CFS today... absent when required..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Re: CFS today... absent when required..

Post by Vino blanco » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:14 pm

From the tv, our support sounded really good, so don't understand the complaints.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11027 times
Has Liked: 5642 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:33 pm

IanMcL wrote:Yes
Is that a good atmosphere or I was remembering it wrongly

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:54 pm

It doesn't help when 3 out of 4 stands are totally silent unless we score.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am

Vegas Claret wrote:Is that a good atmosphere or I was remembering it wrongly
The latter. Things have been bad and great and everything in between. So has the size of the crowd, of course.

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:35 am

Vino blanco wrote:From the tv, our support sounded really good, so don't understand the complaints.
The atmosphere from the home ends was really poor on Sunday.
This user liked this post: hampsteadclaret

hampsteadclaret
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 802 times

Post by hampsteadclaret » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:42 am

29...'Absolute ********, the CFS lot changed the game in the last 50 minutes. Was flat and we tried to make it less so, and it worked'..[self praise is no praise at all]

What ?! 'last 50 minutes' - United scored just before half-time? Any improved atmosphere in the second half came from an improved performance on the pitch, as we began to show United less respect...any improvement also came from - missed penalty, sending off and substitutions.

43...'They just tend to be a precious lot who feel they are beyond criticism and are the standard bearers of the club'..

Precisely.

45...'yet you are lecturing the rest'

What I have written is not a lecture.
I have been a lecturer half of my life - I know what a lecture is.

49...'so overall not a cat in hell's chance CFS were out-singing them yesterday'.

I never suggested anywhere that we could/should out-sing them.

50...'the extra time for a few pints' should have benefited Burnley supporters to the same extent surely..?

What a bizarre thing to suggest.

51...Why don't you read the OP again, and then be relevant?

My point was not about our overall/total support, was it?

53...'It doesn't help when three out of four stands are totally silent unless we score' [Moffitt]

Really?
Really?

Did you mean to type that?

'Totally silent ??

Unbelievable. AT TIMES there is plenty of noise in the James Hargreaves Upper.

*** for anyone still interested in the specific point that I have suggested, you could have a look at the ' Songs to walk out to' thread..

Post 7 in particular.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:20 am

As Paul mc cartney said...let it be!

dingbfc1
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by dingbfc1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 am

Unbelievable....that someone posts on here ,during the match,to say how poor the atmosphere ,at the match he's attending ,is !!
No wonder ,you goon !

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:33 pm

58..God you're dim, you oaf.

How do you think thousands of well paid newspaper sports/football reporters get their job done every Saturday, up and down the country..? Every country.

They sit there, watching the match, now and again typing something on their phone/i-pad/whatever.

Pretty much like I did, it took me only one minute though...a task beyond you I imagine.

What is 'Unbelievable' is your punctuation.

**TIM...you don't need to comment on every thread, it's not a rule of the forum.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret fidelcastro

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:40 pm

Hampstead post match...

These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone Rick_Muller

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:42 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Hampstead post match...

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm gonna get told off now ! That is funny!

dingbfc1

Post by dingbfc1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:58 pm

hampsteadclaret wrote:58..God you're dim, you oaf.

How do you think thousands of well paid newspaper sports/football reporters get their job done every Saturday, up and down the country..? Every country.

They sit there, watching the match, now and again typing something on their phone/i-pad/whatever.

Pretty much like I did, it took me only one minute though...a task beyond you I imagine.

What is 'Unbelievable' is your punctuation.

**TIM...you don't need to comment on every thread, it's not a rule of the forum.
But your not a reporter or a journo ,are you ????
Your a football fan at a match .
Slagging people off for the lack of atmosphere that your meant to be a part of .
Probably to busy checking people's punctuation ,to get behind the lads......you call me dim !
Why don't you go find something you enjoy.....and swivel !
Punctuate that !!
This user liked this post: tim_noone

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:54 am

Flipping heck...I come in from a 6.00 pm - 2.00 am shift at the local foundry to find Dong has been at it

You make yourself a bit of a target Dong with some of that nonsense you've typed..

