Turf Moor (Expected Noise)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
SheepyAFC
Been Liked: 26 times

Turf Moor (Expected Noise)

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:20 pm

What kind of noise are we going to expect tomorrow as an away fan.

If going by some of your posts from last week about the noise at Pittodrie being loud, then expect it to be a lot noiser tomorrow from our fans as we always travel loud and in numbers. Seemingly around 5,000 travelling with only 2,400 tickets. A lot of these fans with no away ticket will be turning up in the home end through various means.

Can we expect a loud home following to bounce off as I would hope this would be the case or can we expect sweet rusting with the odd song being sound.

Hopefully our noise will make you lot sing loud and proud and cause Turf Moor to be jumping and cause a great atmosphere for every fan young and old.

Whatever the result tomorrow I hope all dons a pleasant day in Burnley and lets nae make a **** of it as some can and be respectful to our hosts and that our hosts can recipricate the friendliness we showed last week.

All the best in your season ahead.

PS **** Sky & BT
This user liked this post: The Enclosure

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Re: Turf Moor (Expected Noise)

Post by MACCA » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:27 pm

Hope you enjoy your trip, apart from.the result.
If you want a ticket, you will get one.
There's plenty of spare tickets all over the ground.

We aren't known for our home atmosphere, it's usually pretty quiet other than in the Cricketfield Stand, which we will be sharing with you.

Hope your fans behave as well as ours did and show some respect to your surroundings.

Safe journeys to you all!

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:35 pm

It'll be like being in a morgue.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3864 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Just don't wake the Bob Lord stand up with your noise.

Premier league fans aren't really known for making noise at home anymore. Middle class spectator sport these days.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Not at all. Away fans make noise, home fans say nowt. It's the English way ;-)

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:57 pm

I am sure you boys / girls will get into it just to try and shut us up a bit.

I notice that we are not allowed to take any flags / banners into the ground? is this normal for away fans at Turf Moor.

Very disappointed in that as usually plenty flags on show by us.

MarkGreen
Been Liked: 479 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Post by MarkGreen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:03 pm

SheepyAFC wrote:I am sure you boys / girls will get into it just to try and shut us up a bit.

I notice that we are not allowed to take any flags / banners into the ground? is this normal for away fans at Turf Moor.

Very disappointed in that as usually plenty flags on show by us.
Sheepy, we were also told we couldn't take flags to the Pittodrie

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:07 pm

MG I am suprised at that as away fans usually have flags and I noticed plenty Burnley flags on the railings at the side on the Pittodire game.

I am sure UEFA / governing bodies / club managments don't want anyone to enjoy football now just pay your money, sit down, clap politely if there is a goal and leave quietly after the game.

The games a goner I tell you. :(
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1155 times
Has Liked: 1068 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:16 pm

"A lot of these fans with no away ticket will be turning up in the home end through various means"..........bullshite not unless you have a English address or clarets number and even if the odd few get tickets unless you go in family parts of the ground and/or keep your mouths shut you will find yourself on the end of physical or verbal abuse and thrown out what's left of you

redski
Been Liked: 2 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by redski » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:18 pm

can you see the moors from the ground

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:19 pm

redski wrote:can you see the moors from the ground

Depends how much you drink
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:22 pm

You can see anything once you have had a bottle of buckfast

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:24 pm

AC I sense some animosity and anger from you and although you may say it is bullshite about away fans in the home end,I will can guarantee there will be plenty away fans throughout the home end. I am sure there would have been Burnley fans in the home end of our game also.

I am sure some will sit there and say nothing but some may have had a few of the local moonshine and may not be so quiet and deserve to get kicked out.

As for physical or verbal abuse that would solve nothing and don't forget I am sure there will be families around the ground who dont want to see or get caught up in any violence, so if you feel strongly about it just grass on them to the local police or security but no-one likes a grass.

I was one of the lucky ones that have away tickets so this wont bother me.

