No Stream Thurs

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Re: No Stream Thurs

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:02 pm

chekhov wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about Dan in Prague. He can still listen to live commentary, and if he's really that passionate he can live a bit closer to Turf Moor. This is really a new thing whereby we expect to be able to watch every game live wherever we are in the world. In the old days we had nothing apart from what we could glean from the world service!
Aye! Bugger me for expecting an organisation with a 100m plus turnover and 3 years in the Prem to have a competent way of streaming only the 2nd European home tie in over 50 years.

What a prat eh?
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:09 pm

chekhov wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about Dan in Prague. He can still listen to live commentary, and if he's really that passionate he can live a bit closer to Turf Moor. This is really a new thing whereby we expect to be able to watch every game live wherever we are in the world. In the old days we had nothing apart from what we could glean from the world service!
You're trolling. You just have to be to post such complete ********.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Murger wrote:You're trolling. You just have to be to post such complete ********.
Aye, not to mention i was at the Turf for the Aberdeen home leg, but i have only so much annual leave / spare cash.....

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:16 pm

The Enclosure wrote:Making sure they sell more tickets....good move but not for fans who live a long way off
Should European games be treated any differently than the Premier league though? There are the same fans who can't get to the Turf for a PL match.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Heaven forbid they think, "hey, we are doing great, let's show that to people who maybe haven't been down for a bit"

Seems like the club couldn't even spell PR at times, nevermind deliver any.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1240 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Paulclaret wrote:For those criticising the club for the game not being on TV, perhaps they should check their facts.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... snt-on-tv/
The facts are:

I travelled to Istanbul to watch the first leg live at a personal cost of north of £600
I cannot make the 500 mile round trip for the 2nd leg due to other commitments
Aberdeen streamed their home game with us on their tv channel
We cannot facilitate anything for our own supporters who, like me, cannot make it this week

Basically, this is not good enough and another indicator of the club taking it’s fans for granted. Like when they faffed around with the ticket allocations for Istanbul meaning my trip was more costly than it should have been. Like when they don’t even acknowledge people paying into their lottery for 20 years when they announce ticket allocations. Like when they leave it until the last minute to confirm supporter meeting points in Istanbul meaning supporters either book hotels miles away or risk not booking anywhere to stay until the last minute. There is no excuse when you have 10 days between a draw and the match to be better prepared. The first team are premier league and the club infrastructure is non league.

Now we are blaming the Turkish side....
This user liked this post: ZizkovClaret

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:40 pm

I'm starting to suspect that the phrase "six figure sum" is only able to be read by people in the North Lancashire region............

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I'm starting to suspect that the phrase "six figure sum" is only able to be read by people in the North Lancashire region............
Surely £1999.99 can be read by anyone, and it's not like it's that much cash ;-)
Not even a poor Burnley man's monthly wage

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I'm starting to suspect that the phrase "six figure sum" is only able to be read by people in the North Lancashire region............
I start to suspect certain departments make things up as they go along so i take certain statements with a pinch of salt

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:44 pm

The six figure sum was for the away game. We have thrown our toys out of the pram because of this. The six figure sum is irrelevant to our home game where we have the rights. We are just being childish about it as far as I can see and at the detriment of probably more of our fans than theirs given their home attendances

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:50 pm

That is not what is being said if we can attempt to be fair.

I get it, you can't go, you want to be able to watch it on a stream.

If the club could make money out of it, then I'm sure they would do it, but they have done the numbers and realise that they would lose money and it would set a precedent that they could be effectively blackmailed by other clubs who just see "Premier League team" and want to cash in.

I know this is a forum for opinions, but some of this is a bit too far surely?

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Penny wise, pound foolish. They know the cost of everything and value of f all

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:Another joke by the club.

I’ve travelled 5000 miles in the last few days and won’t be able to watch from my home where I’m being rested....
I'm having problems with my TV remote

Its "touch and go" so it might be a couple of months before I can return to viewing.

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:That is not what is being said if we can attempt to be fair.

I get it, you can't go, you want to be able to watch it on a stream.

If the club could make money out of it, then I'm sure they would do it, but they have done the numbers and realise that they would lose money and it would set a precedent that they could be effectively blackmailed by other clubs who just see "Premier League team" and want to cash in.

I know this is a forum for opinions, but some of this is a bit too far surely?
You mentioned the 6 figure sum. What is being said is excuses and there is nothing unfair about what I have said. If they could make money why not do it you say. I’m sure the Turkish club would have agreed a lower amount for our home leg (just because they wanted 6 figures doesn’t mean we can’t charge them 5 figures). Ultimately the club need to think outside the box more and get an infrastructure to match the team.

