To Our Aberdeen Friends

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1402 times

To Our Aberdeen Friends

Post by Aclaret » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:36 pm

After Thursday night when we go our seperate ways, will you be still be hanging around on the forum or will you slip away to where you came from.
You have certainly been great entertainment and made some of us laugh and some of us cry.
I loved my time up in Aberdeen last Thursday and Friday and will look on at your results a little closer from now on. Good luck for the season.
PS is Rumps, Millertimes alter ego, they never seem to be on at the same time.
These 3 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 Damo Dazzler

rumpus
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: To Our Aberdeen Friends

Post by rumpus » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:48 pm

I will be frequenting the Istanbul FC (or whatever their name is) forum after Thursday.

Hopefully they'll bring equally gormless fans who speak and look as they've been transported from the 1970's when they visit.
These 2 users liked this post: fatboy47 tim_noone

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:58 pm

I was born in 1977. Does that mean I’m from the 70’s?

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1402 times

Post by Aclaret » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:00 pm

Is that you Millertime ?
And what was wrong with the 1970s.
Please, please don't join our board next week as Garip the Turk.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 pm

Wasn't the Bob Lord built by a Scottish company

Bop
Been Liked: 243 times
Has Liked: 343 times

Post by Bop » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:41 pm

Met some great fans up there. When we were searching for a boozer ( when the square was being cleared & we sloped off) one guy stopped in his car asked us if we were looking for a boozer and promptly took us to the nearest one. Wouldn’t accept money and didn’t want a beer. Just said “look after ours when we’re down at yours”. Imagine that under t’Culvert.
These 4 users liked this post: Damo CoolClaret Dazzler mybloodisclaret

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:18 am

Bop wrote:Met some great fans up there. When we were searching for a boozer ( when the square was being cleared & we sloped off) one guy stopped in his car asked us if we were looking for a boozer and promptly took us to the nearest one. Wouldn’t accept money and didn’t want a beer. Just said “look after ours when we’re down at yours”. Imagine that under t’Culvert.
I think that will be the case on this occassion under culvert.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:28 am

Bop wrote:Met some great fans up there. When we were searching for a boozer ( when the square was being cleared & we sloped off) one guy stopped in his car asked us if we were looking for a boozer and promptly took us to the nearest one. Wouldn’t accept money and didn’t want a beer. Just said “look after ours when we’re down at yours”. Imagine that under t’Culvert.
One of the lads from the group we had a beer with contacted me on sunday as he knew id forgotten to get my nephews a program. He said he would go and pick them one each up. He rung me today to let me know that while he was there he spotted some match scarves that they might like and got them one each of those too.

All the ones we met were great.

During the game there was no love lost at all. And the atmosphere was bitter even at times. But afterwards again it was top drawer.
These 3 users liked this post: Damo mybloodisclaret quoonbeatz

Bfc34
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Bfc34 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:56 am

Three of us had a fantastic time up in Aberdeen. Good fun in the square where everybody was in good spirits. Even the police....

After the game we met two Aberdeen lads who took us around town showing us all the pubs. They wouldn't stop buying the beers neither. Finally left them about 4am and staggered back to the hotel.

Just a pity they can't make it on Thursday. Would have been nice to return the favour.
These 5 users liked this post: tim_noone Damo Dazzler quoonbeatz Bop

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:51 am

how football should be, so much better without the dickheads
These 5 users liked this post: Dazzler Buxtonclaret mybloodisclaret quoonbeatz turfytopper

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:30 am

Hope you enjoy the long trip down from Aberdeen.....and probably your afternoon in Burnley. We had a great time in the granite city last week, Aberdeen fans just how it should be.......so hope it’s a fantastic day for all, enjoy Burnley,and the European Cup Tue atfamous old Turf Moor!

Ps hope yer long trip home after the match is a quiet one! We got back at 6am after last weeks trip!

boatman
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by boatman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Really just here to talk Burnley V Dons. I don't have an English team as some Scots do so I'll go with Burnley for the banter.

I'm too scared to open the Tommy Robinson thread though.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 pm

boatman wrote:Really just here to talk Burnley V Dons. I don't have an English team as some Scots do so I'll go with Burnley for the banter.

I'm too scared to open the Tommy Robinson thread though.
Don't do it mate. That is a poisonous thread that brings out the worst in people. The racists and the politically correct face off and everyone gets caught in the cross-fire. Best avoided, I do now.