2.7 Million Brexiteers Have Changed to Remain

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: 2.7 Million Brexiteers Have Changed to Remain

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:31 am

Greenmile wrote:What do you think WWII movies are based on? Are you really trying to suggest that comparing someone to a Nazi in a film is somehow different to comparing them to a Nazi ? Because that would make you as stupid as Jim Carey’s character in Dumb and Dumber (I’m not comparing you to real-life idiot, so I’m sure you won’t take offence).

Doesn’t Boris (who I believe was Foreign Secretary at the time of his comments) consider himself a statesman?

Your double standards are amazing. EU bad, Brexit good, irrespective of what either side actually says or does.

Oh, and if you don’t think anyone is upset about what Tusk said then I suggest you haven’t been reading very closely. Here’s two examples from this page.

Don't you think Murger and Jakob seem a little bit upset by Tusk’s photo?

Also, Ringo called him (Tusk) a “14 year old statesman” and then about three hours (and probably about four bottles of gin) later said he has “the diplomacy skills of a toddler”, yet I can’t remember him saying anything similar about Boris. Funny that, isn’t it?
"4 bottles of gin later"

When you accuse people of being drunk you really have lost the argument.....

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2351 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:32 am

Greenmile wrote:Were all the snowflakes on here who are so upset about Tusk’s fairly harmless Instagram cake joke equally upset when Boris compared the EU to Nazis dishing out punishment beatings? Or was Boris being respectful and statesmanlike?
Hi Greenmile, I said to my wife this morning "Donald Tusk twinned with Boris Johnson." And, of course, we could add "and Donald Trump."

It's not upset. It's certainly not "snowflakery" (is that only a millennial thing?).

Where is the diplomacy? Where are the standards of acting with "common decency" to our fellow human beings?

Of course, I'm not just thinking of Tusk.

Put the different views within the UK aside, for a moment. Just think of an organsiation that has been founded for the purposes of peace and democracy. Then think what should be the response if one of those members chooses, democractically, that they wish to leave the organisation? Should the "organisation for peace" start to "throw stones" (metaphorically, of course) and make it difficult/unpleasant for their fellow member to leave? Or, should they say, "ok, sorry you are leaving, but we will still be friends and we will do all we can to make it easy for you to leave and for both the leaving member and the remaining members to continue to "live in harmony" in our new neighbourly status.

It was always my argument that the EU elite had lost their way; that Brussels had something of "Versailles" immediately before the French revolution about it; that one of the ways to avoid a real crisis across the EU in future years weas for the UK to leave - and give the EU the opportunity to reflect on why the UK had left.

I was always strongly in favour of the UK joining the EEC. I was strongly in favour of the single market and customs union. The euro was (and continues to be) a big mistake for the EU (and Gordon Brown's greatest gift to our nation was blocking Tony Blair taking the UK into the euro). And, the EU elites continue to behave more and more as though they are the court of the "Sun King."

Regrettably, the majority of the UK's elites and opinion formers, also don't get it - hence we have these continuously acrimonious debates in politics, in the media and on social media.

If we can leave the EU now - and a deal and friendship is better than "no deal" - then somewhere in the years ahead (30, 40, 50..... because the EU needs time to sort things out for themselves...) then the UK will either happily re-joining the EU. Or, and better still "protectionist Europe" will have fallen away and been replaced by a broader and wider Union of World Democracies....

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:33 am

Spiral wrote:Flap your little gums all you want but Euroscepticism peaked on the day of the referendum. Your movement failed the day its most prominent advocates ran away from responsibility.
"Prominent advocates ran away"   :lol:

Nigel Farage - still an MEP
Daniel Hannon - still an MEP
Michael Gove - still a minister in the UK government
Boris Johnson - still MP in UK government and (potential PM)
Jacob Rees Mogg - still an MP in the UK government and forcing the rabid far left speech denying thugs to wet themselves at night.
And all of them still arguing the case day in day out.

Where as.

Cameron and Osborne couldn't get their trainers on quick enough.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

aggi
Been Liked: 2122 times

Post by aggi » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:37 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:"4 bottles of gin later"

When you accuse people of being drunk you really have lost the argument.....
I'm a bit old for this kind of thing but LOL.

The worrying thing is that Ringo won't even understand the irony.
These 2 users liked this post: Bordeauxclaret Greenmile

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2351 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:41 am

AndrewJB wrote:You’re giving purely empirical evidence. Life got better for you under Thatcher because you were at an age and had a skill set to take best advantage of the climate she created. For everyone like you there are many who suffered. And likewise conditions were considerably better during the 50s and 60s than they had been before.
Hi Andrew, sorry, I wasn't comparing my life, I was making comparisons of UK living standards across the decades. And, I think, all I was saying is that no one wants to go back to an earlier time, because we are all better off now on a collective basis.

