Buying match tickets without a Clarets Number

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LlandennyClaret
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Buying match tickets without a Clarets Number

Post by LlandennyClaret » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:56 pm

I’m assuming there are certain games where you can purchase match tickets without a Clarets Number?

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Re: Buying match tickets without a Clarets Number

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:01 pm

LlandennyClaret wrote:I’m assuming there are certain games where you can purchase match tickets without a Clarets Number?
Yes. I wanted to set up a clarets number for my brother, but I was told it wasn't possible at the moment.

In the end, I had to buy tickets on my own clarets number.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:03 pm

LlandennyClaret wrote:I’m assuming there are certain games where you can purchase match tickets without a Clarets Number?
Nope, as far as I'm aware every purchase needs a Clarets number, whether it's your own, or on someone else's.
This user liked this post: Leisure

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Currently new accounts are suspended for obvious reasons but once lifted you will have one set up when you buy a ticket for the first time.

LlandennyClaret

Post by LlandennyClaret » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks Tony. Asking for a friend. :)

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:39 pm

How does a first timer buy a ticket then

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2977 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:46 pm

Grumps wrote:How does a first timer buy a ticket then
At the moment he can't, because it's closed to new members to prevent supporters of the clubs we are playing in the Europa cup from "sneaking in" :)

It will be resurrected after tomorrow I would think for a short while.

The only way currently is through a friend who has a clarets number.

lagerbilly
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by lagerbilly » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:07 am

My mate bought 8 tickets this week for family members who are visiting. All in his own clarets number

tybfc
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:21 am

lagerbilly wrote:My mate bought 8 tickets this week for family members who are visiting. All in his own clarets number
Good effort and that's how it should be if there are no restrictions on points etc.

LlandennyClaret

Post by LlandennyClaret » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:30 am

Shouldn’t we be encouraging new supporters to obtain their own Clarets number though?

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:31 am

LlandennyClaret wrote:Shouldn’t we be encouraging new supporters to obtain their own Clarets number though?
Not if they're Turkish
These 3 users liked this post: Spike Leisure deanothedino

tybfc
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:32 am

How can they if the Club have put a ban on new fans setting up accounts?
This user liked this post: tim_noone

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:46 am

lagerbilly wrote:My mate bought 8 tickets this week for family members who are visiting. All in his own clarets number

How many of em are turks?

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:49 am

I have bought two tickets for family members under my CN

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:04 pm

So far as I've experienced:

For non-European games you can buy multiple tickets under your own Clarets Number.
For European games each ticket must have a different Clarets Number.
Without a Clarets Number you can't buy anything (but you can register online for a Clarets Number at the moment, although I would note that the website security isn't great, make sure you use a unique password for it).

This is from my experience of actually buying tickets, obviously the ticket office told me something else when I phoned up to check how sales worked.

Burnleyliam
Been Liked: 21 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Burnleyliam » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:26 pm

aggi wrote:So far as I've experienced:

For non-European games you can buy multiple tickets under your own Clarets Number.
For European games each ticket must have a different Clarets Number.
Without a Clarets Number you can't buy anything (but you can register online for a Clarets Number at the moment, although I would note that the website security isn't great, make sure you use a unique password for it).

This is from my experience of actually buying tickets, obviously the ticket office told me something else when I phoned up to check how sales worked.
Aberdeen game was limited to 2 per clarets number, however you can have as many as you like tonight

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:38 pm

The ticket office sometimes show common sense.

I got my two lads Claret numbers before a Blackburn game when they weren't allowing new issues.

They were 8 and 10 though.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:01 pm

LlandennyClaret wrote:Shouldn’t we be encouraging new supporters to obtain their own Clarets number though?
We should but we can't because of the Europa League - we can only sell tickets to people with a purchase history.