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:26 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:You can see anything once you have had a bottle of buckfast
AC just a heads up Aberdeen is on the east coast of Scotland and drink craft beers etc

Buckfast drinkers are on the west coast of Scotland and is usually drunk by the bigot brothers of Glasgow.

That is like saying Turf Moor is in Blackburn (not factually true is it)

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2534 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:28 pm

Not expecting a 'pleasant day in Burnley' at all so I'm pleased I don't live there or have to spend any more time there than is absolutely necessary on Thursday. I've seen Scots on show drinking all day in Burnley' before and also in Manchester not too long ago. Call me fussy, but it's something I'd rather avoid....... a bit like the plague or dysentry.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:29 pm

MACCA wrote:Hope you enjoy your trip, apart from.the result.
If you want a ticket, you will get one.
There's plenty of spare tickets all over the ground.

We aren't known for our home atmosphere, it's usually pretty quiet other than in the Cricketfield Stand, which we will be sharing with you.

Hope your fans behave as well as ours did and show some respect to your surroundings.

Safe journeys to you all!
Didn't you attend the Middlesbrough evening game? Was like a crack of thunder when we scored!! And there's been plenty of noise over the years.

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:36 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:Not expecting a 'pleasant day in Burnley' at all so I'm pleased I don't live there or have to spend any more time there than is absolutely necessary on Thursday. I've seen Scots on show drinking all day in Burnley' before and also in Manchester not too long ago. Call me fussy, but it's something I'd rather avoid....... a bit like the plague or dysentry.
Believe me we are nothing like Rangers or Celtic and can drink and enjoy ourselves without being disrespectful to your city or fans. In fact I am happy to drink with Burnley women and men before and after the game as we are all there for the same thing and that is to enjoy ourselves and watch our team win. What does it matter if you come from Scotland / China / America we are all the same. I do get local rivalry so it is ok to hate Preston / Blackburn and Bolton and allownaces should be made for them.

The bigot brothers have a chip on their shoulder and don't get out often so when they get out they usually make a **** of themselves.

Don't exepct anything apart from some good hearty banter at worse from our boys.
Last edited by SheepyAFC on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:37 pm

tim_noone wrote:Didn't you attend the Middlesbrough evening game? Was like a crack of thunder when we scored!! And there's been plenty of noise over the years.
Yes, and that was a meaningful game.
I didn't think the rest of the ground generated an atmosphere that night, just the CFS, which is usually the case.

Hopefully those 30ish who try and sing in JHL to no avail have moved acrosd this season, as they're p1ssing in the wind ( as well as getting drenched ) trying to create an atmosphere in there.

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:37 pm

SheepyAFC wrote:AC just a heads up Aberdeen is on the east coast of Scotland and drink craft beers etc

Buckfast drinkers are on the west coast of Scotland and is usually drunk by the bigot brothers of Glasgow.

That is like saying Turf Moor is in Blackburn (not factually true is it)

I don't give a **** what you skirt wearing numptys drink and I will stand by what I said about the bullshite they will not be loads in the home ends......not a chance heard it all before from a lot bigger clubs like man utd man city Blackburn and so on. The odd few in there once they open their mouths won't last 5 minuets. I'm not condoning violence but if you go into the home ends you deserve what you get looking for it or not.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:39 pm

SheepyAFC wrote:AC I sense some animosity and anger from you and although you may say it is bullshite about away fans in the home end,I will can guarantee there will be plenty away fans throughout the home end. I am sure there would have been Burnley fans in the home end of our game also.

I am sure some will sit there and say nothing but some may have had a few of the local moonshine and may not be so quiet and deserve to get kicked out.

As for physical or verbal abuse that would solve nothing and don't forget I am sure there will be families around the ground who dont want to see or get caught up in any violence, so if you feel strongly about it just grass on them to the local police or security but no-one likes a grass.

