Yet another stabbing

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Re: Yet another stabbing

Post by Chobulous » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:48 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Thing is, it doesn't matter if the Lib Dems are full of people who shouldn't be anywhere near power does it?
2010 - 2015 tells us that it does matter
This user liked this post: martin_p

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:07 am

Only if you want to blame them for everything it does.

The reality of 2010 has completely and conveniently whitewashed from the narrative if you are a Labour supporter.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:14 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Only if you want to blame them for everything it does.

The reality of 2010 has completely and conveniently whitewashed from the narrative if you are a Labour supporter.
I think he just meant that Lib Dem politicians have very recently been ‘in power’ and could be again in the event of a hung parliament, so it does in fact matter if they too are full of incompetents. Think it’s a fair point.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:18 am

I don't think there is any circumstances where the Lib Dems will be coalition with anyone (unless its about five fringe parties) again to be honest.

And its not suggesting that you or Cholbolous are wrong (or Labour supporters who forget stuff!) but that its a comment that if you are going to have politicians with limited ability, then its best if they are in the parties that don't normally make generation changing decisions.

As far as I'm aware, there is almost universal approval for what the Met are doing, which is a good thing surely?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:32 am

Don’t disagree on the Met thing, Abbott is wrong on that. But not agreeing with someone on a few points doesn’t make them incapable or incompetent in my opinion. It’s not knowing some of the basic stuff you need to do your job that makes you incompetent. Like Raab not knowing about the importance of Calais to Dover as a trade route and countless other politicians who have made pronouncements on Brexit without having a clue what their talking about. Yes, Abbott got her numbers mixed up on the radio at the last election, but that was more a memory lapse thing under pressure rather than incompetence. I may disagree with her on a number of things, but I think she’s a long way down the list when it comes to incompetent politicians.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:04 am

This forum proves one thing, there really is someone for everyone.

Even Abbott can be defended on here.
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Damo

aggi
Been Liked: 2122 times

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:07 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:I don't think there is any circumstances where the Lib Dems will be coalition with anyone (unless its about five fringe parties) again to be honest.

And its not suggesting that you or Cholbolous are wrong (or Labour supporters who forget stuff!) but that its a comment that if you are going to have politicians with limited ability, then its best if they are in the parties that don't normally make generation changing decisions.

As far as I'm aware, there is almost universal approval for what the Met are doing, which is a good thing surely?
Although the Lib Dems were involved in a generation changing decision unfortunately when they were part of watering down PR to AV in the referendum.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:09 am

But again, the decision was made to drop that to keep in other things.

And with the Conservatives and Labour dead against any change (then and probably now), I doubt it would have made an difference.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:11 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:This forum proves one thing, there really is someone for everyone.

Even Abbott can be defended on here.
If people can explain to me why she’s a incompetent politician then I’m willing to have my mind changed, although it won’t be changed by forgetting some numbers once on a radio show.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:12 am

I think she's an excellent local MP and I think she's an electoral liability nationally (whether that is fair or not is open to question)

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:But again, the decision was made to drop that to keep in other things.

And with the Conservatives and Labour dead against any change (then and probably now), I doubt it would have made an difference.
That was probably the only thing that would really have had a lasting impact though. It was a once in a generation thing sacrificed for some short-term gains/influence.

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:I think she's an excellent local MP and I think she's an electoral liability nationally (whether that is fair or not is open to question)
People I know in her constituency who've dealt with her have been underwhelmed.

On the scale of incompetent MPs though she's got a fair way to go to catch up with people like Chris Grayling.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:49 am

True, but again I still don't think it would have been passed in a referendum. I do wonder if the Lib Dem leadership knew that as well and were happy to lose it in return for other things.

