2.7 Million Brexiteers Have Changed to Remain

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: 2.7 Million Brexiteers Have Changed to Remain

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:22 pm

burnleymik wrote:Comparing them is calling them.

I realise you are trying to twist the words to suit your own meaning and deflect away from the fact that the two scenarios you are referencing are very different.

Theresa May was visiting the Eu representatives on behalf of the UK, as a guest, to work with them on Brexit and was treated the way she was. It's a world apart from the Boris scenario you are trying to relate it to.

Somehow you think one justifies the other, it doesn't.
Do you know what Mick.

The likes of Greenmile, devil's advocate, aggi, and all the usual ceaseless Remoaners claim that I post such rubbish that I must be drunk.

They spout utter shoite and they're sober!!!!!
This user liked this post: burnleymik

pureclaret
Been Liked: 435 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by pureclaret » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:23 pm

just see on internet that PM may is to appoint 2 new negotiators and even JC is happy, so step forward ringo mile and green mccartney I think you willl do well between you, you would get EU to take up any deal offered just so you could leave Brussels and come back to UK
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:24 pm

claretandy wrote:Offering cake to a diabetic, is akin to offering a recovering alcoholic a double whisky.
Not really. I reckon a diabetic would find it easier to refuse cake than an alcoholic would a double whisky. Ringo’s probably best placed to tell us though.
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:25 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Do you know what Mick.

The likes of Greenmile, devil's advocate, aggi, and all the usual ceaseless Remoaners claim that I post such rubbish that I must be drunk.

They spout utter shoite and they're sober!!!!!
Who says I’m sober?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Greenmile wrote:Not really. I reckon a diabetic would find it easier to refuse cake than an alcoholic would a double whisky. Ringo’s probably best placed to tell us though.
Please dont tell me he's a diabetic as well GM, id almost feel sorry for him
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:43 pm

burnleymik wrote:Comparing them is calling them.
William Shakespeare - “Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate...”

Burnleymik- “I’ll stop you there, Bill. I’m not a summer’s day, so why are you saying I am? In fact, I’m not any period of time related to a season. I’m a human being.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Greenmile wrote:Who says I’m sober?
Well if you're not, after claiming I'm drunk all morning. Then you've just proven your self to be the biggest hypocrit on this message board.

Check mate!

Thats me for the weekend. Enjoy the game ladies.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:49 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Well if you're not, after claiming I'm drunk all morning. Then you've just proven your self to be the biggest hypocrit on this message board.

Check mate!

Thats me for the weekend. Enjoy the game ladies.
A drunk person can note that someone else is also drunk without being a hypocrite. The hypocrisy comes with getting all upset when someone points out you’re drunk after you’ve spent a year or more falsely claiming someone else is an alcoholic.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:00 pm

I’m glad May was humiliated. It’s what she deserved for taking a proposal to the EU that the EU already said it would reject. The EUs core principles are clear: Democracy, rule of law, free movement of goods, capital, and people. We are the ones leaving, so how does it make any sense for us to make demands on them?

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1181 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Post by Tribesmen » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:05 pm

AndrewJB wrote:I’m glad May was humiliated. It’s what she deserved for taking a proposal to the EU that the EU already said it would reject. The EUs core principles are clear: Democracy, rule of law, free movement of goods, capital, and people. We are the ones leaving, so how does it make any sense for us to make demands on them?
Jezzzzzzzzz Andrew you make sound so simple , but you have hit the nail for sure .

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:17 pm

The simple fact is that May has known what the EU position is since she became PM, indeed, if she was perceptive, she would have known this before.
Just about all remainers, (and in fairness some leavers) know what their guiding principles are. (As a remainer she should have been aware of this)
The fact that she was humiliated was entirely her own fault, since she went to Salzburg with a proposal that the EU had flagged up in advance was unacceptable, and broke EU red lines. They'd already told her this.
She could have had this discussion on trade with the EU 2 years ago, but has continued to be in denial of the reality of the situation.
Her latest tactic of holding a gun to the head of UK citizens and threatening to shoot if she doesn't get her own way, is unlikely to sway public opinion in the other EU states or that of its politicians.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:49 pm

AndrewJB wrote:I’m glad May was humiliated. It’s what she deserved for taking a proposal to the EU that the EU already said it would reject. The EUs core principles are clear: Democracy, rule of law, free movement of goods, capital, and people. We are the ones leaving, so how does it make any sense for us to make demands on them?

