Now is the time to show our support

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretnproud
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Now is the time to show our support

Post by claretnproud » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:23 am

Easy to support when things are going well. Dyche will be hurting badly now.some fans already think we have a divine right to be in the prem. personally I supported us as a season ticket holder in the 4th division days when gates were only 2000 and odd.
Unfortunately we have picked up some fair weather fans along the way which is great when things are going well but complete pains in the ars-- when not so good.
forget europe
lets look at the league
its clear we are struggling up front and I agree that Wood on his own up front just is not working.
but yesterdays game was only 3 days after a very hard european game and we were playing a team almost guaranteed to finish in top 6. We had Bardsley in team who just isnt good enough. Wood who was isolated. Ben Mee who is a shadow of the player he was last year and mcniel who although clearly promising is learning the game.
lots of factors working against us.
Southampton away we clearly should have won but for sloppy finishing.
Fulham away their lad up front was different gravy and craven cottage wont be an easy away game for most teams.
Watford at home at the time looked a poor result but they have won all 4 games so far.
it could get worse before it gets better but our manager has earned the right to be supported by us so
my message to all fans is to be different class irrespective of anything. I strongly believe we will stay up
this year and its crucial to the clubs progression that we do.
BE DIFFERENT CLASS BURNLEY FANS just like we normally are.
These 9 users liked this post: Hibsclaret jjclaret Vino blanco Colburn_Claret califclaret Uwe Noble ontario claret ontario claret ontario claret

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3863 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Re: Now is the time to show our support

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:29 am

A couple of points.

Half of the fans went when we were crap to whinge about everything, not support.

You say we should support the team then write players off in the next sentence.

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:37 am

typical quickentempo, a negative reeply straight away. How about saying something positive instead, it takes just as long to type.
the players named on current form/experience are below par and the team is doing poorly largely due to this. This wont always bethe case as our fully fit squad is stronger than last season. dont detract from the posts intention. support Dyche and the boys irrespective of opinions on tactics etc.
Its our club and Dyche has done an amazing job and should get some slack.

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:47 am

Another crap post. You are not a fair weather fan if you simply want your team to compete regardless of what league you are in. The worst fans are those that believe that because we were once in the bottom division we should be grateful for anything that we get that is above that. Show some ambition

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:52 am

MRG wrote:Another crap post. You are not a fair weather fan if you simply want your team to compete regardless of what league you are in. The worst fans are those that believe that because we were once in the bottom division we should be grateful for anything that we get that is above that. Show some ambition
mrg
I sort of thought the most negative fan on here would find his way onto this thread. really, it doesnt matter what you think.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:06 am

The OP says now is the time to show our support but then starts criticising the players as not being good enough. Whilst we shouldn't lose sight of the fact we were at the bottom of Division 4 and I witnessed it this is the here and now. A business that was once great and then nearly goes bust does not accept its lot. It can become great again and should aim to do so.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:14 am

Blackrod wrote:The OP says now is the time to show our support but then starts criticising the players as not being good enough. Whilst we shouldn't lose sight of the fact we were at the bottom of Division 4 and I witnessed it this is the here and now. A business that was once great and then nearly goes bust does not accept its lot. It can become great again and should aim to do so.
you just repeated what the other bloke said. I answered that post.
we all know that the players are below par and the tactics will probably have to change. If you dont agree that we should support the team and Dyche then just say it. We need vibrancy and passion in the stands, not doom and gloom. Maybe you are happy with the named players and how they are being played. I would say that majority are not. I dont understand your point, what exactly was it ?

