Funerals today of John & Susan Cooper ...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Funerals today of John & Susan Cooper ...

Post by Clarets4me » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:34 pm

This morning, Mrs Clarets4me and I attended the funerals of John & Susan Cooper, the Burnley couple who tragically passed away on holiday in Egypt last month. They were good friends of ours and both passionate Clarets, their coffins had Burnley scarves placed on top, amongst the flowers.

The inquests were opened in Preston yesterday, and subsequently adjourned, awaiting further information from the Egyptian authorities and results from toxicology tests conducted here. Hopefully, the inquests will get to the bottom of what actually happened. Throughout this dreadful affair, their daughter Kelly has conducted herself with a quiet steely determination and great courage at a time when her heart must be breaking inside. Her parents would have been very proud of her .....
These 22 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Aclaret pushpinpussy nil_desperandum Rick_Muller tiger76 bfcjg claretfern Top Claret Siddo icu81b4 dales_claret RoystonVasey Pommieclaret Garnerssoap LoveCurryPies JohnMac EK Claret moaninclaret Thick necker The Enclosure Dazzler

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Re: Funerals today of John & Susan Cooper ...

Post by pushpinpussy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:04 pm

my wife went to the same gym as Susan and said Susan was the fittest person going. very fishy what has gone on. i hope her daughter gets all the answers she requires and i agree she appears to have been a credit in very diffcult times

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5073 times
Has Liked: 6847 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:26 pm

It's just so sad. My heart goes out to the family. How can this happen ?

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Very well put Clatets4me. I was at the packed to the rafters church and then the Crematorium after the service.
Kelly, her young daughter and Susan’s family, not forgetting Johns long time friend spoke moving tributes of John and Susan. I and all the people among the congregation, (including former MP Gordon Bertwistle) have lost 2 very special people. Thank you to Burnley Police Officers for being on hand to control the traffic outside the Church.

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Post by Clarets4me » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Bfc wrote:Very well put Clarets4me. I was at the packed to the rafters church and then the Crematorium after the service.
Kelly, her young daughter and Susan’s family, not forgetting Johns long time friend spoke moving tributes of John and Susan. I and all the people among the congregation, (including former MP Gordon Birtwistle) have lost 2 very special people. Thank you to Burnley Police Officers for being on hand to control the traffic outside the Church.
It was very moving, as you say " Bfc ".Good to see also that the Press had taken heed of the family's request for some space and privacy and apart from a couple of photographers ( who kept a respectable distance ), they were conspicuous by their absence.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:32 pm

I went to a double funeral a few years ago, dad and daughter, but given the circumstances here it is so sad and I really don't know how their daughter has coped. It will never bring her mum and dad back but I hope she gets some closure on this.

I didn't know them although my brother did, but hope they can now both rest in peace.
These 2 users liked this post: BOYSIE31 The Enclosure

moaninclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by moaninclaret » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:55 pm

God bless John and Susans family, our thoughts and prayers are with you. A terrible tragedy to happen to any family, RIP both of you.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:42 pm

So sad.
Thoughts and love to all of you who knew them.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Let’s hope the truth comes out. Can’t imagine what Kelly is going through but she has been so dignified and deserves to know.