No Stream Thurs

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Re: No Stream Thurs

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Yep probably better than nothing so agree there but just highlighting cos cameras are there you can't just show a match like you would with a broadcaster fully producing it.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 pm

What is the reason 2br/RL don't cover the home games? I presume it's to suck fans into paying for a crap service like ClaretsPlayer?

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2167 times
Has Liked: 3100 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 pm

KRBFC wrote:What is the reason 2br/RL don't cover the home games? I presume it's to suck fans into paying for a crap service like ClaretsPlayer?
got it in one. Utter greed

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Surely Burnley will have it on claretsplayer?
What is even the point of the service if they can’t live stream certain matches, IE pre season friendlies, U23 matches and in this circumstance a match no broadcaster is willing to pick up.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:46 pm

Murger wrote:So why can't Clarets Player show it?
No idea on that one

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:52 pm

ClaretTony wrote:No idea on that one
Its hard to not put it down to one of two reasons:
1) They cant be bothered
2) They can't be sure they are competent enough to do it

Either way, you have to say it is pathetic for a club in its 3rd consecutive season as an EPL club. I don't enjoy having a go, but things like this leave me exasperated

mrgomez
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by mrgomez » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Murger wrote:So why can't Clarets Player show it?
UEFA sells the broadcasting rights of games to a single broadcaster for each country.

For example ; it was Tivibu & TRT last year for Turkey and this year it is Digiturk

Before the group stage (for qualification rounds) ; TV channels buy home games from UEFA and away games from the broadcaster in that country.

Of course there are some rules...For example ; If there are 2 teams from a country playing that week, at least one of them should be broadcasted by a "open to air TV channel". Last week 2 Turkish teams were playing (Besiktas and Basaksehir). As Besiktas game was broadcasted by a pay tv, Basaksehir game was broadcasted by an open to air channel.

So..uefa has many many procedures for broadcasting games,and it is not possible that clubs put a camera there and broadcast the game...

For the Turkish side...I am pretty sure that if ANY broadcaster at UK bought the game, one of the Turkish channels will buy the stream from them. This is what happened last years. We even watced the game at Faroe Island.
Last edited by mrgomez on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:14 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:This is a local club for local people. :roll:
And gentlemen.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:16 pm

mrgomez wrote:UEFA sells the broadcasting rights of games to a single broadcaster for each country.

For example ; it was Tivibu & TRT last year for Turkey and this year it is Digiturk

Before the group stage (for qualification rounds) ; TV channels buy home games from UEFA and away games from the broadcaster in that country.

Of course there are some rules...For example ; If there are 2 teams from a country playing that week, at least one of them should be broadcasted by a "open to air TV channel". Last week 2 Turkish teams were playing (Besiktas and Basaksehir). As Besiktas game was broadcasted by a pay tv, Basaksehir game was broadcasted by an open to air channel.

So..uefa has many many procedures for broadcasting games,and it is not possible that clubs put a camera there and broadcast the game...

For the Turkish side...I am pretty sure that if ANY broadcaster at UK bought the game, one of the Turkish channels will buy the stream from them. This is what happened last years. We even watced the game at Faroe Island.
Nope, for qualification rounds, the rights are owned by the home team

mrgomez

Post by mrgomez » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Nope, for qualification rounds, the rights are owned by the home team
not sure but afaik clubs never holds the broadcasting rights... just gets all the broadcasting income from the qualification rounds directly. but after the group stage, there is a pool and all clubs take their from there related to how far they proceed

btw...in TRT 1 TV guide there seems a silly move being broadcasted 2 times at game hours. This can be a signal. because last week it was being seem Transformers movie 2 times, and after game broadcasters were officialy assigned one of them was removed.
Last edited by mrgomez on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:31 pm

mrgomez wrote:not sure but afaik clubs never holds the broadcasting rights... just gets all the broadcasting income from the qualification rounds directly. but after the group stage, there is a pool and all clubs take their from there related to how far they proceed
Groups onwards its Uefa and the clubs get a share based on results in the main, but qualifying rounds its up the clubs. unfortunately as it seems