Spaceman
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Spaceman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:31 am

OP nailed it in his post. Only 2000 odd of us supported the clarets when we were in the fourth division. There you have the truth of life . People want success and give up when we fail .
As things are the see saw is swinging and at odd times yesterday you could feel the crowd twitching to boo.
Wierd cos here we are in the prem and it seems most are accustomed to it and dislike any thoughts of relegation .
Only a while ago most would be happy to yo yo between prem and championship because we saw many clubs do the same , West Brom, stoke etc and it looked like that was an acceptable way forward .
It would be wonderful if we all chilled , accepted a zen like view of things and cheered the clarets yet accepted others right to be critical .
Look at the folk who follow Rochdale or Stockport, never a sunny day in the prem for them. Enjoy the ride , nothing lasts forever

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:36 am

I've been away for a week but obviously keeping an eye on things. I have to say I don't know what the hell Dyche is playing at. My problem is my respect for Dyche has diminished of late, not because we are struggling in the league, that can always happen, but the way he seemed to dismiss Europe by playing weakened teams. He was quite simply WRONG to do so. He threw everything into the one PL basket and all we have now is a struggle ahead in same plus a couple of domestic cups that he will probably treat with the same disdain as he did Europe. Chopping and changing defence seems to have utterly destroyed that which was our strength last season and what has been now highlighted is our dire need in the last window for a real PL class striker, because we cannot come from behind when two goals down with what we have got. The OP said forget Europe, Dyche and many of our less ambitious fans forgot Europe before we played a game. It was utter nonsense to throw that dream away for the PL. Why was Bardsley playing on Saturday? Am I missing something or are Ward and Lowton injured (I have been away so maybe they are I don't know). Vydra scores on his debut as a sub then gets another 5 minutes in the next game. We have conceded 11 goals in four games, where has our defence gone? Maybe would should have sold Mee because he hasn't looked at the races yet. Maybe his heart isn't in it.
There are mitigating circumstances of course, such as another serious blow with the injury to JBG (our three best players are now out for the time being). I actually still believe we can survive and all will be okay but we absolutely desperately need to get JBG, Defour and Brady fit and as soon as possible because we have now played 10 competitive games this season and we have won none in normal time, that gives pause for thought.
Don't get me wrong, Dyche is the man for the job and he has a job for life as far as I am concerned, but the way he threw Europe away sticks in my craw and if we still get relegated it will highlight the stupidity of doing so because at least there could have been some mileage there.
On a lighter note there was some knob on the Burnley app on Saturday criticising the choice of Hart before Heaton, to that knob I would say that if it hadn't been for Hart we would have been buried on Sunday. I didn't think so at the time but he was an inspired signing.

Fez
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by Fez » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:40 am

I'd just like to apologise for not being born to support Burnley in the 4th Division.

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:42 am

Blackrod wrote:The OP says now is the time to show our support but then starts criticising the players as not being good enough. Whilst we shouldn't lose sight of the fact we were at the bottom of Division 4 and I witnessed it this is the here and now. A business that was once great and then nearly goes bust does not accept its lot. It can become great again and should aim to do so.
But football clubs are not businesses are they ? They would all fail in that respect . The most successful ones are all bank rolled by private money .
Having a relaxed attitude to success is not negative at all. It’s sensible . It’s essential democracy to allow others to have different views and to be able to criticise .
We can support and criticise at same time surely? It’s not black and white ever .

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:43 am

Fez wrote:I'd just like to apologise for not being born to support Burnley in the 4th Division.
Don’t worry son you’ll get your chance lol
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone Fez