'Your a football fan'
'to busy
and the rest

but it would be pedantic of me to go down that route so I'll leave it.
Only ten posts Dong, I hope I see more of you, as you make me laugh.

The point I made in the OP still stands -

** I am sick of reading about how wonderful the fans in the cricket-field stand are, how much noise they make, how krap the rest of Turf Moor is in terms of atmosphere..

Then..when United come to town I didn't hear a peep from the CFS until the 63rd minute, when they lost their shyness.
A bit more modesty wouldn't go amiss in future.

- cricketfieldclaret[s]...interesting name I have just noticed..

So you speak on behalf of all the Clarets in that stand do you?
I'm beginning to geddit.. :)

You more than most bang your own drum on here, about what a great fan you are.

You should pipe down a bit or I'll be forced to illustrate my main point, with some relevant examples from your 11310 posts to date.
- those examples exist, trust me.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:27 am

hampsteadclaret wrote:Flipping heck...I come in from a 6.00 pm - 2.00 am shift at the local foundry to find Dong has been at it

You make yourself a bit of a target Dong with some of that nonsense you've typed..

'Your a football fan'
'to busy
and the rest

but it would be pedantic of me to go down that route so I'll leave it.
Only ten posts Dong, I hope I see more of you, as you make me laugh.

The point I made in the OP still stands -

** I am sick of reading about how wonderful the fans in the cricket-field stand are, how much noise they make, how krap the rest of Turf Moor is in terms of atmosphere..

Then..when United come to town I didn't hear a peep from the CFS until the 63rd minute, when they lost their shyness.
A bit more modesty wouldn't go amiss in future.

- cricketfieldclaret[s]...interesting name I have just noticed..

So you speak on behalf of all the Clarets in that stand do you?
I'm beginning to geddit.. :)

You more than most bang your own drum on here, about what a great fan you are.

You should pipe down a bit or I'll be forced to illustrate my main point, with some relevant examples from your 11310 posts to date.
- those examples exist, trust me.
:lol: :lol:

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:52 am

3.54 am

dingbfc1

Post by dingbfc1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:21 am

krap ! o dear. you being the punctuation police as well

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:25 am

cricketfieldclarets..that really wasn't much of a response was it [64] in view of my longer post just above it..?..a couple of [nervous laughter] emoji's..?

Have you no more to say than that? I must have hit a nerve then.

Your choice of username is pretty special - calling yourself 'cricketfieldclarets' when there is only one of you?

How does that work? An amateur psychologist could have a bit of fun with that one for ten minutes.

So you are the self-appointed leader of Burnley fans in that stand? Or was there an election? I must have missed it.

What has annoyed me a little for some time, is you telling us how wonderful the CFS is, while criticising supporters/supporters efforts in other parts of Turf Moor.

That is pretty galling, especially when I know of the efforts of some other fans to get to home games; one bloke I know very well, currently takes four trains and two taxis to get to Burnley, a five hour single trip.

You I believe, lives in physical sight of Turf Moor.

We are all Clarets, we all support the same club, we should all be pulling in the same direction; even those who choose not to sing have paid their entrance money as you have.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2292 times
Has Liked: 2165 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:31 am

hampsteadclaret wrote:cricketfieldclarets..that really wasn't much of a response was it [64] in view of my longer post just above it..?..a couple of [nervous laughter] emoji's..?

Your choice of username is pretty special - calling yourself 'cricketfieldclarets' when there is only one of you?

How does that work? An amateur psychologist could have a bit of fun with that one for ten minutes.

So you are the self-appointed leader of Burnley fans in that stand? Or was there an election? I must have missed it.

What has annoyed me a little for some time, is you telling us how wonderful the CFS is, while criticising supporters/supporters efforts in other parts of Turf Moor.

