we rely that Sean Dyche to bring in a couple of new players .

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
davemanu2000
Been Liked: 1145 times
Has Liked: 99 times

we rely that Sean Dyche to bring in a couple of new players .

Post by davemanu2000 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:40 pm

The Manager seems to be optimistic that some players may join Bunley before the closing date . We tend to believe him . We observe that many young and promising players are joining other clubs at Burnley's affordable price .
The question that has to be posed whether it is possible to have one or two new players in our squad .it appears to me that it is srtill possible but the deals are not discussed in broad daylight .but something is framing inside the tunnel . Sean Dyche knows how to have some nice players from lower divisions .
This user liked this post: turfytopper

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Re: we rely that Sean Dyche to bring in a couple of new players .

Post by Woodleyclaret » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Weve always tried to keep our business private away from the media circus thats the transfer window.
I am confident Jay will sign next week and others will follow
This user liked this post: Spike

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 307 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by northeastclaret » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:40 pm

I don't go with the logic that Jay and Dawson will become cheaper nearer the deadline and that west Brom will sell because they need the money.

The closer we get to the deadline the less time there is for them to get replacements and they have said they want to keep as many players as possible.

This is increasingly looking like a monumental c@ck up by the club.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:11 pm

We seem to have all our hopes on WBA blinking in the last few days of the window,because if there is a plan b we're keeping it very close to our chest.
Given previous dealings with them i wouldn't hold out too much hope i'm afraid.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Somehow, over a month after being quoted mad fees for Jay Rod and Dawson, we are still resting all our hopes seemingly on the price going down. Shambolic stuff.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Woodleyclaret wrote:Weve always tried to keep our business private away from the media circus thats the transfer window.
I am confident Jay will sign next week and others will follow
I am confident we will leave it to the last day, a deal for a striker somewhere else by another club will fail and a Jay will go elsewhere.

Maybe time for the chairman to email agents asking if they have anyone available?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 pm

If the Rondon deal falls through Newcastle might show an interest in Jay.

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 307 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by northeastclaret » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:37 pm

I remember reading before the end of the season the Chairman saying that Burnley had started planning early for the opening of the transfer window to gain an advantage, words that probably haunt and embarrass him now.
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

COBBLE
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 471 times

Post by COBBLE » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:15 am

tiger76 wrote:If the Rondon deal falls through Newcastle might show an interest in Jay.
This would not solve the problem which I understand is Dwight Gayle's wages in the exchange.

jlup1980
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 525 times

Post by jlup1980 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:22 am

Steddyman wrote:I am confident we will leave it to the last day, a deal for a striker somewhere else by another club will fail and a Jay will go elsewhere.

Maybe time for the chairman to email agents asking if they have anyone available?
I don't share your optimism about deadline day signings due to us being in Istanbul on deadline day IF we win tonight!!

I understand our stance on Dawson but not Jay Rod. Dawson might get cheaper between now and next week if he's downed tools waiting to leave. There's no point WBA keeping a player who doesn't want to be there and who won't play. However, it's just as likely he'll make an apology and be back in their first team squad by next week. Jay Rod hasn't made noises about wanting to move or forcing their hands to make it happen. His price will only go up. If these were our number one targets then we should have had them over the line weeks ago, almost regardless of cost.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:47 pm

A friend of mine who knows the tea lady at Forest Green Rovers who is married to a guy who owns a window cleaning company that cleans the windows at the Camp Nou has said that a bloke who works for Barcelona's local council who knows a guy who paints the white lines at the ground has said that Messi's agent has stated that Messi wants to come to Burnley.....but he has a problem with our taxation system.

davemanu2000
Been Liked: 1145 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by davemanu2000 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:45 pm

I am still optimistic that two new players will join our squad .Condition one is that we qualify tonight for the second round of the Europa Cup .

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:51 pm

davemanu2000 wrote:I am still optimistic that two new players will join our squad .Condition one is that we qualify tonight for the second round of the Europa Cup .
Possible Dave but it has been said that it's the money that is the clincher unfortunately more then ever these days for the players.

Zom Zom
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Post by Zom Zom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:12 pm

We are not among the big hitters when it comes to salaries, but any pro with a desire to play in the Premier League and improve his game need only look at what Dyche has done with his squad, and how they have progressed. Trips, Heaton, Pope and Cork for England, with possibilities for Tarkowski. Barnes caught the eye of the Austrian manager. Keane got a deserved move to Everton, Andre Gray looked like an £18m striker. Surely, looking at the progression of the players AND the club would appeal to the right breed of pro?

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Zom Zom wrote:We are not among the big hitters when it comes to salaries, but any pro with a desire to play in the Premier League and improve his game need only look at what Dyche has done with his squad, and how they have progressed. Trips, Heaton, Pope and Cork for England, with possibilities for Tarkowski. Barnes caught the eye of the Austrian manager. Keane got a deserved move to Everton, Andre Gray looked like an £18m striker. Surely, looking at the progression of the players AND the club would appeal to the right breed of pro?
In theory yes but as I say above most players just look at the money in the end.