Dyche in or out

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
JPS71
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 310 times

Re: Dyche in or out

Post by JPS71 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:55 am

In but getting very bored & annoyed

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2053 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:55 am

Billy Balfour wrote:In.

The overreaction yesterday from some on this forum was embarrassing and I'm being quite kind here. In fact, it was damn well shameful. I'm not having a go at those making constructive criticism, but some calling for our best manager in decades to be sacked, wtf? Dyche deserves better than this. We are Burnley fans, not plastics.

UTC!
The standard of football isn't great at the moment but i think we need to remember that it is just a fairly small number of people calling for Dyche to go. And i think it's fair to say that they've shown themselves to be ever so slightly obsessive and hyperbolic in the nature of their posts so i wouldn't take them too seriously.
These 5 users liked this post: Lord Beamish evensteadiereddie BFCmaj SussexDon1inIreland Clarethalffull

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 am

In

Mainly because I live in the real world, not football manager. We've a good side, a good squad, certainly enough to stay up. I'm not sure that any other manager can come in and do the job that SD does for us.

If you want to have this sort of discussion, two things are required

1) End of the season

2) Don't let people who post absolute rubbish after every defeat or bad performance but are "too busy" to visit when we are doing well have a say

Its need to be a balanced debate with reasonable points made.
These 6 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Lord Beamish spadesclaret Ric_C SussexDon1inIreland Clarethalffull

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5056 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 am

In

It isn't Dyche on the pitch failing to make a simple pass of 3 yards.

My only concern is that the failings we've shown over the last few games don't seem to be addressed. They go out and make the same mistakes again. If the players on the pitch can't deliver, then we have to change the players on the pitch, but his loyalty is hampering him.
There's also a severe lack of belief in the squad we play as if were frightened to attack in case we lose, just take the bloody shackles off.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:57 am

MDWat wrote:In. Definitely in. He’s not beyond criticism but without Dyche this squad is Championship standard at best. Those thinking we’ll be able to play free flowing attacking football when every other side can litter their squads Witt more talent than we can is mad.
Dyche takes just as much blame as the Board for our debacles in the transfer market. The fact is after 5 years of Premiership money we are still starting with Barnes and Vokes upfront. Where is the progress?
This user liked this post: jojomk1

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6459 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:58 am

The time to question the status of the manager is at the end of the season, not whilst sitting 12th in the Premier League after 7 from 9 points and after a difficult start to the season because of fixture overload due to Europa League. Some may argue we should have signed more players to account for that, I argue that once the inevitable Burexit that we would have been left with unhappy playing squad with too many players not playing often enough. Swings and roundabouts and all that. Did we get it right, not sure, but I do know that once our squad is fully fit we can challenge most teams in this league, so please, don’t question the manager at this stage.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 k90bfc

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6459 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:00 am

jrgbfc wrote:Dyche takes just as much blame as the Board for our debacles in the transfer market. The fact is after 5 years of Premiership money we are still starting with Barnes and Vokes upfront. Where is the progress?
The progress is that Vokes and Barnes of 5 years ago have developed and earnt the right to play in our squad.
These 3 users liked this post: Hipper SussexDon1inIreland Clarethalffull

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:00 am

We've been in the premier league for four of those five years, qualified for Europe? Have completely revamped the clubs training ground, shop and many other things to a far better standard?

Can you let all of us who live in the real world what sort of progress you'd like to see?
These 6 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Steve1956 JohnDearyMe BFCmaj SussexDon1inIreland Clarethalffull

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:02 am

Clarethalffull wrote:In. We are 13th in the Prem & have just picked up 7 points from 9.

For those saying out, who would you replace him with?
You aren't allowed to ask the brain donors that question, they generally don't have a realistic replacement or they say it isn't their job etc.
This user liked this post: Clarethalffull

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:03 am

In. Would be quite shocking if he was sacked today. Because it would be stupid.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:03 am

jrgbfc wrote:Dyche takes just as much blame as the Board for our debacles in the transfer market. The fact is after 5 years of Premiership money we are still starting with Barnes and Vokes upfront. Where is the progress?
Where's the progress?