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:45 am

houseboy wrote:I've been away for a week but obviously keeping an eye on things. I have to say I don't know what the hell Dyche is playing at. My problem is my respect for Dyche has diminished of late, not because we are struggling in the league, that can always happen, but the way he seemed to dismiss Europe by playing weakened teams. He was quite simply WRONG to do so. He threw everything into the one PL basket and all we have now is a struggle ahead in same plus a couple of domestic cups that he will probably treat with the same disdain as he did Europe. Chopping and changing defence seems to have utterly destroyed that which was our strength last season and what has been now highlighted is our dire need in the last window for a real PL class striker, because we cannot come from behind when two goals down with what we have got. The OP said forget Europe, Dyche and many of our less ambitious fans forgot Europe before we played a game. It was utter nonsense to throw that dream away for the PL. Why was Bardsley playing on Saturday? Am I missing something or are Ward and Lowton injured (I have been away so maybe they are I don't know). Vydra scores on his debut as a sub then gets another 5 minutes in the next game. We have conceded 11 goals in four games, where has our defence gone? Maybe would should have sold Mee because he hasn't looked at the races yet. Maybe his heart isn't in it.
There are mitigating circumstances of course, such as another serious blow with the injury to JBG (our three best players are now out for the time being). I actually still believe we can survive and all will be okay but we absolutely desperately need to get JBG, Defour and Brady fit and as soon as possible because we have now played 10 competitive games this season and we have won none in normal time, that gives pause for thought.
Don't get me wrong, Dyche is the man for the job and he has a job for life as far as I am concerned, but the way he threw Europe away sticks in my craw and if we still get relegated it will highlight the stupidity of doing so because at least there could have been some mileage there.
On a lighter note there was some knob on the Burnley app on Saturday criticising the choice of Hart before Heaton, to that knob I would say that if it hadn't been for Hart we would have been buried on Sunday. I didn't think so at the time but he was an inspired signing.
I prefer Heaton over hart any day . Having that opinion entitles you to call me a knob? Hard man aren’t you .

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:52 am

Fez wrote:I'd just like to apologise for not being born to support Burnley in the 4th Division.
apology accepted. obviously you are far too young to know anything. give it 20 years and you will no far more. fact, not opinion ;) .
This user liked this post: Fez

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:59 am

by the way fez, being young and foolish beats being old and wise any day of the week so enjoy these amazing times for the club.
This user liked this post: Fez

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:16 am

I apologise for supporting us in the 4th Division and wanting us to compete in the Premier League
These 2 users liked this post: Fez Vegas Claret

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:54 am

claretnproud wrote:you just repeated what the other bloke said. I answered that post.
we all know that the players are below par and the tactics will probably have to change. If you dont agree that we should support the team and Dyche then just say it. We need vibrancy and passion in the stands, not doom and gloom. Maybe you are happy with the named players and how they are being played. I would say that majority are not. I dont understand your point, what exactly was it ?
Hello hello is anyone at home ? Re read all the posts then digest them.

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2939 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:10 am

If you want to experience the retro div 4 feel, next time we're on TV, place a fireguard in front of the telly, turn the heating off, open your windows and doors.
Then douse yourself in cold water and watch the game with a bucket of stale urine next to your chair.
And there you have it, division 4, 80's style.
These 6 users liked this post: Masham Ale Aclaret The Enclosure Rileybobs Fez Vegas Claret

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:16 am

Spaceman wrote:I prefer Heaton over hart any day . Having that opinion entitles you to call me a knob? Hard man aren’t you .
1. Calling someone a knob isn't a threat so why take it as one.
2. Where you the 'knob' then?
3. Ordinarily I would say Heaton 1st but for someone to criticise that decision after Hart had just prevented a spanking is a bit short sighted.
4. I usually find that people who say things online like 'hard man are you/' are themselves trying to be 'hard' whilst hiding behind a keyboard, but as you say yourself, that is just an opinion.

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:18 am

Blackrod wrote:Hello hello is anyone at home ? Re read all the posts then digest them.
puzzled
strange post
why would I want to digest others posts when I am the op.
can you be more specific about what you don't agree with as this is extremely vague.
maybe you dont want to support Dyche and the boys. If so then just say so.

