Joe Hart incoming ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4072 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Re: Joe Hart incoming ?

Post by ElectroClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Just been on Granada Reports. Looks like it's a goer.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:22 pm

He only started half their games.

KefkaClaret
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Post by KefkaClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Hart struggles with low shots to his left and with the way we defend by pushing shots more centrally he will do fine. Our system makes keepers look very good and we can do the same with Hart.
These 3 users liked this post: CoolClaret Longsider IndigoLake

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:22 pm

I can only see this as a positive, I’ll be getting dropped from the moaners team carrying on like this
This user liked this post: IndigoLake

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Brilliant signing he’s a high class keeper who had the occasional error blown out of all proportion . Let’s not forget the many many imbeciles who slagged Pickford off as useless .If true it’s a great replacement for Heats and high end back up.
These 2 users liked this post: Longsider cricketfieldclarets

randomclaret2

Post by randomclaret2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:25 pm

As for being "well past his sell by date," whilst I accept he has had a poor couple of seasons by his previous standards he is actually 12 months younger than Tom Heaton and still relatively young for a keeper

spt_claret
Been Liked: 744 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Good signing. Who do you think we'd get that's better?
Any other Premier League goalkeeper for a start. We were linked with Forster I'd much rather have had him.

Or- nobody. See what Lindegaard can do he's looked decent so far. If we really need that extra cover then ok but I honestly wouldn't want him in over Lindegaard let alone Pope or Heaton. Hart isn't good enough to make our team anymore, but the pricetag & wages makes me think he regrettably will.

Hart was at his peak a good keeper who always had a potential mistake in him. Even back when he was at Birmingham he always seemed shaky to me. Over the last few years he's regressed into someone who has a calamity in him every match, he's become synonymous with being a comedy of errors. I felt confident we'd score every time he lined up against us (And invariably he'd oblige with the error to let us do so), that's not a quality you want in a keeper. I know that he had that belter against Barcelona but he's been living off that game ever since. Liverpool want shut of Karius at any price but for all the stick he's gotten since the CL final, his performance was no different to a dozen or more of Hart's, and Hart wasn't concussed in all his games, unless he's been a bit too enthusiastic in applying that Head & Shoulders.

I hope I'm wrong. I really, really hope I'm wrong. I was wrong about Barton but that was more about his behaviour/attitude, which thankfully turned out to be entirely the opposite with us. But if Mercer can get Joe Hart actually back to being worthy of playing over Heaton, Pope, or honestly Lindegaard IMO, then he's the best keeper coach going.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:27 pm

From Hart’s point of view must be best way to be back as England number one. He is in front of Heaton and Pope for now albeit due to injury. If he plays well he keeps both of them behind him by keeping them from prem league football.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:29 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:As for being "well past his sell by date," whilst I accept he has had a poor couple of seasons by his previous standards he is actually 12 months younger than Tom Heaton and still relatively young for a keeper
Not set against his previous standards but the standards of any competent goalkeeper

He's been shocking for a few seasons as well as being highly disruptive off the field - if the many rumours are true.

I really don't mean to moan but of all the keepers we could have signed, he'd be bottom of the list. Just appalled by this
This user liked this post: spt_claret

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:29 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:His errors took West Ham to the brink of relegation last season.

He may have been ok in the past but he's massively past his sell by
Don’t be a total bellend , that’s utter nonsense he played by en large pretty well for WH. The club was /is toxic and him and Adrian (whose very handy) swapped over several times during the season . Hart was unlucky with the Rooney super strike and didn’t quite hold on to The shot we scored against him. He’s nowhere near past his best .He is expensive though and not the most friendly chap but a total pro

BarrowfordClaret87
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by BarrowfordClaret87 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi all - long time lurker on both message boards...

I can only see this as a positive.

Sure, Hart’s lost his form over the past few seasons but given the history he’s had in his career - PL winner, 75 England caps, Champions League - and the quality of our coaching and management staff, this can only be a win win for both parties, especially if the cut in wages is true. That would show he wants to play. 31 for a keeper isn’t old either. Similarly re his attitude... A poster above has cited Joey as the classic example - if we can keep Joey on the straight and narrow, surely we can keep Hart happy too?

Of course, there are questions to be answered in the upcoming months about our other keepers but given Pope out indefinitely, Lindegaard backup, Ledzgins seemingly a reserve, competition for Heaton when he’s fit can only be a good thing, especially if we get through to the group stages with the sheer amount of games to be played.
Last edited by BarrowfordClaret87 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Siddo

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:32 pm

spt_claret wrote:
But if Mercer can get Joe Hart actually back to being worthy of playing over Heaton, Pope, or honestly Lindegaard IMO, then he's the best keeper coach going.
As Tom Heaton and Nick Pope are both out injured (hope Tom is back fit again very soon), then Hart is only competing with Anders.

