Joe Worrall

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Joe Worrall

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:41 am

Strange one this. The defender we reportedly bid 10 million for in January is available on loan according to Karanka. He is being kept out by Danny Fox our ex full back who is now playing centre half and turning in some fantastic performances according to their fans

Good that he is wanting him to get games but find it amazing that a Championship club with money issues until the new guy came in can loan out top prospects.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... an-1893305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Re: Joe Worrall

Post by agreenwood » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:56 am

Forest pretty much sum up modern football. They’ve got a great academy, but the fans of theirs who are giddy about the current owner and his investment in overseas players, are the same ones who’ll be complaining about the dearth of English talent at the next World Cup.

Ben Brereton also looks like a promising talent, but is no longer getting a look in.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Watched Notts Forrest v WBA last week on TV. The Forrest defence contained Darikwa & Fox...................shudder.

Darikwa looked like his first touch and passing had deteriorated.

TopCat
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by TopCat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:36 pm

At £10 million we should be back in for him in January.
Let it be known now and agree a deal, then give him some game time with a loan.
He could very well be Tark's replacement because I can't see him being here next season.
He is every bit as good as Maguire.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32235 times
Has Liked: 5252 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:06 pm

NL Claret wrote:Darikwa looked like his first touch and passing had deteriorated.
Bloody hell, is that possible?

They've since signed a right back on loan.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:12 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Bloody hell, is that possible?

They've since signed a right back on loan.

This should allow Darikwa to play in his correct position of right winger, or so the myth goes.

Dublin7Claret
Been Liked: 65 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by Dublin7Claret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:26 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:This should allow Darikwa to play in his correct position of right winger, or so the myth goes.
Imagine a midfield of Darikwa on the right, Taylor on the left, with Tarks and Edgar in the middle :twisted:

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Dublin7Claret wrote:Imagine a midfield of Darikwa on the right, Taylor on the left, with Tarks and Edgar in the middle :twisted:
Exactly! A near miss! :o

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Darikwa did a job for us and played a key role in our title winning team. Never understood the anymosity toward him. The only thing he was guilty of was not being as good as lowton and trippier - our best two right backs in 30 plus years.
These 5 users liked this post: chekhov Colburn_Claret CoolClaret KRBFC claretgoss

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:26 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Darikwa did a job for us and played a key role in our title winning team. Never understood the anymosity toward him. The only thing he was guilty of was not being as good as lowton and trippier - our best two right backs in 30 plus years.
What would Ian Wright say?

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:37 pm

NL Claret wrote:Watched Notts Forrest v WBA last week on TV. The Forrest defence contained Darikwa & Fox...................shudder.

Darikwa looked like his first touch and passing had deteriorated.

I watched that game and thought Darikwa was excellent in the first half. In the second half as WBA got back into it, he made one or two panicky passes and lost possession a couple of times. Overall though he did OK.

People love to weigh in on an ex-player. He started our promotion season off really well and kept Lowton out for a long spell. Admittedly Lowton replacing him did seem overdue by the time it eventually happened after a poor display at 'boro. He did OK for us.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Cubanclaret wrote:I watched that game and thought Darikwa was excellent in the first half. In the second half as WBA got back into it, he made one or two panicky passes and lost possession a couple of times. Overall though he did OK.

People love to weigh in on an ex-player. He started our promotion season off really well and kept Lowton out for a long spell. Admittedly Lowton replacing him did seem overdue by the time it eventually happened after a poor display at 'boro. He did OK for us.
Agree, Darikwa looked at least adequate defensively and got forward well. He was raw with us but has probably matured.

I was impressed with Fox too - nothing spectacular but solid.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:06 pm

Cubanclaret wrote:I watched that game and thought Darikwa was excellent in the first half. In the second half as WBA got back into it, he made one or two panicky passes and lost possession a couple of times. Overall though he did OK.

People love to weigh in more on current players and there are some extreme love ins on ex players.

Darikwa from the first competitive game looked suspect for me. I never weigh in on players , there's simply some who I don't rate and Derek falls into that category.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32235 times
Has Liked: 5252 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 am

NL Claret wrote:People love to weigh in more on current players and there are some extreme love ins on ex players.

Darikwa from the first competitive game looked suspect for me. I never weigh in on players , there's simply some who I don't rate and Derek falls into that category.
I think we hit the panic button a little bit when Lowton picked up the injury at Fleetwood in pre-season and we knew it was going to be a few weeks. Darikwa had played well against us a few days earlier. Interestingly, he signed when McParland was here and it was McParland who took him to Forest.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:01 am

I liked Darikwa and at one point he should of replaced Lowton but since that sticky spell Lowton has come on leaps and bounds and been like a modern day Dennis Irwin for us.

That cross for the Vokes goal at Arsenal will never be forgotton though. If it ever all clicks for Darikwa he will be a special player.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:22 am

See our neighbours down the road are in for Ben Brereton from Forest.

Bizarre what the new owners at Forest are doing if we are being honest.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:53 am

Well he had his chance to move to the Prem as an understudy to Tarkowski, but both club and player thought it best for him to stay. Now he’s being kept out of the squad by a duo of Michael Dawson and Michael Hefele :lol: :lol:

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:56 am

TopCat wrote:At £10 million we should be back in for him in January.
I don’t see why we should. Aside from the fact Forest have proven themselves a nightmare to deal with (whether that be their fault or ours), I just don’t see where he fits in. We have Dunne, our own prospect, who I’d much rather see us develop. We even have Kevin Long still so we’re not short on basic back up.
These 2 users liked this post: turfytopper Goobs