Hope fully your afforded the same hospitality as was given to the Burnley fans up in Aberdeen hope the ticketless get tickets....contrary to popular belief it wasn't all Celtic back in 78 causing the trouble. Where there's an action there's a reaction.result apart have a great night!

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:44 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:I don't give a **** what you skirt wearing numptys drink and I will stand by what I said about the bullshite they will not be loads in the home ends......not a chance heard it all before from a lot bigger clubs like man utd man city Blackburn and so on. The odd few in there once they open their mouths won't last 5 minuets. I'm not condoning violence but if you go into the home ends you deserve what you get looking for it or not.
Can I ask if you need some medication as if you let me know what you are on I am sure I can take some down for you, as you have obviously run out.

Lets meet up for a pint or 2 and I will give you a bosie.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone bfcmatt

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:45 pm

MACCA wrote:Yes, and that was a meaningful game.
I didn't think the rest of the ground generated an atmosphere that night, just the CFS, which is usually the case.

Hopefully those 30ish who try and sing in JHL to no avail have moved acrosd this season, as they're p1ssing in the wind ( as well as getting drenched ) trying to create an atmosphere in there.
The roar at turf moors lost on you then.... Non stop singing crap songs doesn't relate to atmosphere..

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:45 pm

tim_noone wrote:Hope fully your afforded the same hospitality as was given to the Burnley fans up in Aberdeen hope the ticketless get tickets....contrary to popular belief it wasn't all Celtic back in 78 causing the trouble. Where there's an action there's a reaction.result apart have a great night!
Thanks Tim you sound like a gent. I am sure AC is also but is just having an off day.

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:47 pm

SheepyAFC wrote:Can I ask if you need some medication as if you let me know what you are on I am sure I can take some down for you, as you have obviously run out.

Lets meet up for a pint or 2 and I will give you a bosie.

I would love to meet up for a pint or 2 and a hug but pity for you I'm currently 4000 miles away

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:52 pm

SheepyAFC wrote:Thanks Tim you sound like a gent. I am sure AC is also but is just having an off day.

I am a gent. I just don't like jocks

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:53 pm

tim_noone wrote:The roar at turf moors lost on you then.... Non stop singing crap songs doesn't relate to atmosphere..
I agree, but read the OP and he's referring to fans bouncing off each other creating an atmosphere.

I'm sure he wasn't meaning cheering goals wise.

Just because a game ends 0-0, doesn't mean they can't be a good atmoshere in the ground.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:54 pm

SheepyAFC wrote:Believe me we are nothing like Rangers or Celtic and can drink and enjoy ourselves without being disrespectful to your city or fans. In fact I am happy to drink with Burnley women and men before and after the game as we are all there for the same thing and that is to enjoy ourselves and watch our team win. What does it matter if you come from Scotland / China / America we are all the same. I do get local rivalry so it is ok to hate Preston / Blackburn and Bolton and allownaces should be made for them.

The bigot brothers have a chip on their shoulder and don't get out often so when they get out they usually make a **** of themselves.

Don't exepct anything apart from some good hearty banter at worse from our boys.
Please don't take anything Agent Claret says as gospel. Plenty of aways fans infiltrate our home ends these days and not seen any bother for years at the Turf.
Don't get me wrong, like any northern town if you go looking for bother you will find it. But Burnley has improved massively for an away fan and plenty drink in the town centre these days.
It's too big a risk for people to get involved with bother at football. Life ban and miss our premier league years or even worse prison time as well.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:57 pm

SheepyAFC wrote:Thanks Tim you sound like a gent. I am sure AC is also but is just having an off day.
Well my sons and grandsons were warmly welcomed and treated with respect in Scotland.and are meeting up again tonight at the craven heifer Kelbrook with Aberdeen fans.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Please don't take anything Agent Claret says as gospel. Plenty of aways fans infiltrate our home ends these days and not seen any bother for years at the Turf.
Don't get me wrong, like any northern town if you go looking for bother you will find it. But Burnley has improved massively for an away fan and plenty drink in the town centre these days.
It's too big a risk for people to get involved with bother at football. Life ban and miss our premier league years or even worse prison time as well.

