Wooden Seats in Cricket Field Stand on their way ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Re: Wooden Seats in Cricket Field Stand on their way ?

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:36 am

Somethingfishy wrote:How did Everton get away with it last season then?
And they did get way with it

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4035 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:20 am

dsr wrote:You think that your opinion so clearly the only possible one that everyone who disagrees is being one of those rude names that you risk being banned for? I hope it's the drink talking.
Yes I had had a few, I apologise for offending you if I did. I do see your point, what I was trying tl articulate and not very well, was that survival in the Prem has to be the priority, imho. We are still establishing ourself as a top flight club. I would love to see us do well in Europe, but not at the sake of Premier league survival. Such is the money in the Championship now, there is no guaranteed road back, check Villa out.

NEILTHO61
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NEILTHO61 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:32 am

randomclaret2 wrote:UEFA have told the club the wooden seats in the away section of the CFS must go if we reach the Group Stages of the Europa League
Waste of money,no one sits down in away section anymore

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:39 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:Yes I had had a few, I apologise for offending you if I did. I do see your point, what I was trying tl articulate and not very well, was that survival in the Prem has to be the priority, imho. We are still establishing ourself as a top flight club. I would love to see us do well in Europe, but not at the sake of Premier league survival. Such is the money in the Championship now, there is no guaranteed road back, check Villa out.
Some fans think being in the prem for financial gain and playing against Man United is the Bee hole and end hole.
Some would prefer to take risks and try and win a cup or two. Go for glory rather than mediocre.
These 4 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets randomclaret2 mybloodisclaret scouseclaret

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:40 am

If we progress stick away fans in the bottom tier of Jimmy Mac, sorted!
These 2 users liked this post: mybloodisclaret Quickenthetempo

mybloodisclaret

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:11 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Some fans think being in the prem for financial gain and playing against Man United is the Bee hole and end hole.
Some would prefer to take risks and try and win a cup or two. Go for glory rather than mediocre.
It's a fair point, I think my view comes from years of never thinking we would be at the top table of English football, and now we are here and have money not wanting it to go. I would love us to do really well and play and beat Europes best, I also don't ever want to have to go to grounds like Oxford and Rochdale in a league match if we can help it. What will be will be, i'll enjoy the ride which ever way it goes.

pureclaret
Been Liked: 435 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by pureclaret » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:36 am

lets do an Andy Murray and pull out of next game retire unbeaten in Europe and concentrate on the league.
At the rate of injury's 4 games 3 injured players so by the time we play Southampton we could be down 2 more at that rate by the end of September we will have no team

Owdsyker
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Owdsyker » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:13 pm

I really cannot understand the club's reluctance to improve the stadium for its supporters. Just watching Sunderland game and they have managed to change half of their seats at a time when they have suffered successive delegations and don't have a lot to pi$$ in. Whereas us.......

Owdsyker

Post by Owdsyker » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Relegations. Predictive text!!

Owdsyker

Post by Owdsyker » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:15 pm

Relegations. Predictive text!!

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Owdsyker wrote:I really cannot understand the club's reluctance to improve the stadium for its supporters. Just watching Sunderland game and they have managed to change half of their seats at a time when they have suffered successive delegations and don't have a lot to pi$$ in. Whereas us.......
Maybe if Sunderland put more of their efforts into improving their playing squad and coaching staff they wouldn't have suffered successive relegations.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Fair do's for holding up Sunderland as an example of how we could do things better.

Owdsyker

Post by Owdsyker » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Fair comment but I am only highlighting the fact that replacing seats is not a major crisis for us. In fact let's go all the way and replace the faded blue and pink seats while we're at it. It might even look like a stadium fit for our status

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Owdsyker wrote:Fair comment but I am only highlighting the fact that replacing seats is not a major crisis for us. In fact let's go all the way and replace the faded blue and pink seats while we're at it. It might even look like a stadium fit for our status
Meanwhile the shiny stadium of light is fit for Sunderland's status in league one?

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1131 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:08 pm

It’s quite simple. UEFA want fire prof seats, replace them with metal ones, you know the ones with the extra rail at the top for safety. They should work, they are SEATS.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Seems odd, very odd that seats that are deemed safe for matches against Aberdeen and İstanbul Başakşehir are suddenly a fire risk a couple of matches after.

They are either safe or they are not.

