Absolutely disgraceful

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
DomBFC1882
Been Liked: 462 times
Has Liked: 2398 times

Re: Absolutely disgraceful

Post by DomBFC1882 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:31 pm

But this is more or less the same time as last season claretal? How do you explain such a huge drop in performances compared to 12 months ago?

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Not good agreed but how can we change it. Defour's return would help but I dont think just he alone will solve the problem. Brady is another. I would like to see a change in the system but I'm struggling to see how we could do it with the present squad.

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1402 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:43 pm

ClaretAL wrote:Yes we are poor at the moment, but what is absolutely disgraceful is the booing at full time, some fans need to have a word with themselves.
ClaretAL who the hell are you to say it is disgraceful for me to boo my team off at full time. I pay good money home and away to watch my team so I think I have a right to my opinion.
By the way I didn't boo my team I had LEFT 5 minutes from time as I couldn't stomach any more pumping long balls up to strikers. If I was still there at full time I would have been booing Dyche for his crap style of play not the players. UTC.
These 2 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 Wo Didi

Bobzuruncle
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by Bobzuruncle » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:50 pm

We allowed ourselves to be bullied today and a weak referee meant he ignored all the pushes pulls and blocks that put us off our game. We really need a scrapper in midfield, I watched Barton lead by example when we were flat and gee things up - this is what we need but not sure how we get it for the money and transfer policy we seem to adopt.
This user liked this post: Stayingup

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:51 pm

beddie wrote:Not good agreed but how can we change it. Defour's return would help but I dont think just he alone will solve the problem. Brady is another. I would like to see a change in the system but I'm struggling to see how we could do it with the present squad.
We have better players than both Cardiff and Huddesfield yet they both out passed. The fault lies with SD and his boring tactics and cpaching the football side of the game out of the players
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1402 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Bobzuruncle wrote:We allowed ourselves to be bullied today and a weak referee meant he ignored all the pushes pulls and blocks that put us off our game. We really need a scrapper in midfield, I watched Barton lead by example when we were flat and gee things up - this is what we need but not sure how we get it for the money and transfer policy we seem to adopt.
Agreed. If we play 2 central midfielders we need 1 scrapper and 1 who can create. Cork and Westwood, which one is which?

Bobzuruncle
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by Bobzuruncle » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Passing was atrocious but you have got to win the right to play and in the second half we didn’t. This can be fixed and break is at a good time.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 pm

ClaretAL wrote:I think some fans need to realise we are Burnley not Man City.
When has anybody ever thought we were akin to Man City??? Bizarre comment.

We know we’re little old Burnley. It gets rammed down our throat at every opportunity, by MSM, fans who like to reminisce about the ‘80’s, and not least of all by Dyche, who reminds us constantly we can’t compete financially, which we all clearly know.

No-one has ever expected us to go out and play teams off the park in the PL. But in a very short space of time, we have gone from playing decent football a la away at Everton last season, to not being able to string two passes together.

And I think those fans who pay a not inconsiderable amount of money each week to watch this turgid cr@p, are entitled to ask what the hell is going on.
These 6 users liked this post: bfcmik Silkyskills1 BurnleyFC burnleymik Wo Didi Stan Tastic

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:02 pm

Today was very poor - too many players were lacking technically, and the tactical set up looked wrong to me.

But we're a good outfit with a manager who is universally regarded as having worked wonders with us (and rightly so). I'd like to see us play much less passively than we did today, but after 7 points from 3 games i've seen enough to be reasonably comfortable that we'll be OK in the long run.

No defending today, but we'll go through spells like this in the Premier League. Not every season will be sweetness and light, and this one might be one we have to tough out.

To call it disgraceful is an overreaction. Yes it was pretty dire and its not the template for future performances. But whilst this start to the season has been sub-optimal, only a fortnight ago in our previous home game we played some really good stuff, scored 4 excellent goals and sent everyone home happy with a performance of positive intent.