But if you're hell bent on causing trouble, as long as you don't live in the Burnley area you will be fine. The police will pretend to try and find you, but it's highly unlikely. They'll be more interested in finding any Burnley fans seen gesturing or retaliating.

Lancs Constabulary couldn't organise a p1ss up in a brewery.
They couldn't handle 200 Germans last summer.

Just a point on the policing up in Aberdeen, it was top notch. The police knew we were there for a good time, and helped contribute to that with a relaxed approach and a smile on their face, joining in with the banter.

Don't expect that level of common sense down here.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Hopefully the Burnley coppers that were up there were educated how to police football and have told their colleagues.

Everybody in Aberdeen was welcoming including to those who were in the wrong ends and a good mix in a lot of bars.

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:04 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:I am a gent. I just don't like jocks
I sense you may have a so called uncle that is a "JOCK" if you know what I mean.

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:05 pm

MACCA wrote:I agree, but read the OP and he's referring to fans bouncing off each other creating an atmosphere.

I'm sure he wasn't meaning cheering goals wise.

Just because a game ends 0-0, doesn't mean they can't be a good atmoshere in the ground.
Correct Macca

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:08 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Please don't take anything Agent Claret says as gospel. Plenty of aways fans infiltrate our home ends these days and not seen any bother for years at the Turf.
QTT There are always a few idots from boths sides of supporters, but hopefully these are very few and dealt with swiftly so the majority of fans and families can enjoy our european adventure and your first european home game for 50 years.

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:08 pm

SheepyAFC wrote:
My expectation levels are and have been constantly set at zero at best when it comes to the notion of all day drinking and 'good hearty banter'. Somehow, the two don't usually correlate. There's sometimes an exception to the rule,of course, but I just don't see it being the case this time around.

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:08 pm

tim_noone wrote:Well my sons and grandsons were warmly welcomed and treated with respect in Scotland.and are meeting up again tonight at the craven heifer Kelbrook with Aberdeen fans.
Great stuff and they way it should be.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:09 pm

I really can’t see why Agent_Claret feels the need to be so hostile and unpleasant.

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:11 pm

MACCA wrote:But if you're hell bent on causing trouble, as long as you don't live in the Burnley area you will be fine. The police will pretend to try and find you, but it's highly unlikely. They'll be more interested in finding any Burnley fans seen gesturing or retaliating.

Lancs Constabulary couldn't organise a p1ss up in a brewery.
They couldn't handle 200 Germans last summer.

Just a point on the policing up in Aberdeen, it was top notch. The police knew we were there for a good time, and helped contribute to that with a relaxed approach and a smile on their face, joining in with the banter.

Don't expect that level of common sense down here.
The local constabulary up in Aberdeen is usually not so jovial but it does depend who we play. If it is the bigot brothers it is any nonsense from either side of fans and you get whisked away.

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Just so you know if any of you Burnley fans want a few drinks pre match I plan on being at the cricket ground around 2pm until the game, so let me know & I will certainly meet up with you for a few before the game.

I will be getting the train after the game back to Manchester where I am staying so no after drinks in Burnley for me.

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:My expectation levels are and have been constantly set at zero at best when it comes to the notion of all day drinking and 'good hearty banter'. Somehow, the two don't usually correlate. There's sometimes an exception to the rule,of course, but I just don't see it being the case this time around.
I hope we can prove you wrong in a good way when your fans report after the game saying that Aberdeen lot are a good friendly bunch of guys home and away.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:22 pm

aberdeen lot are top and nothing like the rangers and celtic biffs in my experience.

