Dyche on Transfer Window: 'Worst I've Experienced'

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Re: Dyche on Transfer Window: 'Worst I've Experienced'

Post by joey13 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Claretmatt4 wrote:If only our players didn't require payment for playing
For the mentally challenged, on transfers

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:22 pm

KRBFC wrote:Why did he mention those clubs though? The post I quoted said all clubs apart from Leicester, Everton and the top 6.
Simple because they're clubs who've come up, thrown money at it and haven't acheived what we have in a similar time scale.

You picked up clubs who've been in the PL for a number of years.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:22 pm

joey13 wrote:Hoyle said two years ago when he closed the academy down he wouldn’t be putting anymore of his own money in .
He's probably waiting for his £50 million to be repaid.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:23 pm

No need for that Joey.

You know as well as anyone that if we spent the money we made on transfer fees (which doesn't come all in one lump sum) on direct transfers out we would be incurring even greater wages and agents fees. It's not as simple as 'we made £60m so spend £60m on replacements'

We will always be a selling club for this reason, especially in this league. I can appreciate its frustrating but our transfer outlays will always be relatively less than we bring in, it's the way we have to operate.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Claretmatt4 wrote:No need for that Joey.

You know as well as anyone that if we spent the money we made on transfer fees (which doesn't come all in one lump sum) on direct transfers out we would be incurring even greater wages and agents fees. It's not as simple as 'we made £60m so spend £60m on replacements'

We will always be a selling club for this reason, especially in this league. I can appreciate its frustrating but our transfer outlays will always be relatively less than we bring in, it's the way we have to operate.
Apologies, I’m bored in Southampton on my own :(
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Claretmatt4 wrote: It's not as simple as 'we made £60m so spend £60m on replacements'
Unfortunately, for the more simple people that’s exactly what it is.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Colburn_Claret

Claretmatt4

Post by Claretmatt4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:29 pm

joey13 wrote:Apologies, I’m bored in Southampton on my own :(
No worries... UTC!
This user liked this post: joey13

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:36 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Simple because they're clubs who've come up, thrown money at it and haven't acheived what we have in a similar time scale.

If that was the reason why was Brighton, Cardiff and Huddersfield included who are a few years behind us in terms of timescale and why wasnt Leicester included who are one of the most comparable examples

More like he deliberately left out any clubs who have qualified for Europe in the last 5 years as it sort of ditracts from his point

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:45 pm

I don’t see any contradiction at all in what he says. He makes two points, and neither are directly lamenting the money piece.
1. The big clubs have gone for specific targets, and often failed, either because of the fee but mainly because of deal structures or personal preferences not being a fit
2. A spread of clubs, perhaps comaparable to us, who have gone for wholesale squad building rather than specific, focused targets

He talks of the “every man for himself aspect” as the frustration rather than the money being spent as his frustration, the latter being a lamented, but given thought, and the former the creeping-in complication on top

Claretmatt4

Post by Claretmatt4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:53 pm

To be honest this is the first window In Forever where we have kept hold of our best and brightest players. Dyche should probably see it as a success but he does like to harp on about finances (which I guess is understandable)

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:05 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:If that was the reason why was Brighton, Cardiff and Huddersfield included who are a few years behind us in terms of timescale and why wasnt Leicester included who are one of the most comparable examples

More like he deliberately left out any clubs who have qualified for Europe in the last 5 years as it sort of ditracts from his point
Now if we are nit picking Leicester have won the PL and played in the chamoions league (we haven’t) over the past few seasons. Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton have gained promotion and 2 of those teams survived a season in the PL whilst being one the favourites to go down. So Id say he’s spot on in what he said.