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Burnleyliam wrote:Aberdeen game was limited to 2 per clarets number, however you can have as many as you like tonight
It was definitely only 1 per Clarets Number when I bought mine for Aberdeen. I tried to buy two on one and got an error (although I suspect the goalposts are constantly being moved). I guess tonight may have changed due to the low risk of away fans.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12496 times

Post by Leisure » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:27 pm

ClaretTony wrote:We should but we can't because of the Europa League - we can only sell tickets to people with a purchase history.
Which seems a stupid Europa League rule, as someone can then buy tickets for just anyone! Don't really see the logic behind it, other than the club will know who bought tickets but not who they bought them for.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Grumps wrote:How does a first timer buy a ticket then
I was thinking the same thing. If you're not going to allow 'walk ons' how does it go for new (potentially) fans and indeed those who go rarely due to other commitments? The whole system isn't exactly geared to getting new fans is it? I could understand it if the ground was full every or even most weeks but mostly it isn't.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12496 times

Post by Leisure » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:37 pm

From the club website under Tickets / First Time Fan

To Purchase Tickets

Tickets can be purchased from the Ticket Office at Turf Moor (Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX), by phone on our ticket line 0844 8071882, or you can purchase tickets online.

Purchasing tickets online at http://www.claretsstore.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To purchase tickets online you will first need to register your details. To Register click ‘Join’ (top right hand corner of the claretsstore.com home page). Fill in all your required details (please use a password you will remember, as you will need this to log-in in future). Once you have correctly filled in all your details you will be given the option to purchase home matches.

Click the link to go directly to home matches, or scroll over the ‘Tickets Tab’ on the claretsstore.com homepage and click on ‘home games’. A full list of games you can purchase tickets for will then be displayed.

Click on the match you would like to purchase for and you will be given two options.

Option 1: Choose your seat. From here you can choose the individual seats you would like to purchase from the stadium plan. Choose which seats you would like and then click ‘Buy Tickets’

Option 2: Choose an area. From here you choose an area of the ground you would like to sit and the system will assign you seats. Click ‘Buy Tickets’

You will then reach the checkout. Please check your purchase is correct, choose your method of fulfilment (either collection or post), and click ‘Checkout’. Simply enter your credit/debit card details as requested. Your tickets will then either be available from the Turf Moor ticket office for collection or posted out to you as you requested.

PLEASE NOTE: On matchdays online tickets for collection will be available from the Ticket Collection Point, in the Elite Training Centre (in the North Car Park), not at the Ticket Office.

Purchasing multiple tickets online at http://www.claretsstore.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you wish to buy two or more tickets which are for a different price band, that person's number must be attached to yours within the 'Family & Friends' menu.

Once the extra person(s) have been selected from the drop-down box, click 'Update Basket' at the bottom of the page. This will then apply the correct price(s).

Purchasing tickets from the Ticket Office

The Turf Moor Ticket Office is open from 9am - 5pm Monday-Friday and from 9am - 12:30pm on Saturdays (Non-matchdays). The Ticket Office is also open from 9am – kick-off on matchdays

As a new fan, staff at the ticket office will firstly ask you for some simple contact details (Name, Address, Contact Number, Email Address, DoB, etc) and then provide you with a ‘Clarets Number’. This is your personal fan number and will allow you to build up ‘Clarets Points’ every time you make a purchase in the future.

You will then be able to choose the area of Turf Moor you would like to sit, and be asked for a method of payment. Burnley Football Club accepts cash and most major credit/debit cards (excluding American Express). The ticket office staff will then print your matchday ticket and hand it to you for use on matchday

Purchasing tickets over the phone

Tickets can be purchased on 0844 807 1882, (Option 1 for home tickets) Monday-Friday from 8am - 6pm.

As a new fan the staff at the ticket office will firstly ask you for some simple contact details (Name, Address, Contact Number, Email Address, DoB, etc) and then provide you with a ‘Clarets Number’.

This is your personal fan number and will allow you to build up Clarets points. You will then be able to choose the area of Turf Moor you would like to sit, and will asked for a method of payment.

Only Credit/Debit card payments can be made on the ticket line. Your tickets will then be posted out to the address you have supplied for you to use on matchday.

Hope this info helps.

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:01 pm

My sister is visiting unexpectedly from out of town, went down to the ticket office and came away with a ticket, no Clarets number needed

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1150 times
Has Liked: 1446 times

Post by Pearcey » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Was told about this last week by the lady in the lottery office. I have one but Dad didn’t. He set one up a few days ago.