Olympiakos charged by UEFA

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 1151 times

Olympiakos charged by UEFA

Post by FCBurnley » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:48 pm

Olympiakos have been charged by UEFA following objects being thrown onto the pitch and flares set off during last nights game. It is not clear if the stabbing and various assaults will be taken into account. The charge will not be heard until Sept 27 so any guilty verdict will be unlikely to benefit Burnley.

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Re: Olympiakos charged by UEFA

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Should also have included half the back room staff invading the pitch in order to intimidate the referee. Oh, and blocking away fans view with cheap and badly arranged netting.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2757 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Pimlico_Claret wrote:Should also have included half the back room staff invading the pitch in order to intimidate the referee. Oh, and blocking away fans view with cheap and badly arranged netting.
UEFA will bottle it and not charge their officials. In any case the Greeks have no money pay if they were fined
Personally I think they should be thrown out of the competition out of the EU and out of the Euro.
This user liked this post: Healeywoodclaret

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:52 pm

Lancs telegraph saying owner entered the refs room at half time to vent his frustration while 3 of our players watching had to be moved after being spat at.

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Lancs telegraph saying owner entered the refs room at half time to vent his frustration while 3 of our players watching had to be moved after being spat at.
Nothing will be done about it - UEFA won’t want to upset a club with the European pedigree of Olympiacos ..... I’m going to go for a €30k fine for them worst case.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:59 pm

Just hope we send Clive Holt into the refs room on Thursday to sway the game in our favour.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Yeah but the Burnley players and referee should have had their wits about them and shown Olympiakos more respect.
Plus someone was waving a flag of the rival team somewhere, probably miles from the incident, so it’s to be expected.
These 3 users liked this post: Steve-Harpers-perm Corky ecc

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4037 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:11 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Yeah but the Burnley players and referee should have had their wits about them and shown Olympiakos more respect.
Plus someone was waving a flag of the rival team somewhere, probably miles from the incident, so it’s to be expected.
Were they? I'm not doubting it, but I was at around the Divani hotel and also in the square with all the Burnley fans and saw nothing of it. Show me the pic / vid. There AEK ATHENS and Panathonicos fans appreciating Burnley fans and I had a drink with some of them, can only imagine this has been misconstrued. Looking at the LET (rovers rag) it's been said on the. Salt pinch of.

Wo Didi
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 901 times

Post by Wo Didi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:08 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:Were they? I'm not doubting it, but I was at around the Divani hotel and also in the square with all the Burnley fans and saw nothing of it. Show me the pic / vid. There AEK ATHENS and Panathonicos fans appreciating Burnley fans and I had a drink with some of them, can only imagine this has been misconstrued. Looking at the LET (rovers rag) it's been said on the. Salt pinch of.

It's the lad Vizeh who does the vlogs and his mate with the Panathinaokos flag, the picture was even picked up by Greek mainstream media undoubtedly adding fuel to the fire. He even tweeted the picture and has several thousand followers so it was a stupid and irresponsible thing to do.

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4037 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:10 am

Wo Didi wrote:It's the lad Vizeh who does the vlogs and his mate with the Panathinaokos flag, the picture was even picked up by Greek mainstream media undoubtedly adding fuel to the fire. He even tweeted the picture and has several thousand followers so it was a stupid and irresponsible thing to do.
My apologies have seen the pic now. What a clown, why on earth he has done that is well beyond me. Simply no need at all.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:38 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:

My apologies have seen the pic now. What a clown, why on earth he has done that is well beyond me. Simply no need at all.
Just a guess this, but the reason... because he's a dick?
These 4 users liked this post: Grumps Cleveleys_claret Bones IanMcL

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:10 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Lancs telegraph saying owner entered the refs room at half time to vent his frustration while 3 of our players watching had to be moved after being spat at.
That really doesn’t sound very nice. I’m sure that our players wouldn’t do that. The Greeks have to come to Burnley next week.

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2695 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:24 am

Vizeh is a student who seems to be able to find shed loads of cash... Mummy, Daddy my phone is not the latest, "don't worry son - and here is some more cash on top of that - we know how poor students are..........."

Spoilt
Tw.
at
This user liked this post: Healeywoodclaret

Suratclaret
Been Liked: 333 times
Has Liked: 788 times

Post by Suratclaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:41 am

All that will happen will be a small fine and a warning. Waste of time fining clubs unless the fines are millions of pounds/euros and even then that would be small change to some owners. Clubs get fined for failing to control their players/fans when the fines are less than most PL players earn in a week. The only way is to start deducting points or throw them out of the competition if a cup match-but we all know that will never happen. Just hope next Thursday is an unseasonably cold night in Burnley with no hot water in the away dressing room, night time fire alarms in their hotel and that Lancashire plod have a particular dislike for anything Greek. Brian O'Neill in midfield might help just a bit!
This user liked this post: claret_tyke

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:53 am

To me this is a much more sinister development. Yelling at the ref in the tunnel is one thing, but bursting into to the ref’s dressing room is on an entirely different level. Anything could happen behind a closed door - threats, intimidation, bribery...

