Lazio ultras tell it like it is

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Lazio ultras tell it like it is

Post by Pstotto » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Great story on the BBC website tday about Lazio Ultras demanding men-only for the first ten rows of the Curva Nord, saying if you want a romantic day out with your wives and girlfriends, go to the Villa Borghese or to other parts of the ground. Fair enough, I think. Of course the BBC are saying it's sexist, but what about a family stand, is that family-ist?

When the terracing was there and stands, everyone knew where to go for what. For example I stood on the Longside but only half-way in and not in the hooligan chanting part, although still part of the singing area.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8741 times

Re: Lazio ultras tell it like it is

Post by IanMcL » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:06 pm

When they have all taken their place, round them up and throw the key away.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:08 pm

You could say that for quite a few other things, but I won't say what and who. The Ultras are showing respect to the needs of others and displaying common sense. Meanwhile IanMcl the fascist saying how to enjoy football and who should and who shouldn't. Wanting to destroy the singing section of the Longside when it was there, yeah?

diamondpocket
Been Liked: 254 times
Has Liked: 215 times

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:15 pm

the leaflet they distributed is classic talking about an unwritten code of rules, where have we heard that before in Italy!!!

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Thankfully political correctness hasn't got too much of a foothold in Italy. I don't think their society could handle it. Good on 'em.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:22 pm

houseboy wrote:Thankfully political correctness hasn't got too much of a foothold in Italy. I don't think their society could handle it. Good on 'em.

"Sports stadiums", "women", "ban". Three words that go together often among the more authoritarian ideologies.
This user liked this post: willsclarets

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:24 pm

That's making the assumption that women would only be there with a husband or children, is it not? Of course it's sexist.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Pstotto wrote:Great story on the BBC website tday about Lazio Ultras demanding men-only for the first ten rows of the Curva Nord, saying if you want a romantic day out with your wives and girlfriends, go to the Villa Borghese or to other parts of the ground. Fair enough, I think. Of course the BBC are saying it's sexist, but what about a family stand, is that family-ist?

When the terracing was there and stands, everyone knew where to go for what. For example I stood on the Longside but only half-way in and not in the hooligan chanting part, although still part of the singing area.
The BBC are saying that some hardcore Italian Ultra nutters are sexist ?
What the hell next ? They'll be calling them racist....oh hang on a minute....they are.

Oh and btw sticking on an "ist" does not always make this negative. The family stand is a common policy amongst many football clubs to promote families attending the game and offering additional discounts.
If this was a negative thing would you think the same of the disabled sections ?

Telling women that they cannot sit in the first 10 rows full of criminals, nutters and racists is not really "fair enough" is it ?

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:29 pm

What are they scared of?

edwardianclaret
Been Liked: 14 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by edwardianclaret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:31 pm

IanMcL wrote:When they have all taken their place, round them up and throw the key away.
what key ?

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:31 pm

houseboy wrote:Thankfully political correctness hasn't got too much of a foothold in Italy.
No, but fascism has.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:"Sports stadiums", "women", "ban". Three words that go together often among the more authoritarian ideologies.
Now then IT, where did I say ban women from stadia (not stadiums by the way)? I met my first 'proper' girlfriend at a league cup replay at Old Trafford late 60's and became a 'man' a few days later. She was a real hardcore Claret who would happily brain anyone who insulted her team. She was from Bacup though so I suppose that is understandable. She eventually joined the army so that she could take out her violent tendencies on 'the enemy'. I suppose this was because at the time we never really played Rovers and she needed an outlet.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:36 pm

willsclarets wrote:That's making the assumption that women would only be there with a husband or children, is it not? Of course it's sexist.
Why, exactly?

Exeterclaret
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Exeterclaret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:37 pm

If you knew anything about the Lazio Ultras' track record and what they stand for, you wouldn't be standing with them here.

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Why? Because they are trying to exclude a group of people based purely on their sex, from having the same rights as them. Is it that complicated?