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:39 pm

KRBFC wrote:What is the reason 2br/RL don't cover the home games? I presume it's to suck fans into paying for a crap service like ClaretsPlayer?
2BR don't cover games because they refused to pay the same as Radio Lancs (they previously paid nothing but the club decided they weren't in the business of giving their product away for free). Radio Lancs clearly decide to cover other games more often these days.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:40 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Its hard to not put it down to one of two reasons:
1) They cant be bothered
2) They can't be sure they are competent enough to do it

Either way, you have to say it is pathetic for a club in its 3rd consecutive season as an EPL club. I don't enjoy having a go, but things like this leave me exasperated
The club are tied into a contract with a provider that have proved time and again can't deliver this type of service at a good enough level, they tried it against Preston and the system fell over. Until they can get a new provider I can't imagine them being keen to risk the backlash they'd get for trying.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 pm

deanothedino wrote:The club are tied into a contract with a provider that have proved time and again can't deliver this type of service at a good enough level, they tried it against Preston and the system fell over. Until they can get a new provider I can't imagine them being keen to risk the backlash they'd get for trying.
A contract they chose to renew with no sign of this facility becoming available? When is it up i wonder? We have been a Premier League club for 3 seasons now and deserve a product that befits that.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 pm

mrgomez wrote:not sure but afaik clubs never holds the broadcasting rights... just gets all the broadcasting income from the qualification rounds directly. but after the group stage, there is a pool and all clubs take their from there related to how far they proceed

btw...in TRT 1 TV guide there seems a silly move being broadcasted 2 times at game hours. This can be a signal. because last week it was being seem Transformers movie 2 times, and after game broadcasters were officialy assigned one of them was removed.
So do you think the game will be shown in Turkey? I’m still on holiday here!

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2936 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03 pm

If you can, gerra ticket an gerron'Turf Thursday night.
You might not see European football here again EVER!
Last edited by gawthorpe_view on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrgomez

Post by mrgomez » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:10 pm

scouseclaret wrote:So do you think the game will be shown in Turkey? I’m still on holiday here!
my past experiences show that it will be broadcasted. this is what they always did last years. can't be sure though until it is officially assigned...

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:17 pm

mrgomez wrote:my past experiences show that it will be broadcasted. this is what they always did last years. can't be sure though until it is officially assigned...
If they are taking the stream from Burnley I’d stick with the movie.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:26 pm

scouseclaret wrote:So do you think the game will be shown in Turkey? I’m still on holiday here!
No, no broadcasters have bought rights at all

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:27 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:A contract they chose to renew with no sign of this facility becoming available? When is it up i wonder? We have been a Premier League club for 3 seasons now and deserve a product that befits that.
It is available. It just doesn’t work lol

Montevideo
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by Montevideo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:43 pm

A good (visual) broadcast platform takes quite a bit of money to set up - especially if you want reliability and good definition. No platform currently exists to give an opportunity for a broadcast supporters would be happy to pay for.

That said , what would you pay for it ? If the technology was made available to UK based supporters would you pay the same price as a match ticket ? Or would you only be happy to pay less ? For a collective fan base that has embraced the early season Premier League games more readily than the Europa League games (view the ticket maps ) I don't see a realistic incentive to do it.

Given the lack of interest up to this point and the fact that , with the varying rights agreements , this opportunity only applies to this single match it does not seem practical or worthwhile . Further , Club , Manager , Players and attending fans surely all see more appeal in a full and atmospheric Turf Moor.

Perhaps too many have become too used to this 24/7 access to games (albeit frequently illegal ) that the Premier League brings.

This is not to say that there isn't an Elephant in the room that doesn't need addressing. Some previous replies have alluded to the fact that the Club's own digital broadcasting platform needs to be looked at more seriously. It definitely does.

The EFL contract with clubs to show their games on a combined and shared platform (flow TV ?? ) from this season and the decision of some of the bigger EFL clubs (plus Accrington Stanley ) to go it on their own shows one potential scenario for future broadcast rights . The move of Amazon into the market to do something similar albeit on one day with all EPL clubs (essentially EPL box office ) should further concern us.