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:30 pm

houseboy wrote:1. Calling someone a knob isn't a threat so why take it as one.
2. Where you the 'knob' then?
3. Ordinarily I would say Heaton 1st but for someone to criticise that decision after Hart had just prevented a spanking is a bit short sighted.
4. I usually find that people who say things online like 'hard man are you/' are themselves trying to be 'hard' whilst hiding behind a keyboard, but as you say yourself, that is just an opinion.
What world do you live on where you can call someone a knob Is not take as an insult ?
I won’t reply to May more of your posts. You knob

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:04 pm

Spaceman wrote:What world do you live on where you can call someone a knob Is not take as an insult ?
I won’t reply to May more of your posts. You knob
Tell me, before you run off and hide, where did I call you a knob on here? I didn't did I? I was referring to someone on a completely different site. If that happened to be you then that is unfortunate but has nothing to do with this site does it? I have been called worse and haven't took the hump and cried about it.
As far as not taking the word as an insult I never said it wasn't an insult I was responding to you describing me as 'hard' in a sarcastic way.

This site is well managed and by and large is pretty polite. If you think I am somehow offensive then you wouldn't last 2 minutes on some sites. Get a grip man, I wasn't meaning to cause you hurt or upset you, if I did I apologise. If you met me you might actually like me as long as you can get your head around my humour.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:14 pm

I don't get comments like "show some ambition"
Moaning and groaning when we can't compete with clubs paying players 250k a week isn't showing ambition. It's just being a moaning twohat.
I take it the people wanting ambition are not going to personally finance elite players.
If you expect the club to do that then you are an idiot.
Yes we are in profit financially at the minute but that is not always going to be the case, and personally I'd rather the club still be around for my grand kids to support when the good times have gone

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Damo wrote:I don't get comments like "show some ambition"
Moaning and groaning when we can't compete with clubs paying players 250k a week isn't showing ambition. It's just being a moaning twohat.
I take it the people wanting ambition are not going to personally finance elite players.
If you expect the club to do that then you are an idiot.
Yes we are in profit financially at the minute but that is not always going to be the case, and personally I'd rather the club still be around for my grand kids to support when the good times have gone
agree
the european thing a luxury we couldnt afford. like trying to chat up the fittest bird in the pub when you are getting the cold shoulder off the mingers.
Ambition in this instance was to get the hell out of europe. we were down to 17 fit pro's yesterday after a gruelling european tie on thursday. Any worse and Nora the tea lady would be limbering up.
I simply don't understand the criticism because its absolutely crystal clear we could not be competitive on 2 fronts, let alone f a cup etc.

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:04 pm

houseboy wrote:Tell me, before you run off and hide, where did I call you a knob on here? I didn't did I? I was referring to someone on a completely different site. If that happened to be you then that is unfortunate but has nothing to do with this site does it? I have been called worse and haven't took the hump and cried about it.
As far as not taking the word as an insult I never said it wasn't an insult I was responding to you describing me as 'hard' in a sarcastic way.

This site is well managed and by and large is pretty polite. If you think I am somehow offensive then you wouldn't last 2 minutes on some sites. Get a grip man, I wasn't meaning to cause you hurt or upset you, if I did I apologise. If you met me you might actually like me as long as you can get your head around my humour.

Bore off . Knob

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Only kidding . Couldn't resist calling you a knob again. I apologise.too and hope we can disagree peacefully on heaton v Hart .

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11047 times
Has Liked: 5656 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:41 pm

some people need to learn that questioning someones decisions isn't necessarily a criticism
This user liked this post: houseboy

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:52 pm

3 likes on that one. I haven't worn the colours for 45 years just to give up because of 4 league results. Some of you lot need to give your head a shake and grow a pair.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:49 am

Spaceman wrote:Bore off . Knob
Isn't there a rule about personal insult on here? Don't worry I'm not going to report you, words don't hurt mate.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:52 am

Spaceman wrote:Only kidding . Couldn't resist calling you a knob again. I apologise.too and hope we can disagree peacefully on heaton v Hart .
Ha ha! Nothing like a bit of banter mate. Glad we cleared that one up. As it happens, generally speaking, I would choose Heaton any day but on that one occasion Hart had been exceptional. Heaton/Lowton/Tarks/Mee/Ward every time in every game for me bud, without a doubt.