Gender-neutral toilets at BFC

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Re: Gender-neutral toilets at BFC

Post by Sutton-Claret » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:17 pm

What next? Prosecco?

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Do we have any supporters who are gender free? I can understand one for brain free:-)

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2000 times
Has Liked: 1145 times

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:39 pm

Will they be situated at The Pee All End ?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6958 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Is everyone else missing the point or am I? I don't think anyone has suggested gender neutral toilets for people who don't identify as either a man or a woman, I'm sure the suggestion is for unisex toilets which as I pointed out above I have used in many other establishments such as restaurants, bars, cinemas and even airports.

Maybe I've misunderstood this and there is actually a clamour for separate toilet facilities for people who identify as gender neutral, but I highly doubt it. The anti-PC-brigade love to be outraged though.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Rileybobs wrote: The anti-PC-brigade love to be outraged though.
You're not wrong, you should see the comments I got when I posted the petition on some facebook football groups, and private messages with death threats...

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Guich wrote:Unisex toilets are more common abroad, and they work fine. Fairer to the girls too as they don't have to queue so long.

But at the Turf I doubt they'd work, as there is much high pressure peeing to be done at half time, and while ladies bogs (in my experience) are generally lovely it wouldn't be nice for our WAGs to have to join the rest of us where we pee.

If it's a LBGT thing then can't the LBGTs go where they feel most comfortable? And if there was a gender neutral bog could we all go in?

Is there one at Brighton?
Just wondered, unless you are a plumber (in which case I apologise in advance) just how much 'experience' do you have in ladies toilets?

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Guich wrote:It's not really something you'd have to get ready for. I can't imagine anyone really being bothered if a Unisex bog sprang up.
I just can't see it.
How would you use it then, if you couldn't see it?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5559 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:33 pm

After GN bogs there should be safe spaces for fans who are intimidated by crowds and loud noises.

Although there would need to be security on the door to stop KRBFC and Cleveleys from using it as a hiding place from "Dycheball"
These 4 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex burnleymik Bosscat whiffa

chipbutty
Been Liked: 136 times
Has Liked: 132 times

Post by chipbutty » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:46 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:Hi guys, I've started a petition to get Burnley Football Club to introduce "gender-neutral" toilets to improve the match day experience.
It's undoubtedly a move forward for such a modern-thinking club as ours :)

Don't forget to sign and share...

Sign the Petition https://chn.ge/2OFsuRe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; via @change_es
Get lost Mark :lol:
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Guich wrote:It's not really something you'd have to get ready for. I can't imagine anyone really being bothered if a Unisex bog sprang up.
I just can't see it.
I'm sure the women would really enjoy being in the bogs at the same time as drunk men...

Plus how would the coke heads feel?

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:30 pm

After work has been completed on the corner stands never mind extending the rest of the ground. There's work to be done on constructing different toilets, prayer rooms for all religions, safe spaces and therapy rooms. It makes you wonder how people have managed all these years. It's not as if people just go to watch football is it.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:59 pm

Singed it because why not

TonbridgeClaret
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by TonbridgeClaret » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:03 pm

I sometimes hear my wife farting like mad in the toilet, I don’t fancy gender neutral toilets if all women sound like that!

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:23 pm

Guich wrote: Is there one at Brighton?
There was one in the Brighton Centre when I went to a graduation ceremony there a few months back. I didn't check it out, but someone that had gone in came out pretty promptly complaining about what she had seen - without enough clarity to enable me to gauge what that might have been.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Blackrod wrote:After work has been completed on the corner stands never mind extending the rest of the ground. There's work to be done on constructing different toilets, prayer rooms for all religions, safe spaces and therapy rooms. It makes you wonder how people have managed all these years. It's not as if people just go to watch football is it.
What are you on about you wally? Unisex toilets are a far more efficient use of space and if done properly have very few disadvantages. People moan about the lack of space on football concourses, unisex toilets would help this.