A bit like saying a plane is safe to take off in July but not in September! That's what it amounts to.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:55 pm

The best seats on the Premier League.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Spijed wrote:Seems odd, very odd that seats that are deemed safe for matches against Aberdeen and İstanbul Başakşehir are suddenly a fire risk a couple of matches after.

They are either safe or they are not.

A bit like saying a plane is safe to take off in July but not in September! That's what it amounts to.
Maybe they’ve scientifically proven the friction between the fat arses of visiting supporters from now until the first group game would wear down the paint to show bare wood. Which could be ignited from our european friends obsession with flairs.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

thelaughingclaret
Been Liked: 291 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by thelaughingclaret » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Just tell UEFA to F off and move away supporters into the JML or longside lower and give away supporters as small an allocation as we are allowed to give. Problem solved. We shouldn’t be changing anything about the club or the ground for them. It’s all pathetic European burocracy that bigger clubs with money like Everton get to ignore. Football and Europe being corrupt as ever.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

mybloodisclaret

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:13 pm

The noise coming out of the CFS was superb on Thursday at times. Imagine that full of Burnley fans on a European night! Would be amazing. Cant see it happening but would be great if it did.

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by Claretforever » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Although I’m not 100% on this, I imagine the reason is down to the rule relating to the backs of the seats having to be 30cm in height.

Now I realise you might think that they already are, but perhaps it’s due to there being a huge gap from your backside to halfway up your back?

There used to be a lot of the bench seats in Europe, the ones where there appears to be plastic fixed to concrete but with no back, and the comfort factor of (away) fans has to be taken into account more as the competition gets deeper into it? Home fans would be used to it.

I don’t imagine UEFA, when making the rules, had considered the old style wooden seating at a select few older UK grounds?

For what it’s worth on the non-flammable subject, plastic is also flammable so I can’t see it being about that with our seats???

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Claretforever wrote:Although I’m not 100% on this, I imagine the reason is down to the rule relating to the backs of the seats having to be 30cm in height.

Now I realise you might think that they already are, but perhaps it’s due to there being a huge gap from your backside to halfway up your back?

There used to be a lot of the bench seats in Europe, the ones where there appears to be plastic fixed to concrete but with no back, and the comfort factor of (away) fans has to be taken into account more as the competition gets deeper into it? Home fans would be used to it.

I don’t imagine UEFA, when making the rules, had considered the old style wooden seating at a select few older UK grounds?

For what it’s worth on the non-flammable subject, plastic is also flammable so I can’t see it being about that with our seats???
Surely though, these rules have to be adopted before a competition starts?

For example, non league teams entering the FA cup aren't told they have to make changes to their ground if they reach the 3rd round.

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:49 pm

You’d think so but their rules fall into categories at certain stages. The exact wording is this:

Unless stipulated otherwise in these regulations, matches in the competition must be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria of the following categories as defined in the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations:

a. category 2 for the preliminary round, first and second qualifying rounds;
b. category 3 for the third qualifying round and play-offs;
c. category 4 from the group stage to the semi-finals.

It seems we’ve made the necessary changes to our ground over the summer in terms of office space for them, changing room sizes (we we a few square feet short which is ridiculous), etc, but changing the seats is a bigger and expensive job. The seats will cost about £40 per seat to change so that would be £160,000 (they’re not going to change just the away ones). Then there’re other considerations, such as involvement in the competition not being worth what we’re spending on the ground, and also the possible introduction of rail seating.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Claretforever wrote:You’d think so but their rules fall into categories at certain stages. The exact wording is this:

Unless stipulated otherwise in these regulations, matches in the competition must be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria of the following categories as defined in the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations:

a. category 2 for the preliminary round, first and second qualifying rounds;
b. category 3 for the third qualifying round and play-offs;
c. category 4 from the group stage to the semi-finals.

It seems we’ve made the necessary changes to our ground over the summer in terms of office space for them, changing room sizes (we we a few square feet short which is ridiculous), etc, but changing the seats is a bigger and expensive job. The seats will cost about £40 per seat to change so that would be £160,000 (they’re not going to change just the away ones). Then there’re other considerations, such as involvement in the competition not being worth what we’re spending on the ground, and also the possible introduction of rail seating.
So by their rules it's ok for fans to burn to death in the early rounds!

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Spijed wrote:Surely though, these rules have to be adopted before a competition starts?