That's it for me on this thread - for a couple of weeks - I'll be on holiday in New England.

All, look after our Clarets while I'm away.

UTC
Last edited by Paul Waine on Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:42 am

aggi wrote:I'm a bit old for this kind of thing but LOL.
You're clearly not......

aggi
Been Liked: 2122 times

Post by aggi » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:51 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:You're clearly not......
So it seems. I never expected someone who has spent 18 months doing drunk jokes to suddenly get all high and mighty about it. I'm probably not the only one who chuckled.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:04 am

Paul Waine wrote:Hi Andrew, sorry, I wasn't comparing my life, I was making comparisons of UK living standards across the decades. And, I think, all I was saying is that no one wants to go back to an earlier time, because we are all better off now on a collective basis.

That's it for me on this thread - for a couple of weeks - I'll be on holiday in New England.

All, look after our Clarets while I'm away.

UTC
It’s accepted that under Thatcher entire communities were devestated through industries shutting down, and this was a result of her policies. Those people were left to rot on the dole. This was her government’s conscious choice. Any improvement in living standards (as technology improved) must be measured against this.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:15 am

aggi wrote:So it seems. I never expected someone who has spent 18 months doing drunk jokes to suddenly get all high and mighty about it. I'm probably not the only one who chuckled.
When I call Jean Claude Junker a drunk - fact.

When posters claim I'm drunk - a little bit desperate.

As for laughing. If every single person registered on this message board finds me being called drunk funny. The number would be infinitely miniscule compared to the millions around the world who find it hysterical, if not a little concerning, when they look on aghast, at the well publicised antics, of the permanently p1ssed, hapless clown, that is the president of the European Commission.

Word is, if you need to discuss anything with him. You have to get in before midday and he will already have his snout in his, very well stocked, drinks cabinet! After that it's back to form as an incoherent face slapping embaressmmt!
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:19 am

Paul Waine wrote:Hi Greenmile, I said to my wife this morning "Donald Tusk twinned with Boris Johnson." And, of course, we could add "and Donald Trump."

It's not upset. It's certainly not "snowflakery" (is that only a millennial thing?).

Where is the diplomacy? Where are the standards of acting with "common decency" to our fellow human beings?

Of course, I'm not just thinking of Tusk.

Put the different views within the UK aside, for a moment. Just think of an organsiation that has been founded for the purposes of peace and democracy. Then think what should be the response if one of those members chooses, democractically, that they wish to leave the organisation? Should the "organisation for peace" start to "throw stones" (metaphorically, of course) and make it difficult/unpleasant for their fellow member to leave? Or, should they say, "ok, sorry you are leaving, but we will still be friends and we will do all we can to make it easy for you to leave and for both the leaving member and the remaining members to continue to "live in harmony" in our new neighbourly status.

It was always my argument that the EU elite had lost their way; that Brussels had something of "Versailles" immediately before the French revolution about it; that one of the ways to avoid a real crisis across the EU in future years weas for the UK to leave - and give the EU the opportunity to reflect on why the UK had left.

I was always strongly in favour of the UK joining the EEC. I was strongly in favour of the single market and customs union. The euro was (and continues to be) a big mistake for the EU (and Gordon Brown's greatest gift to our nation was blocking Tony Blair taking the UK into the euro). And, the EU elites continue to behave more and more as though they are the court of the "Sun King."

Regrettably, the majority of the UK's elites and opinion formers, also don't get it - hence we have these continuously acrimonious debates in politics, in the media and on social media.

If we can leave the EU now - and a deal and friendship is better than "no deal" - then somewhere in the years ahead (30, 40, 50..... because the EU needs time to sort things out for themselves...) then the UK will either happily re-joining the EU. Or, and better still "protectionist Europe" will have fallen away and been replaced by a broader and wider Union of World Democracies....
This is a remarkably self-entitled argument. Its based on the premise the EU should put the UK's interests above those of the EU bloc when the two dont align. It assumes a club based on strict membership rules should waive at least some of those rules to facilitate the UK leaving on terms palatable to the UK.

And the EU has no incentive to go along with that. None. It has an interest in making sure the UK cannot be held up in future as an example that leaving can be painless. Thats worth a lot to the EU because it only works if the entire bloc plays by the same rules.

Whatever the faults of the EU - and there are many - it is also the Union the Uk created. The two things which seemingly cause problems for us now - the entirely seamless free market, the enornous expansion into Eastern Europe that both makes it sprawling an unwieldy and causes unequal living standards to bring out the worst in free movement - those are UK creations. They weren't forced upon us. Thatcher and Blair led Europe in creating them. To paint it as an aloof foreign body is therefore wrong.

