Aberdeen tickets, what a disgrace

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LongSider75
Been Liked: 46 times

Aberdeen tickets, what a disgrace

Post by LongSider75 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:28 pm

I hardly ever miss a game home or away, and I know loads of people who got Aberdeen tickets through the back door. many with no loyalty points because they are on football banning orders. How did all the kids get tickets ? there is no way that they could have enough loyalty points. I even know one poser who got a ticket coz he used to play reserve football for Halifax Town, Hang your head in shame Burnley Football Club. Daft thing is I am still booking flights to Istanbul, and we haven't even played the second leg yet. BITTER

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 686 times
Has Liked: 3966 times

Re: Aberdeen tickets, what a disgrace

Post by mybloodisclaret » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:31 pm

Wow

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:31 pm

Life's a bitch mate...get over it and move on.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:31 pm

The sad thing is that it really doesn't surprise me.

1968claret
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by 1968claret » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:33 pm

That’s life!

Leisure
Been Liked: 3772 times
Has Liked: 12363 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Don't believe that anyone on banning orders would have got tickets. And maybe the kid were related to players etc.
Last edited by Leisure on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1091 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:35 pm

How many points do you have?

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:39 pm

LongSider75 wrote:I hardly ever miss a game home or away, and I know loads of people who got Aberdeen tickets through the back door. many with no loyalty points because they are on football banning orders. How did all the kids get tickets ? there is no way that they could have enough loyalty points. I even know one poser who got a ticket coz he used to play reserve football for Halifax Town, Hang your head in shame Burnley Football Club. Daft thing is I am still booking flights to Istanbul, and we haven't even played the second leg yet. BITTER
Get a grip......if you'd have travelled up there was extra on sale. Begrudging kids deary me!
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Leisure wrote:Don't believe that anyone on banning orders would have got tickets.
Well since people were going on with other people's purchased tickets because of very limited ID checks (saw it) and people were getting tickets which had been reserved in other people's names (comps) - some of whom have only very tenuous connections to the club now (I saw it) - I've no idea how you could know that. I don't know any did but I'd say it was impossible to say it couldn't have, very easily.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3772 times
Has Liked: 12363 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:43 pm

thatdberight wrote:Well since people were going on with other people's purchased tickets because of very limited ID checks (saw it) and people were getting tickets which had been reserved in other people's names (comps) - some of whom have only very tenuous connections to the club now (I saw it) - I've no idea how you could know that. I don't know any did but I'd say it was impossible to say it couldn't have, very easily.
Well if I had a banning order I certainly wouldn't risk it knowing that Police spotters from Burnley would be in attendance (as they are for all away games).

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:45 pm

He's winding you all up

Can you not remember his thread about a week ago about the same thing?

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:46 pm

Leisure wrote:Well if I had a banning order I certainly wouldn't risk it knowing that Police spotters from Burnley would be in attendance (as they are for all away games).
The sort of person who gets a banning order, I'd guess, has different risk / reward internal calculations than those who don't. Like I say, I have no idea, if any did.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:48 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:He's winding you all up

We'll never know the extent to which this sort of thing is true (which I think is the intention) but you'd have to be in denial to believe it didn't happen at all.

claret10
Been Liked: 145 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by claret10 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:01 pm

Part of the OP is correct...... The club are in a no win situation.....I was there as a young boy following us to obscure places (often losing) in the 90s.....I have been to over 75 grounds to watch Burnley and I'm not yet in my 30s.

For one reason or another I didn't have the required loyalty points....it felt like a kick in stomach but I accepted it.

I personally know of 6 people who got tickets who didn't meet the requirements but because they knew staff members/supporters club reps/used other peoples clarets number.

I could have used my brother in laws number at the 6000 mark but didn't - I missed out because I followed the rules
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:33 am

You missed out cos you chose that option.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:37 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:He's winding you all up

Possibly, although there seemed to be a fair number of kids there and, realistically, it was pretty much impossible they had enough loyalty points.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:43 am

What's this obsession with kids watching Burnley?

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:48 am

tim_noone wrote:What's this obsession with kids watching Burnley?
Nobody's obsessed and FWIW I've said that those of us who have more access to tickets currently (if eveybody played by the rules - which clearly they don't) should make more room for kids. However, in the context of what's being discussed - their attendance shows the ticket allocation system isn't what we're led to believe it is. That's all.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:58 am

I'm not interested in the points system. There's been moaning on here for years about the ticket office rightly or wrongly.so the "system" doesn't work.