Barnes scored 10 goals in the PL last season, more than many more established PL strikers.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by Aclaret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:07 am

I remember in the early years SD saying he had friends in football watching from the stands and acting on the feedback he received, perhaps they arnt coming on anymore.
In......for all he has done for our club he deserves this season to change things.
Otherwise next season get Mcinnes from Aberdeen with Millertime v1.7 as his assistant.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 767 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:08 am

In until the end of the season and then out. I’m not a fan of changing managers in the middle of a season but I can’t be sitting through much more of the depressing dross Dyche is serving up for us.

I want to look forward to going on the Turf, and truth is I haven’t been for a while now, so I’d be happy with a change.

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by IndigoLake » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:08 am

In.

I've been fairly outspoken about the last couple of performances but that doesn't mean I want Dyche gone. He has worked wonders at this club and deserves the chance to address the problems at hand.

What we do need is a better player recruitment system because it's quite clear that we didn't do enough last summer. Whether that's down to Dyche being too selective, the board not offering a big enough transfer budget or our scouting system being limited, I don't know.

What I do know is that sacking Dyche would only do us more damage long-term. We might get someone in who gets us playing some nicer football for a time, but we'd be back in the Championship pretty sharpish, sadly.

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 499 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:10 am

With SD in charge think we're in for a struggle. Without him it will probably be worse.

The chances of attracting a manager of the calibre/potential of Dean Smith are pretty much non-existent. Look what happened when Stoke and Swansea sacked their managers they ended up with ex-Championship under achievers, much like us after Coyle.

In any event, this squad is every bit SD's - an attempt to introduce a more expansive style into this group would be disasterous.

Some people are pinning far too much expectation on the possible return of Defour and Brady. It may well offer some improvement but it will be no quick fix. What we seem to be missing most from last season is our intensity - that's a whole group mentality which appears to need a complete overhaul. Fingers crossed something positive can be done about that over the break. At least we go into that on the back of 7 from 9 - 3 unbeaten regardless of performance quality.

We have to find a way to stabilise until the new year. The January window is critical, arguably the biggest in our history. Likely to be make or break for manager and club alike.

TonbridgeClaret
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by TonbridgeClaret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:10 am

taio wrote:In. Would be quite shocking if he was sacked today. Because it would be stupid.
It would be stupid. He’s got 4 more years on his contract and he earns over £67,000 per week, so it would cost the club millions to sack him. However, his current style and approach is alienating many fans, and deterring any new fans from following Burnley. He needs to find a new way, and soon.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:11 am

thatdberight wrote:In. For now. But someone needs to have a word with him and I worry we have allowed him to become like Wenger where he is running every part of the club and there's no effective challenge or counterbalance. Our football is awful and it's awful by design. He wants us fans to be unentertained because underneath that gruff footballing exterior lies the heart of an accountant more worried about the impact on the balance sheet if we get relegated.

He's also started talking garbage as well which has diminished him to me. I thought he was straight but he now talks in clichés, doublespeak and meaningless riddles that sound like something off 3-2-1. He's now just Ron Manager, a parody of himself.
Whilst the football is terrible to watch I think its not correct to say he UNENTERTAINED as you say. He is missing two players who can make a big difference to our entetianiment value. Although I agree with the above comment that the club should have seen this happening and brought reinfrocements in, in midfield. We are overrun every game.

Cork was playing in a deeper role when Defour was there, like Barton did, now I am not sure just what his role is. We had cover for our full backs in the past but Lennon and some dgeree Gudmusson dont provide the same. Having said that thank goodness for our defence yesterday and the opponents poor finishing.

