RATE THE REF - Chris Kavanagh v Huddersfield Town

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

RATE THE REF - Chris Kavanagh v Huddersfield Town

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Chris Kavanagh (Manchester) v Huddersfield Town

How to Score
A. Decision Making (including use of advantage) - out of 25
B. Consistency - out of 25
C. Fitness and Positioning - of 25
D. Control and Authority - out of 25

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1506 times

Re: RATE THE REF - Chris Kavanagh v Huddersfield Town

Post by Goodclaret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:42 pm

Absolutely woeful official. The prime example of a poor referee making a reasonably easy game to ref very difficult.

A - Decision making - 5 - just taking the example of playing on from their players head injury then, when Huddersfields attack came to nothing, blowing up immediately - just awful. He should have stopped play straight away, his assistants should have also told him to stop play.
B - Consistency - 5 - difficult to mark for this one as do we mark him high or low for being consistently useless for both teams?
C - Fitness and positioning - 10 - seemed to make or not make decisions from afar
D - Control & Authority - 15 - made, what should have been, an easy game to ref very difficult

I, in no way blame him, for our poor performance but that was not a good way to officiate. To add, he was very poor for Huddersfield too.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Very poor. He handled Schindler’s head injury appallingly and he should be reprimanded for allowing play to continue despite obviously knowing the severity of the injury.
This user liked this post: ClaretJimmy

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Just to add - the standard of referreing is terrible in this country. There are a handful of good refs who tend to get the bigger, and often televised games, whilst teams like us have to put up with inept performances more often than not.
This user liked this post: Goodclaret

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Just on the head injury one Huddersfield broke quick and the ref had to sprint up the other end of the pitch and therefore couldnt really see what the situation was behind him. As soon as the move broke down and the play turned around the Linesman could get the refs attention for him to stop the match.

Id like to see how quickly the play broke away to see if the ref did have any chance to see and ignore the injury but if he didnt although it looks really bad and at the time it irked me im not sure what the ref could have done differently.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Just on the head injury one Huddersfield broke quick and the ref had to sprint up the other end of the pitch and therefore couldnt really see what the situation was behind him. As soon as the move broke down and the play turned around the Linesman could get the refs attention for him to stop the match.

Id like to see how quickly the play broke away to see if the ref did have any chance to see and ignore the injury but if he didnt although it looks really bad and at the time it irked me im not sure what the ref could have done differently.
Well, we had time to make two swipes at their players to try and stop the counter attack (neither of which were punished by a yellow card) - and the match officials are wired up so the liner should have been communicating with the ref.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 pm

A 15
B 15
C 15
D 15

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Well, we had time to make two swipes at their players to try and stop the counter attack (neither of which were punished by a yellow card) - and the match officials are wired up so the liner should have been communicating with the ref.
Not sure about the relevance of our players trying to halt the break by fouling them but the second part of your post is a fair point. Not sure how them being wired up works and it depends on what the lino said but if the lino did call out a head injury then it was terrible reffing. If he didnt then again im not sure what the ref could have done.

I think Vokes getting a way with swinging his elbow was potentially the worst bit about the reffing of that incident

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Not sure about the relevance of our players trying to halt the break by fouling them but the second part of your post is a fair point. Not sure how them being wired up works and it depends on what the lino said but if the lino did call out a head injury then it was terrible reffing. If he didnt then again im not sure what the ref could have done.

I think Vokes getting a way with swinging his elbow was potentially the worst bit about the reffing of that incident
My point was, although the counter attack was pretty quick - it obviously didn’t happen in a split second and the officials had plenty of time to communicate and stop play. The injury looked really nasty and could quite feasibly have been worse. I actually thought Lossl was signalling to the assistant to stop the game when Hudds had the ball.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Rileybobs wrote:My point was, although the counter attack was pretty quick - it obviously didn’t happen in a split second and the officials had plenty of time to communicate and stop play. The injury looked really nasty and could quite feasibly have been worse. I actually thought Lossl was signalling to the assistant to stop the game when Hudds had the ball.
Ok i see and agree with you about the communication part and as I said if the lino communicated it to the ref then it was terrible reffing.

Im not sure how well the communication works and how much they communicate when there is action on the pitch the ref is clearly focusing on so for me it depends what was said to the ref and that we just dont know

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:17 pm

To busy staying awake to give a more decisive score. He seemed bland.

Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Post by Shore claret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:33 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Just on the head injury one Huddersfield broke quick and the ref had to sprint up the other end of the pitch and therefore couldnt really see what the situation was behind him. As soon as the move broke down and the play turned around the Linesman could get the refs attention for him to stop the match.

He should of stopped the game straight away, it was clearly a serious injury, if he doesn't know what's going on on the pitch he's in the wrong job.
He was ****.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Stproc
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 303 times

Post by Stproc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:30 pm

Beagleheart
Been Liked: 22 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Beagleheart » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:20 am

A. 15
B. 15
C. 20
D. 10

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:26 am

Bang average.
Quite happy to give highly free kicks dependent where they were.

Assistants didn't help his cause either.

MDWat
Been Liked: 871 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:30 am

Another shocking referee I’m afraid

A - 5
B - 5
C - 15
D - 10

Sproggy
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by Sproggy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:38 am

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:31 pm

I definitely thought he got that badly wrong. He made it "look like" he was happy to play on whilst Huddersfield were breaking and actually almost scored, in which case the goal would have stood, but as soon as we had the ball he then stopped the game. I'm sure that wasn't his intention, but that's how he made it appear. He really should have blown up as they broke away to be absolutely fair about it. Clearly the guy was poleaxed.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Just as he did last year in the same game, he got the diving decision correct. What a shame the FA won't back referees up by getting these cheats suspended. But not the best performance from him and he had a poor last quarter of the game.

A. 14
B. 13
C. 18
D. 16

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1099 times

Post by bfcmik » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:57 pm

12 - I think his decisions were equally baffling to both teams. One minute something was a foul and the next minute it was OK