Trudeau Trying to Make Canada a Pariah State

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Trudeau Trying to Make Canada a Pariah State

Post by ontario claret » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:20 pm

This was the headline in my morning tabloid today. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Canada is just saying what needs to be said in today's world. If Saudi Arabia wants to give somebody 67 lashes for stating an opinion commonly held by every civilized person in the world, or use the barbaric practice of crucifying people for rape, then they deserve to be condemned. Their overreaction makes THEM the state to snubbed, not us.
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Re: Trudeau Trying to Make Canada a Pariah State

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:50 pm

The whole world is a grim place these days - you’re just saying “we’ll we might do this but you do that”

It doesn’t solve anything really unfortunately. If I sat you with an Arab they’d probably question why Canada are paying reparations to indigenous Canadians and also why they have their own shady dealings where people have been tortured without a fair trial or false information (yes, the gov have paid them compensation but it still happened in Canada).

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:55 pm

I have also visited Canada and it was a beautiful country full of wonderful people - what I would say is the last of a dying breed of countries who are openly proud of being inclusive and multifaith/multicultural ...... things like what are going on there at the minute will only slowly create a divide within the country and hatred with an “us against them” mentality.

Canada can hate Saudi as much as it likes but as long as Saudis are spending silly amounts of money buying weapons from all over ...... it’s unfortunately as the saying goes “all di(k, no spunk”.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:06 pm

bfccrazy wrote:I have also visited Canada and it was a beautiful country full of wonderful people - what I would say is the last of a dying breed of countries who are openly proud of being inclusive and multifaith/multicultural ...... things like what are going on there at the minute will only slowly create a divide within the country and hatred with an “us against them” mentality.

Canada can hate Saudi as much as it likes but as long as Saudis are spending silly amounts of money buying weapons from all over ...... it’s unfortunately as the saying goes “all di(k, no spunk”.

All canada said was something like hey, dudes, maybe be nicer to other humans eh? then Saudi Arabia threatened them with a 9/11.
This user liked this post: ontario claret

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Yeah but what about the smoked seal flippers?

barba
Been Liked: 100 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by barba » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:All canada said was something like hey, dudes, maybe be nicer to other humans eh? then Saudi Arabia threatened them with a 9/11.
I recall the plane tweet.

Was it an official Saudi account that sent it?

Horrendous if so.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:All canada said was something like hey, dudes, maybe be nicer to other humans eh? then Saudi Arabia threatened them with a 9/11.
I put Saudis in the Putin/Israel camp - they’ll do what they want cos’ they know they pretty much can and not many people will actually do much. They have the safety of the amount of “business friendships” they have and the fact that the whole Muslim world would go ape **** if anybody tries to attack there.

Canada pitching up and trying to put a polite “hey, maybe stop that” won’t change anything but it will wake up those idiots who lie in the fringes of society to possibly start causing problems in Canada too.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 pm

bfccrazy wrote:I put Saudis in the Putin/Israel camp - they’ll do what they want cos’ they know they pretty much can and not many people will actually do much. They have the safety of the amount of “business friendships” they have and the fact that the whole Muslim world would go ape **** if anybody tries to attack there.

Canada pitching up and trying to put a polite “hey, maybe stop that” won’t change anything but it will wake up those idiots who lie in the fringes of society to possibly start causing problems in Canada too.

No one thinks Canada's Tweet would have had much effect, but the Saudi's went all insane in response all it did was create a Streisand effect and shine a light on just how ****** up they still are.
This user liked this post: ontario claret

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:No one thinks Canada's Tweet would have had much effect, but the Saudi's went all insane in response all it did was create a Streisand effect and shine a light on just how ****** up they still are.
Even Trump realised how Saudis are with his “we’re not going to tell people how to live their lives” ......

Canada tweeted and SA started flexing its muscles a little in the way some other countries do - the disgusting plane tweet was from a Saudi page but not a government one and it started getting shared. There are probably people sat in Riyadh now thinking “you lot just getting over apologising for your genocide of the First Nations, eh - sort your own problems out before concentrating on us too much”.

It’s just more vitriol and hatred being spread from all parties now which is just going to fuel more hatred and vitriol on the streets where those posting these tweets don’t actually feel the effects.
This user liked this post: MG70

ontario claret

Post by ontario claret » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Thank you to all of you, like IT, who realize what I'm getting at. There's always been a tug of war in this country between the neanderthals and the civilized people. Remember, this country was created by the removal of the indigenous peoples from what had been their ancestral homes. The Beowuks didn't stand a chance. Wiped out in a generation by disease brought by the white man. "Progress" was always measured by increases in GNP, not increased civilization, whatever that is. We have a new premier in Ontario, the brother of the infamous Rob Ford. He actually drags his knuckles when he walks. His first priority? Cheap beer. Yep. Of all of the things to put at the top of your list, cheap suds is it. That's populism for you.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Vino blanco » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:42 pm