Sean Dyche is always talking about the team improving and we see it clearly. It’s about time the club acknowledged administrative improvements and made that happen too.

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:57 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:I'm having problems with my TV remote

Its "touch and go" so it might be a couple of months before I can return to viewing.
Hilarious. I’m guessing you were in Istanbul too

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Imagine some peoples horror if you told them that until recently unless you went to a Burnley game you didn't see it. Now they want it for free and sent to their living room and if they don't theclub is out of touch and doesn't care.

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:01 pm

I don’t remember saying I want anything for free. In fact I paid Aberdeen 6 quid the other week. It’s about having the option

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:02 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Imagine some peoples horror if you told them that until recently unless you went to a Burnley game you didn't see it. Now they want it for free and sent to their living room and if they don't theclub is out of touch and doesn't care.
Its called progress. Aberdeen have managed it
This user liked this post: pauliopaulio

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:08 pm

I don't see what more the club can do to be honest. We don't have our own media team capable of streaming a match live at the moment. This isn't a cheap thing to do and they would need to balance the financial outlay vs the popularity of Clarets Player for example.

The away leg wasn't streamed at the Turf because we wouldn't stump up at least £100,000 to show it. Fair enough. Why pay that when you can watch it on You Tube for free!?

If we get through on Thursday then I expect the Olympiakos games will both be televised as they're a much bigger draw to neutrals than Istanbul.

We live in an age where we expect to watch every game live and sometimes that's not possible. I'm not saying it's acceptable, but it's the truth!
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret deanothedino

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Better put that I could manage jlup1980

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 pm

jlup1980 wrote:I don't see what more the club can do to be honest. We don't have our own media team capable of streaming a match live at the moment. This isn't a cheap thing to do and they would need to balance the financial outlay vs the popularity of Clarets Player for example.
They could contact Aberdeen to find out how to show a live match. Hard to argue the cost issue given that a club with less than 10% of our turnover can do it.

Oh and Clarets Player should have been ditched years ago as it is still as embarrassingly bad as it ever was. I tried to listen to the friendly the other week and the commentary didn’t work. So our premier league club cannot provide basic audio to people that have paid a subscription.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:21 pm

I've still not had a reply from the club as to what went wrong with the Preston game.... Some people at the club are out of their depth unfortunately
This user liked this post: Hibsclaret

Reckoner
Been Liked: 124 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Reckoner » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Setting up the ability to live stream matches independently is going to be costly and not straight forward. As the Prston game probably showed. Aberdeen have had a number of years of pre group stage European ties where selling a stream is permitted under the contractual terms of the competition. The Istanbul home game would be the first time it has been a viable option for Burnley in a competitive match and the fact that a broadcaster didn't pick up the tie would only have been known for a week. I think complaining is unreasonable this year - if we qualify for the competition again maybe you could say steps can be taken.

Istanbul ticketing, online ticketing, the Foundation Membership etc, however, I agree have been a shambles and this is down to poor judgment and a lack of competence generally by those making key decisions (not the staff who couldn't be more helpful). Ticketing has been an ongoing problem since we first made the Premier League and should have been sorted long before now.

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2939 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:50 pm

chekhov wrote:Folk just waiting for that elusive live stream so they can watch illegally from their laptops while sat at home in Brierfield?
Brierfield? Seriously?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1435 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Teasdale out
This user liked this post: gawthorpe_view

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:They could contact Aberdeen to find out how to show a live match. Hard to argue the cost issue given that a club with less than 10% of our turnover can do it.

Oh and Clarets Player should have been ditched years ago as it is still as embarrassingly bad as it ever was. I tried to listen to the friendly the other week and the commentary didn’t work. So our premier league club cannot provide basic audio to people that have paid a subscription.
I'm guessing a lot of lower league clubs could do it as they are able to sell the rights to all their games outside the Uk. As a result they get a steady revenue stream to do this and so have the infrastructure and in house media team on their payroll.

Burnley on the other hand don't have the rights to sell and host any of their games (till now) so do not need the infrastructure and aren't gonna pay a team of people to do nothing.

It's unfortunate and an exceptional situation but the cost for Burnley to bring on board a full production team and find somewhere to host it at such short notice would be ridiculously expensive and probably very difficult to organise.

I feel for those who can't get to the game and my assumption would have been every game would be streamed somewhere but it looks like this Isis gonna be an absolute one off so people just need to suck it up

aggi
Been Liked: 2122 times

Post by aggi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:11 pm

Paulclaret wrote:For those criticising the club for the game not being on TV, perhaps they should check their facts.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... snt-on-tv/
That's the away game though, nothing to do with this Thursday.