A bit of respect for the players and staff wouldn't go amiss. They're human.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Aclaret wrote:ClaretAL who the hell are you to say it is disgraceful for me to boo my team off at full time. I pay good money home and away to watch my team so I think I have a right to my opinion.
By the way I didn't boo my team I had LEFT 5 minutes from time as I couldn't stomach any more pumping long balls up to strikers. If I was still there at full time I would have been booing Dyche for his crap style of play not the players. UTC.
Like it or not, we were playing the long ball most of last season and it worked, but we have now been quite rightly found out. So some fans who look at a win and celebrate despite the football style, can really complain that the same football is now returning less than a win. You only have to see the melt down on this board every time we lose to see the same frustrations, but the style of game play has been there throughout, and dare i say since we lost Defour to injury. What worried me about today is Vydra offered us another dimension that we did not do last season, which was able to play through the middle rather than run the channels and lump it long, and that in my opinion is why we beat Bournemouth, the game plane would have been pack midfield and defend the long ball, but we went middle a on the floor a few times and Eddie had to change it, and it gave our wingers more time . Its all about opinions but Booing????

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Mmm. Poor result. Poor game. Two poor teams.

First half we were ok and caused problems for them. We get in front and then second half we started sort of ok. But then let them back into rhe game. For rhe last 30 minutes that was rwlegation fare.

Having gone in front we should be seeing the game out againstba side as unambitious as Huddersfield.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 236 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:10 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:You cant blame dyche though can you!!
Who then, yes the players have to take some responsibility, but ultimately dyche to blame for me, his body language says everything to me, I've watched him at length over the last 3 games and though we've taken 7 points god only knows how we've got away with it, he just doesn't look like he has a clue, yes we have to thank him for what he's done for the club but today was embarrassing may be his time is up.
This user liked this post: The Hung Juror

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:15 pm

I think some fans need to realise we are Burnley not Bacup Borough
This user liked this post: bfcmik

k90bfc
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 5523 times

Post by k90bfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:35 pm

Now we realise,We are missing a player like Dean Marney,hard to find.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 pm

k90bfc wrote:Now we realise,We are missing a player like Dean Marney,hard to find.
Didn't miss him at all last season!
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Claretmatt4 wrote:The way we dominated Olympiakos with no defour or Brady, is the most frustrating thing

We have it in Our locker but we resort to that crap.

The Greeks were crap and no yard stick whatsoever

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Being in the Premier League means we have to over perform season after season to stay up. We have being doing that for the last two seasons, but you can't expect players to do it all the time. Right now we are under performing, which is something all teams experience, but thankfully we have at the same time managed to pick up points. And there is still a long time left to get it right, and we have three very good players out injured who will certainly make some difference as and when they come back.

In this league there are us, Cardiff and Huddersfield who are on the bottom rung resources wise, so what's happening at present shouldn't be too much of a surprise. And out of those three we are the best placed to survive so there are some grounds for being positive.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:00 pm

First time I have heard booing under SD. Deserved? Probably. He doesn't have much to work with to be fair Apart from Hart, Tarks and Gudmunsson we offered nothing. A midfield of course would help but both full backs were poor. One because he gets no protection.

Something is wrong when you are completely outplayed by the leagues bottom team. What has gone wrong?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11035 times
Has Liked: 5647 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:04 pm

excessive hoof ball is what's gone wrong. Pretty sure all our goals this season have come from us playing the ball on the floor up until the final 3rd then getting some sort of cross in - hoofball doesn't work at this level. We scored some great goals last season by playing it on the deck
This user liked this post: burnleymik

watsonsclarets
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 121 times

Post by watsonsclarets » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:04 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:We have better players than both Cardiff and Huddesfield yet they both out passed. The fault lies with SD and his boring tactics and cpaching the football side of the game out of the players
We do not have better technical players than Huddersfield at all, in my opinion, they have better technical prowess in almost every area than us.

When have you seen us move through the thirds like they did look at there full backs then look at ours?

Look at there midfield too. Mooy Billing and Pritchard all looked quite technical to me.

Granted they have no strikers.

I mentioned it over two years ago we are not a technical side and never have been we have only 2 real technical players.

Mee and the left side are being targeted much more this year and we are dropping off even more and our block is 5-10 meters deeper.