"His first priority? Cheap beer." .... He's got my vote.
These 2 users liked this post: Damo bfccrazy

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 pm

ontario claret wrote:Thank you to all of you, like IT, who realize what I'm getting at. There's always been a tug of war in this country between the neanderthals and the civilized people. Remember, this country was created by the removal of the indigenous peoples from what had been their ancestral homes. The Beowuks didn't stand a chance. Wiped out in a generation by disease brought by the white man. "Progress" was always measured by increases in GNP, not increased civilization, whatever that is. We have a new premier in Ontario, the brother of the infamous Rob Ford. He actually drags his knuckles when he walks. His first priority? Cheap beer. Yep. Of all of the things to put at the top of your list, cheap suds is it. That's populism for you.
At least he has a clear aim of what he wants to achieve and will probably achieve it too (rate for a politician these days) - how did Trudeau’ visits to China and India go ...... where he started trying to impose Canada’s will on them and got told to F off too?

ontario claret

Post by ontario claret » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Opioids have become a huge problem, too. I visited a friend on Wednesday night. On the off-ramp, at 10 at night, I was greeted by a pan handler. On the way, I stopped for a coffee at my favourite Timmy's. I apparently interrupted a drug deal going down. A car was parked at right angles across the parking lot. "How's it going, dude?" "Er, OK, I guess", I replied. Sorry to disturb you. Oshawa was always an industrial town, proud to be home of GM of Canada. In our post-industrial age, Joe Lunch Bucket is an endangered species. Their only outlet is to engage in the drug trade, or open another tattoo parlour. What's the answer? I truly don't know.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 pm

ontario claret wrote:Opioids have become a huge problem, too. I visited a friend on Wednesday night. On the off-ramp, at 10 at night, I was greeted by a pan handler. On the way, I stopped for a coffee at my favourite Timmy's. I apparently interrupted a drug deal going down. A car was parked at right angles across the parking lot. "How's it going, dude?" "Er, OK, I guess", I replied. Sorry to disturb you. Oshawa was always an industrial town, proud to be home of GM of Canada. In our post-industrial age, Joe Lunch Bucket is an endangered species. Their only outlet is to engage in the drug trade, or open another tattoo parlour. What's the answer? I truly don't know.
So the last time Canada succeeded in changing a country by forcing it’s views on them and making them change - it’s led to a drug and tattoo problem with the original inhabitants left broken and having no cultural identity left.

Tell us more about how it’s good to try it again please.

Vino blanco

Post by Vino blanco » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Your last post Ontario is brilliant. It reminded me of the opening paragraph of a cheap, American crime thriller. You should take up crime writing, pal.

ontario claret

Post by ontario claret » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Trudeau is very naive. Although he hasn't always lived in a glass cage, his father WAS the Prime Minister. He's always lived with a security detail. But that's the point, too. I don't think Ford has a clue. He wants to increase gun possession, but only for the "good guys". It's like, good guys line up to my right. If he starts clearing the streets, he's going to run into all kinds of problems with civil liberties. He lives in a black and white world, where most things are varying shades of gray.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:59 pm

ontario claret wrote:Trudeau is very naive. Although he hasn't always lived in a glass cage, his father WAS the Prime Minister. He's always lived with a security detail. But that's the point, too. I don't think Ford has a clue. He wants to increase gun possession, but only for the "good guys". It's like, good guys line up to my right. If he starts clearing the streets, he's going to run into all kinds of problems with civil liberties. He lives in a black and white world, where most things are varying shades of gray.
The more your posts are wavering between random things I’m wondering if he hasn’t already made beer cheaper? :lol: :lol:

ontario claret

Post by ontario claret » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Thanks for the dripping sarcasm,vb. All I'm saying is that certain things need to be discussed that have been swept under the rug for along time.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Welcome to Snowflake hour.

ontario claret

Post by ontario claret » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:09 pm

I guess I'm only identifying the symptons. Beneath that "nice Canada" veneer, there was always a dark side. After all, when it comes right down to it, all Canadians are economic refugees. Why else do you pack up and travel 5,000 miles away from your home? Oshawa once had the highest individual income of any place in Canada, back in the '60s. It was a great place to raise a family. Then GM tanked. The problem with tourists who visit places like Banff or Vancouver is that they see how beautiful it is, but never see the bad things, like Hastings Street in Vancouver, or Skid Road.

ontario claret

Post by ontario claret » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:13 pm

Vino Blanco, you should line up for the emigration queue. Rob Ford wants you.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:17 pm

Hate to be the one to say it, but nobody gives a f**k

ontario claret

Post by ontario claret » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Great. KRBFC has chimed in. Time to end this.

Vino blanco

Post by Vino blanco » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Ontario, I've already done so. I live in Spain, my friend.

ontario claret

Post by ontario claret » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:37 am

Spain isn't exactly southern Ontario. Better wine and hotter women.