Firestick options

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Firestick options

Post by IanMcL » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Since the loss of Sportsmania Inc the bitmap fiasco, I have relied on the APKs.

Mixed success.

Currently watching the Firestick APK and that is fine except it is an SD quality.
Mobdro same.

The best is Red box with great HD. Sadly, the stream is interrupted at different times, which is a real pain, as it is often at vital times. Clever them!

So on the one hand, see it all but a not best or see it perfectly and risk losing the live vital bits.

Is this the experience of others?

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Re: Firestick options

Post by claretandy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:43 pm

i'm back on sportsmania, the bitcoin really isn't that difficult to do.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:45 pm

The time you spend messing around trying to find a good provider you could just learn how to use bitcoin. Follow SM guide and its simple and only adds about £3-£5 to the total annual cost through the fees you pay. Took me less than 10 mins to renew for both my and my old man this year and got us both covered till next July

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:52 pm

I'm getting fed up of firesticks you seem to be messing about all the time, I think they've abandoned terranuim TV the patch didn't work, I'm on freeflixs HQ.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Roku with access to a private server instead of SM

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:57 pm

I use a service which has been really reliable- only problem is that it's a secret group on facebook so you can only get in if people you are friends with on facebook are already in there.

Was once a SM user and found it good but unreliable and the amount of rubbish that you used to get when streams crashed about it being you that had the problem, left a sour taste in my mouth.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:The time you spend messing around trying to find a good provider you could just learn how to use bitcoin. Follow SM guide and its simple and only adds about £3-£5 to the total annual cost through the fees you pay. Took me less than 10 mins to renew for both my and my old man this year and got us both covered till next July
6 month option is the longest shown now....unless you can point me somewhere. The year option seems unavailable.

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:32 pm

IanMcL wrote:6 month option is the longest shown now....unless you can point me somewhere. The year option seems unavailable.
SM is unreliable

Its run by a guy in Nigeria ffs

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:34 pm

IanMcL wrote:6 month option is the longest shown now....unless you can point me somewhere. The year option seems unavailable.
You just by enough Bitcoin for the year and sign up for 6 months twice. Their system starts the second subscription from the end of the first so shows your end date as 12 months from when you sign up
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:39 pm

theroyaldyche wrote:SM is unreliable

Its run by a guy in Nigeria ffs
Im no SM fanboy and I know people who have great IPTVs so each to their own. SM was down all summer while they revamped their servers but from day 1 of the Prem league they have been faultless for every Prem game ive watched. Its took them a bit to catch up with some of the other sports but stuff like Cricket, boxing, golf etc and non Prem League football also looks to be working great.

Ian is obviously comfortable with using SM apart from the bitcoin issue so I think for him just learning about how to pay by BC will be the easiest way for him to get using a provider he is comfortable and happy with.

Dont get people arguing trying to slag off other providers as long as youre happy with what you use then great cos for me I just want to help all other footy fans find a way to watch the matches online cos we're all on the same side as fans
This user liked this post: IanMcL

ReddishClaret
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by ReddishClaret » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:52 pm

I use Plex IPTV bought from eBay £25 for 12 months

Millertime v1.7
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:08 pm

That was the one cutsy was DESPERATELY trying to flog on here. He pushed it too hard and got banned. That was quite funny as I recall.
This user liked this post: theroyaldyche

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Millertime v1.7 wrote:That was the one cutsy was DESPERATELY trying to flog on here. He pushed it too hard and got banned. That was quite funny as I recall.
RIP CUTSY

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Plex itself is just a media player and is free to download and use for hosting your own media across all your devices. To watch football you still need a paid sub as well as plex whereby you will pay to access someone elses server where the media such as Burnley games will be hosted and streamed from

There will be thousands of different subs offered through Plex but I think Cutsy used it to position his sub as if it was Plex itself he was selling because if someone with limited knowledge looked up Plex it would seem really reliable and kosher because the platform itself is. What can be dodgy is sending someone you dont know your money on the promise they will have faultless content and will not screw you over.

