Watching the game in New England?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Watching the game in New England?

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:56 pm

I understand it is required to post a question for recommendations where you can watch a game when you are away on holiday.

So, this is my thread, keeping with the tradition. ;)

Any views on the weather I might expect from anyone near that part of the world will be very welcome. :)

UTC

PhiladelphiaChris
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 467 times

Re: Watching the game in New England?

Post by PhiladelphiaChris » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Low teens the low and low twenties the high and sunny.No idea where to watch the game it will be a 10.00am kick off here.I have an app for $50 a year to watch every game on. NBC sports gold. All games that are not on regular tv.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Paul Waine wrote:I understand it is required to post a question for recommendations where you can watch a game when you are away on holiday.

So, this is my thread, keeping with the tradition. ;)

Any views on the weather I might expect from anyone near that part of the world will be very welcome. :)

UTC
Care to narrow it down a bit? There’s only six states in the area known as New England :lol:

Assume you mean the Boston area anyway in which case it’s worth getting in touch with someone from the North American clarets either on twitter or Facebook as I believe they had a meet up in Boston and will be able to let you know a good bar that shows the PL fixtures.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:17 pm

PhiladelphiaChris wrote:Low teens the low and low twenties the high and sunny.No idea where to watch the game it will be a 10.00am kick off here.I have an app for $50 a year to watch every game on. NBC sports gold. All games that are not on regular tv.
Thanks, Chris (at a guess). I've realised I'm in the air when tomorrow's game is on. Any chance I can find a "match of the day" program(me) when I get to hotel in Boston?

I was over in Denver mid-August (that one was for work...) and City were on NBCS (at 6:30 am), but I couldn't find anywhere that was showing the Clarets on NBCS gold at the same time. :(

Following w/end I should be somewhere more remote in the White Mountains, I think.

So long as "all the leaves are"....red and orange and brown and so on it will be a great trip.

And, who knows how many points the Clarets might have before I get home.

UTC
This user liked this post: PhiladelphiaChris

PhiladelphiaChris

Post by PhiladelphiaChris » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:28 pm

The early game is on NBCSN then two 3.00pm GMT games on NBCSN and NBC. The later game is on NBC. Our game is only on the paid app NBC sports gold. I think goal zone shows the goals on NBC sports at 2.30 pm. NBC sports gold is an online only app, no tv channel available for it The leaves are starting to turn but middle of October normally thr best time.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:35 pm

deanothedino wrote:Care to narrow it down a bit? There’s only six states in the area known as New England :lol:

Assume you mean the Boston area anyway in which case it’s worth getting in touch with someone from the North American clarets either on twitter or Facebook as I believe they had a meet up in Boston and will be able to let you know a good bar that shows the PL fixtures.
Starting and finishing in Boston. I think I'll be visiting MA, ME, NH, VT and back to MA (if I don't get lost). ;)

Are Rhode Island and Connecticut the 2 of the 6 New England states I'm missing?
This user liked this post: ontario claret

PhiladelphiaChris

Post by PhiladelphiaChris » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:37 pm

Are Rhode Island and Connecticut the 2 of the 6 New England states I'm missingY Yes.

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:13 am

Cold front coming through on Saturday. Could be really nasty for a couple of hours. We've had extensive power outages in Toronto today. Possibility of tornadoes.

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:15 am

The good news: it ain't Kansas, Dorothy.