If you want to compare with teams that have played in europe we can. Man Utd who have actually qualified and won the competition we’re currently trying to get in. They struggled in the transfer window. Spurs who’ve been in the champions league a few seasons now, didn’t sign anybody. Both clubs refused to pay what the selling clubs wanted.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Claretmatt4 wrote:To be honest this is the first window In Forever where we have kept hold of our best and brightest players. Dyche should probably see it as a success but he does like to harp on about finances (which I guess is understandable)
Dyche harps on about finances because we are a self financed club - and put that up against the comments against which other clubs similar to us in the last decade and you will find that of the self financed you have

Man Utd
Spurs (care of Real Madrid)
Arsenal
and to a lesser extent
West Ham
Liverpool (care of Barcelona)

and of those we know how happy Utd, Arsenal and Hammers fans have been

even Chelsea are being more balanced in their spending of earnings rather than digging fo Roman's loose change

the last transfer window showed us that the top clubs were not prepared to lash money around unless it was absolutely the right player - Wolves and Fulham have muddied the waters money wise for the others on fees and god knows what it has done for wages (Mawson's reported £80k a week does not bode well) even Everton who are a significantly bigger revenue earner reportdly gave Kean £60k a week off a fee that was £10m greater.

Our signings have to work and the spirit in dressing room is the single most crucial aspect of that

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Dyched wrote:Now if we are nit picking Leicester have won the PL and played in the chamoions league (we haven’t) over the past few seasons. Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton have gained promotion and 2 of those teams survived a season in the PL whilst being one the favourites to go down. So Id say he’s spot on in what he said.

If you want to compare with teams that have played in europe we can. Man Utd who have actually qualified and won the competition we’re currently trying to get in. They struggled in the transfer window. Spurs who’ve been in the champions league a few seasons now, didn’t sign anybody. Both clubs refused to pay what the selling clubs wanted.
I think you've misinterpreted. The original comment used a selection of teams excluding the top 6 and Everton pointing out they hadnt achieved what we had in coming 7th and qualifying for Europe

The next poster asked why he missed out teams like Southampton and West Ham.

Sid then said it was because these were established clubs who have been in the Prem league fore years and the original poster was using clubs similar to us who have come up to the Prem League within a similar timescale and thrown money at it.

I was pointing out that actually Huddersfield, Cardiff and Brighton havent been in this League in a simialr timescale to us and that Leicester who were missed out are a much better example of a club whose come up and thrown money at it

I therefore concluded it was more likely he missed out West Ham, Southampton and Leicester because these didnt prove his point.

Im a bit confused what you think I was saying and what your post to me means. If ive misunderstood you please explain as im honestly lost by it

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:21 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:I think you've misinterpreted. The original comment used a selection of teams excluding the top 6 and Everton pointing out they hadnt achieved what we had in coming 7th and qualifying for Europe

The next poster asked why he missed out teams like Southampton and West Ham.

Sid then said it was because these were established clubs who have been in the Prem league fore years and the original poster was using clubs similar to us who have come up to the Prem League within a similar timescale and thrown money at it.

I was pointing out that actually Huddersfield, Cardiff and Brighton havent been in this League in a simialr timescale to us and that Leicester who were missed out are a much better example of a club whose come up and thrown money at it

I therefore concluded it was more likely he missed out West Ham, Southampton and Leicester because these didnt prove his point.

Im a bit confused what you think I was saying and what your post to me means. If ive misunderstood you please explain as im honestly lost by it
Maybe I should read all the comments in future. :lol: Carry on......
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:23 pm

It wasnt even my point :lol:

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:24 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Simple because they're clubs who've come up, thrown money at it and haven't acheived what we have in a similar time scale.

My argument wasn't about the clubs CC mentioned, it was about the clubs the posters I responded to mentioned......

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:26 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:It wasnt even my point :lol:
Haha sorry I wasnt disagreeing with you just the logic Sid used

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Everyone’s confused on this thread :lol:

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Dyched wrote:Everyone’s confused on this thread :lol:
This Thu/Sun football schedule is getting to us!!

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Just had a quick look at the line ups of the teams that have brought the most new players, not many have gone straight into the starting line ups.

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Saw him on the telly. Looks like he's aged about 10 years. What he's done for us so far will seem like a walk in the park compared to what he faces from here on.

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:36 pm

will people be satisfied if we "plateau"?