interesting facts - Istanbul Basaksehir

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

interesting facts - Istanbul Basaksehir

Post by claretblue » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Istanbul Basaksehir have won just one of their eight away games in all European competition (D3 L4), although that victory did come in their most recent European trip, winning 2-1 in Bulgaria against Ludogorets Razgrad in the 2017-18 Europa League.

They have never kept a clean sheet away from home in European competition, conceding 17 goals in their previous eight matches.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Re: interesting facts - Istanbul Basaksehir

Post by tiger76 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:47 pm

I cant be a***d checking but Turkish teams normally suffer from travel sickness,an early goal tomorrow will hopefully settle the nerves and allow us to dictate the pace of the game.

GordonvaleClaret
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by GordonvaleClaret » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 pm

How delightful

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:59 pm

This is basically what Leave voters warned us about. Turks being welcomed into our town all because Europe says we have to.

Kick em out!
This user liked this post: jlup1980

Goobs
Been Liked: 1462 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by Goobs » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:This is basically what Leave voters warned us about. Turks being welcomed into our town all because Europe says we have to.

Kick em out!
The reason they aren't bringing any fans is because border control won't let them in! :shock:

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2971 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:07 pm

Goobs wrote:The reason they aren't bringing any fans is because border control won't let them in! :shock:
They might not go back home.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:13 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:They might not go back home.
I don't blame them. Their dictator is insane.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

mrgomez
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by mrgomez » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I don't blame them. Their dictator is insane.
sorry to say...all you know about Turkey is the stories that your jewish media tells you. Keep on living in the world of lies :roll:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:32 pm

mrgomez wrote:sorry to say...all you know about Turkey is the stories that your jewish media tells you. Keep on living in the world of lies :roll:
:lol:
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I don't blame them. Their dictator is insane.
On that point i heartily agree IT,he does appear to have significant links to Basaksehir though https://www.ft.com/content/d18a2dc4-2df ... 7563b0b0f4,if this financial backing continues they will probably win the Turkish League in the next few years,reading that article i can see why the more established teams dislike them,and any success could be hard to sustain unless they can increase attendances drastically.
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:47 pm

tiger76 wrote:On that point i heartily agree IT,he does appear to have significant links to Basaksehir though https://www.ft.com/content/d18a2dc4-2df ... 7563b0b0f4,if this financial backing continues they will probably win the Turkish League in the next few years,reading that article i can see why the more established teams dislike them,and any success could be hard to sustain unless they can increase attendances drastically.
Something something Jewish media.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2218 times
Has Liked: 2204 times

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:56 pm

mrgomez wrote:sorry to say...all you know about Turkey is the stories that your jewish media tells you. Keep on living in the world of lies :roll:
Blue Labrador, is that you?

:o

mrgomez

Post by mrgomez » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:57 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Something something Jewish media.
please dont get it wrong. no offence !

if they can make it beleive even many Turkish people in Turkey, it is really normal for someone living in UK beleive that :lol:

im not a fan of erdogan but it is really bullshit that he is a dictator. i bet you would think different if you had ever been in Turkey.

im pretty sure clarets who visited Istanbul last week thought "hmm..does not seem like a dictatorship really..."

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:02 am

mrgomez wrote:please dont get it wrong. no offence !

if they can make it beleive even many Turkish people in Turkey, it is really normal for someone living in UK beleive that :lol:

im not a fan of erdogan but it is really bullshit that he is a dictator. i bet you would think different if you had ever been in Turkey.

im pretty sure clarets who visited Istanbul last week thought "hmm..does not seem like a dictatorship really..."
Ahhh but they weren't there when throwing soldiers off the bridge. My sons and g.sons enjoyed the hospitality.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:09 am

The guy fired and imprisoned thousands of innocent people after he staged a coup attempt and then grabbed a bunch of powers last year by putting a new constitution to a referendum and then suppressing the 'No' campaign. Followed by an election this year where his party engaged in ballot stuffing to win.

To call Turkey a democracy would be like calling Russia a democracy. He's a dictator pretending to be democratically elected.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20 am

The club is run by the local council and its name means 'big city.' There's two facts that I've been told by a Turkish bloke.

mrgomez

Post by mrgomez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:39 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:The guy fired and imprisoned thousands of innocent people after he staged a coup attempt and then grabbed a bunch of powers last year by putting a new constitution to a referendum and then suppressing the 'No' campaign. Followed by an election this year where his party engaged in ballot stuffing to win.

To call Turkey a democracy would be like calling Russia a democracy. He's a dictator pretending to be democratically elected.
if those "who were arrested and fired" were the people who are against erdogan, we would also call him a dictator.

but its not that easy. they were all members of gulen movement. the fetullah gulen is someone like high sparrow in game of thrones...crazy members that can do anything, using secret apps to communicate etc...

p.s. : i called them movement so that you can search at internet. this is what they call themselves but they are indeed a neo terrorist organization commited many crimes...

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:45 am

I was searched a record six times whilst getting round the ground to pick my tickets up!