As to Sean Dyche. He has to stay its his team. he will sort it. I have faith.
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret SussexDon1inIreland

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:14 am

Well said

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1131 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:15 am

IN, Just in.
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland Clarethalffull

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:You aren't allowed to ask the brain donors that question, they generally don't have a realistic replacement or they say it isn't their job etc.
Dean Smith at Brentford?This view that Dyche is the only guy in world football capable of managing Burnley Football club is ridiculous.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:23 am

jrgbfc wrote:Dean Smith at Brentford?This view that Dyche is the only guy in world football capable of managing Burnley Football club is ridiculous.
He clearly isn't the only guy, but whilst we all like what Brentford are doing, could Smith jump straight in and either keep us up or get us promoted?

NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:24 am

Is Alan Pardew available?

ClaretJimmy
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by ClaretJimmy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:28 am

In but needs to start coming up with alternative solutions rapidly

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:43 am

Lets face it both players and managers are not exactly jumping at the chance to play for Burnley

We will never be a super power. All this criticism of players we should have brought etc.

IN IN IN IN - we have a guy who passionately cares about our Club. He has proved himself as far as I am concerned.

I dont care if we go down either

Show some bloody loyalty to Sean you lot!
These 2 users liked this post: Stayingup k90bfc

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:48 am

IN. But perhaps shaking it all about.

Let's keep in mind he's lost arguably his 2 best players due to injury and he made it pretty clear during the summer, that the board hadn't allowed him to sign some of the players he wanted. So I think it's a bit harsh to put all the blame on him.

And there's no way the board are going to sack him this season anyway, and rightly so imo. He's got us up in this division and kept us here. And we're 12th with Defour to return in the next few weeks.

The only time this question should be considered seriously, is if we went down and he didn't look like bringing us back up. However - if we do go down, I can't see him wanting to remain, anyway.

kritichris
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by kritichris » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:55 am

In. Best manager we've had in my lifetime and I started with Potts.
smileydyche.jpg
smileydyche.jpg (16.99 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
These 3 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland IndigoLake Clarethalffull

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by leelad » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:02 am

In, no question at all from me. Judge him at the end of the season. That's the only point in the season where the table doesn't lie and you know where you stand. I think the team is playing with fear and the shackles are definitely on. Best thing that Dyche can do over the next couple of weeks is to look at the high points of the last few years of being a Premiership club and give each player in that squad a reminder of the achievements they have made through highlights, positive words. Do good players become bad players overnight? I don't think so, Sean needs to build their confidence levels up, I hope he can.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 700 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:02 am

In - but with caveats.

In, from a purely business decision
In, because a change now would be a knee jerk reaction.
In , any changes need lots of advance planning ( see past appointment's both us and others )
In, he still has credit in the bank.
In, he undoubtedly runs the club, ALL the club. This has to be wrestled off him before a change can be made.
In, if his future plans include the provision of more flowing football. ( future transfer targets)

Out, If his future transfer targets are Dawson et al.

I said a couple of weeks ago that we need to grind
out some points. He has done that.

He's not daft, he can hear the crowd, see the football, feel the tension.
I really hope he can guide us through to better football, but it needs to be this season.
This user liked this post: IndigoLake

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1650 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:05 am

In, but given a bollocking and told this club expects better.

It isn’t the players who were out of their depth with the challenge of Europe, its the manager. Whatever he has tried to do, it hasn’t worked. My guess is that the training ground, where there will have been far fewer sessions due to Europe, has players practicing with all kinds of different teammates due to his changes, and also with not enough practice on the “footballing” elements, one touch passing etc. He will deny it of course. I am guessing that is why they are playing like strangers, it is no longer instinctive who should be where. I think the players are still gutted that their European dream has gone too, for some of them it was their one and only chance and they didn’t even get picked.

That’s why I have always held the view that making too many changes is counter productive, and goes against what our success under Judas and Dyche was based on. He has upset the fans, upset the players, and made our league form worse too.

(I’m on record as saying I wouldn’t be sad if he left given that we can’t get excited about any cup run again under his tenure, but that’s different to saying sack him, he doesn’t yet deserve that)

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 329 times
Has Liked: 374 times

Post by Woonderbah » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:12 am

NL Claret wrote:Is Alan Pardew available?
Yes and for a very good reason.
These 3 users liked this post: FactualFrank NL Claret BFCmaj

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:13 am

Question shouldn't even be being asked.

