things are more than great

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

things are more than great

Post by pushpinpussy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 pm

7 points out of 9. sitting 12th in premier league. best squad we have ever had. millions in the bank and the best english manager available. UTC
These 4 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland claret54 IanMcL Longsider

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Re: things are more than great

Post by paulatky » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:02 pm

But the warning signs are there.
There is something not right in the camp.
Marney eluded to such when he left

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:43 pm

I'm not sure i'd say things are great,we played poorly again today but dug out a useful point.Our league position is OK currently but to balance this,we have only faced one of the big boys(Man U) and a Wolves side that is going well.All the other games should be matches that points are get-able,the next 4 games will go a long way to shaping the rest of our season.

It's possible we'll lose all these 4 games,it's a tough run,on the plus side we're picking up points against probable relegation rivals,the worry is the results are flattering our performances,

It's perhaps easier for me as an exile who only watches on TV or follows the action online,for those who attend the home games especially,i have some sympathy for them,for the lack of excitement in our play,Huddersfield were the only team to get the ball on the floor today,and arguably deserved more than a draw.

For all those calling for Sean's head,this isn't going to happen now,if we are in the bottom 3 after Christmas,and the football is still sterile then the board will have a decision to make.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2531 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:44 pm

And the band played on.

Fretters
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Post by Fretters » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:45 pm

paulatky wrote:But the warning signs are there.
There is something not right in the camp.
Marney eluded to such when he left
This isn't the first time I've seen someone elude to Marney's departure, but nobody ever seems to say what he's supposed to have done or said. What did I miss?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:45 pm

tiger76 wrote:For all those calling for Sean's head,this isn't going to happen now,if we are in the bottom 3 after Christmas,and the football is still sterile then the board will have a decision to make.
Swansea, wanted new investment.
Stoke & West Brom wanted a better style of football.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Fretters wrote:This isn't the first time I've seen someone elude to Marney's departure, but nobody ever seems to say what he's supposed to have done or said. What did I miss?
I’m pretty sure he said something along the lines of him personally not being in a happy place. Considering he had a very long break with injury which would have kept him away from day to day training, and then failed to get back into a team that was performing well, I think there’s a good chance that Marney was alluding more to his personal position rather than the spirit within the squad.

Fretters

Post by Fretters » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:53 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I’m pretty sure he said something along the lines of him personally not being in a happy place. Considering he had a very long break with injury which would have kept him away from day to day training, and then failed to get back into a team that was performing well, I think there’s a good chance that Marney was alluding more to his personal position rather than the spirit within the squad.
Thanks, Rileybobs. If that's what he said then I'd agree, it sounds like he was talking about his own circumstances. I hope so anyway.

Fretters

Post by Fretters » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:53 pm

(And I hope he's happier at Fleetwood now).

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:56 pm

Spijed wrote:Swansea, wanted new investment.
Stoke & West Brom wanted a better style of football.
I can tolerate percentage football if it ensures survival,the jury is still out on the latter question,and therein lies the problem,but i don't see how ditching Sean automatically means better football but also retaining Premier League status,part of the problem might be people's expectations have risen after such a strong start to the last campaign,when in reality we are always likely to be in a clutch of clubs fighting the drop.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:03 pm

Is it there or thereabouts 7 wins in 27 in the league this calendar year ?

chekhov
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 1522 times

Post by chekhov » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:14 pm

tiger76 wrote:I can tolerate percentage football if it ensures survival,the jury is still out on the latter question,and therein lies the problem,but i don't see how ditching Sean automatically means better football but also retaining Premier League status,part of the problem might be people's expectations have risen after such a strong start to the last campaign,when in reality we are always likely to be in a clutch of clubs fighting the drop.
I don't think it is about raised expectations, I think folk are just fed up with the terrible spectacle. It's embarrassing really.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:06 pm

chekhov wrote:I don't think it is about raised expectations, I think folk are just fed up with the terrible spectacle. It's embarrassing really.
It's fair enough,if people are paying hard earned money,to watch such a tedious afternoon's entertainment,to have a gripe.

I and many others on this board don't attend the games in person for various reasons,so don't have a first-hand experience,but judging by some comments,many that do attend are becoming more vocal in their criticisms of both the team and the manager,if there is many more days like today Sean will have to shoulder the burden,hopefully by our next home game lessons will be learned and players will be available after absences.

What's alarming is Sean thinks we had some good performances today,in the longer term that's worrying,we'll face much sterner tests then Cardiff and Huddersfield this season.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882