Jeff Hendrick

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
mkmel
Been Liked: 1270 times
Has Liked: 2234 times

Jeff Hendrick

Post by mkmel » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:21 am

I have just seen our goal on ClaretsPlayer and yes it was a cracking goal by Jack Cork but what a wonderfully cool and calm bit of play by Jeff Hendrick to set him up
These 25 users liked this post: randomclaret2 jdrobbo gawthorpe_view SalouClaret CatonClaret Quicknick The Enclosure andysisson wilks_bfc Jambounchained ClaretTony Tall Paul KateR Ashingtonclaret46 ecc Dougall green_parrot Juan Tanamera SussexDon1inIreland ClaretLoup THERAT AndrewJB bfcjg cricketfield73 tim_noone

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Re: Jeff Hendrick

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:01 am

Bloke sat behind us was shouting that he should have shot - even after he’d laid it off and Cork had scored :roll:

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 296 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:32 am

Doesn’t deserve all the criticism he gets. He’s a very average lower premier league midfielder who can do a job for us - not messi. He’s great when he plays in midfield and carries the ball from deep - I’d say he’s probably more accomplished as a centre mid than Westwood - he just doesn’t retain possetion in the same manner. Fans do need to get off his back though.
These 4 users liked this post: JimmyRobbo SussexDon1inIreland HunterST_BFC Foshiznik

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:41 am

He wasn’t great last night - particularly the instance where he lost possession (not the best pass perhaps) and allowed them a breakaway.

It’s these sort of moments that let him down, not quick enough to control and pass on occasion, which can lead to trouble.

The pass for Cork was a good one and much needed. There was an opportunity after this though where he tried the same thing, when in fact he should have taken it on himself - perhaps a lack of confidence in himself on occasion.

Both he and Westwood faded in the second half but I thought that Westwood was much better than Hendrick overall.

He’s blatantly not a number 10 so hopefully some more game time back in his natural position and we will start to see the best of him. I wasn’t at Southampton where apparently he was very good, so hopefully much more to come.

vinrogue
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 am

Hendrick is missing the influence of Defour on the midfield, doesn't make him a bad player but one who benefits from having the experience at this level that Defour brings to the team. In a similar fashion, Keane missed Ben Mee and has struggled to adapt at Everton, doesn't make Keane a bad player, just one that needs that x factor to shine.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:09 am

He's a good player Hendrick and he's started the season pretty well. You can guarantee the ones whining about him now will be exactly the same ones who'll be hammering the board for not getting him to sign a new contract by Xmas when he's a fixture in the side.
This user liked this post: JimmyRobbo

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:11 am

He had a mad ten seconds in the second half where he gave the ball away twice but apart from that was fine.

Essentially we outnumbered in midfield all night, and he did well.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:13 am

I will be pilloried as a Happy Clapper by some for saying this, but say it I will; if Sean Dyche rates him, then so do I.
These 6 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret KateR gawthorpe_view JimmyRobbo SussexDon1inIreland Siddo

jlup1980
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 525 times

Post by jlup1980 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:15 am

He can't win with some fans. I'm not his biggest fan but I recognise when he's contributed and when mistakes are outside of his control.

The guy behind me blames him for everything. Two examples from last night:

He was going spare when Hendrick got caught on the ball towards the end of the first half. He failed to mention the fact it was a terrible pass from Bardsley that immediately put him into trouble. Hendrick had three Istanbul players around him. He tried turning away from them but one of their lads nipped in. Nothing he could do.

Chris Wood played a quick long ball in extra time which ended up giving away possession easily. The shout from behind me "bloody hell Hendrick, keep the ball!". The lad can't win!!

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:32 am

He's only 26 and will hit his prime over the next few years if we can keep him. I remember when he hit a purple patch last year a lot on here where saying how good he was. These same people where slagging him off a few months earlier and are now on his back again.

He needs a run of games.

It's not easy getting into your stride when you are in and out of a team through injury or just not being picked. In my eyes he has the tools to be a real top class player in this league. I said that when we signed him and I can't wait to see him prove some people wrong!