Finally, whilst Juncker and Tusk are hardly impressive statesmen, they've behaved nowhere near as boorishly towards Britain as Johnson and his cronies have towards the EU. And in any event, Tusk and Juncker are effectively civil servants. The people who stuck two fingers up at May for her plans (which are a fudge) on Thursday had no issue with democratic deficit or being EU insiders. They were the elected heads of government of the EU members, not faceless unanswerable administrators.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:"Prominent advocates ran away"   :lol:

Nigel Farage - still an MEP
Daniel Hannon - still an MEP
Michael Gove - still a minister in the UK government
Boris Johnson - still MP in UK government and (potential PM)
Jacob Rees Mogg - still an MP in the UK government and forcing the rabid far left speech denying thugs to wet themselves at night.
And all of them still arguing the case day in day out.

Where as.

Cameron and Osborne couldn't get their trainers on quick enough.
Did you forget you’d already posted this 5 minutes earlier? I wonder why.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Greenmile wrote:Did you forget you’d already posted this 5 minutes earlier? I wonder why.
Why do you think I wonder?.....

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Greenmile wrote:Did you forget you’d already posted this 5 minutes earlier? I wonder why.
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:27 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Why do you think I wonder?.....
I don’t think you wonder (I’m not convinced you have the faculties, tbh). I wonder though.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:30 pm

So. The Remoaners cannot deny that all the main brexiteers are STILL here and gunning for leaving the EU.

And when it's pointed out that the 2 main generals of the remain campaign have been confined to the political "where are they now" drawer. They have to resort to desperate accusations of the poster pointing it out bring drunk. Even resorting to uploading pictures!

Illustrates my point succinctly.
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:33 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:So. The Remoaners cannot deny that all the main brexiteers are STILL here and gunning for leaving the EU.

And when it's pointed out that the 2 main generals of the remain campaign have been confined to the political "where are they now" drawer. They have to resort to desperate accusations of the poster pointing it out bring drunk. Even resorting to uploading pictures!

Illustrates my point succinctly.
You think saying the exact same thing twice means it must be true? Certainly explains your MO on here.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:34 pm

I dont engage with drunks. They bring you down to their own level and beat you with experience :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: Greenmile Bordeauxclaret

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Greenmile wrote:You think saying the exact same thing twice means it must be true? Certainly explains your MO on here.
You've claimed that I'm drunk repeatedly. It doesn't mean it must be true.

Mr Kettle let me introduce you to Mr Pot........

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:I dont engage with drunks. They bring you down to their own level and beat you with experience :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:38 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:You've claimed that I'm drunk repeatedly. It doesn't mean it must be true.

Mr Kettle let me introduce you to Mr Pot........
I’ve never said it to you, though, so it doesn’t count, apparently.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1171 times
Has Liked: 2920 times

Post by burnleymik » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Edit - here’s another couple of examples of Brexit snowflakery over Tusk’s comments from another thread. They seem upset to me, but I’m sure dsr will explain that they aren’t.
What a strange view. You will realise most Brexiteers have no faith in Theresa May, but she is our PM and that should command respect from the EU. It was n't just Tusk who treated our PM with contempt.

I am amazed that anyone, regardless of whether remain or leave, could think the way their own PM was treated was acceptable. I think that just shows how blinkered some people can be.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:43 pm

burnleymik wrote:What a strange view. You will realise most Brexiteers have no faith in Theresa May, but she is our PM and that should command respect from the EU. It was n't just Tusk who treated our PM with contempt.

I am amazed that anyone, regardless of whether remain or leave, could think the way their own PM was treated was acceptable. I think that just shows how blinkered some people can be.
Was it acceptable to compare the EU to Nazis, as Boris did? It’s just I don’t remember you throwing your toys out and calling him disgusting when he did that.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Greenmile wrote:I’ve never said it to you, though, so it doesn’t count, apparently.
Your levels of comprehension really leave something to desire.

Nobody said "it doesn't count".

And regardless of who you saying it to. Your opinion doesn't count for me to be really honest.

Nice try though. Well, I say nice......
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Poor Ringo. So addled by the booze he can’t remember what he said just a couple of days ago.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Greenmile wrote:Was it acceptable to compare the EU to Nazis, as Boris did? It’s just I don’t remember you throwing your toys out and calling him disgusting when he did that.

Is Boris an elected leader? Was Boris in the EU representing Britain?