The fact that it wasn’t in the refs report potentially makes it even worse. This could, of course, mean the report is a load of ********, but it surely needs to be investigated. if it’s found to be true I honestly believe they should award us the tie.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:45 am

scouseclaret wrote:To me this is a much more sinister development. Yelling at the ref in the tunnel is one thing, but bursting into to the ref’s dressing room is on an entirely different level. Anything could happen behind a closed door - threats, intimidation, bribery...

The fact that it wasn’t in the refs report potentially makes it even worse. This could, of course, mean the report is a load of ********, but it surely needs to be investigated. if it’s found to be true I honestly believe they should award us the tie.
This is totallly unacceptable and has to be investigated. If not Europa and the competition lose all credibility.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:50 am

HunterST_BFC wrote:Vizeh is a student who seems to be able to find shed loads of cash... Mummy, Daddy my phone is not the latest, "don't worry son - and here is some more cash on top of that - we know how poor students are..........."

Spoilt
Tw.
at
This does seem to come across as "old man yells at cloud and doesn't understand how YouTube is monetised" ;)
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3195 times
Has Liked: 1875 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:57 am

ZizkovClaret wrote:This does seem to come across as "old man yells at cloud and doesn't understand how YouTube is monetised" ;)

This user liked this post: ZizkovClaret

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:48 am

There is a tweet from Alistair Campbell that has a Wikipedia link about the Olympiakos chairman. The section entitled Controversy actually beggars belief. I'm sorry but I can't post it from my phone. It tells you everything you need to know about playing in Europe. We are too nice and very naive.

scouseclaret

Post by scouseclaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:16 am

WTF!...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelos_Marinakis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:19 am

HunterST_BFC wrote:Vizeh is a student who seems to be able to find shed loads of cash... Mummy, Daddy my phone is not the latest, "don't worry son - and here is some more cash on top of that - we know how poor students are..........."

Spoilt
Tw.
at
Think Vegas pays him for some private webcams too the amount of promotion he does for him on here

kritichris
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by kritichris » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:21 am

Siddo wrote:There is a tweet from Alistair Campbell that has a Wikipedia link about the Olympiakos chairman. The section entitled Controversy actually beggars belief. I'm sorry but I can't post it from my phone. It tells you everything you need to know about playing in Europe. We are too nice and very naive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelos ... ontroversy

Oops, beaten to it.

Blackrod

Post by Blackrod » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:26 am

I wonder how he got off all those charges. I wonder what he actually did say to the referee. Disgusting.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 668 times
Has Liked: 2056 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:26 am

scouseclaret wrote:WTF!...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelos_Marinakis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In 2014, Marinakis was acquitted by the Three Members Court of First Instance relatively to the case of entering the referee's (Thanassis Yiachos's) locker room at halftime[72] during the football cup final between Olympiacos and Asteras Tripolis, against football regulations to complain about the decisions taken. Marinakis stated that he went to the referee’s locker room at halftime only to wish match officials "good luck". Olympiacos went on and won the match 3–1, after a tense 1–1 at halftime"

Interesting...

Blackrod

Post by Blackrod » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:32 am

I think we should request from UEFA that we ban Olympiakos officials from the return leg so that they cannot influence match officials.

Real ale 2
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Real ale 2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:35 am

Bordeaux claret what do you mean we should have paid Olympichaos more respect ? They messed us around with the pitch trying to get one over us ,they spat at our players some of our fans were locked up for no apparent reason and ourfans were attacked .So your blaming some of our fans for posing with their rivals flag for the things that followed they have a multiple charge sheet for incidents at their ground and it doesn't give their thugs carte Blanche to-beat up and attack our fans.You can see a Burnley flag in the Gate 7 end of their ground twice on their official YouTube channel I would very much doubt their police would have used cctv to try and tie up with the attacks and made arrests.

4:20
Been Liked: 1066 times
Has Liked: 1193 times

Post by 4:20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:17 am

I don't think I've ever hated a football club more than this filth. I hope we absolutely batter the living daylights out of them on the pitch next Thursday, make them our bitch, smash em' 4-0 and make that away goal we scored a complete irrelevancy, I hope Ashley Barnes gets a hat trick, I hope their chairman tries his slime under the Cricketfield and gets handed a bouquet of blue lilies by the security guy at the refs door, I hope a wasp, drunk on sugar at the end of summer, plagues their gaggle sat in the directors box for the entire second half, at full time I hope they play Zorba the Greek and the players dance their way to the tunnel infront of a packed dancing home support. I hope it's cold and ******* it down all day and night. **** em', disgusting club.
These 3 users liked this post: Cleveleys_claret Healeywoodclaret IanMcL

scouseclaret

Post by scouseclaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Yeah but the Burnley players and referee should have had their wits about them and shown Olympiakos more respect.
I don’t understand this post. In what way did our players disrespect Olympiacos? Is the waving of a rival flag by one of our fans justification for nobbling the ref?