Labours position is very similar to chequers, so I wouldn't crow if I were you.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:26 pm

Greenmile wrote:What do you think WWII movies are based on? Are you really trying to suggest that comparing someone to a Nazi in a film is somehow different to comparing them to a Nazi ? Because that would make you as stupid as Jim Carey’s character in Dumb and Dumber (I’m not comparing you to real-life idiot, so I’m sure you won’t take offence).
We'll have to differ. I reckon if you say someone is like Otto Flick, it doesn't have the same impact as saying they're like Josef Goebbels. You don't. So be it.

Your third sentence doesn't make sense, of course, but then I hope it wasn't meant to.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:30 pm

It isn't Andy, it really isn't.

its certainly a lot more realistic for starters, cos they don't have to worry about 80 MPs who think "compromise" means "surrender"

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Brexiteers at the moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Wouldn't necessarily use the word demands, in truth none of us really know the intricate details of the negotiations taking place & to a large degree we are solely reliant on media outlet reports which are biased & inconsistent. It's well acknowledged what the EUs core principles are & by that same token some concessions need to be forthcoming, the EU in my view are being stubborn & inflexible, kind of reinforces the motives for wanting out in the first place.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Free movement of goods, capital and people within the EU. It's not a general principle. The UK is offering them free movement of goods and capital (not people) between the UK and the EU, with a large cash bonus thrown in, but that's not a demand - it's an offer. There is talk of "demands" as if the UK is asking for something for nothing; it isn't. It's making offers which would work mutually between both parties, but the EU like the offers and would want the deal heavily slated in its favour.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:15 am

dsr wrote:We'll have to differ. I reckon if you say someone is like Otto Flick, it doesn't have the same impact as saying they're like Josef Goebbels. You don't. So be it.

Your third sentence doesn't make sense, of course, but then I hope it wasn't meant to.
Otto Flick from ‘Allo ‘Allo? How many punishment beatings did he ever dish out?

In case you’ve forgotten, or are misremembering, Boris said Francois Hollande might want “to administer punishment beatings to anybody who seeks to escape [the EU], in the manner of some World War Two movie”.

Most Nazis in WWII movies are a little nastier than Herr Flick. In fact, I’d argue that most are probably nastier than Goebbels, given Hollywood’s penchant for absolutes, and the lack of absolute evil in real life (imo).

If you didn’t understand my third sentence then maybe the comparison to Lloyd Christmas was more apt than I thought.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:31 am

claretspice wrote:Try and keep out of the Brexit stuff these days - its repetitive - but this is such pernicious guff it deserves a response.

Jolyon Maugham is referring to the ECJ the question of whether Article 50 can be revoked without question. In other words, whether the status quo is an option. That is important because if we do have a second referendum that would have to be an option on the ballot paper.

Now, a second referendum may not be possible - the logistics don't really stack up time wise - but the argument its undemocratic is utter self-serving tosh. In effect it boils down to arguing an ill informed referendum is democratically legitimate, whereas an informed one between two well defined possible options would not be.

If we had another choice between two clearly defined options, and "remain" won, then clearly the country would not be rabidly euro sceptic. A minority would be rabidly euro sceptic who always have been, and of course its them who present this argument.

I'm not convinced a second referendum is practical, but leaving that aside, the language that brexit must be irreversible is the language of dictators who having gained power in a narrow election win, promptly suspend elections. For intelligent people to cloak it in the language of democracy is amongst the most disingenuous things I've ever heard or read.
Apologies, just seen this reply. Just logged in to post player ratings,

I had to look up what pernicious means - I’m guessing you are a lawyer as only a lawyer would use a word like that, so I can see why you defend that QC.

You call the argument self serving but it’s your argument above that is the self serving one. My vote won - I don’t need to be self serving.

“This is important because if we do have a second referendum” - the whole point is that we shouldn’t have one, never in our history have we had one so close to reverse another. The first should be enacted - no matter what. That’s what they are for. Then, as I said yesterday, by all means hold another in a decade to test if we suit being out. The angry parties (EU and Remain voters) trying to throw as many spanners in the works as they can doesn’t make it more credible to vote again, it makes it less credible to vote again. Trying to hold one now is self serving, deceitful and wrong.

You then call the first vote “ill-informed” - that is a sweeping judgement with a huge assumption that you know what other people in society are thinking. Maybe, just maybe, you hold a minority view? We should all try to expand our minds and think outside our own comfort zones, something that in my experience Remain fanatics struggle to do.

You then proceed to expand your delusions of grandeur by assuming that if Remain won, that would be fair and democratic. Was the Electoral Commission blocking an election of a Leave voting candidate this week democratic? The Commission who would set the wording of the question? Those of us who live in the real world know that just because 51% may vote Remain doesn’t make those 51% non-eurosceptic. Your extreme liberalism may not like this, but we live in a Eurosceptic country. I personally know around 20 people who detest the EU but voted Remain on economic grounds. 3 of them are so appalled by recent events they would now vote Leave. It doesn’t make the other 17 non-Eurosceptic.

Anyway, labelling me guff, disingenuous and whatever pernicious means I can’t allow even after a 4-0 win, but lets raise one to the Clarets anyway!

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:35 am

Greenmile wrote:If you didn’t understand my third sentence then maybe the comparison to Lloyd Christmas was more apt than I thought.
I understand all the words, it's just a complete logical non sequitur.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:38 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Apologies, just seen this reply. Just logged in to post player ratings,

I had to look up what pernicious means - I’m guessing you are a lawyer as only a lawyer would use a word like that, so I can see why you defend that QC.

You call the argument self serving but it’s your argument above that is the self serving one. My vote won - I don’t need to be self serving.

“This is important because if we do have a second referendum” - the whole point is that we shouldn’t have one, never in our history have we had one so close to reverse another. The first should be enacted - no matter what. That’s what they are for. Then, as I said yesterday, by all means hold another in a decade to test if we suit being out. The angry parties (EU and Remain voters) trying to throw as many spanners in the works as they can doesn’t make it more credible to vote again, it makes it less credible to vote again. Trying to hold one now is self serving, deceitful and wrong.

You then call the first vote “ill-informed” - that is a sweeping judgement with a huge assumption that you know what other people in society are thinking. Maybe, just maybe, you hold a minority view? We should all try to expand our minds and think outside our own comfort zones, something that in my experience Remain fanatics struggle to do.

You then proceed to expand your delusions of grandeur by assuming that if Remain won, that would be fair and democratic. Was the Electoral Commission blocking an election of a Leave voting candidate this week democratic? The Commission who would set the wording of the question? Those of us who live in the real world know that just because 51% may vote Remain doesn’t make those 51% non-eurosceptic. Your extreme liberalism may not like this, but we live in a Eurosceptic country. I personally know around 20 people who detest the EU but voted Remain on economic grounds. 3 of them are so appalled by recent events they would now vote Leave. It doesn’t make the other 17 non-Eurosceptic.

Anyway, labelling me guff, disingenuous and whatever pernicious means I can’t allow even after a 4-0 win, but lets raise one to the Clarets anyway!
Democracy - somebody has to lose.

Apparently, 48% of British voters don't accept reality......

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:39 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:It isn't Andy, it really isn't.

its certainly a lot more realistic for starters, cos they don't have to worry about 80 MPs who think "compromise" means "surrender"
Describe Labours position in detail then, and the differences from Chequers.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:03 am

Customs Union and Single Market

By admitting to those, they are hoping (or more likely just using existing EU mechanisms) to have more control over immigration.

By actually compromising on some things (unlike Chequers) they have a chance.

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:14 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Customs Union and Single Market

By admitting to those, they are hoping (or more likely just using existing EU mechanisms) to have more control over immigration.

By actually compromising on some things (unlike Chequers) they have a chance.
Show me where they say IN the customs union and IN the single market.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:19 am

Labour are actually sitting on the fence in lots of ways regarding brexit & quite frankly I don’t blame them, it’s a difficult situation large swathes within the party support brexit debateable what type,& have to be careful with how they go about doing things it’s possible with some voters that they could turn their back on labour & drift to UKIP or another anti EU party, the stance in more detail explained below.
https://www.labourleave.org.uk/labour_s ... _way_house" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 am

Labour's position has already been rejected by the EU, and described as "Cakeism"

http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/senior ... icy-2018-6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:29 am

dsr wrote:I understand all the words, it's just a complete logical non sequitur.
Would you like me to explain the logic to you?

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:38 am

Marr currently destroying Corbyn's brexit policy as cherry picking.

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:54 am

Len McCluskey says there should be no remain option in a second referendum, you are backing the wrong horse here lads....

https://twitter.com/Freedland/status/10 ... 7679697920" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:50 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Apologies, just seen this reply. Just logged in to post player ratings,

Firstly, there's a fair old amount of aggression here that I'm not even going to respond to. But one thing I want to clarify - I'm not suggesting for a second that people did not make rational decisions to vote leave in the last referendum based on legitimate grounds - never have, never will. I'm not at all of the view that this is a moral crusade which is black and white, right versus wrong. My point that the previous vote was ill-informed was a relative one. In that referendum, we had one defined option - the status quo - and one that was inevitably ill-defined. Whether one or both parties misrepresented facts etc., no-one can deny that in 2016 much of the argument about what leaving meant was based on speculation about a future that hadn't played out.

If (if) it is possible to now have a referendum where both options are defined - the status quo, versus a defined "exit deal" which maps our future relationship with the EU - then that must be a more informed choice, however informed or otherwise people were two years ago. You know that as well as I do, and there's no way that is anti-democratic. Democracy includes the ability to change ones mind based on evidence. Making claims like we've never had a second referendum so close after a first referendum doesn't really help your case because we all know the truth is that there are so few examples of us holding referendums in this country - and never one where one option was so ill-defined as what "leaving the EU" meant.

Finally, to your point about us being a euro-sceptic nation that may have been made more euro-sceptic since 2016 because of the way the EU have behaved - you may be right, and I tend to the view that key figures on both sides appear to have done their level best to behave in away that alienates popular support on the "other side". If so, we'll vote "leave" in a second referendum and that will be the end of it, we'll do so based on a lot more tangible evidence than 2 years ago and that will be the end of it. You may be right to fear that the establishment would try and rig a future referendum - I doubt it personally, but that's a separate argument to whether the principle of a second referendum is in itself fundamentally anti-democratic.

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:28 pm

Are Labour now in a catch 22 situation where Labour voters will vote Tory if Labour members insist on a "people's vote"?
This may play into T M's hands?

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Siddo wrote:Are Labour now in a catch 22 situation where Labour voters will vote Tory if Labour members insist on a "people's vote"?
And maybe Tory remainers will vote Labour as the only realistic chance of getting us out of the s*** shower.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:56 pm

Siddo wrote:Are Labour now in a catch 22 situation where Labour voters will vote Tory if Labour members insist on a "people's vote"?
A "People's Vote" is likely to cause massive division in the Tory Party. It could even split.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:03 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:A "People's Vote" is likely to cause massive division in the Tory Party. It could even split.
Any so called "people's vote" is unlikely to heal the rift in British politics and less likely to heal the division in the country.

Question - Why do it?

Answer - Because 48% of voters do not accept democracy.

Democracy - it means sometimes you lose......

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:06 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Any so called "people's vote" is unlikely to heal the rift in British politics and less likely to heal the division in the country.

Question - Why do it?

Answer - Because 48% of voters do not accept democracy.

Democracy - it means sometimes you lose......
It also means you’re allowed to change your mind.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1174 times
Has Liked: 2920 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:11 pm

martin_p wrote:It also means you’re allowed to change your mind.

Sure, as soon as our democratic choice has been carried through, but let's give it a fair shot first.

Imagine all the Labour voters voted to get Corbyn into number 10, won the democratic vote to get him in there, then it got kicked down the road for 2 years and all kinds of things twisted and pushed onto the public in that time and you were told before Corbyn takes his seat you are going to have to vote again because it's only democratic to vote again, would you accept that?

Essentially that is what is happening with brexit and it's not acceptable.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:16 pm

martin_p wrote:It also means you’re allowed to change your mind.
Bob on Marty! Glad you finally agree with the 2016 referendum result. Progress!

In 1975 the People voted to remain in the common market. It was honoured. That's democracy.

In 2016 the People "CHANGED THEIR MIND" and voted to Leave the European Union. It has to be honoured. That's democracy.

Which political UK party has been democratically elected, on a manifesto, based on over turning the 2016 referendum result, giving it the mandate to do so?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:17 pm

burnleymik wrote:Sure, as soon as our democratic choice has been carried through, but let's give it a fair shot first.

Imagine all the Labour voters voted to get Corbyn into number 10, won the democratic vote to get him in there, then it got kicked down the road for 2 years and all kinds of things twisted and pushed onto the public in that time and you were told before Corbyn takes his seat you are going to have to vote again because it's only democratic to vote again, would you accept that?

Essentially that is what is happening with brexit and it's not acceptable.
Well no, because that’s not how the system works! Whereas with Brexit everyone knew we were a minimu of two years from leaving with lots of negotiating to happen in that period. It hasn’t turned out to be what anyone wanted so why shouldn’t people change their minds. A more accurate Corbin analysis might have been he was voted in but after the results appeared on TV only to pull off a mask and reveal he was Jacob Rees Mogg all along. Would I want to change my mind? Yes please!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:21 pm

Some people clearly do not understand the meaning of the phrase "democratic process".......

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:23 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Bob on Marty! Glad you finally agree with the 2016 referendum result. Progress!

In 1975 the People voted to remain in the common market. It was honoured. That's democracy.

In 2016 the People "CHANGED THEIR MIND" and voted to Leave the European Union. It has to be honoured. That's democracy.

Which political UK party has been democratically elected, on a manifesto, based on over turning the 2016 referendum result, giving it the mandate to do so?
I’m happy to provide you with a list of Tory manifesto promises they’ve dropped since the election. Manifestos aren’t legally binding.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:24 pm

martin_p wrote:Well no, because that’s not how the system works! Whereas with Brexit everyone knew we were a minimu of two years from leaving with lots of negotiating to happen in that period. It hasn’t turned out to be what anyone wanted so why shouldn’t people change their minds. A more accurate Corbin analysis might have been he was voted in but after the results appeared on TV only to pull off a mask and reveal he was Jacob Rees Mogg all along. Would I want to change my mind? Yes please!
Only if we decided to Leave on the EU's terms of Article 50.

The analogy stands for me. That 2 years wasn't to try and get people to change their minds, which has clearly been happening, it was only to negotiate the terms of leaving agreeable for both sides.

There is no reasonable argument to re-run that referendum until Brexit has been tried and given a fair chance.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:24 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Some people clearly do not understand the meaning of the phrase "democratic process".......
You being the prime culprit obviously.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:26 pm

burnleymik wrote:Only if we decided to Leave on the EU's terms of Article 50.

The analogy stands for me. That 2 years wasn't to try and get people to change their minds, which has clearly been happening, it was only to negotiate the terms of leaving agreeable for both sides.
Which seems increasingly unlikely to happen. You’ve made your own case for a new referendum.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:30 pm

martin_p wrote:Which seems increasingly unlikely to happen. You’ve made your own case for a new referendum.
I think quite the opposite. It clearly shows how democracy is only acceptable if you vote the way they want you to vote.

Honestly, it should never happen, but if somehow we are forced to vote again, as a Brexiteer I wouldn't see any point in voting. My first vote clearly meant nothing if I have to do it again, so why would it be any different this time? It would signal the end of British democracy for me.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:48 pm

martin_p wrote:I’m happy to provide you with a list of Tory manifesto promises they’ve dropped since the election. Manifestos aren’t legally binding.
I'm sure you are.

However, that's not what I asked for.

I asked- Which political UK party has been democratically elected, on a manifesto, based on over turning the 2016 referendum result, giving it the mandate to do so?

Name one

Try again......

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:00 am

burnleymik wrote:I think quite the opposite. It clearly shows how democracy is only acceptable if you vote the way they want you to vote.

Honestly, it should never happen, but if somehow we are forced to vote again, as a Brexiteer I wouldn't see any point in voting. My first vote clearly meant nothing if I have to do it again, so why would it be any different this time? It would signal the end of British democracy for me.
I can understand your sentiment bm,but if more Brexiteers think along these lines,by default remain will win,it's up to each voter if they feel strongly enough to reinforce a leave outcome.

This situation should never have been allowed to linger,as the government and civil service from day one post the referendum,have sat on their hands and obstructed the process,sadly this didn't come as a surprise.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:04 am

tiger76 wrote:I can understand your sentiment bm,but if more Brexiteers think along these lines,by default remain will win,it's up to each voter if they feel strongly enough to reinforce a leave outcome.

This situation should never have been allowed to linger,as the government and civil service from day one post the referendum,have sat on their hands and obstructed the process,sadly this didn't come as a surprise.
Something that has already been decided shouldn’t need reinforcing it should be final.
Last edited by Jakubclaret on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:09 am

Last edited by If it be your will on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:13 am

After the mask has slipped and people have seen the true colours of the EU, following this week's tawdry ambush. Ceaseless Remoaners are flapping, that public opinion has been galvanised for a clean, democratically compliant, brexit.

Desperation has just stepped up a gear.

NEILTHO61
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NEILTHO61 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:45 am

Chip Harrison wrote:The second referendum is coming whether we like it or not.
If the second referendum comes,then we should appeal to the premier league to replay our first 5 games as I don't think the results were fair
Come on premier league be democratic and let us play these games again