Basaksehir away tickets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Leisure
Been Liked: 3815 times
Has Liked: 12506 times

Basaksehir away tickets

Post by Leisure » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Burnley Football Club can now confirm ticket details for the Europa League third round, first leg qualifier against Istanbul Basaksehir.

Thursday, 9th August

Kick-off: 7pm (UK Time), 9pm (Turkey local time)

Ticket allocation: 878

Ticket prices: £5 for all age categories (approx. 33 Turkish Lira)

Due to the limited time available, the priority period has been accelerated and is shown below.

Please note: Due to UEFA regulations & guidance from the Foreign Office you must supply your passport number, and preferred method of travel when you purchase your ticket. This information is mandatory.

Ticket Priority Periods

Friday, 3rd August, 5pm: 6,000 points (Online only)
Saturday, 4th August, 9:15am: 4,000 points (Online & Ticket Office)
Sunday, 5th August, 9:15am: Season Ticket Holders (Online)
Monday, 6th August, 9:15am: Season Ticket Holders (Online & Ticket Office)
Tuesday, 7th August, 9:15am: Season Ticket Holders (Online & Ticket Office) tickets go off sale at 12:30pm

Please click HERE for ticket office opening hours.

Burnley Football Club will not receive match tickets at Turf Moor from Istanbul Basaksehir, therefore ALL TICKETS are to be collected at a centrally-based hotel in Istanbul, which will be announced in due course.

Supporters will receive an email confirmation when they purchase their ticket. This confirmation must be shown along with your passport when collecting your ticket, so please print this out or have it on your smart device/mobile phone.

Supporter Travel

Following extensive discussions with our travel partner, Thomas Cook Sport, and due to a lack of operational aircraft and landing slots, we are regrettably unable to offer a dedicated trip for supporters keen to travel to Istanbul. We have also, unfortunately, been unable to secure any flights for a corporate trip. Should this situation change we will announce as soon as we can.

All supporters who make their way to Istanbul independently are advised to ensure they have the correct travel documents while travelling to Turkey. Please see links below:

Visa

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foreign Office Advice

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In some busy areas, especially Istanbul, the Turkish authorities are stopping members of the public to conduct ID checks. There are also an increased number of police checkpoints on main roads across Turkey. You should co-operate with officials conducting checks, and keep your passport and a printed copy of your e-visa or your residence permit with you at all times.

You should be vigilant, follow the advice of local security authorities, monitor media reports and keep up to date with this travel advice.

Burnley FC

The club is currently arranging a supporter meeting point in Instanbul. This will be announced in due course, along with information on how to get to the ground from this meeting point.

CrawshawBrisClaret
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Basaksehir away tickets

Post by CrawshawBrisClaret » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Good job the flights I booked from Brisbane are fully refundable then...not making that journey without a ticket.

Hope the tickets sell out or the decision will be even more frustrating.

I’ve got 1,750 points despite living in Australia for almost ten years so whilst I understand our club wanting to control sales with all the UEFA rules about knowing who’s there but to only put on sale to current season ticket holders is a really disappointing decision for them to make.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Eight hundred?! What a joke!!

Real ale 2
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Real ale 2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:34 pm

800 is fine we won't take that ..interesting ticket price either they are hoping to fill it with new or curious fans or were not a draw..hope we can reciprocate those prices could fill Turf ..

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3878 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Real ale 2 wrote:800 is fine we won't take that ..interesting ticket price either they are hoping to fill it with new or curious fans or were not a draw..hope we can reciprocate those prices could fill Turf ..
Maybe that's their normal price

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Claretmatt4 wrote:Eight hundred?! What a joke!!
To be fair we were never going to shift many tickets due to the cost involved. I doubt a couple of thousand supporters are willing to stump up a few hundred quid to see us play in Istanbul. Just a few hundred maybe and that's why just 878 are on sale.

turfytopper
Been Liked: 409 times
Has Liked: 3432 times

Post by turfytopper » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:43 pm

It's not simply cost that makes this one difficult but short timing and the sheer logistics. I'd be gobsmacked if we were able to sell 800 tickets

Leisure
Been Liked: 3815 times
Has Liked: 12506 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:43 pm

Spijed wrote:To be fair we were never going to shift many tickets due to the cost involved. I doubt a couple of thousand supporters are willing to stump up a few hundred quid to see us play in Istanbul. Just a few hundred maybe and that's why just 878 are on sale.
They are only obliged to give us 5% of the ground's capacity, hence the 878 allocation.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6395 times
Has Liked: 8754 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Being southern based....
It is possible to fly Luton to Istanbul Ataturk on 9th and return at 23.55 from Ataturk to arrive Stansted at 07.15 on 19th. £399
There is a National Express bus direct to Lucky in Airport, hourly. 'From £15.50'

Bugger! Just realised Turkish time, match finishes at 11pm. No time to get to airport in time, before gate closes.

Targetman
Been Liked: 506 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Targetman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:28 pm

When I last looked a couple of days ago there were return flights from Bristol to Istanbul Ataturk Airport for 205 quid. I think Ataturk airport is around 7 miles from the stadium.

The price for this flight only shows on skyscanner if you put in a return flight as opposed to one way.
However its not a direct flight - 2 changes going out at Amsterdam and Paris Charles de Gaule and 1 change at Paris CDG on the way back.

I realise Bristol isnt ideal unless you live in that area but the prices are the best that I have seen. Flying out Wednesday, back Friday.

Just trying to help.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:44 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Maybe that's their normal price
Prices are very cheap in Europe and I suspect even cheaper in places like Turkey
This user liked this post: Quickenthetempo