Ooogeorgeorgeoghani
Been Liked: 212 times
Has Liked: 72 times

Post by Ooogeorgeorgeoghani » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:33 pm

He was a top keeper, that ability and experience does not just disappear, confidence is key , if he gets time we could have 3 of the best English keepers at our club
This user liked this post: Bfcboyo

spt_claret
Been Liked: 744 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:33 pm

Paul Waine wrote:As Tom Heaton and Nick Pope are both out injured (hope Tom is back fit again very soon), then Hart is only competing with Anders.
Unless these are very long-term injuries I'd still take our Danish soldier to be honest. Looked decent so far, and doesn't fill me with the same sense of "could be a goal here" anytime the ball comes near him.

SalisburyClaret

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:34 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:Don’t be a total bellend , that’s utter nonsense he played by en large pretty well for WH. The club was /is toxic and him and Adrian (whose very handy) swapped over several times during the season . Hart was unlucky with the Rooney super strike and didn’t quite hold on to The shot we scored against him. He’s nowhere near past his best .He is expensive though and not the most friendly chap but a total pro
You'll not find a Hammer that will agree with you, they knew he made them a laughing stock

If people have opinions that differ from yours - there is no need to abuse them. It's a message forum, please look up how these things work.

randomclaret2

Post by randomclaret2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Looks like we're just going to have to trust Dyche and Mercer on this one.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1330 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:39 pm

Makes me think that tom is on his way nest week.

Bobzuruncle
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by Bobzuruncle » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Based on the tactics of our defence last season of channeling shots then there is no better team for him to revive his career , if he gets game time.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:41 pm

You don't lose skill, you lose confidence. A good manager an training team can fix that. Enough said i think....

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:43 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:You'll not find a Hammer that will agree with you, they knew he made them a laughing stock

If people have opinions that differ from yours - there is no need to abuse them. It's a message forum, please look up how these things work.
Making sweeping statements of utter nonsense surely leads to some form of abuse ? To insinuate Hart “ took them to the brink” is like saying “ Jack Butland got Stoke relegated “ not so much an opinion as a preposterous untruth . He’s been a keeper having every error highlighted and not helped his confidence . He’s a very good trainer and I’d be amazed if he didn’t get back to where he was

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:44 pm

summitclaret wrote:Makes me think that tom is on his way nest week.
And our three keepers will be Hart, Lindegaard and ??????????

SalisburyClaret

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:45 pm

I think over confidence is his main problem -
Remember how confident he was against Iceland?

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3188 times
Has Liked: 1869 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:47 pm

mdd2 wrote:And our three keepers will be Hart, Lindegaard and ??????????
Legzdins :shock:

SalisburyClaret

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:48 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:Making sweeping statements of utter nonsense surely leads to some form of abuse ? To insinuate Hart “ took them to the brink” is like saying “ Jack Butland got Stoke relegated “ not so much an opinion as a preposterous untruth . He’s been a keeper having every error highlighted and not helped his confidence . He’s a very good trainer and I’d be amazed if he didn’t get back to where he was
His mistakes lost them points in games where they were playing well - so yes he lost them the games. They dropped him as did Man Cityand Torino

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2534 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:52 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:Not set against his previous standards but the standards of any competent goalkeeper

He's been shocking for a few seasons as well as being highly disruptive off the field - if the many rumours are true.

I really don't mean to moan but of all the keepers we could have signed, he'd be bottom of the list. Just appalled by this
Do you have a list of all the keepers available to us?
Appalled seems a strange word to use but if you are not in favour you don't have to support him,I suppose.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Interesting signing on a permanent deal. Injuries to Heaton and Pope must be worse than we’ve been told?

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:56 pm

With our setup, coaching and Dyche - I think he will rediscover his form.

leightonjameslegend
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by leightonjameslegend » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:57 pm

I am one of Hart’s biggest critics, but I actually think that Southgate dropping him is the wake up call he needed. He thought he was untouchable and continued to think he would be picked with minimum effort. Imagine how he felt when he was left at home and overshadowed by two Burnley keepers. Let’s be honest this would never happen if Pope and Heaton was fit. Pope is out for a long time and I am not 100% sure Heaton will ever reach his previous form or fitness. If it’s true 4m is peanuts. It’s no coincidence that we have the best keeper coach in the country and a manager who is an expert in reshaping and sorting careers. If it’s true that he is taking a huge pay cut and comes with the right attitude it could prove to be a master stroke.
This user liked this post: Siddo

randomclaret2

Post by randomclaret2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:57 pm

" They dropped him...as did Torino "... He played every League game after joining Torino on loan.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4072 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:58 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Looks like we're just going to have to trust Dyche and Mercer on this one.
A strategy that's worked ok up to now, ain't it?
Last edited by ElectroClaret on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

watsonsclarets
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 121 times

Post by watsonsclarets » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:58 pm

in my mind this makes me think

chelsea keeper to Madrid
Everton Keeper to Chelsea
Burnley keeper to Everton
Hart to us.