My advice would be to either go with someone you know and trust, a provider someone you know already uses and is happy with or a larger company that has got a good reputation. Giving a random person you dont know money is a bit of a risk IMO and I wouldnt advise it

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Plex itself is just a media player and is free to download and use for hosting your own media across all your devices. To watch football you still need a paid sub as well as plex whereby you will pay to access someone elses server where the media such as Burnley games will be hosted and streamed from

There will be thousands of different subs offered through Plex but I think Cutsy used it to position his sub as if it was Plex itself he was selling because if someone with limited knowledge looked up Plex it would seem really reliable and kosher because the platform itself is. What can be dodgy is sending someone you dont know your money on the promise they will have faultless content and will not screw you over.

My advice would be to either go with someone you know and trust, a provider someone you know already uses and is happy with or a larger company that has got a good reputation. Giving a random person you dont know money is a bit of a risk IMO and I wouldnt advise it
:lol:

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Are you Cutsy in disguise?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:36 pm

IanMcL wrote:Are you Cutsy in disguise?
Nope I aint trying to flog anyone anything but I have helped a few people on here with issues they were having with SM over the summer

No idea how good and reliable his "plex" service was but I wouldnt have recommended anyone who didnt know owt about him apart from his username on here to handover any cash

My guess would be that the other poster on this thread is either him, knows him well or is linked to the sub he was trying to sell

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:49 pm

Sportsmania has been good this season (the bitcoin thing isn't an issue for me). Watched yesterday's game plus various others with no flaws. The one Cutsy was promoting is average at best.

Millertime v1.7

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Wouldn't be surprised to learn that cutsy was on multiple teams forums trying to fleece members into signing up. He relied on technophobes lack of tech savvy to cash in. I clicked onto what he was up to early on and he began to sweat. He didn't like being rumbled at all.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:58 pm

I’ve subscribed to Smoothstreams/Starstreams for the last 2yrs and never had issue and always been able to watch any event I wanted.
Like most good subscription services though they limit the number of users

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:28 pm

I paid for an IPTV source and am happy with the football coverage when I needed it.

Watching the AJ Boxing last night and as soon as the bell went so did the picture. Had 13 options and every one was the same. As soon as the fight was over, so was the 'blackout'.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:33 pm

Millertime v1.7 wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to learn that cutsy was on multiple teams forums trying to fleece members into signing up. He relied on technophobes lack of tech savvy to cash in. I clicked onto what he was up to early on and he began to sweat. He didn't like being rumbled at all.
Worked absolutely fine for me so far.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Nope I aint trying to flog anyone anything
I didn't mean you DA. Was referring to theroyaldyche.

I have tried to buy Bitcoin by signing up to Bitcoin trader via the link on the sportsmania page. That won't let me join, as it says there is a later t&c but won't update itself!

All in all, Bitcoin and me seem poles apart!
Sadly that leaves me poles apart with sportsmania!

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Worked absolutely fine for me so far.
They dont have fibre in scotland. Jus tins of irn bru and empty head fans

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:46 pm

IanMcL wrote:I didn't mean you DA. Was referring to theroyaldyche.

I have tried to buy Bitcoin by signing up to Bitcoin trader via the link on the sportsmania page. That won't let me join, as it says there is a later t&c but won't update itself!

All in all, Bitcoin and me seem poles apart!
Sadly that leaves me poles apart with sportsmania!
Sorry to hear that. I used Coinbase which was a little more expensive in fees but easy to use. Its a few years since i set up my coinbase account so not sure if things have changed but maybe have a look at it to see if it makes more sense. I used the SM guides on how to transfer from Coinbase to SM

good luck getting sorted with something and happy to try and help if you have a go

Millertime v1.7

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:38 pm

theroyaldyche wrote:They dont have fibre in scotland. Jus tins of irn bru and empty head fans
Seeing how it's guys like yourself that cutsy preyed on for a bit of extra cash maybe it's YOU who's the empty headed one. Very interesting you won't hear a bad word said against him. Very interesting INDEED....
To be continued.