Point is a point i guess.
Last edited by watsonsclarets on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12479 times

Post by Leisure » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:06 pm

'Absolutely disgraceful' - Yes, the reaction of some so called fans!

IAmAClaret
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by IAmAClaret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:07 pm

(7 out of 9 = disgraceful ) = snowflake

We are the best we've ever been. The best we will be (whilst the rules stay the same). Grow up.

I heard several "f off dyche" etc today in the cricketfield. Get a grip. Sean has earned the right to get things wrong, he's earned it. Our snowflake generation won't know what earned is, but fool them. The rest of us will be there regardless, as it was before, as it will be again. Utc.
This user liked this post: Leisure

claret54
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 263 times

Post by claret54 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:13 pm

No it wasn't absolutely disgraceful. First half good 1-0 up and should have had a pen. Huddersfield played well in 2nd half we didn't. But we got a point and for all their possession Huddersfield did not create any chances. Hart didn't have a shot to save in 2nd half apart from the goal.
We drew twice with Huddersfield last season.
Problem is some of you seem to think it would be easy to move onwards and upwards from last season. Never going to be like that.
We are in the Prem and with a good chance of staying there.We get to see some great players and teams.And we have a great team to support. UTC

Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12479 times

Post by Leisure » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Stayingup wrote:First time I have heard booing under SD. Deserved? Probably.
Booing is desereved? What is the point? I'm sure that the players and the manager would have prefered that we outplayed them and took all 3 points but we didn't, so a point's a point and onward and upward. Just get behind the lads! UTC
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:20 pm

It's not just a one off though is it? It's been poor a fair while now bar the odd decent performance. If you think that performance today is acceptable then I honestly don't know what to say. Do you enjoy watching football like that? And just bare in mind we played some decent football pre Xmas 2017

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:23 pm

I don't think the 2nd half performance was acceptable at all, comfortably the worst we've played at home in the prem under SD.

He's certainly got to think about his substitutions in future as well, I think Cork is a cracking player, but he was having a mare today.

Still, full squad will be fit after the international break so we will see if this was a complete one off.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:25 pm

claretspice wrote:Today was very poor - too many players were lacking technically, and the tactical set up looked wrong to me.

But we're a good outfit with a manager who is universally regarded as having worked wonders with us (and rightly so). I'd like to see us play much less passively than we did today, but after 7 points from 3 games i've seen enough to be reasonably comfortable that we'll be OK in the long run.

No defending today, but we'll go through spells like this in the Premier League. Not every season will be sweetness and light, and this one might be one we have to tough out.

To call it disgraceful is an overreaction. Yes it was pretty dire and its not the template for future performances. But whilst this start to the season has been sub-optimal, only a fortnight ago in our previous home game we played some really good stuff, scored 4 excellent goals and sent everyone home happy with a performance of positive intent.

A bit of respect for the players and staff wouldn't go amiss. They're human.
We do seem to set up tactically being worried about the other team. Third season in this league on the run we should be looking to concentrate on what we offer especially at home.

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:34 pm

Some of you lot need to have a word with yourselves. I remember the sh1te down the road getting above themselves wanting rid of fat head and his brand, any one recall how that worked out?

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Leisure wrote:Booing is desereved? What is the point? I'm sure that the players and the manager would have prefered that we outplayed them and took all 3 points but we didn't, so a point's a point and onward and upward. Just get behind the lads! UTC
I do get behind the team. Very much so. I didn't boo as it happens but I can understand some who did when the team has just been outplayed by the team bottom of the league.

Tell me are you enjoying the turgid football we are turning out this season?

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1697 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Think loyalty at times is SD's biggest issue. Cork is a good player but in any other PL team he would have been rested by now. Its also ,led to new players having to wait an unreasonable amount of time to make their debut (Vydra and Ward come to mind)

The other issue is lack of competition in the squad-other than goal keepers

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Stayingup wrote:I do get behind the team. Very much so. I didn't boo as it happens but I can understand some who did when the team has just been outplayed by the team bottom of the league.

Tell me are you enjoying the turgid football we are turning out this season?

Im not enjoying it at all, but i really dont understand "BFC FANS" booing? Surely football is a confidence game, so booing the very payers applauding the fans at the end of every games is going to negatively effect their confidence?