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 678 times

Post by Whitgord » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:26 am

Is anybody out there willing to explain how exactly children were able to attend. I know the points system doesn’t encourage kids to attend but they will get their chance. Someone somewhere is ignoring the system. The most obvious thing I would have told the stewards to do is check any children entering the ground to see whose ticket they were using because it wouldn’t be their own.

Millertime v1.7
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:10 am

LongSider75 wrote:I hardly ever miss a game home or away, and I know loads of people who got Aberdeen tickets through the back door. many with no loyalty points because they are on football banning orders. How did all the kids get tickets ? there is no way that they could have enough loyalty points. I even know one poser who got a ticket coz he used to play reserve football for Halifax Town, Hang your head in shame Burnley Football Club. Daft thing is I am still booking flights to Istanbul, and we haven't even played the second leg yet. BITTER
Mate listen, it's too late to whine about it now. Move on bud. Want to carry on griping? Fair play, I'll be your rock. Want to move on? Even better. I'll be right here for you whatever you decide pal.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone cricketfieldclarets

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:25 am

Whitgord wrote:Is anybody out there willing to explain how exactly children were able to attend. I know the points system doesn’t encourage kids to attend but they will get their chance. Someone somewhere is ignoring the system. The most obvious thing I would have told the stewards to do is check any children entering the ground to see whose ticket they were using because it wouldn’t be their own.
That’s a great idea. Target the kids. Stopping kids entering the stadium is exactly what should happen. Who wants kids in attendance anyway? We should make sure they don’t attend any games until such a point they are in their 20’s
Or 30’s......best not bring their kids then though. Make them wait.
These 3 users liked this post: tim_noone Imploding Turtle cricketfieldclarets

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:41 am

Personally I would much rather those kids who went to Aberdeen get a ticket than those who seem to spend their spare time bitching and moaning about anything connected to the club.

So far this summer we have had just about everything from size of sponsors logo, colour of kits. which day of the week we play on and the price of tickets, those moaning are also the ones who probably won't be there on Thursday either. We heard all last season how loads more would go on every game if you could buy seats together, suddenly there is the first european home game in their lifetime and they can pick any seat in the ground and they all vanish.

Personally I am delighted some young ones got tickets, as not only are they viewed as our future support you could argue they make more effort now as well.
These 6 users liked this post: Paulclaret Lancasterclaret Bfcboyo tim_noone dpinsussex cricketfieldclarets

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:57 am

I asked a chap with young kids how he’d got them there and he said they’d both had season tickets since they were one. I guess this is technically possible, though I’m not sure how many points 7 or 8 consecutive season tickets gets you -not as many as 5000 does it?

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:59 am

Whitgord wrote:Is anybody out there willing to explain how exactly children were able to attend. I know the points system doesn’t encourage kids to attend but they will get their chance. Someone somewhere is ignoring the system. The most obvious thing I would have told the stewards to do is check any children entering the ground to see whose ticket they were using because it wouldn’t be their own.
Just for the record......my nephew attended the game, he is a kid still at school. He had his 1st season ticket in 2008/09 and has had one every season since then.
He goes to around 50% of all our away games.
He has 6,700 loyalty points and was able to get an Aberdeen ticket in the 3rd day of the sale when 6000 points were required.

Since he got his first season ticket the club, on a couple of occasions, have given extra/double loyalty points to encourage fans to renew when we have been in the Championship. He has obviously benefited from this which enabled him to get a ticket for Aberdeen.

So to the people who post on here with ridiculous statements about kids who attended on Thursday night, please make sure that you are aware of all the facts instead of making yourselves look foolish with your daft allegations.

Kids are important to the future of our club, dont try to alienate them.
These 3 users liked this post: Rick_Muller 1968claret cricketfieldclarets

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:10 am

I think the point is being missed. There were scores of kids there with adults...were talking children in the 7-10 range; the majority of whom clearly can’t have had season tickets for very long, although I accept that some of these will. Should children have been able to attend, yes probably they should, BUT for the sake of the outlined argument, it’s a cast iron fact that tickets were allowed into the wrong hands too easily by the club.

Another thing that’s perhaps more important...on entry into the ground complex, you had to pass three barriers, one to show your tickets; a second for searches to be made and finally, the turnstile. I walked through with CT and MDWat and only I was searched. I have no issue whatsoever with that. What I did have an issue with though was the blatant allowing of people through without searching, because they were literally too drunk to stand up. The coffee drinking jdrobbo was an easy search and the sozzled fans are much more difficult. Frustrating!

Finally, I entered with my ticket, my BFC receipt and my photo ID. They had no interest in looking at anything other than getting the barcode on the ticket to scan through, to permit access to the concourse. And all of this was 45 minutes before kick off!
This user liked this post: claret10

KeighleyClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:15 am

There were tickets available to purchase in Aberdeen on the day in the away end - I overheard a Burnley supporter on the train arranging to meet someone in the Hilton Hotel to purchase 3 at face value.