The OP is obviously a wind up but it’s funny to see so much mouth froth from the usual suspects.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Can't see the necessity myself, should be 3 toilets only mens ladies & disabled, maybe that's too much of a old fashioned view.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:Can't see the necessity myself, should be 3 toilets only mens ladies & disabled, maybe that's too much of a old fashioned view.
Why have three different toilet facilities when you can have one?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:41 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Why have three different toilet facilities when you can have one?
I wouldn't be comfortable holding it & the idea of the opposite sex (stranger wise) being in the same room doesn't appeal to me, everyone's different of course doesn't make me right or wrong, I take it you are keen on the idea?

dsr
Been Liked: 4577 times
Has Liked: 2268 times

Post by dsr » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Why have three different toilet facilities when you can have one?
Same applies to changing rooms in leisure facilities and shops.

Apart from the fact that there are still people who prefer nudity and partial nudity to be same sex only, mens' toilets take up less space than ladies', and ladies' take up less space than disabled. If all toilets are full disabled access, then there is a lot less space for other facilities.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:I wouldn't be comfortable holding it & the idea of the opposite sex (stranger wise) being in the same room doesn't appeal to me, everyone's different of course doesn't make me right or wrong, I take it you are keen on the idea?
You would be holding it in a different cubicle. Can’t see the issue myself. Have you never used a unisex toilet before? They’re pretty common on planes and trains.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Yes of course, but in terms of numbers you are dealing with thousands here, the example dsr mentioned are relatively low numbers, shops, leisure centres ect.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:54 pm

dsr wrote:Same applies to changing rooms in leisure facilities and shops.

Apart from the fact that there are still people who prefer nudity and partial nudity to be same sex only, mens' toilets take up less space than ladies', and ladies' take up less space than disabled. If all toilets are full disabled access, then there is a lot less space for other facilities.
I’ve never been in them, but I’d wager the ladies toilets at Turf Moor are far less populated than the men’s. Therefore it’s an inefficient use of space. Of course, urinals take up less space than cubicles but there’s no reason why a unisex toilet couldn’t also have a urinal section.

Your disabled toilet point is interesting, because pretty much all disabled toilets are ‘gender neutral’. I’ve never heard that be a problem.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:Yes of course, but in terms of numbers you are dealing with thousands here, the example dsr mentioned are relatively low numbers, shops, leisure centres ect.
How would the number of people using the toilets make a difference to you from a privacy point of view? Of course, it becomes less practical on a larger scale but I don’t see why the idea stops working in principle.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Rileybobs wrote:How would the number of people using the toilets make a difference to you from a privacy point of view? Of course, it becomes less practical on a larger scale but I don’t see why the idea stops working in principle.
The ladies wouldn't feel comfortable, us blokes (assuming you are one) are different in terms of our mannerisms.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6883 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:02 pm

I have signed the petition with my alter ego personalities
Dick Less
Ivor Fanny
Miss N Pussy.
:shock:

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5559 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:04 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:The ladies wouldn't feel comfortable, us blokes (assuming you are one) are different in terms of our mannerisms.
You don't speak for the sisters.
This user liked this post: Jakubclaret

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3163 times
Has Liked: 6754 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:05 pm

I need someone to explain to me just how the match-day experience will be improved by unisex toilets?

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:30 pm

It will probably improve the matchday experience for anyone who doesn't want to be pigeon holed into being identified as a man or a woman.

Only joking of course and hardly frothing. Having owned a house on the continent for years I'm used to using unisex toilets in bars etc these tend to have shared sink areas but separate cubicles within. Clearly everyone has used them in trains etc. Other than in the disabled area cannot understand why on Earth a female would want to use a unisex toilet at a football ground. It will just end up revolting.

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2325 times
Has Liked: 2696 times

Post by fatboy47 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Mixed bogs where I work...no p1ss stones. Just 4 traps..6 inch gap under doors. There's one poor young chap always late for work because he won't leave home till he's logged out...he's that embarrassed at the thought of sitting on the bog 2 feet away from some curvy young bint from admin.
I was straining away on the crapper myself on Monday, when I heard footsteps enter trap 3 next to me...after about a 5 second blow off I was treated to what sounded like a bucket of baked beans being dropped down a well....and a couple more very sloppy air biscuits. ...I couldn't believe my eyes when the new 23 year old petite and gorgeous personnel assistant followed me out through the door...

There's no way I want to listen to women laying cable ..or catch a niff of it in the wind....not my thing at all.
This user liked this post: Bertiebeehead

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 700 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:05 pm

fatboy47 wrote:Mixed bogs where I work...no p1ss stones. Just 4 traps..6 inch gap under doors. There's one poor young chap always late for work because he won't leave home till he's logged out...he's that embarrassed at the thought of sitting on the bog 2 feet away from some curvy young bint from admin.
I was straining away on the crapper myself on Monday, when I heard footsteps enter trap 3 next to me...after about a 5 second blow off I was treated to what sounded like a bucket of baked beans being dropped down a well....and a couple more very sloppy air biscuits. ...I couldn't believe my eyes when the new 23 year old petite and gorgeous personnel assistant followed me out through the door...

There's no way I want to listen to women laying cable ..or catch a niff of it in the wind....not my thing at all.

Oh my goodness !

basil6345789
Been Liked: 482 times
Has Liked: 2292 times

Post by basil6345789 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:15 pm

Latest load of nonsense from the PC brigade.

karatekid
Been Liked: 1108 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:30 pm

I once saw a bloke stood at the urinal holding his C@ck with one hand and eating a pie from his other hand.

He must have thought it was a c@ck-a-leekie pie. :o :o Dirty sod.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2219 times
Has Liked: 2210 times

Post by fidelcastro » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:58 pm

fatboy47 wrote:Mixed bogs where I work...no p1ss stones. Just 4 traps..6 inch gap under doors. There's one poor young chap always late for work because he won't leave home till he's logged out...he's that embarrassed at the thought of sitting on the bog 2 feet away from some curvy young bint from admin.

I don't believe a word of that, but it's still bloody funny!

:lol:
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:07 pm

We need gender neutral pies before we need the bogs.

Everyone knows that meat and tatie pies are male and cheese and onion are female.

What we need are pork, cheese and pickle pies.

Pork represents the males, cheese the females and the pickle the woofters.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:15 pm

I know the OP is on a fishing trip, but some men genuinely do want to share toilets with women and little girls.
And these men are exactly the reason women and little girls should have their own toilets.

karatekid
Been Liked: 1108 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:16 pm

Are hot dogs gender neutral? It is a large sausage inserted into a warm soft bun then covered in sauce. Covers all the bases really.
These 2 users liked this post: Bin Ont Turf boatshed bill

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Damo wrote:I know the OP is on a fishing trip, but some men genuinely do want to share toilets with women and little girls.
And these men are exactly the reason women and little girls should have their own toilets.
But some men also want to share toilets with little boys and we don't segregate those.
Maybe someone should invent some kind of box that a toilet can go in, and maybe put a lock on a door than only locks and unlocks from the inside. We can call it a boxicle, or a roomicle, or something.

It doesn't really make sense to me to argue that paedophiles want unisex toilets because there aren't urinals where perverts stand next to kids. In a unisex toilet there wouldn't be urinals (or shouldn't), there'd be those boxicle/roomicle things i talked about where people would have some privacy.

Anyway, your point doesn't make sense.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:33 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:But some men also want to share toilets with little boys and we don't segregate those.
Maybe someone should invent some kind of box that a toilet can go in, and maybe put a lock on a door than only locks and unlocks from the inside. We can call it a boxicle, or a roomicle, or something.

It doesn't really make sense to me to argue that paedophiles want unisex toilets because there aren't urinals where perverts stand next to kids. In a unisex toilet there wouldn't be urinals (or shouldn't), there'd be those boxicle/roomicle things i talked about where people would have some privacy.

Anyway, your point doesn't make sense.
Shouldn’t be thinking like this but as we are on the subject & I wasn’t the first to mention this, it would present a paedophile with a perfect opportunity to get closer, unisex toilets would be a paedophiles paradise they’d have both genders, would be natural to assume though that parental supervision would hinder contact but visually would be open season. Actually agree with Damo.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks for the support guys, up to 15 signatures now :)

dsr
Been Liked: 4577 times
Has Liked: 2268 times

Post by dsr » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:54 am

Rileybobs wrote:I’ve never been in them, but I’d wager the ladies toilets at Turf Moor are far less populated than the men’s. Therefore it’s an inefficient use of space. Of course, urinals take up less space than cubicles but there’s no reason why a unisex toilet couldn’t also have a urinal section.