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:43 pm

houseboy wrote:Now then IT, where did I say ban women from stadia (not stadiums by the way)? ...

Errrm. I never said or suggested you did.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:48 pm

TVC15 wrote:The BBC are saying that some hardcore Italian Ultra nutters are sexist ?
What the hell next ? They'll be calling them racist....oh hang on a minute....they are.

Oh and btw sticking on an "ist" does not always make this negative. The family stand is a common policy amongst many football clubs to promote families attending the game and offering additional discounts.
If this was a negative thing would you think the same of the disabled sections ?

Telling women that they cannot sit in the first 10 rows full of criminals, nutters and racists is not really "fair enough" is it ?
The thing is though, and this is what irritates me, is that in this country we have quite a lot of 'women only ' things; taxis, gyms, job advertisements, women's centres and even a minister for women, among other things but it is deemed wrong and/or illegal to do the same for men. Now where is the equality in that? My point being what is so very wrong about a bunch of blokes wanting to get together without women there? Personally I don't care where women are and where they aren't, it's a free country, but if males want to bond without feminine presence why shouldn't they be allowed to do so? My wife works for LCC social services and they are allowed, under certain circumstances, to advertise for female only staff but they are not allowed to do the same for men. Political correctness is just a bunch of people believing that something should be so and forcing those views on others and using terms such as 'unacceptable' when anyone defies them.
I do believe in equality for all regardless of gender, race etc. but I believe strongly that it should cut both ways and unfortunately a lot of the time it doesn't.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Something must have happened to the atmosphere for this to have happened. Nobody is saying anything about a mixed ultra section or a female-only ultra section, but football has always been a massive tribal thing and a massive part of the game and I like that. One only has to go to youtube to watch Besiktas 4 Olympiakos 1, to see the joy of the tribe.

They want their bit how they want it. The stadium is massive, I don't see the problem. They are not saying anything about rows further back, but just the front ten rows.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Couple of blokes on here clearly not getting any

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Pstotto wrote:Something must have happened to the atmosphere for this to have happened. Nobody is saying anything about a mixed ultra section or a female-only ultra section, but football has always been a massive tribal thing and a massive part of the game and I like that. One only has to go to youtube to watch Besiktas 4 Olympiakos 1, to see the joy of the tribe.

They want their bit how they want it. The stadium is massive, I don't see the problem. They are not saying anything about rows further back, but just the front ten rows.
Must have been hard for them to stop making fascist salutes for long enough to pen the statement, poor fascists
This user liked this post: longsidepies

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:15 pm

houseboy wrote:The thing is though, and this is what irritates me, is that in this country we have quite a lot of 'women only ' things; taxis, gyms, job advertisements, women's centres and even a minister for women, among other things but it is deemed wrong and/or illegal to do the same for men. Now where is the equality in that? My point being what is so very wrong about a bunch of blokes wanting to get together without women there? Personally I don't care where women are and where they aren't, it's a free country, but if males want to bond without feminine presence why shouldn't they be allowed to do so? My wife works for LCC social services and they are allowed, under certain circumstances, to advertise for female only staff but they are not allowed to do the same for men. Political correctness is just a bunch of people believing that something should be so and forcing those views on others and using terms such as 'unacceptable' when anyone defies them.
I do believe in equality for all regardless of gender, race etc. but I believe strongly that it should cut both ways and unfortunately a lot of the time it doesn't.
Whilst quite a bit of what you said makes sense this is not really the example to but forward the old "political correctness gone mad" argument.
As somebody has intimated above take a look at the background of the Lazio facist ultras if you want to understand a bit better their beliefs.

Excluding women from this area is not the only part of society that the Ultras will be excluding. Try and find any black people or Asians in that section.

In reality I am not sure why they have come out with this statement as no woman or child in their right mind would want to sit in this section and probably never do.

