Walters to PNE on loan

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Re: Walters to PNE on loan

Post by TVC15 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:04 am

aggi wrote:Comparing the impact made against fees/wages I'd definitely choose Juke/Sordell.

Sordell was worth a gamble possibly, none of the others really were.
As you know we were in a very different financial position when we signed Juke / Sordell to when we signed Walters / Wells.

Neither Juke nor Sordell were proven in the Premier League and neither had any great recent form - which is why they were so cheap. When we got injuries that year up front and had to play either we looked very poor. We played the worst team in the league at home - Sunderland - and it was 0-0 and we looked absolutely clueless up front.

We will never know whether Walters would have been able to contribute more last season because of the injury. But a fit Walters in the season we had Juke / Sordell would have been playing every week based on what he did at Stoke.

Wells transfer is more confusing to me - as personally I think he was unproven and passed his best at Huddersfield. If we would have got him for £1m I could have understood it as this was a signing more akin to Juke / Sordell....a low risk gamble.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1448 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:07 am

This guy was brought on as a sub at Chelsea, to close the game out. We won.
Brought on as a sub against WBA, to equalise. Missed a header to do that.We lost.
Started at Deadwood. Got crippled by the barstewards.
3 games, 3 appearances. Without the injury he might have been a bigger part of the season than some on here would ever acknowledge.
Certainly done nothing to deserve the abuse he’s getting.

Why can’t these sad acts just support Burnley, the board, the manager, his staff and the players. Tug o’ war, guys the only way you win is everybody pulling together.
This user liked this post: IWOODLOVETT

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:10 am

He’s a cart horse. A hod carrier nothing more. We’ve too many of them in our side.

An old expensive one at that. Horrendous signing. But then some of us did say that at the time!

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:17 am

fidelcastro wrote:Did he tell you this?

:?
Yes

:?

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:21 am

I understood the Bardsley signing but never really got the Walters one. Nothing against him, he was a decent player for Stoke at times and has done very well for ROI. Bardsley was brought in as an experienced pro and 2nd choice right back. By the time last season started Walters was pretty much 3rd or 4th choice striker and never likely to get any real game time for us. His injury clearly hampered his season but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he would have played much anyway. We simply don't need him and any move away from the club makes sense for both parties.

burnley007
Been Liked: 640 times
Has Liked: 674 times

Post by burnley007 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:34 am

Has he actually gone?