Dwight Gayle

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Dwight Gayle

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:25 pm

Looks like Rondom going to Newcastle for £16m-good business. Being said Gayle could be going the other way. This guy is a genuine poacher-totally different to what we have and a better option to have on the fringe of the team than Wells & Walters. Reckon we could pick him up for circa £10m. He has goals in him

Surely he would jump at this chance of a further attempt at the PL. Pick up Liam Moore too for a combined £20m and suddenly we have had a good window without breaking the bank. Brighton are after him but he will struggle to dislodge Gunk and Duffy

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: Dwight Gayle

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:29 pm

Not going to happen, enjoy Crouch and Clucas....

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Dwight Gayle is crap anyway. Need to aiming for better players than him.

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by IndigoLake » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:45 pm

I'd be very happy with Dwight Gayle - have mentioned him a few times in the past based on his goals per minute/games. Would offer something different up front, that is for sure.

IndigoLake

Post by IndigoLake » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:46 pm

Right_winger wrote:Dwight Gayle is crap anyway. Need to aiming for better players than him.
What makes him crap, out of interest? He doesn't score goals? Or is he lacking in pace or technique in some way?

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:54 pm

IndigoLake wrote:What makes him crap, out of interest? He doesn't score goals? Or is he lacking in pace or technique in some way?
Absolutely correct his goal scoring record for a player in his position is poor. Had 1 good season with Newcastle in the championship that’s it... but I’d hazard a guess that he would have had a high percentage more chances than most other strikers.

He has pace yes but that’s about it. Everything else from what Iv seen is underwhelming. What has he got that Wells hasn’t? Certainly not as good a goal scoring record that’s for sure.

Must look for better. Leigh Griffith’s would be a much better shout and he’d be cheaper aswell.

IndigoLake

Post by IndigoLake » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Right_winger wrote:Absolutely correct his goal scoring record for a player in his position is poor. Had 1 good season with Newcastle in the championship that’s it... but I’d hazard a guess that he would have had a high percentage more chances than most other strikers.

He has pace yes but that’s about it. Everything else from what Iv seen is underwhelming. What has he got that Wells hasn’t? Certainly not as good a goal scoring record that’s for sure.

Must look for better. Leigh Griffith’s would be a much better shout and he’d be cheaper aswell.
I believe he is one of the better forwards in terms of goals per minutes played both when he was at Palace and at Newcastle. He has spent a lot of time as an impact sub - whether that's simply a lack of opportunity or simply him not taking the opportunities is anyone's guess. My main concern about Gayle would be whether he's the right character for the team since we know how important that is to Dyche and our overall philosophy. However, I believe he'd be a good signing and I rate him more than I do Wells (not that my opinion is going to be swaying Dyche!).
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Slurpy
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Slurpy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:01 pm

We are getting to a point where I would take Paul Tisdale on a season-long if it meant we're getting some bodies in.

By now we should've filled the 4th place centre back spot with a player under 24 ready to be the next one to step up when Mee/Tarky inevitably leave (Mawson)

Replaced Arfield with a player who can play centrally and wide (Clucas)

Signed a Marney replacement probably under 23 with promise and then loaned him to the Championship

Sold Walters and Wells and brought in A Striker who isn't considered a target man, pace being essential (We bid about £15m for Florin Andone last summer, a year later he goes to Brighton for £6m, you can't tell me we were willing to pay that and so much changed in a year we wouldn't even pay less than half.

We won't be signing a number 10 because Dyche doesn't sign players who can't defend.

Also if it was my choice I would be shipping out Bardsley and bringing in a Taylor equivalent on the right side like Moses Odubajo.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:03 pm

He is better than both Wells and Walters but that isnt sayong much and is no reason we should be after him
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:03 pm

Slurpy wrote:We are getting to a point where I would take Paul Tisdale on a season-long if it meant we're getting some bodies in.

By now we should've filled the 4th place centre back spot with a player under 24 ready to be the next one to step up when Mee/Tarky inevitably leave (Mawson)

Replaced Arfield with a player who can play centrally and wide (Clucas)

Signed a Marney replacement probably under 23 with promise and then loaned him to the Championship

Sold Walters and Wells and brought in A Striker who isn't considered a target man, pace being essential (We bid about £15m for Florin Andone last summer, a year later he goes to Brighton for £6m, you can't tell me we were willing to pay that and so much changed in a year we wouldn't even pay less than half.

We won't be signing a number 10 because Dyche doesn't sign players who can't defend.