If there is positive discrimination against men in other areas of life as you say then that is wrong but i`d say overall that these isolated cases (whilst wrong) are very much the minority compared to the other way round.....and in countries like Italy the Gino Ginelli attitude of a lot of the male population is closer to the 1950s in this country - believe me I have seen it close up many times.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:15 pm

I’m really proud of our family Club.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:21 pm

Are you offering your wife, Lancaster?

Watch this and get their family atmosphere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Dnew1EVUY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's hope when Olympiakos come to the Turf they will have a memory of a tribal club.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Pstotto wrote:Are you offering your wife, Lancaster?

Watch this and get their family atmosphere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Dnew1EVUY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's hope when Olympiakos come to the Turf they will have a memory of a tribal club.
The far right types do love a big mass gathering don't they Pstotto?

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:36 pm

... And you don't Zizkov? Or did you take the picture?

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Pstotto wrote:... And you don't Zizkov? Or did you take the picture?
Aye, was an excellent use of my Tardis :roll: On the Spice again are we?.

I stopped going to Sparta Prague due to some of their "fans" sieg heiling, strange that you should express admiration for lazio fans who do similar, albeit a more Italian flavoured fascism.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:53 pm

houseboy wrote:My point being what is so very wrong about a bunch of blokes wanting to get together without women there? Personally I don't care where women are and where they aren't, it's a free country, but if males want to bond without feminine presence why shouldn't they
I wonder how you would react to this story if the suggestion was for a black-only section. What’s wrong with a bunch of black people wanting to get together without white people there?

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Pstotto wrote:Are you offering your wife, Lancaster?

Can't see us creating that atmosphere pstotto possibly a few shouts that Hendrick is sh!t from the intelligentcia maybe. :roll:
Last edited by tim_noone on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:56 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I wonder how you would react to this story if the suggestion was for a black-only section. What’s wrong with a bunch of black people wanting to get together without white people there?
You'd struggle with that one at turf moor to be honest.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:58 pm

tim_noone wrote:You'd struggle with that one at turf moor to be honest.
You could substitute black for white and my question would stand. Equally discriminatory and difficult to understand why anybody would be in support of it.

Cheeseontoast
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 73 times

Post by Cheeseontoast » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:03 pm

tim_noone wrote:Can't see us creating that atmosphere pstotto possibly a few shouts that Hendrick is sh!t from the intelligencia maybe. :roll:
The Intelligencia :lol: :lol: :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone evensteadiereddie

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:04 pm

So football should be like a mosque.

Sounds good to me.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Cheeseontoast wrote:The Intelligencia :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not one of them :lol: clearly!

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5085 times
Has Liked: 6898 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:20 pm

If have thought a demand that the bridges they drive over on the way to the manfest are safe would have been first on their list of demands ?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Cheers for copying Pstottos post Zickov

Can't read his posts as he the only person on my blocked list!

Nice to see he's still as deeply unpleasant as he always was.

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 856 times

Post by Milltown1882 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Can tell someone’s single.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Cheers for copying Pstottos post Zickov

Can't read his posts as he the only person on my blocked list!

Nice to see he's still as deeply unpleasant as he always was.
Anyone would think pstotto was on drugs or something...

... Oh hang on.

:roll:

ecc
Been Liked: 1440 times
Has Liked: 1287 times

Post by ecc » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:40 pm

"Great story on the BBC website tday about Lazio Ultras demanding men-only for the first ten rows of the Curva Nord, saying if you want a romantic day out with your wives and girlfriends, go to the Villa Borghese or to other parts of the ground. Fair enough, I think. Of course the BBC are saying it's sexist, but what about a family stand, is that family-ist?"

Do Lazio play in Tehran?

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:09 pm

ecc wrote:"Great story on the BBC website tday about Lazio Ultras demanding men-only for the first ten rows of the Curva Nord, saying if you want a romantic day out with your wives and girlfriends, go to the Villa Borghese or to other parts of the ground. Fair enough, I think. Of course the BBC are saying it's sexist, but what about a family stand, is that family-ist?"