Your disabled toilet point is interesting, because pretty much all disabled toilets are ‘gender neutral’. I’ve never heard that be a problem.
You would be amazed, but there are still women who do not want to share public toilets with men. Ask your grandmother or other older female relative.

If you had ever been past the ladies in the Bob Lord, at least, you would know that there is (at busy times) a queue. The reason it is less efficient than the mens is because women take longer to pee than men do. That is a simple biological difference and no amount of talk or planning will solve it.

As for disabled toilets, they are universally single-person enclosed rooms, not a row of cubicles.

ktclaret
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by ktclaret » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:Thanks for the support guys, up to 15 signatures now :)
'Guys' - now that's not gender neutral is it?

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:56 pm

I genuinely thought this was a wind up? Maybe it is? I presume gender neutral bogs are for anyone ,though can’t imagine women wanting to queue for a trap with literally dozens of guys at any one moment swinging their coks about . The waiting time would simply lead to scenes like this
5AA27726-EE26-4C7D-B0BA-D915782EFEFB.jpeg
5AA27726-EE26-4C7D-B0BA-D915782EFEFB.jpeg (103.85 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
What’s actually wrong with using your own “ sex” designated faculty ??

Guich
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 598 times

Post by Guich » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:46 pm

houseboy wrote:Just wondered, unless you are a plumber (in which case I apologise in advance) just how much 'experience' do you have in ladies toilets?
Quite a bit actually Houseboy. :lol:

Twice by accident, one when the signs had been swapped round by a clever prankster, and a couple of times when Gents out of order.

I've always been really impressed, really clean, nice music and all sorts of hand cleansing stuff.

And I still haven't been arrested :lol:

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:57 pm

the coffee shop I frequent is gender neutral - two of them, and the sign says "toilet"

but the issues are these
1. do I want to spy urine on the seat left by a lazy guy who peed on it? No!
2. do I want the seat to be left up for my convenience? it depends on the need!
3. If the seat happens to be left up, do I want to put it down to be courteous to the next user? Yes, but I won't, because I don't want to touch it.

And before we go into a seat up/down argument, it's seat down as three of the four functions are seat down.....

But I have zero doubt that gender neutral toilets at a soccer ground would be only used by guys

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Guich wrote:Quite a bit actually Houseboy. :lol:

Twice by accident, one when the signs had been swapped round by a clever prankster, and a couple of times when Gents out of order.

I've always been really impressed, really clean, nice music and all sorts of hand cleansing stuff.

And I still haven't been arrested :lol:
Actually I very nearly did get arrested for 'lurking' in female toilets. Some years ago the public bogs on Burnley road in Rawtenstall (now a barbers shop oddly) had a bit of a reputuation for weirdos hanging around in them, so much so that the police decided to take a strong interest. One night after a few sherberts me and my wife (then girlfriend) were walking past when she decided she needed a leak but wouldn't go in on her own for fear of said weirdos so I went in with her (yes I know what you're thinking but no I didn't). On exiting the building we were greeted by a couple of policefolk in their finest attire. 'Oops' I remember thinking to myself.The female of the two was pretty aggressive toward me and actually asked my girlfriend if she was 'allright'. Anyway after being kept there for what seemed like forever but was actually about 10 minutes (overlong in my view) I was let go with a warning but told it would go on record at the station. I remember thinking that I now had a record at the local nick for lurking in womens toilets - oh the sheer embarrassment of it. My girlfriend was indeed 'alright' by the way, so alright she laughed all the way back home.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Some quality posts on this thread.

Choppers, baked beans falling into a well.

9/10 would read again

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3163 times
Has Liked: 6754 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:49 pm

I would guess that female supporters would be seriously opposed to this.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:31 pm

Now 24 signatures :)

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:50 pm

This clearly isn't a load of ********

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:35 pm

Tory councillor who successfully campaigned for gender neutral toilets, charged with 9 counts of sexually touching a child

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-48989690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;