Stephen Ward

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Stephen Ward

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Seems to have put his foot in it a little with a leaked whatsapp conversation

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.inde ... 01014.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Re: Stephen Ward

Post by Dyched » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Roy’s right. Harry Arter is a prick.

Also, What is the point in going on international duty for 10 days or so if you can’t train 3 days in a row.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Harry Arter does seem like a bell. Yet again, so does Roy Keane. I’m surprised he’s employed by the FAI and ITV.

On the Guardian Football Weekly podcast there were suggestions that Keane doesn’t like Irish players that aren’t thoroughbred. Apparently he had problems with Mick McCarthy for those reasons. Don’t know of the validity but both Arter and Walters are not the most Irish of Irishmen.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 1104 times

Post by bfcmik » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:39 pm

The O'Neill response reads like a 'back us both' or 'sack us both' ultimatum to the FAI.

Mayoclaret
Been Liked: 219 times
Has Liked: 517 times

Post by Mayoclaret » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:03 pm

"Here's what Stephen Ward said in the WhatsApp message:

"So basically lads, Roy was getting on to the lads for not training three days in a row. Johnny's got a bad knee so he can't train all the time.

"They were at the training ground and him and Harry were just sitting on the bench, just relaxing and icing themselves and stuff. Roy walked over and was like, 'Why aren't you lads training?' and he blatantly knew why they weren't training because the manager would have told him and they were like, 'We can't do three days in a row'. 'What are you guys? Professional footballers? That's a shambles that is'. The both didn't say anything and Roy walked off and came back over again, 'So when are you going to train, I'm sick of people pulling out with injuries, what the f** is wrong with ya?' and the lads were like, 'Listen, we've got problems, we do it at our clubs, we can't do it'. Roy said something under his breath about Johnny and walked off.

"Johnny lost his head, jumped off the bench and walked after him, grabbed his arm and said, 'What's the story Roy? If you've got a problem say it to my face, don't f**king walk off' and he was like, 'I do have a problem, you're not training, you're getting soft, it's no wonder Dyche doesn't play ya, you're f**king always looking for an argument like you are now' and he was like, 'No Roy, you are the one trying to start an argument', and apparently they were squaring off to each other and having it off and had to be pulled off each other. All the lads were grabbing Johnny away from him... Johnny was going to kill him.

"Roy brought up something about when they were at Ipswich together, they had like a falling out as well. 'You're threatening me again Jon, like you did at Ipswich', and Johnny was like, 'Yeah, are you going to be a s**thouse again and send me my fine in the post rather than say it to my face?'.

"It blew over for a few days and then they flew out to France and Johnny apparently just text Roy was like, 'Listen Roy, I'm in room whatever, if you wanna come up, you've obviously got something on your mind that pisses you off about me because it's causing tension in the squad, let's talk it out'. Apparently Roy just wrote back, 'Nah, I'm just here to help players. People like you... stay out of each other's way. You don't need to reply to this message', and that was that.

"They got back from France and Harry felt his quad in training again. So he wasn't training. Apparently he was getting treatment in the treatment room and Roy walked in and was like, 'When are you going to train you ******* prick?' and Harry was like, 'What?', and he was like, 'Any chance of you training?'. He explained the situation again and Roy was going off going, 'You're a f**king pr**k, you're a c**t, you don't even care, you don't wanna train', and Harry was just going, 'Roy, I'm not speaking to you like this. I'm not listening to you. You're not the manager. You can't say anything to me'.

"Apparently Roy was going mad getting worse and worse and Harry got up off the treatment bed and was walking back to his room. As he was walking back Roy was shouting down the corridor, 'You're a f**king pr**k, you're a c**t you've been all your life' and that was really it lads.

"It didn't come to blows but basically just Roy losing his head."

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10257 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Keane was a cowardly thug at times as a player, it should not come as any great surprise that he's trying to perpetuate the myth of his "hardness".

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:31 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Keane was a cowardly thug at times as a player, it should not come as any great surprise that he's trying to perpetuate the myth of his "hardness".
The myth surely has been shattered with how Walters would have killed him .....

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:38 pm

That's true ! With his dodgy knee as well. :lol:

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 836 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:42 pm

The same Walters who told the Ipswich press he was 100% fit and training but just not getting picked..

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1181 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Post by Tribesmen » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Keane really , how long has he got before either he walks or sacked .

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2977 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:47 pm

It's about time someone filled Keane in. I can't abide the guy.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 922 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:51 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Keane was a cowardly thug at times as a player, it should not come as any great surprise that he's trying to perpetuate the myth of his "hardness".

Kean cowardly? I don't think so. Would you fancy telling him he's a coward? I don't think so.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 3347 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Keane's simply a very angry person and most very angry YOUNG people tend to grow out of it and mature somewhat, but not Roy! Having said that he's obviously a bit old school and if he thinks someone's dicking about and taking the p he's likely to say so and Walters is clearly a bit of a sick note as we very well know!

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8741 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:24 am

It is not Keane's business, unless the manager asks him to get rid of a couple. Very strange behaviour from a guy supposedly building a team spirit.

Must be after the sack!