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Oh great, I love a good thriller. I'll just crack open a can of Dandelion and Burdock .

Millertime v1.7

Post by Millertime v1.7 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Aclaret don't encourage theroyaldyche. He's been out of line all day. I've a good mind to send rumpus knocking round your back door :-D chance would be a fine thing. He's loved up with Morag now tups out of the picture.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:24 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Sorry to hear that. I used Coinbase which was a little more expensive in fees but easy to use. Its a few years since i set up my coinbase account so not sure if things have changed but maybe have a look at it to see if it makes more sense. I used the SM guides on how to transfer from Coinbase to SM

good luck getting sorted with something and happy to try and help if you have a go
It might help if you could check the sportsmania.rocks site and check the format for renewing, if that's possible. It won't let me register for Bitcoin and even if it did, I do not get the ordering of said Bitcoin via their click link.

Apart from that, I remain totally bemused! Beaten by a phantom currency!

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:24 am

Millertime v1.7 wrote:Seeing how it's guys like yourself that cutsy preyed on for a bit of extra cash maybe it's YOU who's the empty headed one. Very interesting you won't hear a bad word said against him. Very interesting INDEED....
To be continued.
Cutsy no longer posts but yes i do kno him well and its a shame he was shafted out of the site whilst helpin some including myself when i cant get to a game. I dont think he would need to post again either given the majority of the streamers on the site use his service anyway. Jus like people pay money to a site in sportsmania not knowing the outcome or what they will get. Its a word of mouth game.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:51 am

My mate watches a fantastic service, Every match and a lot more, and its been perfect for a long time. Obviously I cant publish the details on here, so no way of passing it on.

JohnMac

Post by JohnMac » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:16 am

'Blind man on a galloping horse' alert :lol:

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:46 am

JohnMac wrote:I paid for an IPTV source and am happy with the football coverage when I needed it.

Watching the AJ Boxing last night and as soon as the bell went so did the picture. Had 13 options and every one was the same. As soon as the fight was over, so was the 'blackout'.
That's your internet provider that's doing that, the cunning little barstewards.

I had the same problem the last time Joshua fought, so bought myself a subscription to the VPN, IP Vanish,
and all has been well since. Cost is approx £20 per quarter.

Hope this helps.

ropecatchmonkey
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by ropecatchmonkey » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:46 am

Cutsy wasn't pushy at all just trying to do folk a favour me included never looked back since I took his advice it would appear a lot of other people did the same! Long live cutsy

JohnMac

Post by JohnMac » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 am

Funkydrummer wrote:That's your internet provider that's doing that, the cunning little barstewards.

I had the same problem the last time Joshua fought, so bought myself a subscription to the VPN, IP Vanish,
and all has been well since. Cost is approx £20 per quarter.

Hope this helps.
Cheers FD.

I have still got IP Vanish from when I used SM but the ATB Hosting does not need one. I did 'try to move to Amsterdam' but to no avail during the fight :(

I will have to check my router settings again because I use SKY Fibre so it seems likely they have used some form of blocker as it only affected the Sky PPV stream.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:25 pm

IanMcL wrote:It might help if you could check the sportsmania.rocks site and check the format for renewing, if that's possible. It won't let me register for Bitcoin and even if it did, I do not get the ordering of said Bitcoin via their click link.

Apart from that, I remain totally bemused! Beaten by a phantom currency!
My sportsmania rocks has the option to renew and when I wasn't logged in it had the option to sign up but I couldn't go any further as I'm already a member.

If you are able to set up a coinbase account and buy £70 worth of bitcoin (a bit more if you wanted to play it safe around fees) then I can definitely help you transfer the bitcoin from CB to SM as that only takes a minute once you know the process.

karatekid
Been Liked: 1103 times
Has Liked: 316 times

Post by karatekid » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Use the code STAY to get 20% off IP Vanish when signing up.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:36 pm

I have a wallet! That's as far as I got when I tried a while back. That's a mystery too! :roll: