Hysterical Overeactions and meltdowns to a defeat

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Re: Hysterical Overeactions and meltdowns to a defeat

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Hysterical Overeactions and meltdowns to a few comments on a football message board.

Maybe we should create a 'safe space' for the OP, he can't handle it.
This user liked this post: biggles

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:30 pm

martin_p wrote:Pretty much everyone has said we were awful in the second half. But talk of awful transfer windows, needing to get knocked out of Europe, etc are very premature.
I agree but equally talk of a brilliant transfer window, Vydra being the saviour etc is just as premature. The hysteria like with most things comes with the extremes from both sides of the debate but on here it does seem at times that one form of hysteria is ignored and seen as not a problem whilst the other is constantly jumped on and attacked

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:03 pm

There's gonna be a point this season when someone on here unironically suggests that Dyche has taken us as far as he can and that we should look to bring in a new manager.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2218 times
Has Liked: 2204 times

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:There's gonna be a point this season when someone on here unironically suggests that Dyche has taken us as far as he can and that we should look to bring in a new manager.
I bet I know who'll be the first to suggest it too!

:roll:

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:05 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:Reading the board today,it resembles what you'd expect from the likes of Brighton/Leicester/Arsenal or Boro or any other deluded sets of fans.But from Burnley...?

Feels very much like the happy clapper/premier league obsessives mixed with the full time moaners have literally sh1t their beds after 1 home defeat.
They moan and whinge about "hoofball" "bad transfer window" "terrible bench" "we shouldn't be in europe" etc etc Are some even aware that we're not a "super club" with a rich chinese sugar daddy? We're by en large an ageing team of bargain basement buys and journeymen who under Dyhes remarkable stewardship have been moulded into superb unit far surpassing the individual skill of any stand alone player. We've competed very succesfully in the strongest leauge in the world and gone toe to toe with some of the biggest club sides in the world and here we are in Europe riding the crest of a massive wave,yet STILL they moan after ONE defeat!

Could i kindly suggest the aforementioned moaners Shut the f*** up,get a grip,buckle up and enjoy the ride
But we weren't toe toe with one of the biggest club sides on Sunday. Did you note that Sean Dyche said publicly he was not happy with the display.

We all know what Burnely has achieved. Its been marvellous. But on Sunday, in defence, our rock, we were sloppy and paid the price. Unsusual but hopefully, in spite of playing twice a week, we will improve from that. I think we will.
This user liked this post: biggles

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:Ok, so can we assume the OP and his ever smiling likers, NEVER post anything negative about this football club on here ?
Presumably None of them ever have previously either, or the accord would be meaningless and false surely.
All a matter of perspective really - something sadly lacking in your posts unfortunately.

Of course some of the people liking the original post will have criticised the team....but maybe they don`t go massively overboard with the criticism on the back of every defeat.
Did you spot how active KRBFC was yesterday after the game for example ?

Do you not think its a bit strange for posters to keep on banging on about the same things (Hendrick, the transfer window, no Plan B etc) every time we lose a game and then remain silent when we are on a good run ?

Of course the board is all about opinions but if after a couple of wins a few people were on here saying we were better than Man City and deserve to win the league how is that different to some of the negative comments when we get beat about how the club has a shambolic transfer record etc ? Both these extreme reactions would lack any perspective.

Personally I do not mind criticism if it is specific and based more around facts than opinions. General c-rap like the club having £140m last year and refusing to spend it (still being posted yesterday) is just made up nonsense with zero knowledge of the club and only posted to try and justify a general negative feeling towards Dyche and the club....which is really a bit sad as its hard to see these fans ever being satisfied supporting Burnley.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:19 pm

fidelcastro wrote:I bet I know who'll be the first to suggest it too!

:roll:
ClaretTony.

aclaretinstevenage
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 730 times

Post by aclaretinstevenage » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Logged in just to "like" the OP. Some of yesterday's reactions to a defeat were little short of pathetic.