If the club really wanted to they should be able to screen it. If they don't have the capability to do the mixing themselves then there are plenty of freelance companies that can. If the view is that will cost more than the money generated (and that is important to them) then they could say that.

If the issue is that Clarets Player can't cope then there are various alternative platforms that could. If they are tied into clarets player and that can't cope with a basic requirement like live streaming a match then they should probably stop renewing their contract with them.

I don't think anyone is complaining about it not being on TV, but there is no reason why it could not be streamed so it would be nice for the club to explain why they opted not to.

Like a fair few others, I can't afford the couple of days holiday to get up to Burnley and back, particularly having done it a few weeks ago.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2034 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:21 pm

If we had a Media team made up of more than one guy, his wife and a couple of work experience guys, we might be able to film it ourselves for Clarets player subscribers. Manage to film reserve games at the turf so not as if it is that difficult. I’d gladly film it for the free of charge if it helped!

chekhov
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 1526 times

Post by chekhov » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Foshiznik wrote:If we had a Media team made up of more than one guy, his wife and a couple of work experience guys, we might be able to film it ourselves for Clarets player subscribers. Manage to film reserve games at the turf so not as if it is that difficult. I’d gladly film it for the free of charge if it helped!
I don't understand why you feel the club should be obliged to screen a home game for which they presumably want to encourage as many as possible to pay to come and see.

pureclaret
Been Liked: 435 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by pureclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:15 pm

My understanding is any media screening has to be agreed by both clubs.
And any associated tv rights shared, as no media here wants to pay to screen it, And we don't want to pay Istanbul £100,000 for this weeks too.
Then guess anyone wanting to watching the game needs to attend. Kind of tough but as we dont make much from the game if anything, then id rather we dont lose even more just so it is screened for a few.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 pm

pureclaret wrote:My understanding is any media screening has to be agreed by both clubs.
And any associated tv rights shared, as no media here wants to pay to screen it, And we don't want to pay Istanbul £100,000 for this weeks too.
Then guess anyone wanting to watching the game needs to attend. Kind of tough but as we dont make much from the game if anything, then id rather we dont lose even more just so it is screened for a few.
Nope, the home team holds all the rights for that game. We had nothing to do with the TRT screening on their channel, although why they couldnt have just stuck that feed on the screen is beyond me. surely the associated price could have been sorted with beer sales etc (i dont buy the 6 figures argument, sorry)

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Its listed on isreal hd 1 as being shown . Celtic was shown live on there tonight

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Reecey1987 wrote:Its listed on isreal hd 1 as being shown . Celtic was shown live on there tonight
listed on liveon sat, but their actual channel listing shows the sunderland game sadly

Reecey1987

Post by Reecey1987 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:30 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:listed on liveon sat, but their actual channel listing shows the sunderland game sadly
Surely there will be a live stream somewere . Just have to check on the day i suppose

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Just strap a go pro to Berties head
This user liked this post: Longsider

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2034 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 pm

chekhov wrote:I don't understand why you feel the club should be obliged to screen a home game for which they presumably want to encourage as many as possible to pay to come and see.
The same reason Aberdeen streamed their home game on their own media source. They can charge us what they want then. I would happily pay it as an Claret exile.

mrgomez
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by mrgomez » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:36 pm

hey...you guys made it really complicated...

im really really sure that "the clubs dont hold the broadcasting rights" . UEFA sells broadcasting rights to media companies and clubs has nothing to do with that.

(example : https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Do ... WNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Digiturk (beinsports) holds the TV rights in Turkey for European League (2018-2021) But as digiturk is not open to air, they had to accompany with TRT (Turkey's goverment TV. something like BBC).

And digiturk would sell the first round with pleasure, if any media company from UK or other country had paid the price. But it seems noone interested.

Now just the opposite. A Turkish media company must pay "2018/2021 UEFA Broadcasting Rights holder" media company at UK, so we will be able to watch the game in Turkey.

check this. this is the previous media right holders for UEFA ;

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Do ... WNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by mrgomez on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:37 pm

mrgomez wrote:hey...you guys made it really complicated...

im really really sure that "the clubs dont hold the broadcasting rights" . UEFA sells broadcasting rights to media companies and clubs has nothing to do with that.

(example : https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Do ... WNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Digiturk (beinsports) holds the TV rights in Turkey for European League (2018-2021) But as digiturk is not open to air, they had to accompany with TRT (Turkey's goverment TV. something like BBC).

And digiturk would sell the first round with pleasure, if any media company had paid the price. But it seems noone interested.