That is pretty galling, especially when I know of the efforts of some other fans to get to home games; one bloke I know very well, currently takes four trains and two taxis to get to Burnley, a five hour single trip.

We are all Clarets, we all support the same club, we should all be pulling in the same direction; even those who choose not to sing have paid their entrance money as you have.
Are you a lecturer or do you work in a foundry mate? Two extremes there. Apologies if I’ve misread it
This user liked this post: tim_noone

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:44 am

Sorry for the confusion.

My reference to a foundry [my little rubbish joke] was to pre-empt those posters who can't wait to go...'why are you posting at 3.54 am..?'
I failed.
tim_noone piled in anyway.. :)

I have done a lot of teaching/lecturing.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2292 times
Has Liked: 2165 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:22 am

hampsteadclaret wrote:Sorry for the confusion.

My reference to a foundry [my little rubbish joke] was to pre-empt those posters who can't wait to go...'why are you posting at 3.54 am..?'
I failed.
tim_noone piled in anyway.. :)

I have done a lot of teaching/lecturing.
ahhhh went straight over my head, I spent some time in a foundry once, I admire anyone that can work in one of those hell holes

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:05 am

hampsteadclaret wrote:cricketfieldclarets..that really wasn't much of a response was it [64] in view of my longer post just above it..?..a couple of [nervous laughter] emoji's..?

Yes. I am the self appointed leader of that stand.

4 trains and two taxis? Obviously a premier league bandwagon jumper. We don't need fans like him - he probably offers very little in the way of atmosphere anyway!

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:00 am

I

Id heard british rail were bad..but 4 trains and two taxis to the turf seem a little excessive. I've done Bournemouth to Manchester by train then witchfinder to Burnley and that's a long old trip one train one bus.

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:18 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Yes. I am the self appointed leader of that stand.

4 trains and two taxis? Obviously a premier league bandwagon jumper. We don't need fans like him - he probably offers very little in the way of atmosphere anyway!
You couldn't be more wrong could you..?.. :D

That's ME on the trains and in the taxis.

As for 'premier league bandwagon jumper'..errr not really...I saw these Burnley players play in claret and blue.

Jimmy Adamson
Brian Miller
Willie Irvine
John Connelly
Ray Pointer et al.

- and if you admit you are the 'self appointed leader of that stand' [ :) ] you should probably canvass a few more opinions, before you type the stuff that you do.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:45 pm

hampsteadclaret wrote:You couldn't be more wrong could you..?.. :D

As for 'premier league bandwagon jumper'..errr not really...I saw these Burnley players play in claret and blue.

Jimmy Adamson
Brian Miller
Willie Irvine
John Connelly
Ray Pointer et al.

- and if you admit you are the 'self appointed leader of that stand' [ :) ] you should probably canvass a few more opinions, before you type the stuff that you do.
Listen. I am the leader pal. What I say goes.

No wonder youve no energy to join in when ot takes you 2 taxis and 4 trains from north london. Typical teacher. Zero clue about how the real world runs.

italianclaret88
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by italianclaret88 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Jimmy Adamson
Brian Miller
Willie Irvine
John Connelly
Ray Pointer et al.

I take 1 plane and 2 trains so i’m In charge....
By the way cricketfieldclarets is a good and proper leader.... I see him in action...

italianclaret88

Post by italianclaret88 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Jimmy Adamson
Brian Miller
Willie Irvine
John Connelly
Ray Pointer et al.

I take 1 plane and 2 trains so i’m In charge....
By the way cricketfieldclarets is a good and proper leader.... I see him in action...

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Hampstead bit of advice. Stroll down to Belsize park quick half in the Haverstock Arms.northern line down to Kings X.stroll to Euston catch train to Manchester bus to Burnley.thats if you actually live in Hampstead after all it's only your user name so possibly not.

italianclaret88

Post by italianclaret88 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Porco dio... hampstead I take one plane and two trains so I will be in charge....cricketfieldclarets is a good and proper leader...I see him in action and I guarentee you is a top guy...