The rumour (and I stress it is only that) is that they were either returns or unused Player allocation tickets, and were sold directly by a club official. Pergaps they can confirm or deny this if the rumour is wrong?

I am not especially happy that people travelling without tickets were able to get them like this, but I suppose at that late stage they had to be sold to someone who could actually attend the game. Its a shame these extra tickets only became available so late, if this is what happened.

I don't have a problem with a points system though it might need tweaking a bit - Aberdeen supporters for example had their points based only on the last 2 seasons and needed to have attended most away games as well to get tickets for Turf Moor.

Sean Dyche's Watch
Been Liked: 233 times

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:16 am

Targetman wrote: He had his 1st season ticket in 2008/09 and has had one every season since then.

Since he got his first season ticket the club, on a couple of occasions, have given extra/double loyalty points to encourage fans to renew when we have been in the Championship. He has obviously benefited from this which enabled him to get a ticket for Aberdeen.
Absolute rubbish.

The bonus loyalty points offer was for the 07/08 season, so a season before your nephew got his first season ticket.

And there hasn't been any offers of bonus points since that offer.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:16 am

jdrobbo wrote:I think the point is being missed. There were scores of kids there with adults...were talking children in the 7-10 range; the majority of whom clearly can’t have had season tickets for very long, although I accept that some of these will. Should children have been able to attend, yes probably they should, BUT for the sake of the outlined argument, it’s a cast iron fact that tickets were allowed into the wrong hands too easily by the club.

Another thing that’s perhaps more important...on entry into the ground complex, you had to pass three barriers, one to show your tickets; a second for searches to be made and finally, the turnstile. I walked through with CT and MDWat and only I was searched. I have no issue whatsoever with that. What I did have an issue with though was the blatant allowing of people through without searching, because they were literally too drunk to stand up. The coffee drinking jdrobbo was an easy search and the sozzled fans are much more difficult. Frustrating!

Finally, I entered with my ticket, my BFC receipt and my photo ID. They had no interest in looking at anything other than getting the barcode on the ticket to scan through, to permit access to the concourse. And all of this was 45 minutes before kick off!
BFC had to publish all the nonsense UEFA say they have to, but anyone who reads this forum was told by numerous people there will be no checks like made out. Burnley might do it for our first home game but then will relax it.

KeighleyClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:17 am

jdrobbo wrote: I entered with my ticket, my BFC receipt and my photo ID. They had no interest in looking at anything other than getting the barcode on the ticket to scan through, to permit access to the concourse. And all of this was 45 minutes before kick off!
I simply walked past all of them and inserted my ticket into the machine at the turnstile. I wasn't spoken to by anyone, let alone searched.

I was however searched before getting onto the train on Friday to ensure I wasn't carrying alcohol at 9am.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32241 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:27 am

Sean Dyche's Watch wrote:Absolute rubbish.

The bonus loyalty points offer was for the 07/08 season, so a season before your nephew got his first season ticket.

And there hasn't been any offers of bonus points since that offer.
Oh yes they have, two of them, so before you start rubbishing other posters I suggest you get your facts right.
This user liked this post: 1968claret

Sean Dyche's Watch
Been Liked: 233 times

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:32 am

ClaretTony wrote:Oh yes they have, two of them, so before you start rubbishing other posters I suggest you get your facts right.
Ah, ok. Could you please let me know when these two other offers have been available? Thanks.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:32 am

jdrobbo wrote:I think the point is being missed. There were scores of kids there with adults...were talking children in the 7-10 range; the majority of whom clearly can’t have had season tickets for very long, although I accept that some of these will. Should children have been able to attend, yes probably they should, BUT for the sake of the outlined argument, it’s a cast iron fact that tickets were allowed into the wrong hands too easily by the club.

lets all drink coffee....get a life!

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:38 am

Sean Dyche's Watch wrote:
Ah, ok. Could you please let me know when these two other offers have been available? Thanks.
Shouldn't you have asked that question before your last outburst at me? This is exactly what I was pointing out about some of the posters on here and you have just proved my point!

Also besides extra loyalty points for season tickets the club have also given extra points for certain away games, Everton last season being an example when 50 points were issued if you bought a ticket for that game.

1968claret
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by 1968claret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:42 am

Targetman wrote:

Kids are important to the future of our club, dont try to alienate them.