Now just the opposite. A Turkish media company must pay "2018/2021 UEFA Broadcasting Rights holder" media company at UK, so we will be able to watch the game in Turkey.
your info is for group stage onwards. this is qualifying rounds

Reecey1987

Post by Reecey1987 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Foshiznik wrote:The same reason Aberdeen streamed their home game on their own media source. They can charge us what they want then. I would happily pay it as an Claret exile.
Agreed

mrgomez
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by mrgomez » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:41 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:your info is for group stage onwards. this is qualifying rounds
only different for qualifying round is money distrubution. nothing more...

UEFA has really really very high criterias for broadcasting, they even does not accept some of the media groups without decent standarts.

my club (besiktas) has a pretty good HD tv channel.

http://www.bjk.com.tr/tr/bjktv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

even this channel is far away from UEFA standarts.
Last edited by mrgomez on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chekhov

Post by chekhov » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Foshiznik wrote:The same reason Aberdeen streamed their home game on their own media source. They can charge us what they want then. I would happily pay it as an Claret exile.
Okay fair do's if it's pay per view. But would there really be enough take-ups to make it viable. I suspect not, bearing in mind it would probably get illegally streamed by someone or other.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1448 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Not taking sides in this one, even though I’d love to see it. For all those who paid for redtv you wasted your money, it was free on youtube. This is exactly what would happen if it was live on claretsplayer. The extra take up from Clarets abroad would not justify the outlay and some geek would then stream it for free.
As mentioned so often in the thread are media output is shocking and I’m not having a pop at any individual. Work is definitely needed there.
It will be on claretsplayer on Saturday for those who care.
This user liked this post: gawthorpe_view

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 pm

piston broke wrote: As mentioned so often in the thread are media output is shocking and I’m not having a pop at any individual. Work is definitely needed there.
It will be on claretsplayer on Saturday for those who care.
Understaffed because it’s believed that the media department should make a profit, despite the fact that most of the advantages of the media department will come from income sources not directly attributed to the media team.

Oshkoshclaret
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by Oshkoshclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote: It's unfortunate and an exceptional situation but the cost for Burnley to bring on board a full production team and find somewhere to host it at such short notice would be ridiculously expensive and probably very difficult
I regularly deliver livestream programming to an audience behind a paywall with an audio feed and a 3 camera setup. I guarantee you it is neither expensive nor difficult. But first you have to want to do it.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3189 times
Has Liked: 1870 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:18 pm

Reecey1987 wrote:Surely there will be a live stream somewere . Just have to check on the day i suppose
There won’t be a live stream because nobody is broadcasting it.
The only cameras there will be the club ones, who will then distribute any footage, online or to other media outlets, after the game

NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:01 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Imagine some peoples horror if you told them that until recently unless you went to a Burnley game you didn't see it. Now they want it for free and sent to their living room and if they don't theclub is out of touch and doesn't care.
They've never had or will have the experience of celebrating a last minute winner on ceefax (York). Or come to think of it , coming from 1-0 to beat Shrewsbury in FAC. The agony of the page 1/3.

I blame the club for denying those fans of the experience of watching a game on ceefax.

aggi
Been Liked: 2122 times

Post by aggi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:57 am

Realistically the club would be unlikely to make a profit if they streamed the match. The costs of cameras, vision mixer, distribution platform, subscription management, etc would outweigh the number of exiles who'd probably pay a fiver for the match (given the tiny appeal to the Istanbul fans).

What would be nice would be the club being honest and explaining that rather than hoping fans don't notice that these ga6 can be streamed and asking why it isn't happening.

AshevilleNCClaret
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by AshevilleNCClaret » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:01 am

wilks_bfc wrote:There won’t be a live stream because nobody is broadcasting it.
The only cameras there will be the club ones, who will then distribute any footage, online or to other media outlets, after the game
we still have the mythical stream on the israel site. ...

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3189 times
Has Liked: 1870 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 am

AshevilleNCClaret wrote:we still have the mythical stream on the israel site. ...

Maybe somebody is going to sit in the JHU FaceTiming the game on his phone to his mate in Tel Aviv then

chekhov

Post by chekhov » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:46 am

aggi wrote:Realistically the club would be unlikely to make a profit if they streamed the match. The costs of cameras, vision mixer, distribution platform, subscription management, etc would outweigh the number of exiles who'd probably pay a fiver for the match (given the tiny appeal to the Istanbul fans).

What would be nice would be the club being honest and explaining that rather than hoping fans don't notice that these ga6 can be streamed and asking why it isn't happening.
Why would the club be obliged to explain something that isn't happening? Furthermore it is something they have never done nor expressed an intention to do.