shop kids without enough points and any lad thats been in trouble..... Are we not all Burnley fans?!?!?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:Seen a different side to our support these last few days, now wanting to shop kids without enough points and any lad thats been in trouble..... Are we not all Burnley fans?!?!?
They've always been ar$eholes tbh....all gossip mongers and whinging fcukas. The friendly northerner is a myth....they'd grass their granny if she didn't have a TV licence :lol:
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:51 pm

tim_noone wrote:They've always been ar$eholes tbh....all gossip mongers and whinging fcukas. The friendly northerner is a myth....they'd grass their granny if she didn't have a TV licence :lol:
Said he, whingeing and gossiping...

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:53 pm

thatdberight wrote:Said he, whingeing and gossiping...
Yes you......and the rest.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2195 times
Has Liked: 2179 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:16 pm

Tim Loon strikes again, folks!

KeighleyClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:11 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:What was meant to happen, ring up 10,000 season ticket holders who hadnt travelled up and ask them to nip to Aberdeen? Or worse still - dont get rid of them at all?
I think I actually said that in my post ...

Actually I'd prefer that they counted the number of available additional tickets on Tuesday and made them available to 5000 points to anyone who could collect them in Aberdeen.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:26 pm

KeighleyClaret wrote:I think I actually said that in my post ...

Actually I'd prefer that they counted the number of available additional tickets on Tuesday and made them available to 5000 points to anyone who could collect them in Aberdeen.
And what about drop outs and no shows on the day?

Millertime v1.7
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:51 pm

Has Longsider been seen since his outburst? No.
Alcohol does strange things to people. We saw it regularly with rumpus and tup. They were so unpredictable alcoholics. I said I'd be Longsiders rock but I retract what I said. He's shown himself to be a coward by not interacting in a thread HE created. VERY disappointing to a see a man who can't stand by the courage of his convictions.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets tim_noone

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:13 am

I’m 19 and had a ticket on day two with ease. As did a number of my friends. If you really do “barely miss a game” then surely you’d have firstly had the required points, and secondly the nouse to have then bought a ticket within the first few days they were on sale...

Claret eze

Post by Claret eze » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:39 am

tim_noone wrote:Yes you......and the rest.
I would meet you in the Royal dyche anytime.but like most empty vessels they are strangely quiet when people were about.