You are comparing apples to oranges. Wonderful levels of whataboutery though.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:47 pm

Greenmile wrote:Poor Ringo. So addled by the booze he can’t remember what he said just a couple of days ago.
You memory is clearly worse than mine!

The last thing I wrote was your opinion doesn't count.

Try your very best to absorb this as it clearly went one ear and out the other the first time gold fish brain.

You've claimed that I'm drunk repeatedly. It doesn't mean it must be true.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:48 pm

burnleymik wrote:What a strange view. You will realise most Brexiteers have no faith in Theresa May, but she is our PM and that should command respect from the EU. It was n't just Tusk who treated our PM with contempt.

Youre talking rubbish. I haven't seen anyone condone or support the behaviour of Tusk but what they have done is show the hypocrisy of those who thought it was great how Boris stuck it to the EU in the same contemptuous manner are now up in arms and disgusted by Tusk.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:49 pm

burnleymik wrote:Is Boris an elected leader? Was Boris in the EU representing Britain?
Erm, yes he is and yes he was. He was an elected MP who held the role of Foreign Secretary, so every public pronouncement he made was him representing Britain. This is pretty basic stuff.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 pm

Greenmile wrote:Erm, yes he is and yes he was. He was an elected MP who held the role of Foreign Secretary, so every public pronouncement he made was him representing Britain. This is pretty basic stuff.

What was he the elected leader of when he made that comment? He is not representing the UK anymore, only his constituents.

That is pretty basic stuff...
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:You memory is clearly worse than mine!

The last thing I wrote was your opinion doesn't count.
I never said it was the last thing you wrote did I? See, I can remember more than one post at a time.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Youre talking rubbish. I haven't seen anyone condone or support the behaviour of Tusk but what they have done is show the hypocrisy of those who thought it was great how Boris stuck it to the EU in the same contemptuous manner are now up in arms and disgusted by Tusk.
They are completely separate situations. May was there on behalf of the UK. Boris made personal comments. Surely even you can see the difference in the two scenarios.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Greenmile wrote:I never said it was the last thing you wrote did I? See, I can remember more than one post at a time.
No. But I did. As mik says, you really do struggle with the basics.

I can see now, why you're a Remoaner.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Also, to clarify Boris didn't compare the EU to Nazi's, he stated they were contemplating "Nazi style actions", which is not the same thing, but hey, don;t let context stop you from trying to make your point..

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:57 pm

burnleymik wrote:What was he the elected leader of when he made that comment? He is not representing the UK anymore, only his constituents.

That is pretty basic stuff...
He was Foreign Secretary, which means he was representing the British Government. How can you not get that?

From Wikipedia :-

“The Foreign Secretary's remit includes: relations with foreign countries, matters pertaining to the Commonwealth of Nations and the Overseas Territories in addition to the promotion of British interests abroad.”

The mental gymnastics you’re doing to avoid facing up to your hypocrisy are astounding (if not surprising).

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Greenmile wrote:He was Foreign Secretary, which means he was representing the British Government. How can you not get that?

From Wikipedia :-

“The Foreign Secretary's remit includes: relations with foreign countries, matters pertaining to the Commonwealth of Nations and the Overseas Territories in addition to the promotion of British interests abroad.”

The mental gymnastics you’re doing to avoid facing up to your hypocrisy are astounding (if not surprising).

I stand corrected about the timing, it wasn't his recent comments, but one from 2017.

That said, context clearly isn't your thing. You outright claim he called the EU Nazi's and that is a lie. He didn;t say that did he? Have you got the ability to accept when you are wrong? I doubt it somehow.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:00 pm

burnleymik wrote:They are completely separate situations. May was there on behalf of the UK. Boris made personal comments. Surely even you can see the difference in the two scenarios.
Jesus Christ of course the scenarios arent exactly the same but the underlying principle is easily close enough to highlight the hypocrisy. What about the other part of your statement, where are all the posters on here condoning what Tusk has done?

Lets face it you form your opinion purely based on which side said what and not based on the facts and any principles you might actually hold and value

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:01 pm

burnleymik wrote:Also, to clarify Boris didn't compare the EU to Nazi's, he stated they were contemplating "Nazi style actions", which is not the same thing, but hey, don;t let context stop you from trying to make your point..
Yep, accusing people of contemplating “Nazi style actions” isn’t the same as comparing them to Nazis at all, is it? :roll: So if I say you’re making “idiot style posts”, I wouldn’t be comparing you to an idiot?

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Jesus Christ of course the scenarios arent exactly the same but the underlying principle is easily close enough to highlight the hypocrisy. What about the other part of your statement, where are all the posters on here condoning what Tusk has done?

