At Risk

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

At Risk

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:55 am

This week is likely to be a buttock clenching time for some of us.

Apart from the players we are chasing it might be a case of who stays and who goes and some of the incoming deals may be linked to moving players on.

Ben Mee - despite the recent news, I won't be convinced that he will stay until he signs.
James Tarkowski - could be part of a centre half merry-go-round (ManU / Leicester/Chelsea/Liverpool)
Tom Heaton - seems to be struggling to get fit and I think that he might have gone already if Pope hadn't got crocked.
Steven Defour - seems to have gone very quiet on that front. He gave us good value last season, but that might have had something to do with the potential Belgian call-up for the WC. might be looking for a Chinese pension pot.
Sam Vokes - may go if we land JR or another forward
Jeff Hendrick - can't be happy with the crowd reaction and might jump at the chance to move on (unlikely however now that the Clucas deal has flopped)
Nahki Wells - again not a crowd favourite but could be part of another deal.
Jon Walters - apparently off to Preston. A loan yes but will mean that we are short of numbers at a particularly hectic time.
Aiden O'Neil - promising squad member reportedly going back to his native Australia.

So that is about 30% of our first team squad with some sort of uncertainty against them. I'm off to lie in a dark room.
This user liked this post: HiroshimaClaret

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Re: At Risk

Post by martin_p » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:00 am

Yeah, but that’s just you making stuff up. In reality there’s probably only the last three in your list that might go.
These 4 users liked this post: simonclaret IWOODLOVETT Rileybobs Damo

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1154 times
Has Liked: 1066 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:01 am

JESUS CHRIST
These 3 users liked this post: IWOODLOVETT FactualFrank Damo

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6452 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:03 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:JESUS CHRIST
Yeah he forgot about him - apparently great getting on the end of crosses...
These 2 users liked this post: Longsider tiger76

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6955 times
Has Liked: 1480 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:15 am

Don’t forget that Dyche might very well be considering a career change to a milkman so that he can spend afternoons with the family. Uncertain times indeed.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Claretto
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Claretto » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:18 am

Youve just listed all of our players and come up with reasons why they might move? What a load of nonsense.

Also, why is this Defour to china thing perpetuated. It was a total throwaway comment 18m ago.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:25 am

Rick_Muller wrote:Yeah he forgot about him - apparently great getting on the end of crosses...
I heard he was looking to us to resurrect his career... but I think that would take a miracle.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:28 am

IWOODLOVETT wrote:This week is likely to be a buttock clenching time for some of us.

Apart from the players we are chasing it might be a case of who stays and who goes and some of the incoming deals may be linked to moving players on.

Ben Mee - despite the recent news, I won't be convinced that he will stay until he signs.
James Tarkowski - could be part of a centre half merry-go-round (ManU / Leicester/Chelsea/Liverpool)
Tom Heaton - seems to be struggling to get fit and I think that he might have gone already if Pope hadn't got crocked.
Steven Defour - seems to have gone very quiet on that front. He gave us good value last season, but that might have had something to do with the potential Belgian call-up for the WC. might be looking for a Chinese pension pot.
Jeff Hendrick - can't be happy with the crowd reaction and might jump at the chance to move on (unlikely however now that the Clucas deal has flopped)
Jon Walters - apparently off to Preston. A loan yes but will mean that we are short of numbers at a particularly hectic time.
Aiden O'Neil - promising squad member reportedly going back to his native Australia.

So that is about 30% of our first team squad with some sort of uncertainty against them. I'm off to lie in a dark room.
Nothing like being up-beat is there, and that was nothing like up-beat.

IWOODLOVETT

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:28 am

Aaaahh the transfer windows, don't we all get twitchy?

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:30 am

IWOODLOVETT wrote:This week is likely to be a buttock clenching time for some of us.

I `liked` it not in total agreement but love what goes through our brains as football fans pre and during the season. It really is in the blood and most of us can`t help but fret, for want of a better word. Incredible that we finished last season in 7th yet `situations` still concern us :D I suppose the adage of `the more you have, the more you want` is accurate in each and every walk of life.

My main concerns are mainly around Defour, Brady and the elusive `No.10`.
This user liked this post: IWOODLOVETT

Il Duce
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Il Duce » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:33 am

Confident that the Chinese transfer window closed in July. You’ll need to look for an alternate destination for Defour.

IWOODLOVETT

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:37 am

Phew, thanks.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6955 times
Has Liked: 1480 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:38 am

Il Duce wrote:Confident that the Chinese transfer window closed in July. You’ll need to look for an alternate destination for Defour.
Yeah but IanMcL said that he’s definitely going to China so he must be.

pureclaret
Been Liked: 433 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by pureclaret » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:43 am

JESUS CHRIST (agent claret)
Is he a new signing or is he at risk ? Is he good with crosses , I am told bread and fish is plentiful.

Il Duce
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Il Duce » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Yeah but IanMcL said that he’s definitely going to China so he must be.
In which case, he’s definitely going to China!

chekhov
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 1523 times

Post by chekhov » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:36 pm

IWOODLOVETT wrote: I'm off to lie in a dark room.
If you don't come out until Friday morning you're only going to miss the Istanbul Basaksehir game. Your loss!

IWOODLOVETT

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:07 pm

chekhov wrote:If you don't come out until Friday morning you're only going to miss the Istanbul Basaksehir game. Your loss!
Don't worry I wouldn't miss that game - there's a telly in the dark room!
This user liked this post: chekhov

Shappie
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by Shappie » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:Yeah he forgot about him - apparently great getting on the end of crosses...
Nailed on.........

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:17 pm

IWOODLOVETT wrote:Aaaahh the transfer windows, don't we all get twitchy?

Only the flaky ones! :lol:

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:09 pm

andyh wrote:I heard he was looking to us to resurrect his career... but I think that would take a miracle.
Could be nailed on by Easter ...

HollandsPies
Been Liked: 192 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by HollandsPies » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:12 pm

Christ on a bike, I can't wait for this window 'to slam shut'!

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:19 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Yeah but IanMcL said that he’s definitely going to China so he must be.
There could be some truth in it, it's all the talk in the Ming Woh chippy and the lady behind the counter serves SD crispy duck in black bean sauce every match day with a free bag of prawn crackers.fact!

Ightenclaret
Been Liked: 328 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by Ightenclaret » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:27 pm

IWOODLOVETT wrote:This week is likely to be a buttock clenching time for some of us
Only for those of you with a slack sphincter.

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 791 times
Has Liked: 1016 times

Post by Guller Bull » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:30 pm

I really cant see that there is any chance of us signing Jesus but miracles do happen.

If there was a chance I would leave no stone unturned.

I know Jonathan has had his troubles in the past season with injury and I wish him well if he goes on loan to PNE but seriously Jesus can walk all over Walters.