Exactly this. The experience of this game will live long in their memories and ensure they are clarets for life. They are the future for our club.
I know that there will be a lot of disappointment, myself included, having just too little points. But whatever system we employ, there will always be winners and losers and there will always be back door ways to get tickets. That’s just life.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:43 am

Sean Dyche's Watch wrote:Ah, ok. Could you please let me know when these two other offers have been available? Thanks.
Clutching at straws pal

Oh and by the way I had a great time in Aberdeen just like the thousands that made the effort to go.

Claret eze
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Claret eze » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:51 am

Clearly alot of I'm alrite jack ****you

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:52 am

Am I committing a crime of sorts by attending away games? I'm a season ticket holder "wow" and I'm not interested in all this points rubbish when travelling Bournemouth Southampton London always plenty of tickets and I don't hear any whinging regards those games...apart from Arsenal last season. Always a big clamour to go twenty five mile down the road to manure or ten miles to ewood though. :D

Claret Kitch
Been Liked: 42 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Claret Kitch » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:58 am

My kid was one of those fans at the Aberdeen game. And yes he got a correct ticket. This is because he has had a season ticket since 2008. We all know the players and staff (not all) get tickets. Good luck to those who got to the game. It is how life works. Get over it.
These 2 users liked this post: dpinsussex tim_noone

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:00 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:That’s a great idea. Target the kids. Stopping kids entering the stadium is exactly what should happen. Who wants kids in attendance anyway? We should make sure they don’t attend any games until such a point they are in their 20’s
Or 30’s......best not bring their kids then though. Make them wait.
Absolutely! **** the kids!

Claret eze

Post by Claret eze » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:03 am

Plenty got tickets having a season ticket in the Jimmy mac,but the free ticket has never ever been used.still get the points every year.fee paid 0.

Claret eze

Post by Claret eze » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:04 am

Also 're banning orders.i stand next to a season ticket holder on one.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:06 am

I'm a neutral in this. I couldn't go because I'm in Croatia, also I'm just the wrong side of the loyalty points.
The op is right.
I don't want to stop kids going, nobody does, but it makes a complete joke of the ticketing system. It's wrong that fans, who have followed the club for years, miss out on our biggest game in 50 years. The club should have announced how many of the allocation they were keeping for 'corporate ' purposes. They should have also made it impossible to transfer the tickets once purchased.
They could even have made x amount of tickets available for kids, accompanied by someone with the required loyalty points. So long as it's transparent and above board.
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 ebby

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:22 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:I'm a neutral in this. I couldn't go because I'm in Croatia, also I'm just the wrong side of the loyalty points.
The op is right.
I don't want to stop kids going, nobody does, but it makes a complete joke of the ticketing system. It's wrong that fans, who have followed the club for years, miss out on our biggest game in 50 years. The club should have announced how many of the allocation they were keeping for 'corporate ' purposes. They should have also made it impossible to transfer the tickets once purchased.
They could even have made x amount of tickets available for kids, accompanied by someone with the required loyalty points. So long as it's transparent and above board.
It's not wrong though is it that fans supporting for years miss out. I was there first time 67/68. Bowt time the young uns were catered for. Load of selfish self centred pr!cks on here! Glad my two grandsons under 11 along with my two sons went...I'd have gone me self but couldn't be ar$ed.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:50 am

Suppose the fairest way would have been to make it 100% collection in Aberdeen on the day the same way the FA do it with England. Tickets only given out to the matching Clarets number and I.D. But no doubt people would have complained about that the club really are damned if they do damned if they don't at times.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:50 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:I'm a neutral in this. I couldn't go because I'm in Croatia, also I'm just the wrong side of the loyalty points.
The op is right.
The club are literally not interested. There are a few fans who have enough clout to make a fuss - they'll get looked after. The rest of the fans are just screeches into the void on a message board... and then they'll renew their STs anyway. The club are not going to put in the effort that would be involved and take the flak for admitting where the tickets go and that they really aren't interested in whether they get transferred around afterwards.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:53 am

Leisure wrote:Don't believe that anyone on banning orders would have got tickets. And maybe the kid were related to players etc.
You dont kno much then. I can count at least 3 who attended as it was another country

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:56 am

Claret eze wrote:Also 're banning orders.i stand next to a season ticket holder on one.
I know of a few too. Its not clever but some on here have no idea

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:59 am

The banning orders just cover England and Wales, so nothing stopping someone travelling up to Scotland.

ClaretJimmy
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by ClaretJimmy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Could do with a few younger faces on the game anyway the atmosphere was shocking. Too many of the 8k points club busy checking Facebook and the like to watch us chasing an equaliser.

By the way, if you're that bothered, chance your arm and get up there. Plenty of tickets being sold around on the day.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone cricketfieldclarets