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:26 pm

You sound like a good sort Sheepy.Hope you and your fellow Reds have a great time and get the same hospitality afforded to our fans up in Aberdeen.
There will always be a few numpties (Neds) wanting to cause trouble but am sure they will be sorted out.
Lets hope for a cracking match and let the best team on the night win.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I really can’t see why Agent_Claret feels the need to be so hostile and unpleasant.
His partner wears the trousers at a guess.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:30 pm

Rangers fans have been excellent for the two friendlies we have played up there.
I only speak from what I see. They didn't behave well in Manchester from what we saw on the news, but there will always be trouble if over 100k drinking fans are in the same area.
I was to young for Celtic.

SheepyAFC

Post by SheepyAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:33 pm

The Enclosure wrote:You sound like a good sort Sheepy.Hope you and your fellow Reds have a great time and get the same hospitality afforded to our fans up in Aberdeen.
There will always be a few numpties (Neds) wanting to cause trouble but am sure they will be sorted out.
Lets hope for a cracking match and let the best team on the night win.
Agree win or lose it is only a game and I don't expect to win but do expect us to perform to our full ability and if we do that and lose then so be it.

Have to say usually our best perfromances in Europe are away Gronigen 2-1 away,Rijeka 3-0 away and Rijeka hadn't lost at home for something like 16 months, we lost against Maribor due to a 90th minute passback through our keepers legs.

I still have hope we can get something out of the game but bookies don't get it wrong too much and 13/2 says all you need to know.

All the best anyway.

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:02 pm

I still think upwards of 5k scots ascending to Turf Moor and surrounding areas, has the recipe for carnage no matter the result

We win, it's partytime and the atmosphere will be amazing in the ground and on the streets/pubs after
We lose, it's scots celebrating in and around the area.

I'm guessing most Scots wil be down for dinnertime at the earliest too..

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:23 pm

cutsy123 wrote:I still think upwards of 5k scots ascending to Turf Moor and surrounding areas, has the recipe for carnage no matter the result.
Perhaps I'm not a lone voice singing in the wilderness after all.Certainly the ingredients are aplenty; just needs a splash or two of something then who knows what might be served up.

cutsy123

Post by cutsy123 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:Perhaps I'm not a lone voice singing in the wilderness after all.Certainly the ingredients are aplenty; just needs a splash or two of something then who knows what might be served up.
A lot of people (Burnley Fans) will be out and about, not even on the game as it's televised. Therefore i expect pubs close to the ground to be heaving, whilst other Scot's dont have tickets too.

Where will they watch it for example? There arent many, if any, away friendly pubs in burnley

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:30 pm

cutsy123 wrote:A lot of people (Burnley Fans) will be out and about, not even on the game as it's televised. Therefore i expect pubs close to the ground to be heaving, whilst other Scot's dont have tickets too.

Where will they watch it for example? There arent many, if any, away friendly pubs in burnley
Thers only so many options to watch the game. 2000 Aberdeen fans plus any number of Burnley fans will be carnage.

There was nowt riding on the first game. The only way it would have kicked off is if we went and won 5-0. This ones so different.

cutsy123

Post by cutsy123 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Dyched wrote:Thers only so many options to watch the game. 2000 Aberdeen fans plus any number of Burnley fans will be carnage.

There was nowt riding on the first game. The only way it would have kicked off is if we went and won 5-0. This ones so different.
Exactly. Nobody wants to be going home being knocked out of europe

I sense trouble

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:44 pm

SheepyAFC wrote:AC I sense some animosity and anger from you and although you may say it is bullshite about away fans in the home end,I will can guarantee there will be plenty away fans throughout the home end. I am sure there would have been Burnley fans in the home end of our game also.

Not sure how your lads will get tickets for home sections, even Clarets can't get tickets at times they make it so damn difficult. Best of luck.
By the way you can see the Moors from the ground, but not if it's raining, or foggy, or if it's too hot and there's a heat haze, snow can be a problem too, but not normally in August, it's also hard if you get a really hefty person sat near you, or if you are particularly small, or partially sighted, or drunk, or asleep. Otherwise yes, it's a splendid view.
This user liked this post: longsidepies