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Having sat in the CFS for every match since our 1st promotion season that home fans have been in there - I can confirm CFC is the leader of that stand.

Nothing happens without going through him - he was the one who got the beer hut opened in the smoking area and got the ginger steward to be relieved of her duties in there.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:17 pm

bfccrazy wrote:Having sat in the CFS for every match since our 1st promotion season that home fans have been in there - I can confirm CFC is the leader of that stand.

Nothing happens without going through him - he was the one who got the beer hut opened in the smoking area and got the ginger steward to be relieved of her duties in there.
:lol: Mmmm....I wonder if there's a connection between "H" and the Ginger one.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:24 pm

I don’t like gingers - apart from “midnight” :lol: :lol:

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:27 pm

bfccrazy wrote:I don’t like gingers - apart from “midnight” :lol: :lol:
Your colour blind.

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:14 am

tim_noone wrote:Hampstead bit of advice. Stroll down to Belsize park quick half in the Haverstock Arms.northern line down to Kings X.stroll to Euston catch train to Manchester bus to Burnley.thats if you actually live in Hampstead after all it's only your user name so possibly not.

Keep your advice, you haven't got a clue about what I'm doing.

You don't know where I live, or where my journey starts - how can you possibly advise me?

I have been doing London - Burnley since 1980, many times a year, often involving football.

Every possible combination/permutation of bus/tube/train/ motor vehicle and motorway options has been tried trust me.

The day I need advice from you, is the day that I truly chuck the towel in.

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:25 am

HampsteadClaret, are you ok? It’s a while since I’ve seen this much anger over something so trivial.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets tim_noone

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:34 am

I am fine thank you.
There are a handful of dickheads on here these days, and I don’t let them get away with anything if they’re talking to me, and being insulting.

- particularly if they are pushing out mid-information.

When that clown says ‘that sounds like Hampstead’ and the description is pretty much the opposite of what I am..
- that needs a response.

I have a couple more to answer.

Thanks though.

MRG

Post by MRG » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:41 am

It may be worth stepping away from the computer when you see one of ‘those posts’ then replying a little while later

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:45 am

I’m wondering if there was some sort of coup and cricketfieldclarets overthrew Hampstead to become leader of that stand.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets tim_noone

MRG

Post by MRG » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:01 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:I’m wondering if there was some sort of coup and cricketfieldclarets overthrew Hampstead to become leader of that stand.
I’m fairly sure that the last leader was a local lad called Liam Kilbride.

I’ve got to admit that I recently saw Cricketfieldclarets walking into the stand wearing shorts and his aviator sunglasses and it was noticeable how many people were staring at him in what I presumed was awe
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3860 times
Has Liked: 2068 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:05 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:I’m wondering if there was some sort of coup and cricketfieldclarets overthrew Hampstead to become leader of that stand.
Hampstead could never be the leader of the CF stand he would make you take 4 trains and two taxis to join the pie queue.

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:06 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Listen. I am the leader pal. What I say goes.

No wonder youve no energy to join in when ot takes you 2 taxis and 4 trains from north london. Typical teacher. Zero clue about how the real world runs.

post 74..I am not your pal.

I have spoken to a few lads from the CFS - none of them know who you are.. :lol:
- you need to shout up and lead a bit more.. :D

One acolyte mentioned that you'd got a steward sacked/removed [?] from the CFS.
Well done.

When you say..'Typical teacher. Zero clue about how the real world runs..'

Why do you say that, when you know nothing about me?
You are guessing..you don't have a clue.

In the hope of shutting your fat uninformed mouth up, ..these are some of the jobs I have done.

road sweeper [with a little truck/brushes] in the Burnley Lane area.

dustbinman - around Abel St/Hebrew Rd/ Duke Bar/ Stonyholme....rusting metal bins not black plastic bags.

labourer at Smith and Nephew, Brierfield

shelf-stacker in a Burnley supermarket.

postman..letter delivery for the Post Office.

labourer for Mcalpines in the Yorkshire dales, for two summers.

trainee accountant - Old Trafford - Manchester.

stewarding at Lords, the Oval, and Wimbledon tennis.

bar work in 10/12 locations including in Burnley...Burnley FC, the Borough pub, and Byerden House WMC.

part-time painter/decorator.