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:34 am

What Tufty said.

When he took Lennon off, people (inc me) were muttering.

But we won, so he's right as usual.

You'd think we'd have learnt that by now!
This user liked this post: KateR

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:38 am

Hes not bad in centre midfield. A lot better than in the advanced role where ironically he set the goal up. But he should be doing what he did last night on a more regular basis as our most expensive and seemingly most advanced midfielder. Last night was only his 4th assist in his time with us. Which is clearly not good enough.

ecc
Been Liked: 1394 times
Has Liked: 1272 times

Post by ecc » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:48 am

Just seen the goal. He did something similar just before he scored the "Everton Goal" although it was to rid himself of an opponent and give himself time to pick his shot.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:31 pm

He did his bit last night. Works hard for the team

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:22 pm

[quote="jlup1980"]
He was going spare when Hendrick got caught on the ball towards the end of the first half. He failed to mention the fact it was a terrible pass from Bardsley that immediately put him into trouble. Hendrick had three Istanbul players around him. He tried turning away from them but one of their lads nipped in. Nothing he could do.quote]

Spot on - that's exactly what happened and I assume its an incident a few are referring to when they speak of him getting caught in possession.

He had a good game last night, covered lots of ground, contributed to the goal not only with the assist but some composed play previously in the move. I had two gripes: one he hesitated a couple of times when he might have committed to the tackle or press, and he got caught neither dropping off nor making that commitment; and two he passed up one good shooting opportunity in the second half from the edge of the box by taking a touch rather than hitting it first time (it was from a more difficult angle, but had a bit in common with Cork's goal actually). But these are minor gripes in the grand scheme of things, and what seems to get ignored a lot is that these things are functions of confidence. The audible moans and groans from the crowd when he does things that JBG, say, is never criticised for, cannot help but have weighed on him a bit over the last year or so. Its easy to say "man up", but that ignores reality - when we feel confident, we all do things slicker, more decisively, better.
These 2 users liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46 SussexDon1inIreland

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Last night Jeff Hendrick and the rest of his team mates were confronted by some top class midfielders, one in particular that we never got near in the first 90 minutes. All in all I think he can be satisfied with his performance.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:49 pm

I like Hendrick, he has the ability to do more but I don't like him in an advanced role. I notice Dyche said ''The fans can give him alot of stick''
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Iloveyoubrady

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Do you think crowd moans actually get heard by players? I think Jeff just needs to get a few games in Cm and he’ll be set and performing really well. Very good player.

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Yes - good point KRBFC. Which goes with my point about confidence. If Dyche has noticed it sufficiently to mention it publicly, its a safe bet that Hendrick himself has.

Playing him as the forward one of a central midfield 3 is fine - if we've got the ball, so can genuinely make it a 3, with the wide players giving him (and the midfielders generally) runners ahead and down the sides. Where it can break down a bit is when we're on the back foot, so the wide players are doing the defensive duties Dyche expects and it becomes a rigid 4-4-1-1, with Hendrick the first "1". Then, he's being asked to essentially get involved in our first phase play when we win the ball as a second striker, and that isn't a role that comes especially naturally to him (although he's much better at it than some give him credit for - at the end of the day, when the forward 2 are isolated, there's not a lot either of them can do).

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:01 pm

claretspice wrote:Yes - good point KRBFC. Which goes with my point about confidence. If Dyche has noticed it sufficiently to mention it publicly, its a safe bet that Hendrick himself has.
It's quite sad really if he's noticed he is the scapegoat, I can't imagine he's enjoying his time with us as much as he would if the fans were on his side. It's a shame because I like Hendrick, I just don't think he's suited to a traditional number 10 role which is what he's compared to by fans (even though I don't think that's the role he is being asked to play for us). Has Dyche unintentionally hung Hendrick out to dry? maybe but our results haven't been bad when he's started that role.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:20 pm

KRBFC wrote:It's quite sad really if he's noticed he is the scapegoat, I can't imagine he's enjoying his time with us as much as he would if the fans were on his side. It's a shame because I like Hendrick, I just don't think he's suited to a traditional number 10 role which is what he's compared to by fans (even though I don't think that's the role he is being asked to play for us). Has Dyche unintentionally hung Hendrick out to dry? maybe but our results haven't been bad when he's started that role.
I read an article on the effectiveness of Hendrick in his so-called No 10 role. He had praise heaped on him, particularly as a "recycler". Not everyone at a football match sees what's going on.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:49 pm

There have been plenty of scapegoats down the years at Turf Moor and every other ground in the country. Some players rise above it. That's what Joe Corrigan told me once on a flight back to the UK. And he should know.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:13 pm

vinrogue wrote:Hendrick is missing the influence of Defour on the midfield, doesn't make him a bad player but one who benefits from having the experience at this level that Defour brings to the team. In a similar fashion, Keane missed Ben Mee and has struggled to adapt at Everton, doesn't make Keane a bad player, just one that needs that x factor to shine.
Arguably he's missing Brady more than Defour
These 2 users liked this post: The Enclosure tim_noone

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Very underated is Jeff,the first name on my sheet every week....love the fella .
These 2 users liked this post: Boydesque tim_noone

Boydesque
Been Liked: 14 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by Boydesque » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Was having a conversation after the game saying how good our defence was when some numpty butted in and said yes but hendrick was shite
Can’t believe some people
I had to point out who created the goal scoring chance for jack Cork but he was still adamant Jeff was shite
I take it sir you didn’t watch the Southampton game either

Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Post by Shore claret » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:43 pm

Not a massive fan, I'm yet to be convinced but the fans certainly don't get on his back, other players in the past have had far worse abuse.
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:46 pm

You can guarantee the two scapegoats on this forum will be Hendrick and Bardsley,both were fine last night.Hope the assist for the goal (Jeff) and the clean sheet (Phil) will give both confidence they belong in the team.
These 2 users liked this post: Boydesque PhiladelphiaChris

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:54 pm

claretspice wrote:
The difference with JBG though is that he should be cut a bit more slack anyway. 1 because he is a winger and they try things more, in less dangerous positions and will lose it more. Its part of their role. and 2 because he contributes far more than Jeff overall.

I like Hendrick as a centre midfielder, but (and partly due to him being played in the wrong position prior to now) he has had far too many average games.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:31 pm

Started the season quite well, only thing we can guarantee is he won't play any better if the "supporters" get on his back.
This user liked this post: SlidingTackle

beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:40 pm

I was surprised to read today that Dyche wants some of the fans to be patient with Hendrick as he's still learning to play the number 10 roll. !!!!!

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:52 pm

I remember most on here slagging off JBG at one stage last season as well. A premier footballer's trajectory is rarely straight up.

Dean Marney was an absolute donkey for a while when we he first came. He was nowhere near in the same league as our current midfielders in his first few seasons. It takes time sometimes.

Even Thierry Henry and Cantona where very average in their first couple of seasons!
Last edited by BigChaCha on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:52 pm

tiger76 wrote:You can guarantee the two scapegoats on this forum will be Hendrick and Bardsley,both were fine last night.Hope the assist for the goal (Jeff) and the clean sheet (Phil) will give both confidence they belong in the team.
I'm not Bardsley's biggest fan but he's done extremely well so far this season.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:02 pm

KRBFC wrote:I'm not Bardsley's biggest fan but he's done extremely well so far this season.
I've had my doubts about him also but he has been solid,nearly netted on Thursday as well.Still wouldn't pick him over Lowton though,an able deputy however.

Carport
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Carport » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Can someone explain Hendrick’s purpose please as a recycler? I honestly don’t know what a recycler is supposed to do!
These 2 users liked this post: Silkyskills1 cricketfieldclarets

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Carport wrote:Can someone explain Hendrick’s purpose please as a recycler? I honestly don’t know what a recycler is supposed to do!
One thing he does very well, maybe better than anyone else in the league, is get into position for the second ball. Burnley send a lot of aerials to the strikers, and if you watch Hendrick closely you’ll see how often he finds a spot where a header is likely to come down.

Another thing he does well is pass. His completion percentage is 79.8%, quite good for a player in an advanced central role. It’s better than Aaron Mooy, Grzegorz Krychowiak, Riyad Mahrez, Dusan Tadic, Nathan Redmond, Pascal Gross and Dele Alli.

Put that together, and you have someone who gets to the ball and keeps the attack going, while himself only rarely creating or scoring goals. In other words, his most frequent task is to recycle the ball in an advanced position.

A section of the article on Hendrick, "Forensically watching an ordinary player"

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:26 pm

I cannot understand why some fans always feel the need to have a scapegoat,is it all fans or just us. It is embarrassing, wrong and demotivating for the player and potential signings. Dyche had a dig and who can blame him ?
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:27 pm

bfcjg wrote:I cannot understand why some fans always feel the need to have a scapegoat,is it all fans or just us. It is embarrassing, wrong and demotivating for the player and potential signings. Dyche had a dig and who can blame him ?

Who did Dyche have a dig at?

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:37 pm

In an interview after Thursday's games he said some of the fans aren't happy with Hendrick he couldn't understand why and he was magnificent tonight or words to the effect.

Iloveyoubrady

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:47 pm

beddie wrote:I was surprised to read today that Dyche wants some of the fans to be patient with Hendrick as he's still learning to play the number 10 roll. !!!!!
Surely Vydra is going to play there? Hopefully this competition can improve Hendrick as well.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Quite simple really...when he plays No10, he struggles to be effective offensively, hence the frustration by a section of the fans. When he plays in centre midfield, he shows what a good centre midfielder he is.

It's not Hendricks fault... It's someone elses. Maybe Vydra will be the next experiment in that position.
This user liked this post: summitclaret

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:03 pm

bobinho wrote:Quite simple really...when he plays No10, he struggles to be effective offensively, hence the frustration by a section of the fans. When he plays in centre midfield, he shows what a good centre midfielder he is.

It's not Hendricks fault... It's someone elses. Maybe Vydra will be the next experiment in that position.
I'm not sure about the defensive quality of a team containg (possibly) JBG, Lennon and Vydra.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Lennon does an awful lot of defensive work. Far more than he’s given credit for I believe. JGB too.

I don’t dislike hendrick, far from it, he’s a good player when he plays deeper. “Recycling” or whatever the latest buzz word is would be better if the ball was recycled to wood, vokes or Barnes more often. Most teams using a defensive midfielder have him sat deeper.

Wanna watch a natural no10? Watch danny Ings. Wanna watch a defensive midfielder playin 15 yds further up the pitch than he should be, watch Jeff Hendrick. That’s not a criticism by the way, playin this way has taken us to where we are now, so bring it on. I’m just trying to offer an opinion as to why there is some hostility towards Jeff and what he brings to the team.

If SD can’t understand why people are frustrated with Hendricks role in the team, then maybe he should consider helping him out by explaining that when he said hendrick was playing the no10 role, he didn’t mean it in the traditional sense, more a positional sense but with a totally different job. Maybe it really is as simple as people expecting him to be a no10, and being disappointed when he clearly isn’t doing that job.

Iloveyoubrady

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 pm

boatshed bill wrote:I'm not sure about the defensive quality of a team containg (possibly) JBG, Lennon and Vydra.

It’s only like playing a 4-4-2 with Lennon and JBG on the wings - but probably better defensively as Vydra will do more than the striker he replaces defensively. Also, Brady and JBG in particular are very defensively sound wingers.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Steve1956 wrote:Very underated is Jeff,the first name on my sheet every week....love the fella .
:shock:

I completely get the defence of Hendrick but the first name? Really?

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:28 pm

bobinho wrote:Lennon does an awful lot of defensive work. Far more than he’s given credit for I believe. JGB too.

I don’t dislike hendrick, far from it, he’s a good player when he plays deeper. “Recycling” or whatever the latest buzz word is would be better if the ball was recycled to wood, vokes or Barnes more often. Most teams using a defensive midfielder have him sat deeper.

Wanna watch a natural no10? Watch danny Ings. Wanna watch a defensive midfielder playin 15 yds further up the pitch than he should be, watch Jeff Hendrick. That’s not a criticism by the way, playin this way has taken us to where we are now, so bring it on. I’m just trying to offer an opinion as to why there is some hostility towards Jeff and what he brings to the team.

If SD can’t understand why people are frustrated with Hendricks role in the team, then maybe he should consider helping him out by explaining that when he said hendrick was playing the no10 role, he didn’t mean it in the traditional sense, more a positional sense but with a totally different job. Maybe it really is as simple as people expecting him to be a no10, and being disappointed when he clearly isn’t doing that job.
He did. He gave a long interview last season about what Hendrick was being asked to do, and basically pointed out he's not been asked to play as a traditional "number 10". I think the expression he used was that Hendrick was being asked to play as a "running 10".

But as you point out, Hendrick playing in that role - whatever you call it - coincided with our most successful season in most of our supporters' memory. Suggests he did fine, so perhaps rather than needing the manager to spell it out, fans should try a bit harder to see the good in what a player offers (even if he's not their favourite player).
These 2 users liked this post: Lord Beamish KlyBfc

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:19 am

bfcjg wrote:In an interview after Thursday's games he said some of the fans aren't happy with Hendrick he couldn't understand why and he was magnificent tonight or words to the effect.
I thought he said
"Some fans often question Jeff, and sometimes rightly so, but tonight I thought he was tremendous"

So he has covered all bases there
Fans do question him, sometimes they're right to do so as he does have a few below par days, but he was tremendous tonight, so can be in future ganes.
He's making Jeff aware he wants him to repeat the good performances, as he knows he can.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:26 am

claretspice wrote:He did. He gave a long interview last season about what Hendrick was being asked to do, and basically pointed out he's not been asked to play as a traditional "number 10". I think the expression he used was that Hendrick was being asked to play as a "running 10".

But as you point out, Hendrick playing in that role - whatever you call it - coincided with our most successful season in most of our supporters' memory. Suggests he did fine, so perhaps rather than needing the manager to spell it out, fans should try a bit harder to see the good in what a player offers (even if he's not their favourite player).
Yes saw the interview, it all got a little confusing, but he did explain his role more in depth, basically his role wasn't all about goals and assists, but often what happens a pass or 2 before a goal or assist.
It made me watch Jeff in a different manner.

Although in a few posters defence, watching from low down or pitch level, it's a totally different view of players picking up positions or making certain passes.

Sitting at the back of JHU on Thursday shows just what space players find, and sometimes just how hard it is for a 20 yard forward pass. Opposition teams have framework too, often forcing us sidewards or back rather than risking a forward ball. When you're pitch level, especially behind the goals, it doesn't always show a true reflection of what space, or little space is available out there on certain build up of attacks.
Last edited by MACCA on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: KlyBfc

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:38 am

claretspice wrote:He did. He gave a long interview last season about what Hendrick was being asked to do, and basically pointed out he's not been asked to play as a traditional "number 10". I think the expression he used was that Hendrick was being asked to play as a "running 10".

He didn't refer to a 'traditional' number 10 at all.

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:00 am

I was paraphrasing. If we want to get specific about it, he said there's different ways to operate as a so-called "number 10", and in essence the way he was asking Hendrick to operate wasnt in the way that many of our supporters clearly regard as the way a 10 should operate (which is what i referenced as the 'traditional 10').

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:03 am

claretspice wrote:I was paraphrasing. If we want to get specific about it, he said there's different ways to operate as a so-called "number 10", and in essence the way he was asking Hendrick to operate wasnt in the way that many of our supporters clearly regard as the way a 10 should operate (which is what i referenced as the 'traditional 10').
You've maintained Hendrick has never played as a number 10. Even after Dyche said so. And he made no such reference to it being a different role to what our supporters regard as a number 10. You took somebody to task on here when they referred to him playing as a number 10, and you did the same when someone else described his position as an AMC, yet that is clearly the position he was playing. You've constantly referred to him playing as a third central midfielder but everyone else, Dyche included, has recognised otherwise.