Course, they certainly underestimated the ability of the Conservatives and the media to blame them for everything while making sure the Conservatives took the credit for everything. And Labour were more than happy to stick the boot in as well, as it would mean more votes for them.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:51 am

Yeah, Chris Grayling is as bad on the other side

I based my reasoning on her being a good local MP on her massive majority, but (as I've just realised!) equally useless MPs such as Chris Chope and Bill Cash have similar whopping majorities.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:52 am

To give Diane Abbott her due she has put forward a motion for 3 additional Bank holidays for employees in this country to secure a better work / life balance. The holidays she has proposed are :

43rd April
34th June
72nd September

I thank you !
These 5 users liked this post: Damo Pimlico_Claret Stayingup tiger76 DCWat

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Wisswosswass wrote:I blame poverty personally. They need 100" TV's and free everything. Those 50" inch TV's and iPhones while your children don't have food or clothes is not going to pay for itself bruv, innit?! BTW. I totally get where you're coming from and carefully worded, you'll still be labelled a racist despite it being blindingly obvious. I don't even bother to click on BBC news when this happens. I know which 'cultural background' they're from and boom! I'm always right. Elephant in the room, but nobody has the balls to say it.
I blame drugs and lack of a father around. It's Jamaicans and Somalis mainly.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Spaceman wrote:Check out Scottish stabbings and notice no black boys. So that screws up your pinning it on race . What do Glasgow youths and black London youth have in common I wonder ?
Evidence based assessment? You need to get a lot more data and contrast and compare before drawing a conclusion.
Go on then tell us some numbers for this year Glasgow v London stabbings. If you can't why are you commenting?

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:42 pm

Stayingup wrote:I blame drugs and lack of a father around. It's Jamaicans and Somalis mainly.

Remember that human rights law your lot hate? You know, the one about having a right to a family life? Well that would lead to more kids growing up without a father around. So i'm sure you're going to completely change your view on that article. Right?

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:45 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I think she's an excellent local MP and I think she's an electoral liability nationally (whether that is fair or not is open to question)
How do you know she's a good MP? Thought you lived in Cleveleys. She's a numb as a brick and doesn't practice what she preaches. I know a lot about her from Jamaica.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Broken families who have a culture of irresponsible and violent behaviour that is the problem.
Nearly all these knife attacks are from black African or mixed races who have no male role model

lovebeingaclaret
Been Liked: 120 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by lovebeingaclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:14 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:It should be pretty obvious, but i'll explain.

When it's pointed out that men, or the young are more inclined to this behaviours it's always seriously discussed why that might be the case. Unemployment, lack of opportunities, education etc. But when a black kid stabs someone and someone like me says it's because of those same reasons that younger people tend more towards violence then i'm ridiculed because the reason to those doing the ridiculing is obvious - he's black and it's because he's violent.

Just look at the first reply in this thread and its sneering at poverty as a possible explanation as to why some people and not others are lured by gangs.

Why can't these poor poverty stricken dears go and get the jobs that the tens of thousands, if not hundreds, east European lads and lasses who travel hundreds of miles for the work?
I'm sure there will be plenty of jobs where skills with cutting implements are available.

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:27 pm

Sugar cane harvesting?

ClaretCliff
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 135 times

Post by ClaretCliff » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:28 pm

martin_p wrote:If people can explain to me why she’s a incompetent politician then I’m willing to have my mind changed, although it won’t be changed by forgetting some numbers once on a radio show.
Its not just her innumeracy though, is it. For a shadow home secretary she isn't too hot on the law either. Here is the Camden police's response to her tweet saying that knocking thieves off their mopeds is illegal - “Someone who’s responsible for law-making (or at least debating and ratifying new legislation) should probably realise that using tactical contact to terminate dangerous pursuits is entirely within our lawful power… And our responsibility.”