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:43 am

now...Injured Ward misses Poland trip! :?

not made the trip to Wroclaw because of a foot injury :(

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:57 am

Stayingup wrote:Kean cowardly? I don't think so. Would you fancy telling him he's a coward? I don't think so.
It's Keane with an "e". :roll:
A cowardly player and, by the sounds of it, more than happy to rip into players, knowing full well that they are not going to be able to do anything.
You don't think his so-called "hard - man " image as a player was garnished a wee bit by himself and the press ? Again, committing fouls and squaring up but, most of the time, staying just this side of getting sent off. OK, ended a rival's career, really brave that foul was - even Shearer called him out ffs never mind Viera and Co.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:18 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:It's Keane with an "e". :roll:
A cowardly player and, by the sounds of it, more than happy to rip into players, knowing full well that they are not going to be able to do anything.
You don't think his so-called "hard - man " image as a player was garnished a wee bit by himself and the press ? Again, committing fouls and squaring up but, most of the time, staying just this side of getting sent off. OK, ended a rival's career, really brave that foul was - even Shearer called him out ffs never mind Viera and Co.
It's Vieira with two "i"'s :roll:

;)
This user liked this post: berbs78

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:25 pm

This is why Keane won't cut it as a manager in his own right. He is probably frustrated with the sick notes as in his day it was different. Not the right way to go about it though and I'm surprised someone hasn't ' filled him in' yet. He's all mouth and I don't think he's that hard at all.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:29 pm

If this is an accurate transcription, it would not be hard to see how 'Jonny' and SD might not get on.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:33 pm

Keane has always had a screw lose, especially when you see the incident with Alf-Inge Haaland. He never had the same skill levels as the likes of Kevin De Bruyne yet few would argue that he was one of the best midfielders of his generation in the world.

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Mayoclaret wrote:"Here's what Stephen Ward said in the WhatsApp message:

"So basically lads, Roy was getting on to the lads for not training three days in a row. Johnny's got a bad knee so he can't train all the time.

"They were at the training ground and him and Harry were just sitting on the bench, just relaxing and icing themselves and stuff. Roy walked over and was like, 'Why aren't you lads training?' and he blatantly knew why they weren't training because the manager would have told him and they were like, 'We can't do three days in a row'. 'What are you guys? Professional footballers? That's a shambles that is'. The both didn't say anything and Roy walked off and came back over again, 'So when are you going to train, I'm sick of people pulling out with injuries, what the f** is wrong with ya?' and the lads were like, 'Listen, we've got problems, we do it at our clubs, we can't do it'. Roy said something under his breath about Johnny and walked off.

"Johnny lost his head, jumped off the bench and walked after him, grabbed his arm and said, 'What's the story Roy? If you've got a problem say it to my face, don't f**king walk off' and he was like, 'I do have a problem, you're not training, you're getting soft, it's no wonder Dyche doesn't play ya, you're f**king always looking for an argument like you are now' and he was like, 'No Roy, you are the one trying to start an argument', and apparently they were squaring off to each other and having it off and had to be pulled off each other. All the lads were grabbing Johnny away from him... Johnny was going to kill him.

"Roy brought up something about when they were at Ipswich together, they had like a falling out as well. 'You're threatening me again Jon, like you did at Ipswich', and Johnny was like, 'Yeah, are you going to be a s**thouse again and send me my fine in the post rather than say it to my face?'.

"It blew over for a few days and then they flew out to France and Johnny apparently just text Roy was like, 'Listen Roy, I'm in room whatever, if you wanna come up, you've obviously got something on your mind that pisses you off about me because it's causing tension in the squad, let's talk it out'. Apparently Roy just wrote back, 'Nah, I'm just here to help players. People like you... stay out of each other's way. You don't need to reply to this message', and that was that.

"They got back from France and Harry felt his quad in training again. So he wasn't training. Apparently he was getting treatment in the treatment room and Roy walked in and was like, 'When are you going to train you ******* prick?' and Harry was like, 'What?', and he was like, 'Any chance of you training?'. He explained the situation again and Roy was going off going, 'You're a f**king pr**k, you're a c**t, you don't even care, you don't wanna train', and Harry was just going, 'Roy, I'm not speaking to you like this. I'm not listening to you. You're not the manager. You can't say anything to me'.

"Apparently Roy was going mad getting worse and worse and Harry got up off the treatment bed and was walking back to his room. As he was walking back Roy was shouting down the corridor, 'You're a f**king pr**k, you're a c**t you've been all your life' and that was really it lads.

"It didn't come to blows but basically just Roy losing his head."
Bloody hell would hate to be on whatsapp with him, never be able to read anyone elses stuff!

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:03 pm

apparently they were squaring off to each other and having it off and had to be pulled off each other.

Where's my mind bleach. :o

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Sounds like a barrel of laughs in the Ireland camp with Keane around!

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 1301 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Any manager that let's Keane be amongst his coaching staff wants his head examining. The man is a complete nut job.

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2341 times
Has Liked: 1041 times

Post by Clarets4me » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Stephen Ward seems to get blamed for everything, I remember the flak he got over the " Profumo " Affair !!