Also if it was my choice I would be shipping out Bardsley and bringing in a Taylor equivalent on the right side like Moses Odubajo.
Odubajo was training with brentford . I think he got released by hull

Slurpy

Post by Slurpy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Reecey1987 wrote:Odubajo was training with brentford . I think he got released by hull
Yeah I saw that somewhere, where he was before he moved to Hull for £5m. Had a bad Knee Injury when Hull were Promoted, so never got his chance. Surely can't have regressed that much.
Last edited by Slurpy on Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:14 pm

People on here show their ignorance when they say he is crap. He helped get Newcastle up with a blistering season. Ask Brendan Rodgers if he is crap-he was one of several reasons why Liverpool lost the title a few years ago. They were coasting against Palace and virtually title winners and he got two great goals. He has virtually a one in two ratio

The reason I suggested him being I just saw SD on Sky Sports-his body language and demeanor was that of a broken man-"theres life in a couple of situations" was his response to a question about the transfer activity.. He said that two weeks ago after the Macclesfield game. If I had his mobile I would have texted him the number of the Samaritans

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:41 pm

I reckon most would have him in a heartbeat lacks physicality but a predator in the box on knockdowns ect, would actually compliment some of our strikers as different style.

IndigoLake

Post by IndigoLake » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:I reckon most would have him in a heartbeat lacks physicality but a predator in the box on knockdowns ect, would actually compliment some of our strikers as different style.
I'd be very interested to see him starting up front with Barnes.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:46 pm

Id rather we were in for rondon.

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:46 pm

warksclaret wrote:People on here show their ignorance when they say he is crap. He helped get Newcastle up with a blistering season. Ask Brendan Rodgers if he is crap-he was one of several reasons why Liverpool lost the title a few years ago. They were coasting against Palace and virtually title winners and he got two great goals. He has virtually a one in two ratio

The reason I suggested him being I just saw SD on Sky Sports-his body language and demeanor was that of a broken man-"theres life in a couple of situations" was his response to a question about the transfer activity.. He said that two weeks ago after the Macclesfield game. If I had his mobile I would have texted him the number of the Samaritans
You don’t have to, the Samaritans have their number on one of the advertising hoardings :D

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2561 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:48 pm

warksclaret wrote:People on here show their ignorance when they say he is crap. He helped get Newcastle up with a blistering season. Ask Brendan Rodgers if he is crap-he was one of several reasons why Liverpool lost the title a few years ago. They were coasting against Palace and virtually title winners and he got two great goals. He has virtually a one in two ratio
Liverpool had to win that game about 8-0 if they were going to win the title.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Liverpool had to win that game about 8-0 if they were going to win the title.
City were always favourites anyway I think didn't they have a game in hand anyway, I could be wrong it was awhile back.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2561 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:City were always favourites anyway I think didn't they have a game in hand anyway, I could be wrong it was awhile back.
It was the defeat against Chelsea (and Gerrard's slip) that cost them their chances of winning it.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:58 pm

No better than what we've got and his stats prove that.

If anything he's probably slightly worse than what we've got.
Will be on silly wages at a guess and they'll want a silly fee.

I'd say he's a bit like Nugent, better down there then he is up here in the PL.

Longsidelenny
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Longsidelenny » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Nakia wells will come good for Burnley this year will get more game time and the goals will arrive

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3139 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Longsidelenny wrote:Nakia wells will come good for Burnley this year will get more game time and the goals will arrive
I have to admire your optimism on that one.

To be fair, I don't see him getting much game time unless we are desperate, and if we are desperate we won't be doing much attacking!

Slurpy

Post by Slurpy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Longsidelenny wrote:Nakia wells will come good for Burnley this year will get more game time and the goals will arrive
Wasnt it you who said a hat full of goals were just around the corner for Lukas Jutkiewicz?

claretdj
Been Liked: 283 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by claretdj » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Right_winger wrote:Dwight Gayle is crap anyway. Need to aiming for better players than him.
He wasn't crap when he smashed a hatrick in @ turf! Shall we just stick with crouch instead then who is crap..

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2620 times
Has Liked: 6419 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Slurpy wrote:Wasnt it you who said a hat full of goals were just around the corner for Lukas Jutkiewicz?
Technically not wrong, only it was for Brum not us...

Spike
Been Liked: 595 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:17 pm

This is what’s gonna happen
Rondon to the Toon
Gayle to WBA
Jay Rod to Burnley
Wells to WBA

Sorted!

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:19 pm

Wish it was that simple

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 816 times
Has Liked: 527 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:54 pm

warksclaret wrote:Looks like Rondom going to Newcastle for £16m-good business. Being said Gayle could be going the other way. This guy is a genuine poacher-totally different to what we have and a better option to have on the fringe of the team than Wells & Walters. Reckon we could pick him up for circa £10m. He has goals in him

Surely he would jump at this chance of a further attempt at the PL. Pick up Liam Moore too for a combined £20m and suddenly we have had a good window without breaking the bank. Brighton are after him but he will struggle to dislodge Gunk and Duffy
2 good, value for money shouts tbh. Good OP.