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:30 pm

martin_p wrote:If people can explain to me why she’s a incompetent politician then I’m willing to have my mind changed, although it won’t be changed by forgetting some numbers once on a radio show.
What a belter, best post for a long time. :lol:

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:47 pm

BennyD wrote:What a belter, best post for a long time. :lol:
But you won’t provide an answer.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:50 pm

ClaretCliff wrote:Its not just her innumeracy though, is it. For a shadow home secretary she isn't too hot on the law either. Here is the Camden police's response to her tweet saying that knocking thieves off their mopeds is illegal - “Someone who’s responsible for law-making (or at least debating and ratifying new legislation) should probably realise that using tactical contact to terminate dangerous pursuits is entirely within our lawful power… And our responsibility.”
The tweet is on this thread. She didn’t say it wasn’t legal, she said it shouldn’t be legal.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:31 am

martin_p wrote:But you won’t provide an answer.
A video saves a thousand words, most of which she doesn’t seem to understand.

https://youtu.be/w-Syo86gsHk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: 69 WALLOP

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:34 am

BennyD wrote:A video saves a thousand words, most of which she doesn’t seem to understand.

https://youtu.be/w-Syo86gsHk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That doesn't prove incompetence as a public servant, just as a public speaker/communicator. Talk to me about how she's bad at her job.

69 WALLOP
Been Liked: 14 times
Has Liked: 220 times

Post by 69 WALLOP » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:20 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:That doesn't prove incompetence as a public servant, just as a public speaker/communicator. Talk to me about how she's bad at her job.
:lol:

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:31 am

She’s blinded by race, so quick to criticise the actions of the police when she perceives them to be against her community but NEVER has anything to say when violent members of her community attack the police or each other. Why can’t she admit that there is a problem with black kids stabbing black kids? Words fail me with her, and David Lammy.

There’s not many more racist politicians than the shadow Home Secretary.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:40 am

bfcjg wrote:Last time I was in London I was strongly advised by the receptionist Black lady born and bred in London by accent ) that we ought to get a taxi to the tube as you pass through a Somali area then an Eritrean then a Nigerian area and it's dangerous. If they are not fighting each other over turf they will mug you .
Grow a pair, and stop doing bad Donald Trump impersonations. I live in Peckham South London & will walk anywhere in London wearing my £200 headphones without a care in the world.
10 years in London I know one person who has been mugged.
Have you thought about consulting for Project Fear?

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:56 am

CombatClaret wrote:Grow a pair, and stop doing bad Donald Trump impersonations. I live in Peckham South London & will walk anywhere in London wearing my £200 headphones without a care in the world.
How do you explain the violence then? You know, all the stabbings and murders etc? Genuinely interested that you can walk anywhere in London safe in the knowledge that you are safe whereas people around you are being stabbed left right and centre.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:56 am

69 WALLOP wrote::lol:

That's not an argument.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:58 am

CombatClaret wrote:Grow a pair, and stop doing bad Donald Trump impersonations. I live in Peckham South London & will walk anywhere in London wearing my £200 headphones without a care in the world.
Deflect from the obvious racism in his comment by pointing to the Remain side of the Brexit debate, eh? You don't think there's a more appropriate side of that debate that fearmongered about immigrants?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_pi5Si-sU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She is not only incompetent, she is thick and a danger too

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:47 am

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:How do you explain the violence then? You know, all the stabbings and murders etc? Genuinely interested that you can walk anywhere in London safe in the knowledge that you are safe whereas people around you are being stabbed left right and centre.
Ten million people live in London, the number of stabbings as a proportion of this is infinitesimal. I have also managed to walk around London every day without being stabbed.

Bfcjg never did say where this was ...

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:33 am

IT, a politician that can’t communicate, or speak in public, is like a footballer that can’t kick a ball; communication is her job. However, it’s not just her inability to construct meaningful sentences that makes her seem like an idiot, she looks like one as well. She has a supercilious smug look on a face that I would never get sick of kicking. She is yet another meaningless politician plucked from the fringes of obscurity (by her ex) and is showing the world exactly why she was on the fringes of obscurity. If it wasn’t for her banging on about racism nobody would ever have heard of her. A waste of skin.
These 2 users liked this post: AlargeClaret 69 WALLOP