Lets face it you form your opinion purely based on which side said what and not based on the facts and any principles you might actually hold and value
Where are any remain posters condemning Tusk?

The scenarios are not the same. Has Mrs May insulted Tusk or any EU leader in the same manner? She is the leader of this country right now and that position should command respect. Regardless of you trying to justify it by something Boris said, which is laughable.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Greenmile wrote:Yep, accusing people of contemplating “Nazi style actions” isn’t the same as comparing them to Nazis at all, is it? :roll: So if I say you’re making “idiot style posts”, I wouldn’t be comparing you to an idiot?

Saying someone is contemplating acting in a certain way is not the same as saying they are something.

Let's stick to the facts eh?

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:04 pm

burnleymik wrote:I stand corrected about the timing, it wasn't his recent comments, but one from 2017.

That said, context clearly isn't your thing. You outright claim he called the EU Nazi's and that is a lie. He didn;t say that did he? Have you got the ability to accept when you are wrong? I doubt it somehow.
Show me where I said he called them Nazis. I didn’t, so that’s a lie. I didn’t say that did I?

And as for my ability to accept when I’m wrong, what is it with you right-wingers and projection?

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:06 pm

burnleymik wrote:Saying someone is contemplating acting in a certain way is not the same as saying they are something.

Again, I never said he called them Nazis, so let’s stick to the facts. I realise you’re finding this difficult, but you can start by reading the words I write.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:08 pm

To be honest I just wish everyone would stop calling everyone else nazis. Nazis are nazis, everyone else isn't.

I do find it funny though how the left are outraged about exaggerated references of nazism being thrown around undeservingly. Irony defined.
This user liked this post: burnleymik

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:10 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:To be honest I just wish everyone would stop calling everyone else nazis. Nazis are nazis, everyone else isn't.

I do find it funny though how the left are outraged about exaggerated references of nazism being thrown around undeservingly. Irony defined.
Who’s calling anyone a Nazi?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:10 pm

burnleymik wrote:Where are any remain posters condemning Tusk?
Why is it the responsibility for a remain poster to come out and proactively condemn someone they have nothing to do with personally or professionally? Again the remain posters on here dont criticise leave posters for not condemning people like Johnson because that would be ridiculous and unfair.

What does need highlighting is hypocrisy as in when you change your opinion on something just because of of which side said/did something cos this just shows your argument and integrity to be completely hollow and worthless

Edit: I see you've still avoided my question about the main part of your original post where you couldnt believe posters are condoning Tusk. So point me towards the evidence of this or just retract it and accept you exaggerated / made things up to make a point
Last edited by Devils_Advocate on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Why is it the responsibility for a remain poster to come out and proactively condemn someone they have nothing to do with personally or professionally?
Exactly, so why are you asking us to condemn Boris?

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Greenmile wrote:Again, I never said he called them Nazis, so let’s stick to the facts. I realise you’re finding this difficult, but you can start by reading the words I write.

Comparing them is calling them.

I realise you are trying to twist the words to suit your own meaning and deflect away from the fact that the two scenarios you are referencing are very different.

Theresa May was visiting the Eu representatives on behalf of the UK, as a guest, to work with them on Brexit and was treated the way she was. It's a world apart from the Boris scenario you are trying to relate it to.

Somehow you think one justifies the other, it doesn't.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:16 pm

burnleymik wrote:Exactly, so why are you asking us to condemn Boris?
Im not asking you to condemn Boris. Im saying if you feel strongly enough against that kind of behaviour to Condem tusk you should feel the same when Boris acts the same.

Im suggesting you should be principled to either not care about both of them doing it or be offended by both of them doing it. I am crticising you for only caring enough to make a big deal out of it when it happens to the side you support and when it happens to the other side you will do all you can to defend it as you have done on this thread already

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:17 pm

burnleymik wrote:Exactly, so why are you asking us to condemn Boris?
Nobody’s asking you to condemn Boris. We’re just pointing out the hypocrisy of you condemning Tusk for making a light-hearted (though admittedly unstatesman-like) comment, when it seems you were perfectly happy for Boris to do the same thing, only far worse.

Which would you prefer, for me to make a joke about you wanting to have your cake and eat it, or for me to compare you to a Nazi?

Edit - DA beat me to it.
Last edited by Greenmile on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:19 pm

burnleymik wrote:Saying someone is contemplating acting in a certain way is not the same as saying they are something.

burnleymik wrote:Comparing them is calling them.
Pretty difficult to stick to “the facts” when you change them every 5 minutes to avoid admitting you’re a hypocrite.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Offering cake to a diabetic, is akin to offering a recovering alcoholic a double whisky.