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:14 am

I think you need to guard against complacency, Mrgomez. Changing the rules, as he did when he became president and moved all the power from the role of Prime Minister with him, is straight out of the Mugabe/Putin playbook. Every time he wins an election he grabs even more power. Slamming political opponents in jail looks like the behaviour of a dictator to most onlookers.

The people I speak to in Turkey mostly still believe Erdogan has popular support, but few doubt that when the time comes that he needs to start fixing election results he will do.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I really fear for the future of your wonderful country.
These 3 users liked this post: longsidepies Imploding Turtle Lancasterclaret

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:21 am

mrgomez wrote:they were all members of gulen movement. the fetullah gulen is someone like high sparrow in game of thrones...crazy members that can do anything, using secret apps to communicate etc...
Now I don’t know much about Turkey one way or the other, but from the outside that sounds a bit mental. The sort of thing that you could only believe if you had a dominant, state controlled media.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

mrgomez

Post by mrgomez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:00 am

NottsClaret wrote:Now I don’t know much about Turkey one way or the other, but from the outside that sounds a bit mental. The sort of thing that you could only believe if you had a dominant, state controlled media.
i can understand your view. it is even mental for us living here :D

still it is the reality. gulen movement was too big to be just a fairy tale. and they touched almost everyone's lives in a bad way here. what i mean is his movement is more than just news on media. his members were all around us.

can you imagine a so called cleric controlling 150 billion $ ? it is more then %80 of countries gdp in world :lol:

it is true that erdogan increased his own power. it is true that he is very similar in many ways to putin. but i also dont think putin is a dictator. i think the point that dictatorship starts is, harming the people "just because they are against you". but for this situation, it is more likely gulenist tells the lies to world that "people against erdogan is being arrested" when their members are indeed.

"he is fixing elections" is just a sentence. but to prove that it is not true, one needs to write a book... all i can say, Turkey has an excellent election system, which is being watched by many organizations at every stage including organizations against erdogan and international organizations. if there was a fixing, 81412415123 videos proving that would be on youtube...

to know some more about the "high sparrow" check this video out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Y7vIvfSEQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
yes..now erdogan has a very strong media in turkey. but do you think the media before erdogan was fair? do you think your media at UK just giving you the news? or completely managing your beliefs, knowledge, perception for some power's profits?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:20 am

Do you not see what you're justifying, mrgomez? You say Erdogan isn't a dictator. You also say that the point a dictatorship stars is when he sharts harming the people just because they're against you. You made this point AFTER you claimed that the reason Erdogan imprisoned and jailed tens of thousands of teachers and judges was because they were against him and for Gulen.

You then justified Erdogan having a strongly supportive state-controlled media because the media wasn't "fair". That's not how a democracy works.

mrgomez wrote: i think the point that dictatorship starts is, harming the people "just because they are against you".
He imprisons people for insulting him. He's a dictator.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:26 am

This thread seems to have gone off track somewhat !!

Rammy1968
Been Liked: 94 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Rammy1968 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:34 am

There is no true democracy, most leaders be them British/Russian/Turks/Americans are dictators just in different degrees.
These 2 users liked this post: Quickenthetempo tim_noone

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:37 am

I'm looking forward for the Sean Dyche arrest warrant if we win for being a "Gulenist sympathiser"

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1474 times
Has Liked: 634 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:37 am

fidelcastro wrote:Blue Labrador, is that you?

:o
Exactly what I was thinking.

mrgomez

Post by mrgomez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Erdogan imprisoned and jailed tens of thousands of teachers and judges was because they were against him and for Gulen.
Oh dear... your approach to this situation is like erdogan is a political figure and gulen is another.

but this is really not true. erdogan is a politican. and being a politician is somethig legal. but gulen organization is really very dangerous for the government and people in Turkey. they are organized and powerful %2, commiting crimes against %98.

how can being judge or teacher make someone innocent? im a secular person, and gulen's judges sentenced many secular officers to lifetime imprisonment by the ergenekon and balyoz operations. these operations was done by the fake documents that gulenist police members created. and these operations were commanded by some gulenist teachers, who were in fact high level imams (religious leader)

there are thousands of crimes commited by gulen organizaton, including murders.

there are millions of secular people in turkey who are against erdogan, but they prefer 100 erdogan to gulen :lol:
Imploding Turtle wrote: You then justified Erdogan having a strongly supportive state-controlled media because the media wasn't "fair". That's not how a democracy works.
He imprisons people for insulting him. He's a dictator.
Yes there are media companies supporting erdogan. but i never mentioned they are state-controlled, because they are not. there are free media companies. only state controlled media in Turkey is TRT.

In fact what i was trying to tell... now some media thinks supporting erdogan is profitable for them. how about the media before erdogan? they were honest? they were telling us the realities? i dont think so. All media in all countries has an owner and these media serves to his owner's plans. There were many people who insulted, sweared to erdogan. but you cant tell me a single person who was prisoned because of these. Insulting primeminister publicly is a crime in many countries including turkey. but the punishment for this crime is paying compensation money. even you call him "son of bitch" on a public tv, you cant be jailed even 1 day :)

and if you think "who insults him is prisoned" then it verifies my theory that you were misinformed ;)

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Interesting facts asked for about a football club not politics!! Some folk just cant help themselves can they?
This user liked this post: Anonymous

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:25 pm

So are you on the match tonight IT ? or are you holding a Human Rights protest march on Harry Potts Way when the Istanbul coach turns up?