IMHO of course.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:33 pm

TVC15 wrote:All a matter of perspective really - something sadly lacking in your posts unfortunately.

Of course some of the people liking the original post will have criticised the team....but maybe they don`t go massively overboard with the criticism on the back of every defeat.
Did you spot how active KRBFC was yesterday after the game for example ?

Do you not think its a bit strange for posters to keep on banging on about the same things (Hendrick, the transfer window, no Plan B etc) every time we lose a game and then remain silent when we are on a good run ?

Of course the board is all about opinions but if after a couple of wins a few people were on here saying we were better than Man City and deserve to win the league how is that different to some of the negative comments when we get beat about how the club has a shambolic transfer record etc ? Both these extreme reactions would lack any perspective.

Personally I do not mind criticism if it is specific and based more around facts than opinions. General c-rap like the club having £140m last year and refusing to spend it (still being posted yesterday) is just made up nonsense with zero knowledge of the club and only posted to try and justify a general negative feeling towards Dyche and the club....which is really a bit sad as its hard to see these fans ever being satisfied supporting Burnley.
yet more nonsense, if you care to read the OP, you should realise it is basically having a ridiculous pop at anyone who takes a contrary view, he then casually lists virtually everything relevant to most fans, then suggests anyone debating these topics is some lunatic .
Your unecessary jibe towards me was typical of the many on here who fail to say something without personalising it with insult.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:01 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:yet more nonsense, if you care to read the OP, you should realise it is basically having a ridiculous pop at anyone who takes a contrary view, he then casually lists virtually everything relevant to most fans, then suggests anyone debating these topics is some lunatic .
Your unecessary jibe towards me was typical of the many on here who fail to say something without personalising it with insult.
I never said I agreed with the original OP because I agree that it way over the top (eh I remember what he said about his experience at the Keirby Hotel !)

But my jibe to you was because because your post is kind of the same as his - but at the other extreme in terms of perspective. Apologies if you think this was a personal insult - it was not meant to be. But coming from you with some of the stuff you post I'm a bit surprised you think that was a personal insult / jibe tbh !!

biggles
Been Liked: 182 times
Has Liked: 156 times

Post by biggles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:35 pm

so we should pat ourselves on the shoulder and bask in the great situation the club is in, should we? no need to comment when a poor performance is seen. let's just be happy with everything as it is and turn a blind eye to any short-comings and live the dream? nonsense! the club has to evolve and improve - even after finishing 7th last season. our lack of goals and defenders 'switching off' has to be a concern - yes even despite some good performances. like someone said above in response to the overheated OP, we weren't playing one of the best teams in Europe yesterday!

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:53 pm

No we weren’t playing one of the best teams in Europe you are correct

However we were playing against a team who have been in this league longer than us, have spent a lot more money and who pay much higher wages than us.

Watford played Brighton off the park last week. Brighton easily beat United yesterday. Yesterday the game pretty much went to form.

Sometimes we should just remind ourselves that yesterday is more like the norm and when we are beating these teams like last year that it’s these games that are not the norm.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:04 pm

The football world is in shock that burnley lost to Watford.

biggles

Post by biggles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:17 pm

TVC - I agree with some of your comments, however, it seems like any time we lose to a team who've been in this league longer than us, who are wealthier than us, who pay higher wages than us [ie just about every other club] etc etc we should still feel content with that defeat and just be darn glad we are even in this league.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Show me any post which says they are “content” with yesterday’s defeat and you might have an argument.

“Realistic” is the word,

And btw I am darn glad we are in the league - are you not ?

biggles

Post by biggles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:29 pm

no need to get arsey, pal. plenty of posts which imply contentment. you don't actually have to see the word 'content' to come to that conclusion! as for your last sentence - i'd only get banned.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11032 times
Has Liked: 5644 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:31 pm

god forbid we have a message board that allows an opinion (either way)

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:god forbid we have a message board that allows an opinion (either way)
Yeah, but opinions are like @rseholes... everyone has one and everyone elses stinks!