The big boys argue that it is their presence that generates the EPL revenues from National and International broadcast rights and they want a bigger share of the pie. Champions league clubs would love the opportunity to go it alone and have a Netflix type platform for their own supporters . They would happily forego collective League contracts for their own subscription service. We have to be aware of this potential evolution in terms of :-
* Having a platform from which to broadcast
* Having the largest possible subscription audience to broadcast to - ie developing the brand.

In terms of the Basaksehir game this is not a big issue. No-one promised any indirect access to the game and , if I was the Club , would find it hard to do anything at the eleventh hour.
The future however , may be a very different ball game .

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:17 am

Nah it's nothing whatsoever to do with money required to set up the broadcast. There's always cameras there. It's just about rights in the UK.

BT aren't required to make a big show out of every game, have punditry and presentation. All they need is a remote commentator and a live stream like TRT1 had in Turkey.

But they'll continue with their UHD channel and broadcasting their non league games in UHD.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:34 am

superdimitri wrote:Nah it's nothing whatsoever to do with money required to set up the broadcast. There's always cameras there. It's just about rights in the UK.

BT aren't required to make a big show out of every game, have punditry and presentation. All they need is a remote commentator and a live stream like TRT1 had in Turkey.

But they'll continue with their UHD channel and broadcasting their non league games in UHD.
There's not always cameras there. There's only cameras there if someone buys the rights. Every PL game has cameras because someone owns the rights. League Cup games don't necessarily have cameras. There will be someone there recording the game but it's not necessarily a team that are capable of a live broadcast.

For the club to do this on their own there would be a cost, it wouldn't be small, and then the platform may not be able to handle the demand anyway and it would have all been for nothing.

Also, plenty of people were asking the club on twitter to provide the stream for free. Why would they do that?

clitheroeclaret2
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by clitheroeclaret2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:39 am

gawthorpe_view wrote:If you can, gerra ticket an gerron'Turf Thursday night.
You might not European football here again EVER!
Correct, cant believe anyone local cant find £15 for this. Could be some really big European nights to follow similar to the early 60`s

One day hopefully, for fans who live further afield, there will be a ppv option.
This user liked this post: chekhov

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:40 am

They must have some form of.cameras there for higlights

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:41 am

If the cameras there are just for recording and not transmitting a signal, then nobody outside of Turf Moor will see any live action on Thursday

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:43 am

As a previouse poster said

If you can get a ticket get one

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 am

I'm well aware the difference between broadcasting for highlights versus live but transmission aside there really isn't that much to do. If TRT1 in Turkey can afford a basic stream with one commentator, no studio presentation crap then BT can too. All they have to send is a van with one or two guys inside.

They just choose not to because they don't want to send Jake Humphrey et al for a fixture no one cares about.

Would be wildly different if we were a big city club like Leeds.

And yes, it's relative. Everton struggled with televised games but that's because they are almost exclusively in the competition each year.

Besides, the game is being televised and those that are lucky enough to go with probably see said broadcast truck parked behind the James Hargreaves stand.

Anyone wise will be looking for a IPTV provider with Israeli TV right now, if they can't go of course.

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:50 am

gawthorpe_view wrote:If you can, gerra ticket an gerron'Turf Thursday night.
You might not European football here again EVER!
I hadn’t thought of that !
This user liked this post: gawthorpe_view

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:02 am

superdimitri wrote: Besides, the game is being televised and those that are lucky enough to go with probably see said broadcast truck parked behind the James Hargreaves stand.