35 years teaching A-levels, for hundreds of students in London.

cricketfieldclarets - are there enough examples there to indicate how little I know about the real world?

- you had loads of varied work experience?

- instead of typing made up rubbish about me, you need to get your CFS in order, and sort those stewards out.
Last edited by hampsteadclaret on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

MRG

Post by MRG » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:40 am

hampsteadclaret wrote:post 74..I am not your pal.

I have spoken to a few lads from the CFS - none of them know who you are.. :lol:
- you need to shout up and lead a bit more.. :D

One acolyte mentioned that you'd got a steward sacked/removed [?] from the CFS.
Well done.

In the hope of shutting your fat uninformed mouth up, ..these are some of the jobs I have done.

road sweeper [with a little truck/brushes] in the Burnley Lane area.

dustbinman - around Abel St/Hebrew Rd/ Duke Bar/ Stonyholme....rusting metal bins not black plastic bags.

labourer at Smith and Nephew, Brierfield

shelf-stacker in a Burnley supermarket.

postman..letter delivery for the Post Office.

labourer for Mcalpines in the Yorkshire dales, for two summers.

trainee accountant - Old Trafford - Manchester.

stewarding at Lords, the Oval, and Wimbledon tennis.

bar work in 10/12 locations including in Burnley...Burnley FC, the Borough pub, and Byerden House WMC.

part-time painter/decorator.

35 years teaching A-levels, for hundreds of students in London.

cricketfieldclarets - are there enough examples there to indicate how little I know about the real world?

- you had loads of varied work experience?

- instead of typing made up rubbish about me, you need to get your CFS in order, and sort those stewards out.. :lol:
You are starting to come across as a bit of a tool now. Act your age!

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:53 am

Listen..it's not your story.
Be supportive if you want, or leave it.

I have made a reasonable response, to abuse elsewhere.

'zero clue about how the real world runs'.

It's inaccurate and insulting isn't it..from someone half my age.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:09 am

hampsteadclaret wrote:Listen..it's not your story.
Be supportive if you want, or leave it.

I have made a reasonable response, to abuse elsewhere.

'zero clue about how the real world runs'.

It's inaccurate and insulting isn't it..from someone half my age.
Breath .........

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:30 am

:lol:

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:33 am

hampsteadclaret wrote:

OK then Mr Collins.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:34 am

MRG wrote:I’m fairly sure that the last leader was a local lad called Liam Kilbride.

I’ve got to admit that I recently saw Cricketfieldclarets walking into the stand wearing shorts and his aviator sunglasses and it was noticeable how many people were staring at him in what I presumed was awe
Correct

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:46 am

I want to see cricketfieldclarets stood on a BIG box at the front of the CF stand, facing the back and co-ordinating the chants through a megaphone. Just like the guy at Olympiacos :lol:

We'd all know who he is then and there may be a decent atmosphere!
These 2 users liked this post: Anonymous cricketfieldclarets

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:17 am

95..what is all that about?

- putting someone's name in a post on this thread..?

FFS I've seen it all now.

Why would someone do that?

Surely there is a LAW forbidding that sort of stuff.

MRG

Post by MRG » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:27 am

hampsteadclaret wrote:95..what is all that about?

- putting someone's name in a post on this thread..?

FFS I've seen it all now.

Why would someone do that?

Surely there is a LAW forbidding that sort of stuff.
I think it was in response to you saying that he knows nothing about you

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:31 am

Sounds like there's some seriously good (or bad) drugs going down in Hampstead. Every international break needs a thread like this to keep us entertained so keep up the good work Sir!