Aberdeen fans after the game - what a credit

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
chekhov
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 1523 times

Re: Aberdeen fans after the game - what a credit

Post by chekhov » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:46 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Yes there were tonnes of empties all over the pitch. And I did see one glass collector trying to clean up. But I'm sure the clean up excercise will be a fraction of what they took on the day. Especially given it was busy from dinner time
Still, not quite as scrupulous as the Japanese supporters!
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:50 am

As for those getting their knickers in a twist about a 'love in'. Would you rather the memories of this time live on for years or Celtic in the 70s? The kids who came on with us loved it and will remember it forever. I am sure all the others did too.

Imagine our fans conducting themselves like that in defeat too.

The animosity during the game itself was intense. And showed that you can have that and you can have all day drinking and you can have people standing and you can have England v Scotland and you can have dramatic late wins without people going to jail and hospital after it all.
These 2 users liked this post: quoonbeatz Longsider

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:53 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:As for those getting their knickers in a twist about a 'love in'. Would you rather the memories of this time live on for years or Celtic in the 70s? The kids who came on with us loved it and will remember it forever. I am sure all the others did too.

Imagine our fans conducting themselves like that in defeat too.

The animosity during the game itself was intense. And showed that you can have that and you can have all day drinking and you can have people standing and you can have England v Scotland and you can have dramatic late wins without people going to jail and hospital after it all.
spot on.

no love lost at all during either match but either side of both games it was friendly, respectful and very good humoured.

absolutely how football should be.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:56 am

While it’s great to see.

It highlights what complete and utter shite football is at times. People just talked to each other :o People who liked the red team talked to people who liked the claret team.

chekhov

Post by chekhov » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:59 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:As for those getting their knickers in a twist about a 'love in'. Would you rather the memories of this time live on for years or Celtic in the 70s? The kids who came on with us loved it and will remember it forever. I am sure all the others did too.
Don't knock it. The memories of Celtic in the 70's will live on with me forever! I was only a young lad, but I remember Kindon's goal, clumps of green and white all around us on the beehole end, fans being driven onto the pitch, and then being forced to leave early to avoid injury. Certainly a memorable night!

Zero
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Zero » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:01 am

Not sure if that was aimed at me, but coin throwing isn't on. Kids around us weren't impressed.

All clubs have bad elements - just painting a more accurate picture.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:22 am

chekhov wrote:Sounds like a good night was had by all. However, this is a comment I found below the Guardian report of the match which paints a slightly different picture. Disappointing if true.

"Aberdeen stuck at it very well ..... however, their supporters left Burnley Cricket Club, which generously opened their doors to them, covered in litter and filth . The Clubhouse suffered some damage and the outfield was a disgrace ! If anyone thinks I'm making this up, have a look at the Aberdeen Fans Forum " Burnley Match day thread " and their comments about one of their own female supporters who'd had the affrontary to travel south with them ... P.29 onwards ! Neanderthals !!"
The Guardian report didn't mention that Burnley Cricket Club thanked them for being great guests then. I am sure BCC will be well versed in cleaning up after away fans these days, they certainly pull out all the stops too make away fans feel welcome and take their money.

turfytopper
Been Liked: 409 times
Has Liked: 3430 times

Post by turfytopper » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:23 am

I am now a "Burnley Don"

chekhov

Post by chekhov » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:40 am

RocketLawnChair wrote:The Guardian report didn't mention that Burnley Cricket Club thanked them for being great guests then. I am sure BCC will be well versed in cleaning up after away fans these days, they certainly pull out all the stops too make away fans feel welcome and take their money.
To be fair to the Guardian, what I quoted was in the "comment" section.

boatman
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by boatman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:57 am

houseboy wrote:Somebody mentioned on here recently about the difference between supporters who turn up at games and travel to away matches and many of those who frequent forums such as this. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that Aberdeen fans both up there and who came here were an absolute credit to their club and country but, having had a look at a couple of Aberdeen forums both before and after last night's game, those boards were full of bitter, vitriolic sh!t towards us. The complete opposite of what we witnessed at both games. I suppose that says a lot about many who populate these message boards and REAL fans.

Not pointing any fingers, just an observation.
A valid observation. I don't know who these people are. Russian bots? 90% of the Dons fans I know in real life are pretty reasonable people.

That said, I reckon in any British football stadium you're never more than 5 seats away in one direction from an absolute numpty.

It's heartening to hear that the fans of both our clubs have generally got on really well. I think there is an underdog spirit that unites us. Also both teams are from one-team towns and don't seem to have binding political, nationalist or religious affiliation. It's just about "We're from Burnley/Aberdeen, this is our home, this is our team. Up the Clarets/Dons"

Will definitely be supporting Burnley in the PL and Europa League this season. All the best and enjoy Istanbul!
These 3 users liked this post: ten bellies houseboy Colburn_Claret

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:32 pm

houseboy wrote:Somebody mentioned on here recently about the difference between supporters who turn up at games and travel to away matches and many of those who frequent forums such as this. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that Aberdeen fans both up there and who came here were an absolute credit to their club and country but, having had a look at a couple of Aberdeen forums both before and after last night's game, those boards were full of bitter, vitriolic sh!t towards us. The complete opposite of what we witnessed at both games. I suppose that says a lot about many who populate these message boards and REAL fans.