:twisted:

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Same people moaning won't have the football nouse to have realised just how close we came to taking the lead in the first half and probably transforming the match and going on to get 3 points. All fine margins

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:45 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Yeah, but opinions are like @rseholes... everyone has one and everyone elses stinks!

:twisted:
indeed !! Hope you are well mate

watsonsclarets
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 121 times

Post by watsonsclarets » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 pm

The opening post is kind of correct.

But how many people stayed yesterday for the full 90!!!!

Whilst there was a meltdown on here how many stayed for the full 90 i suggest there was less than 10k after 85 minutes so are we any better than some of the clubs you mention.

Yes, i moaned a bit during the game i was frustrated but i stayed till the end so the board overaction maybe not just confined to this board.

We lost a great clubman today and that puts things properly into perspective for me

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:indeed !! Hope you are well mate
Battling on Viva, battling on :)

Let me know when you can next get over to blighty, I'll buy you a drink! :D

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:59 pm

biggles wrote:no need to get arsey, pal. plenty of posts which imply contentment. you don't actually have to see the word 'content' to come to that conclusion! as for your last sentence - i'd only get banned.
Who is getting arsey ?
Show me one post showing or even implying contentment.

Just so you know contentment means “a state of happiness and satisfaction“
(Now I am being arsey “pal”)

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:17 pm

How to start an argument on here:

1) Express an opinion
2) Wait
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Carport
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Carport » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Murger wrote:I don't rate Hendrick 1 bit, but he was clearly our best player yesterday.
Not a Hendrick fan but yesterday watched him closely first half and thought he did well so praised him at half time to those around me who would previously have heard me bemoaning his contribution.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:35 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Battling on Viva, battling on :)

Let me know when you can next get over to blighty, I'll buy you a drink! :D
will do :)
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:36 pm

FactualFrank wrote:How to start an argument on here:

1) Express an opinion
2) Wait
that's your best Fact yet !

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3155 times
Has Liked: 6742 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:39 pm

I often read the word "meltdown" on here, and have to confess to not really knowing what this meltdown thingy consists of.
Sounds a bit over the top to me.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:47 pm

boatshed bill wrote:I often read the word "meltdown" on here, and have to confess to not really knowing what this meltdown thingy consists of.
Sounds a bit over the top to me.
It's the content of a pie at turf moor :D
This user liked this post: k90bfc

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:53 pm

tim_noone wrote:It's the content of a pie at turf moor :D
Pies are the devil's food, Tim

biggles

Post by biggles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Just so you know contentment means “a state of happiness and satisfaction“
(Now I am being arsey “pal”)[/quote] wow, does it? i never knew. thanks for the English lesson, professor. :o :o :o :o

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:13 pm

So since you know what it means you’ll be fine pointing out which poster was happy and satisfied that we got beat yesterday

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 pm

We don't have a divine right to beat anyone in the Premier League,Watford stayed in the game during our good spell in the first half,and were ruthless when their chances came.It's disappointing to lose at home,in what many people myself included,would have considered a winnable game,the beauty of sport is if we turn over United in a couple of weeks,which we could,the reaction will be OTT in the other direction.

The worrying aspect of both our league games,is how we have fallen away in the 2nd half of each match.And we need to bury our chances when we're on top in games,the defensive errors i hope are a one off,but it's been noted we don't create loads of opportunities,so any that fall our way have to be taken.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:09 pm

I'm not melting, but i've just watched the first half again. Wood needs to up his challenging as a front man, and Lennon needs to look up before crossing.
Watford didn't really have a lot of trouble containing us, they let us knock it around in the middle probably knowing we weren't going to hurt them there.
i'd better not watch the second half in case I self ignite :D :D

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:11 pm

As long as we finish above three others...

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:17 pm

Spijed wrote:As long as we finish above three others...
Absolutely, Spijed.
Although I think we'll do a bit better than that