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1739 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by agreenwood » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 pm

The OP says we had 31% of possession. I’ll be surprised if it was 20% second half.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:What has happened? 31% possession against Huddersfield??
One of the most embarrassing statistics since we’ve been in the epl
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8707 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:52 pm

The booing was surely aimed at the referee as much an anything else.

Horrendous individual, who ignored everything being down to us and always stopped us.
This user liked this post: levraiclaret

Goalposts
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm

bottom line today was we could not pass the ball or string more than 3 passes together,,,,result of that is you play and look inept

Goobs
Been Liked: 1465 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by Goobs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Imagine watching that and thinking it's OK. 8 points from 21 this season. Dreadful.
I have been one of Dyche's biggest fans from before we even appointed him (he was my number 1 choice when Howe left), but today has left me fuming about yet another lacklustre performance.

There was no effort, no passion and some very woeful passing. The players are no longer giving the minimum requirement and something has to change soon as wee have a nasty run coming up which could see us right back in trouble if we carry on as we are.

RidgeClaret
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by RidgeClaret » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:54 pm

I would rather play in the Championship other than watch that turgid shite every week - Discuss????

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:56 pm

The Tony Pulis Stoke side played far better football than we do now.

Longsidebogs
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Longsidebogs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 pm

That was absolute garbage once again. Against a team nailed on for relegation. Same as Cardiff. Sorry, we need a new manager. And quick!

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:58 pm

ClaretAL wrote:Yes we are poor at the moment, but what is absolutely disgraceful is the booing at full time, some fans need to have a word with themselves.
Perfectly entitled to boo that today. Did you think that was an acceptable performance at home to probably the worst team in the league?
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2218 times
Has Liked: 2207 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Longsidebogs wrote:That was absolute garbage once again. Against a team nailed on for relegation. Same as Cardiff. Sorry, we need a new manager. And quick!
'Kin 'ell!!!

:roll:

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:02 pm

warksclaret wrote:Think loyalty at times is SD's biggest issue. Cork is a good player but in any other PL team he would have been rested by now. Its also ,led to new players having to wait an unreasonable amount of time to make their debut (Vydra and Ward come to mind)

The other issue is lack of competition in the squad-other than goal keepers
Sorry, but this and all the other posts above about Brady & Defour coming back are rubbish.

If Dyche was in charge of Man City he would be playing hoof ball within weeks.
He just doesn't know anything else.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:07 pm

'Absolutely disgraceful' is a bit OTT but the football was beyond dire. It's negative and the set up was wrong with the wrong substitutions. It's becoming the norm. Fans that normally complain about others leaving early were leaving early in droves today. This sort of stuff leads to fans not going on. Yes we are grinding out one or two results with some luck too but we continue playing like this we will be relegated . There is no entertainment value. Some of the players are much better than this so you have to question what is being done during the week. Something is not right in the camp to me.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:09 pm

We were playing Huddersfield FFS

joey13

Post by joey13 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Has Dyche lost the dressing room , you’re damm right he has .

Parkvilla
Been Liked: 40 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Parkvilla » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:15 pm

Bored rigid watching players knocking the ball into the channel when no one is there.Huddersfield where there for the taking in the 1st half but Dyche decided to defend a 1-0 lead and it backfired massively.Dyche has done fantastic for Burnley but after 3 seasons in premiership when we have been given overly 300 million to compete and we dish up that sh1* week after week.Garlick is also massively to blame but the manager needs to change cos that and this season as been dogshit.

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 pm

joey13 wrote:We were playing Huddersfield FFS
give me 4 teams you think we should be 100% above come the end of the season, and why? then i will concede

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 pm

Nonayforever wrote:He just doesn't know anything else.
If he knows nothing else how come we can string together 24 passes at Everton, for example, which was one of the highest number in the Prem last season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r6sXRc_BgE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:19 pm

Why 4 teams?

joey13

Post by joey13 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:25 pm

ClaretAL wrote:give me 4 teams you think we should be 100% above come the end of the season, and why? then i will concede
Tell why the performance today was an utter disgrace