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:27 am

It’s ridiculous isn’t it.

scouseclaret

Post by scouseclaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:39 am

This is really making me question the integrity of football. In 2015, this guy was banned from all football activity, yet that doesn’t prevent him from owning a football club! Indeed, he was even able to buy another one - Nottingham Forest! Fit & Proper person? :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... llegations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:53 am

We're tiptoeing around making sure the toilet paper is 3 ply UEFA compliant. They're in the ref's dressing room threatening his family. You live and learn

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5093 times
Has Liked: 6919 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:16 am

We have contributed to bailing out this third world corrupt country and this is how we are thanked. They are a dodgy lot who thinks the world owes them a living .

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:18 am

fidelcastro wrote:Just a guess this, but the reason... because he's a dick?
Oh the irony.

It's not like you to miss the childish emojis whilst giving people grief btw :shock:

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1491 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:28 am

Olympiacos should be thrown out of Europa league and banned for 3yrs.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5214 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:33 am

Do we now hate olympiacos more than Brighton, Middlesborough and Lincoln???
This user liked this post: AndrewJB

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:48 am

Rumbletonk wrote:Oh the irony.

It's not like you to miss the childish emojis whilst giving people grief btw :shock:
I've no idea what you're talking about.

And emojis are there to express the feeling. Nothing childish there at all, Mr. Pooby pants. :P

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:07 pm

Perhaps he was just 'bearing gifts' to the referee. The Greeks have a history of doing this.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1040 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:34 pm

We either put up or shut up. We need to make things official and let mainstream media know of our intention to pursue what went on in Athens. It's of no use bleating to Daz Bentley on Clarets Player and a couple of local journalists who then pass the information on the nationals. I for one hope we are brave enough to pursue it. Gamesmanship you can just about swallow but this is a whole new different level.

I also hope we fill the ground on Thursday and make it as hostile and uncomfortable atmosphere for them as we possibly can. I also hope we can absolutely smash them on the pitch for good measure too
These 3 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Cleveleys_claret Healeywoodclaret

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1040 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:38 pm

Spoilt
Tw.
at
Because of the amount of subscribers Vizeh gets on YouTube (circa 135k) his channel now generates money through advertisements which play through his video outputs. It's no mean feat to do that!
This user liked this post: JohnMac

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:44 pm

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:We either put up or shut up. We need to make things official and let mainstream media know of our intention to pursue what went on in Athens. It's of no use bleating to Daz Bentley on Clarets Player and a couple of local journalists who then pass the information on the nationals. I for one hope we are brave enough to pursue it. Gamesmanship you can just about swallow but this is a whole new different level.

I also hope we fill the ground on Thursday and make it as hostile and uncomfortable atmosphere for them as we possibly can. I also hope we can absolutely smash them on the pitch for good measure too
Dream scenario we hump them 3-0 next Thursday,then still complain about their conduct in Greece,as we'll have won the tie anyway nobody can accuse Burnley of sour graping.
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

Stayingup
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2757 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Just hope we send Clive Holt into the refs room on Thursday to sway the game in our favour.
We could send Rocky in. That'd phase 'em.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:52 pm

Stayingup wrote:UEFA will bottle it and not charge their officials. In any case the Greeks have no money pay if they were fined
Personally I think they should be thrown out of the competition out of the EU and out of the Euro.
As a punishment they should be thrown out of the competition but made to STAY IN the EU. ;)
These 2 users liked this post: Healeywoodclaret IanMcL

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Stayingup wrote:We could send Rocky in. That'd phase 'em.
Who are ya .Who are ya. Golden Gamble.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

scouseclaret

Post by scouseclaret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:09 pm

Beat them 3-0 and then withdraw from the competition in protest....

Blackrod

Post by Blackrod » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Rumbletonk wrote:We're tiptoeing around making sure the toilet paper is 3 ply UEFA compliant. They're in the ref's dressing room threatening his family. You live and learn
Exactly what I was thinking. UEFA need to get their arse into gear and do something about this. Greek football is rife with this sort of thing. The owner of POAK Salonika went on the pitch in one game to confront a ref whilst wearing a sidearm.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:32 pm

You'd hope at the very least we sit their supporters as far away from the goals that we are allowed to, hopefully behind one of the posts. If we don't have to sit them in the block nearest the goals we should give them a poor view, thus negating any support they have.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:34 pm

How’s the away ticket sales looking? Was expecting the away end to sell out.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by JohnMac » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Just another nutter who can buy his way out of anything no doubt.

Wo Didi
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 901 times

Post by Wo Didi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:14 pm

mybloodisclaret wrote:

No worries, no apology needed. But like you I simply can't believe why he would do that.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11062 times
Has Liked: 5668 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:30 pm

we should tell them the pitch is ****** and make them train on Townely, remove all the seating from the changing room and put the fans on full cold.

From memory they've played 13 away Euro ties in England and have lost all 13