Do Lazio play in Tehran?
Not twice..... ;)

HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:24 am

Here is an embrassment:

Burnley FC forum and there is a poster picking up something from the news which has an angle which implies sexism and then going to say: 'Good on them, stick it to those PC *****'

Great way to defy stereotypes.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:52 am

TVC15 wrote:Whilst quite a bit of what you said makes sense this is not really the example to but forward the old "political correctness gone mad" argument.
As somebody has intimated above take a look at the background of the Lazio facist ultras if you want to understand a bit better their beliefs.

Excluding women from this area is not the only part of society that the Ultras will be excluding. Try and find any black people or Asians in that section.

In reality I am not sure why they have come out with this statement as no woman or child in their right mind would want to sit in this section and probably never do.

If there is positive discrimination against men in other areas of life as you say then that is wrong but i`d say overall that these isolated cases (whilst wrong) are very much the minority compared to the other way round.....and in countries like Italy the Gino Ginelli attitude of a lot of the male population is closer to the 1950s in this country - believe me I have seen it close up many times.
I am aware of the right wing attitudes of Southern Italy (I've known many Italians, largely from the South) and found them to be great fun and with a fantastic sense of humour but as you say maybe a bit '50s'. I also know a great deal about the history of the club (Napoli) and it's fans (not ones you really want to cross) and the Ultras attitude doesn't surprise me in the least. Whether they are right or not in what they are saying I'll leave others to judge.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:54 am

Rileybobs wrote:I wonder how you would react to this story if the suggestion was for a black-only section. What’s wrong with a bunch of black people wanting to get together without white people there?
Absolutely nothing at all, as long as white people were allowed to do the same. As I say it is, or should be, a free country.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:03 am

A free country with racially segregated sections in sports stadia?

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:41 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:A free country with racially segregated sections in sports stadia?
Wonder how they feel about Diplomatik emmunitee?
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:42 am

Never enough Lethal Weapon references on here.
This user liked this post: ZizkovClaret

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:45 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Never enough Lethal Weapon references on here.
Dunno, im too old for that ****

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:46 am

You are the wrong man, in the wrong place, at the wrong time.....oh hang on, wrong film
This user liked this post: ZizkovClaret

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:54 am

I haven't expressed an admiration for Lazio fans or ultras, but for common sense i.e. they don't think the front ten rows are suitable for what they want. That's no different from a director's box or corporate hospitality.

Like I said, the stadium is massive and it's just the first ten rows of one section, for one fan club of Lazio i.e. no different than a corporate hospitality box.

Lanacaster what have I done? It must have been something you did. One creates a polemic to get a story going, just like all the rest of the media stories and zizkov, are you winding me up? You'd have to be 100 to take that photo and you don't seem so ancient.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Pstotto wrote:I haven't expressed an admiration for Lazio fans or ultras, but for common sense i.e. they don't think the front ten rows are suitable for what they want. That's no different from a director's box or corporate hospitality.

Like I said, the stadium is massive and it's just the first ten rows of one section, for one fan club of Lazio i.e. no different than a corporate hospitality box.

Lanacaster what have I done? It must have been something you did. One creates a polemic to get a story going, just like all the rest of the media stories and zizkov, are you winding me up? You'd have to be 100 to take that photo and you don't seem so ancient.

Exactly, Senor Spice. You were the one who asked me if i'd taken the picture, after all. I would find it hard to interpret your Op as not showing admiration for their actions, as would many posters im sure.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:34 pm

willsclarets wrote:Why? Because they are trying to exclude a group of people based purely on their sex, from having the same rights as them. Is it that complicated?
Try answering the question. You said it was making the assumption that women would only attend with husbands or children did you not? My question was why would you make that assumption, I made no comment on the rights and wrongs of it.
Last edited by houseboy on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.