For example, non league teams entering the FA cup aren't told they have to make changes to their ground if they reach the 3rd round.
That’s different.

We aren't in the Europa League. Yet. Hence no branding on the Turf, shirt branding etc

The group stages are the start of the Europa League. The FA cup starts in Round 1.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Dyched wrote:That’s different.

We aren't in the Europa League. Yet. Hence no branding on the Turf, shirt branding etc

The group stages are the start of the Europa League. The FA cup starts in Round 1.
So why have we had to meet certain regulations even at this stage?

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:19 pm

We are in the competition. The competition is called the Europa League because the main body of the competition is a League format, and lasts about 3 months. We just happen to be trying to qualify for that main stage of the competition, but we are in it.

Unless you think that when it gets beyond the League stages you are no longer in the Europa League?

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Claretforever wrote:We are in the competition. The competition is called the Europa League because the main body of the competition is a League format, and lasts about 3 months. We just happen to be trying to qualify for that main stage of the competition, but we are in it.

Unless you think that when it gets beyond the League stages you are no longer in the Europa League?
That’s like sayimg the United States played in the World Cup. Were in the Europa League Qualifiers. We are yet to Qualify.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:24 pm

Spijed wrote:So why have we had to meet certain regulations even at this stage?
I dont know. Like you say, it didnt matter if Aberdeen burnt to death.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:36 pm

It also still doesn't answer how Everton were allowed to get away with it.

:(

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 610 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Ffs they build houses out of wood all across the developed world which are fire retardant. Our seats will have not only passed statutory building regs they will have passed the Premier League safety tests too.

I’m yet to see any quote from UEFA or Burnley saying we will have to replace the seats. Just a poxy article in the daily mail that doesn’t even state that the bob lord has wooden seats in it too.

I call bull ****.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:43 pm

When you try and burn a lump of wood in a specially designed fireplace, you need paper to start the fire, twigs to get it going, and it's not easy to do. I bet a cigarette lighter held to one of those seats wouldn't make it burn.

But what we could do, is remove the 2,000 wide wooden seats and replace them with 3,000 minimum spec plastic ones. We'd be able to cram more away supporters in and thus get more money; and they always stand anyway, so nobody loses out.

While we're at it, put some cheapo plastic ones at minimum spec for the UEFA bosses too. See how they like it.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:00 am

I’d be surprised if we were allowed to put more seats in with the lack of space underneath the concourse.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:10 am

dsr wrote:When you try and burn a lump of wood in a specially designed fireplace, you need paper to start the fire, twigs to get it going, and it's not easy to do. I bet a cigarette lighter held to one of those seats wouldn't make it burn.

But what we could do, is remove the 2,000 wide wooden seats and replace them with 3,000 minimum spec plastic ones. We'd be able to cram more away supporters in and thus get more money; and they always stand anyway, so nobody loses out.

While we're at it, put some cheapo plastic ones at minimum spec for the UEFA bosses too. See how they like it.
They seats had to go through various fire tests, they tested one of the wooden seats with a lighter, then a blowtorch. The Wooden seats passed. Then, in the interest of science, they applied the same experiments with plastic seats........

I’m told plastic seats are being installed which means it will increase the capacity, however that means the club also have to improve the facilities in the stand as it needs to accommodate more people.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6759 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:32 am

I'm quite keen on wicker, meself, nice and comfortable and they don't hurt so much when thrown at you.

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:54 am

claptrappers_union wrote:They seats had to go through various fire tests, they tested one of the wooden seats with a lighter, then a blowtorch. The Wooden seats passed. Then, in the interest of science, they applied the same experiments with plastic seats........
With all that scientists have learnt about plastics in the last few years it's sad that football still has no consideration for environmental issues. Leave it to Fifa/EUFA and it's all single use plastic bottles, plastic glasses, plastic seats, plastic fans, plastic atmosphere.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3189 times
Has Liked: 1870 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:57 am

dibraidio wrote:With all that scientists have learnt about plastics in the last few years it's sad that football still has no consideration for environmental issues. Leave it to Fifa/EUFA and it's all single use plastic bottles, plastic glasses, plastic seats, plastic fans, plastic atmosphere.
I’m defence of FIFA/UEFA (and I can’t beleive I’ve said that) but they do use multi use plastic glasses at the fanzones/stadiums.

I still have and use the two I got from the Euros in 2016