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:17 am

If Labour want to be serious about getting into power then unfortunately they need to get rid of the likes of Abbott.
Part of her job is 100% communication and to understand and be prepared with information and facts - including numbers. Yes everyone can make mistakes but she has been a liability for a long time.
We are talking about the woman who publicly attacked Tony Blair for sending his kids to private school....only to be later humiliated by the fact that she had sent her son to public school. Hypocrisy like this is obviously everywhere in politics but how stupid or arrogant must you be to put yourself in this position ?
She went to Cambridge so obviously she is not stupid....but her credibility is that shot she will never be anything but a joke to the public and she damages her own reputation and that of the Labour Party every time she opens her mouth.
This user liked this post: Pimlico_Claret

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:33 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Deflect from the obvious racism in his comment by pointing to the Remain side of the Brexit debate, eh? You don't think there's a more appropriate side of that debate that fearmongered about immigrants?
IT I'm on your side when it comes to most things so don't lash out too readily. I was pointing out the hypocrisy that remain is excused of scaremongering on Brexit then on another topic the same people are do exactly the same re: immigration and race.
'Parts of London you can't go'... What a load of bllx

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:11 pm

This might blow everyone's minds here but consider this for a moment

- Knife crime by black youths in London is a cultural issue
- It is also fuelled by poverty

Boom, everyone is partially correct and we can move on with how to solve it...

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Do we appear to have a concensus here that UKIP doesn't count as a party any more?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:40 pm

timshorts wrote:Do we appear to have a concensus here that UKIP doesn't count as a party any more?
They have Party in their name therefore they must be a party. Just like how Nazis were socialists. Or something.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:51 pm

timshorts wrote:Do we appear to have a concensus here that UKIP doesn't count as a party any more?
for now....but given the kind of people they are currently look to bring in as advisors my guess would be they are gearing up to relaunch themselves as some kind of jingoistic nationalist saviour of all those little Englanders frothing at the mouth at the possibility of no hard Brexit...or even funnier no Brexit at all.

Lord Rothbury
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Lord Rothbury » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:40 pm

We seem to have drifted of topic here.No surprise really as the usual posters turn what was "non whites stabbing each other" into an anti Nazi anti Brexit thread .

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:53 pm

Lord Rothbury wrote:We seem to have drifted of topic here.No surprise really as the usual posters turn what was "non whites stabbing each other" into an anti Nazi anti Brexit thread .

I bet a little bit of you dies inside every time you have to use the term "non-whites".

Could have just referred to them as "people". I'm not sure why you didn't.

Lord Rothbury

Post by Lord Rothbury » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:05 pm

"Non white people who have a propensity for using knives against other white or non white people" Is that any better.

Lord Rothbury

Post by Lord Rothbury » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk-UmDft1o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Even Crocodile Dundee would agree that is what you call a knife.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20 am

For the benefit of Martin_p and IT; still need convincing? Watch this rib tickler and and ask yourself if she is a competent politician.

https://youtu.be/2KMh_WlrZT0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 am

BennyD wrote:IT, a politician that can’t communicate, or speak in public, is like a footballer that can’t kick a ball; communication is her job. However, it’s not just her inability to construct meaningful sentences that makes her seem like an idiot, she looks like one as well. She has a supercilious smug look on a face that I would never get sick of kicking. She is yet another meaningless politician plucked from the fringes of obscurity (by her ex) and is showing the world exactly why she was on the fringes of obscurity. If it wasn’t for her banging on about racism nobody would ever have heard of her. A waste of skin.
“I would never get sick of kicking this 65 year old lady in the face”

Classy.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:13 am

BennyD wrote: However, it’s not just her inability to construct meaningful sentences that makes her seem like an idiot, she looks like one as well..
You've just totally undermined your own argument.
Many - on both sides of politics - will share your low opinion of Ms. Abbott, but how can she look like an idiot, and what does her appearance matter in any case?
Has anyone ever defined what an idiot looks like?
Does (e.g) Rees-Mogg's appearance make him more or less intelligent / competent?
She is, by the way, a Cambridge graduate, so by no definition stupid. Unfortunately, she's just not very good at a lot of elements of her job.