‘Grexit’ and gun toting Greek football club owners

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

‘Grexit’ and gun toting Greek football club owners

Post by Cubanclaret » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Bonkers world of Greek football. The game seems like a bit of a shambles over there at the current time. 44 league titles suggests great pedigree mind.
Looks like a great draw, enjoy those of you lucky to enough to be going

https://www.worldfootball.net/news/gre-superleague/1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kritichris
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Re: ‘Grexit’ and gun toting Greek football club owners

Post by kritichris » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:24 pm

I lived on Crete for a few years and went to a local derby between Aghios Nikolaos and Elounda (non league level). It scared the hell out of my wife. Bottles being thrown in the crowd and onto the pitch and the match temporarily stopped after a flare set fire to the artificial turf. Armed police were in the crowd but totally ignored by the fans. Yup, they are a bit passionate about their footie and don't mention Panathanaikos to an Olympiacos supporter.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:39 pm

The EU needs Greece more than Greece needs the EU.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:41 pm

kritichris wrote:I lived on Crete for a few years and went to a local derby between Aghios Nikolaos and Elounda (non league level). It scared the hell out of my wife. Bottles being thrown in the crowd and onto the pitch and the match temporarily stopped after a flare set fire to the artificial turf. Armed police were in the crowd but totally ignored by the fans. Yup, they are a bit passionate about their footie and don't mention Panathanaikos to an Olympiacos supporter.
No plate smashing then :) ,caught snippets of the Celtic match the other night,there was clear signage about 'NO FIREWORKS' but the Greeks blatantly ignored such instructions,at least for the fans making the journey this will feel like a proper European tie should,i'm guessing for the return leg the away section will be rowdy,that's what we wanted when we earned our place in this competition,i just hope the Lancashire plod are prepared.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:05 pm

tiger76 wrote:No plate smashing then :) ,caught snippets of the Celtic match the other night,there was clear signage about 'NO FIREWORKS' but the Greeks blatantly ignored such instructions,at least for the fans making the journey this will feel like a proper European tie should,i'm guessing for the return leg the away section will be rowdy,that's what we wanted when we earned our place in this competition,i just hope the Lancashire plod are prepared.
It will be complete overkill or complete unpreparedness and naivety, with very little in between!