Not pointing any fingers, just an observation.
Yep spot on just look at the ridiculous comments we get on here about clubs such as Arsenal, Everton, Leicester, Bournemouth, Brighton, Derby, Boro, Lincoln, Forrest

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:46 pm

On the topic of how Aberdeen forums are reading..... I haven’t seen a single mention of a love in like there is on here. Perhaps it’s standard practice for them that it’s friendly and it’s us that find it unusual
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:18 pm

NRC wrote:On the topic of how Aberdeen forums are reading..... I haven’t seen a single mention of a love in like there is on here. Perhaps it’s standard practice for them that it’s friendly and it’s us that find it unusual
That wouldnt surprise me.

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:50 pm

NRC wrote:On the topic of how Aberdeen forums are reading..... I haven’t seen a single mention of a love in like there is on here. Perhaps it’s standard practice for them that it’s friendly and it’s us that find it unusual
Having worked in both Aberdeen (for a year) and Glasgow I can confirm that it's standard practice for them to think that they are the best and friendliest fans in the world.

Illgresi
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Illgresi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Please don't take anything written on Aberdeen forums as representative of the Aberdeen support. Especially Afc Chat, which is populated either completely by trolls, or is a shocking indictment of the lack of mental health care in Scotland.
These 5 users liked this post: Rick_Muller ClaretTony GodIsADeeJay81 mcphisto 1968claret

Millertime v1.7
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:43 pm

Lads it's almost a year since our two great clubs went head to head in what was dubbed the battle of Britain 2018. Fills my heart with pride to to look back on this thread and see the positive impact we as a support had on the Burnley public as a whole. We broke down barriers and showed that love can build a bridge. Listen guys it would be an honour to get grouped with you this year too.. Having the chance to meet and greet you lads at Pittodrie is something neither myself or Bluto will ever forget.. Met so many amazing Burnley fans that day it was a testement to the true nature of the sport.. Football is something built on the solid foundation of the supporters in the terraces and we did Britain proud that day lads.
These 3 users liked this post: 4:20 DomBFC1882 IanMcL

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:47 pm

It's almost a year.

Aye, what's 3 months in almost a year.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:49 pm

Have you seen the Premier league table ?
We won’t be paired in the same group.
Europe was an experience and your fans were a credit for sure but we will be glad of a normal pre season next year so that we can start our march towards the Champions League !!

bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by bodge » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:04 am

What's the latest news from Morag et al ?

Fill us in Millertime.

Millertime v1.7

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:12 am

Mate she was on Itv news a couple of nights ago speaking out against violence in the workplace after tup threw a chip pan full of hot oil at a customer in a fit of rage

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:27 am

Millertime v1.7 wrote:Lads it's almost a year since our two great clubs went head to head in what was dubbed the battle of Britain 2018. Fills my heart with pride to to look back on this thread and see the positive impact we as a support had on the Burnley public as a whole. We broke down barriers and showed that love can build a bridge. Listen guys it would be an honour to get grouped with you this year too.. Having the chance to meet and greet you lads at Pittodrie is something neither myself or Bluto will ever forget.. Met so many amazing Burnley fans that day it was a testement to the true nature of the sport.. Football is something built on the solid foundation of the supporters in the terraces and we did Britain proud that day lads.
Miller, as much as I appreciate you're banter, you didnt turn up to meet us for your home game.
I would let it go if I was you

The real Tup
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by The real Tup » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:51 am

The AFC Chat board is populated by about 6 people using multiple usernames. They are indeed all mentally ill.

True Aberdeen supporters are banned for life from that pish.

Millertime v1.7

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:57 pm

tup mate, crawl back under your rock, bud. You're out in the cold. You lost morag due to your temper and she's gone back to Rumps. Everything is falling apart for you at the minute. Go and choke on a crispy pancake, there's a good midget.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3341 times
Has Liked: 1960 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:03 pm

Have you told tup about your real feelings yet millertime?

Millertime v1.7

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Mate there is a 100 page thread on the chat dedicated to tups meltdown that he can't access.. himself and rumpus are pariahs out in the cold.. They are livid :lol:

The real Tup

Post by The real Tup » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Aye that’s the only 100 page thread fake Millertime.

The rest are a handful of posts and that’s it.

The glaikit **** in charge is still gleefully congratulating himself for pishing on his own chips.

Millertime v1.7

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:20 pm

Mate the cringey emails you kept sending him begging to come back were posted up for all to see. You're not well, bud. Time to let it go. You and rumpus should start a new life together in Thurso with no Internet access.

The real Tup

Post by The real Tup » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:25 pm

I’m not your mate and the only emails sent were highly abusive ones.

Needless to say he couldn’t handle them. So he retreats into his safe space and blocks my email address.

What a snowflake.

Millertime v1.7

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Haha, well played. Mate listen, we're still trying to find out the identity of the rat who was giving you access to the 1000 club. We all saw the WhatsApp convo's. Seeing the lengths you would go to just to see what people were saying about you was EMBARRASSING. Would love to stay and chat but I'm off to take Mario out to Kelvingrove Park in his walker, then a big day out at Ibrox tomorrow. You really should get yourself out of that backwater town bud. Get yourself down south then you can mix with some REAL supporters
xx

The real Tup

Post by The real Tup » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:51 pm

I implore the rest of my pals to abandon the message board for the mentally ill.

It’s all gammons who never go to Dons matches boasting about how much drink they take.

Yawn as you might say if you were Millertime.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:54 pm

Where's Morag?

Millertime v1.7

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:10 pm

Brace yourself Tim. Object of tups affections was revealed to the world earlier this month. Gave a short interview about the trouble she had with tup and rumpus' erratic behaviour and how women are stronger for standing up to men in todays era.
http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index. ... 7&page=357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:38 pm

Malcolm Downes is a fair man...Blackburn Born?

Millertime v1.7

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:36 pm

Tim, it's the same old sad story. Two men as close as brothers until a woman comes between them and it all ends in violence