Maybe two and two but that's what I'm thinking.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2248 times
Has Liked: 2161 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:59 pm

KefkaClaret wrote:Hart struggles with low shots to his left and with the way we defend by pushing shots more centrally he will do fine. Our system makes keepers look very good and we can do the same with Hart.
Totally agree, just not a massive fan of the guy, but as with any Claret I'll get behind him and support him!

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:59 pm

leightonjameslegend wrote:I am one of Hart’s biggest critics, but I actually think that Southgate dropping him is the wake up call he needed. He thought he was untouchable and continued to think he would be picked with minimum effort. Imagine how he felt when he was left at home and overshadowed by two Burnley keepers. Let’s be honest this would never happen if Pope and Heaton was fit. Pope is out for a long time and I am not 100% sure Heaton will ever reach his previous form or fitness. If it’s true 4m is peanuts. It’s no coincidence that we have the best keeper coach in the country and a manager who is an expert in reshaping and sorting careers. If it’s true that he is taking a huge pay cut and comes with the right attitude it could prove to be a master stroke.
The same logic could be applied to Pope.

Tuddybfc
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Post by Tuddybfc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:00 pm

No shame in saying I hate Joe Hart more than just about any other footballer, if Mercer gets him playing a decent standard hats off to both of them

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11049 times
Has Liked: 5658 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:02 pm

watsonsclarets wrote:in my mind this makes me think

chelsea keeper to Madrid
Everton Keeper to Chelsea
Burnley keeper to Everton
Hart to us.

Maybe two and two but that's what I'm thinking.
Chelsea to Madrid
Stoke to Chelsea
Burnley to Stoke
This user liked this post: tim_noone

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:03 pm

It's a no from me after seeing him in our win at West Ham, but he'd be behind a more solid defensive unit with us than that at West Ham.

We wouldn't be wanting him to be a sweeper keeper either.

watsonsclarets
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 121 times

Post by watsonsclarets » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:Chelsea to Madrid
Stoke to Chelsea
Burnley to Stoke
Why would Heaton want to go there please do not say one last payday.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:06 pm

If this comes off I think it will be a very astute piece of business and help to raise our profile. Joe Hart still has potentially many years ahead of him and IMO is a top, top class keeper.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2337 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:08 pm

Given the circumstances you couldnt wish for a better signing in a key position. Over 100 PL clean sheets
experienced in winning titles and european experience all for 4m and still in his prime years. It really is a no brainer.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5049 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:09 pm

It would be hypocritical to call this good news.
We are desperate for a keeper, short term, but I can't see his performances over the last 3 years getting him in the starting XI, even with Heats and Pope both out.
If it happens I only hope Citeh are paying his wages.

It's obvious that the Fraser bid went south, and we do need someone with experience. I only hope Billy Mercer can work his magic, as the Hart we all appreciated 4 years ago was a cracking player.

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:It would be hypocritical to call this good news.
We are desperate for a keeper, short term, but I can't see his performances over the last 3 years getting him in the starting XI, even with Heats and Pope both out.
If it happens I only hope Citeh are paying his wages.

It's obvious that the Fraser bid went south, and we do need someone with experience. I only hope Billy Mercer can work his magic, as the Hart we all appreciated 4 years ago was a cracking player.
Were paying 4 m for him its not a loan its a 3yr deal . Hart has took a big pay cut to join
Last edited by Reecey1987 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3188 times
Has Liked: 1869 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:14 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:" They dropped him...as did Torino "... He played every League game after joining Torino on loan.
Yeah but after his loan ended they dropped him

:lol:
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:15 pm

Pep Guardiola was praising him the other day. He said that Hart had knuckled down and worked hard, despite knowing he was not part of City's plans. I think that shows good character. I also think that Hart has been humbled and he knows he has to work long and hard to get his top form back. To me, it sounds like he's willing to put that work in.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11049 times
Has Liked: 5658 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:19 pm

if Hart can rediscover his best form then he is a top goalkeeper, maybe the fact we are taking a chance on him and him with us will be all he needs. Let's support him and see what happens - it could be our shrewdest signing

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6458 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:you where saying ? ;) :D
I’ll have some ketchup and mayonnaise for my humble pie please... :D

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5049 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Maybe training alongside both Heats and Pope has led him to believe that BM could help him get back to where he was.

Despite my cynicism, I do want the lad to succeed, wherever he ends up.

COBBLE
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 472 times

Post by COBBLE » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Cheeky bid for Pickford? Then we've cracked it.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6458 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:25 pm

COBBLE wrote:Cheeky bid for Pickford? Then we've cracked it.
The thing is, there are only so many really good keepers out there, and we’ll have three of the best - I’m happy with that

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:25 pm

joey13 wrote:I can only see this as a positive, I’ll be getting dropped from the moaners team carrying on like this
your still one of the first names on the team sheet joey! :D

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:26 pm

claretblue wrote:your still one of the first names on the team sheet joey! :D
Phew !