Anyone wise will be looking for a IPTV provider with Israeli TV right now, if they can't go of course.
I don't know how many times this needs to be said but according to Darren Bentley on twitter the game is not being broadcast at all. Not in the UK, not in Turkey, not in Israel.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:06 am

deanothedino wrote:I don't know how many times this needs to be said but according to Darren Bentley on twitter the game is not being broadcast at all. Not in the UK, not in Turkey, not in Israel.
If Bentley told me that it was snowing outside, I would go out and check.
These 2 users liked this post: The Enclosure theroyaldyche

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:13 am

claretandy wrote:If Bentley told me that it was snowing outside, I would go out and check.
I don't think snow has to request press passes off him though

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:04 am

deanothedino wrote:It is available. It just doesn’t work lol
Well surely if they are not providing a product that they are contracted to provide then Burnley can cancel the contract and go elsewhere.....at least you would think so.......or...maybe Burnley just cannot be arsed doing it.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:58 am

Yeah, and it's been proved plenty of times before that Bentley knows the square root of **** all. He's payed by the club to tow the party line, whether it's correct or not.

Paulclaret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Paulclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:59 pm

For those criticising the club for the game not being on TV, perhaps they should check their facts.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... snt-on-tv/

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2936 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Paulclaret wrote:For those criticising the club for the game not being on TV, perhaps they should check their facts.

Seems fair enough to me, why pay 'a significant six figure sum' whilst knowing it was free for anyone with a broadband connection.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:39 pm

So, we are cutting our nose off to spite our face and not providing a stream for our own supporters who can't make it because the Turkish end weren't co-operative?

Wonderful, well done Burnley. All the dignity and class of a teenage girl after a holiday romance gone sour

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:46 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:So, we are cutting our nose off to spite our face and not providing a stream for our own supporters who can't make it because the Turkish end weren't co-operative?

Wonderful, well done Burnley. All the dignity and class of a teenage girl after a holiday romance gone sour
Id hardly class upsetting a few whiny fans as cutting our noses off

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Paulclaret wrote:For those criticising the club for the game not being on TV, perhaps they should check their facts.

So basically it's tit for tat. How grown up and mature of them.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Don't forget the "six figure sum" eh?

Oh hang on, that wouldn't fit the agenda that certain posters persist with, would it?
This user liked this post: simonclaret

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Id hardly class upsetting a few whiny fans as cutting our noses off
Agree, it's only a handful of people who cannot make the game.
The rest have to make a choice, if the choice of watching Burnley falls behind other priorities, then it isn't the clubs fault.

It's like complaining you can't Jet ski at the drop of a hat, when you've chosen to live in stoke.
You've got to accept, the water won't ever come to you.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:53 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Don't forget the "six figure sum" eh?

Oh hang on, that wouldn't fit the agenda that certain posters persist with, would it?

Some who live local and can't be arsed as well.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Yeah, but I don't want to criticise people who might have genuine reasons why they can't get to the ground.

I'm only ok on thursday because its the school hols and the kids stuff isn't on, but thursdays might be an issue the further we progress.

I feel for Dan in Prague to be honest, but there are not that many in the same boat as he is.

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Don't forget the "six figure sum" eh?

Zzzzzzzzz. What agenda would that be?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:06 pm

Well, as you neglected to mention the rather important point of the "six figure fee" to have a go.........

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Its fifteen quid for adults, a fiver for kids and its an European game.

Unless you are working, skint or on holiday, I just can't see how we are not selling out the home ends btw

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:10 pm

I'm glad the club didn't pay the 6 figure sum, the youtube stream was perfect.

It would of been 100k plus to listen to Clarets player commentary on with the same camera angles etc..

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:14 pm

superdimitri wrote:http://sport1.maariv.co.il/Broadcast-schedule

Officially listed in Israel.

Always liked Israel. Good people there.

See Corbyn?! How can Netanyahu be bad if Israel's broadcasting the game?! Fkin lefties.

chekhov
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 1522 times

Post by chekhov » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I feel for Dan in Prague to be honest
I wouldn't worry too much about Dan in Prague. He can still listen to live commentary, and if he's really that passionate he can live a bit closer to Turf Moor. This is really a new thing whereby we expect to be able to watch every game live wherever we are in the world. In the old days we had nothing apart from what we could glean from the world service!

chekhov
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 1522 times

Post by chekhov » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Its fifteen quid for adults, a fiver for kids and its an European game.

Unless you are working, skint or on holiday, I just can't see how we are not selling out the home ends btw
Folk just waiting for that elusive live stream so they can watch illegally from their laptops while sat at home in Brierfield?