Interesting they've only won once away in the Europa League isn't it !!

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:28 pm

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-turke ... KKBN1GY1SZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, did Zuhal Olcay get jailed earlier this year for insulting Erdogan? Or was she imprisoned for something else?

When Enes Kanter's Turkish passport was cancelled was it because he criticised Erdogan, or was it for another reason? If so, what reason? When Kanter criticised Erdogan and his parents disowned him because of it, and then his father lost his university job as part of the Turkish purge after the "failed" coup d'etet was the government decree that ordered his firing because of his son's criticism, or was it about something else? If so, what?

When Reuters reports that 1,800 people, including school kids, have or are being prosecuted by Erdogan's lawyers for insulting him am I supposed to believe Reuters, or am i supposed to believe someone on the internet who is trying to convince me that someone who imprisons people for criticising him, and has people fired if they're related to people who criticise him, isn't a dictator?

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:29 pm

^^^
FFS

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:30 pm

RocketLawnChair wrote:So are you on the match tonight IT ? or are you holding a Human Rights protest march on Harry Potts Way when the Istanbul coach turns up?

Interesting they've only won once away in the Europa League isn't it !!

I don't like going to the games but i might make an exception for this one if i can get a ticket.
This user liked this post: RocketLawnChair

mrgomez

Post by mrgomez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-turke ... KKBN1GY1SZ

So, did Zuhal Olcay get jailed earlier this year for insulting Erdogan? Or was she imprisoned for something else?
humm...it is a different situation. if you are fined for a crime, next time you repeat that crime you can get imprisonement. But still she wont be prisoned. Be cause according to another rule, if the punishment is less than 2 years of jail, then it is delayed. But im really very sure she will be imprisoned if she does that again. And i think she knew all these process before insulting.
Imploding Turtle wrote: When Enes Kanter's Turkish passport was cancelled was it because he criticised Erdogan, or was it for another reason? If so, what reason? When Kanter criticised Erdogan and his parents disowned him because of it, and then his father lost his university job as part of the Turkish purge after the "failed" coup d'etet was the government decree that ordered his firing because of his son's criticism, or was it about something else? If so, what?

When Reuters reports that 1,800 people, including school kids, have or are being prosecuted by Erdogan's lawyers for insulting him am I supposed to believe Reuters, or am i supposed to believe someone on the internet who is trying to convince me that someone who imprisons people for criticising him, and has people fired if they're related to people who criticise him, isn't a dictator?
i really can write a paragraph about enes kanter too. but i think this has no end. gulen is just not gulen. there is us neocons behind him who is also the owner of reuters and many media groups. so they can easily spread lies, rumors and propaganda.

sure you are free to beleive whoever you want. im pretty sure that i cant convince anyone. all my hope is dont beleive me but also dont beleive the world of lies which is represented to you. about what is happening in world, about nutrition, about science... search for realities...

ecc
Been Liked: 1407 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Post by ecc » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Unfortunately, they did qualify once by drawing 2-2 away (against Rijeka) after a 0-0 draw in Istanbul... (in 2016).

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Is any thread or topic immunue to tit for tat political pointscoring?

Off topic, or rather on topic, FWIW I think Mr Gomezs opinion giving that he is from and lives in Turkey is worth far more than some keyboard politician who has probably only ever experienced Turkey at Christmas!
These 2 users liked this post: mrgomez BurnleyFC

mrgomez

Post by mrgomez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:49 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Is any thread or topic immunue to tit for tat political pointscoring?

Off topic, or rather on topic, FWIW I think Mr Gomezs opinion giving that he is from and lives in Turkey is worth far more than some keyboard politician who has probably only ever experienced Turkey at Christmas!
Yep it's over now. As i mentioned before, even people in Turkey has 100 different opinions about whats happening here :lol: so i respect my friend's opinon. And thanks for the respectful conversation. It is easier to communicate with english people for me, even my native language is not english :)

now its time to kick ass of god damn basaksehir. go clarets !!
These 2 users liked this post: eyebrowchicken cricketfieldclarets

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:59 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Is any thread or topic immunue to tit for tat political pointscoring?

Turkey is ****. It's dry and boring. I don't know why people eat it at Christmas when chicken is so much better.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1619 times
Has Liked: 890 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 pm

mrgomez - you’ve no chance arguing against Imploding Turtle.

He’s the leading authority on world politics, didn’t you know?
This user liked this post: mrgomez

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:54 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:mrgomez - you’ve no chance arguing against Imploding Turtle.

This is correct. Finally someone appreciates me.
This user liked this post: BurnleyFC

mrgomez

Post by mrgomez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:35 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:mrgomez - you’ve no chance arguing against Imploding Turtle.

got the message. i have no choice but to respect authority then :D