In.

With a contract extension.
These 2 users liked this post: RalphCoatesComb fatboy47

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:18 am

Why even ask the question?

IN IN and IN again !

IN Dyche we trust !
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland RingoMcCartney

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2325 times
Has Liked: 2696 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:18 am

In can't believe the rubbish here....leagu one in 3 years without Dyche....utter Muppet thread.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:19 am

ksrclaret wrote:In until the end of the season and then out. I’m not a fan of changing managers in the middle of a season but I can’t be sitting through much more of the depressing dross Dyche is serving up for us.

I want to look forward to going on the Turf, and truth is I haven’t been for a while now, so I’d be happy with a change.
Kind of agree with this. I don't know whether I want to spend £400+ on a season ticket, if we're continuing to play the type of football we do.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:41 am

fatboy47 wrote:In can't believe the rubbish here....leagu one in 3 years without Dyche....utter Muppet thread.
That’s utter bull turd.. we may be in the championship but I suspect under Dyche we will be anyway as he has run out of steam and coasting.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4073 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:43 am

What would we do with the pub sign?
This user liked this post: Steve1956

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:54 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:You aren't allowed to ask the brain donors that question, they generally don't have a realistic replacement or they say it isn't their job etc.
Brain donors? What is wrong with you? Generally, you donate organs that are fully functioning, so transplanting brains from some on here should be called cabbage farming. In for me. Some seem to forget that even with our Prem money, at least half of the Championship can still outspend us. We are still minnows despite being in the Prem, and any position above 17th is still a fantastic achievement. Last season has badly skewed the expectations of some of the cabbages on here.
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland GodIsADeeJay81

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:00 pm

MDWat wrote:In. Definitely in. He’s not beyond criticism but without Dyche this squad is Championship standard at best. Those thinking we’ll be able to play free flowing attacking football when every other side can litter their squads Witt more talent than we can is mad.
Not expecting free flowing football, but you expect effort and commitment which has been sadly lacking, looks like he has lost the players , coincidently since he signed his bumper contract , there’s no way he will leave .

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:02 pm

How anyone can thin other than IN beats me. Who the hell do you think we are going to get that's better than him ?

When he leaves it will be like a bereavement !
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:17 pm

yesterday was horrendous. But in 100%
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

boyyanno
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:58 pm

In.

I have serious concerns about the football and the fact we seem to have gone backwards but I can't help thinking this is a little like when the Rovers fans turned on Big Fat Sam.

COBBLE
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 472 times

Post by COBBLE » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:59 pm

100% in but with support to bring in the clever/creative bits of the jigsaw that are missing.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:12 pm

IN, IN, IN,.

It is not really an appropriate question, or shouldn't be.
He knows the club inside out, he was responsible for taking the club to the dizzy heights of 7th last season.
He has learnt invaluable lessons on both Championship and Premier league football with Burnley.
Sean Dyche has a rapport with both fans and the board alike.
What possible benefit could there be in removing him and replacing him ??? answer NONE !

Imagine someone else arriving and being saddled with this squad plus injuries and limited funds , then what?
We would disintegrate within weeks.
Dyche has been our best manager, and hopefully will continue in the job for many seasons.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:Imagine someone else arriving and being saddled with this squad plus injuries and limited funds , then what?
We would disintegrate within weeks.
So you think Dyche has assembled such a poor squad we would be negatively saddling any other manager with it should Dyche leave. You are also critical of the funding our board has put into the club to take us from a standard Championship club to a Premier league club who qualified for Europe

What a barrel of laughs you are with all your negativity and criticism

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:21 pm

In. But we really need him to have a little more faith in his players. I understand the need for structure, players being made to stay concentrated on dangers, but don't understand why doing so prevents us from retaining the ball and passing and moving (mainly on the deck) to create chances.

claret54
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 263 times

Post by claret54 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Let's bring Eddie Howe back. Remember how entertaining it was. Lots of goals. Unfortunately not enough Burnley ones.
But great entertainment and we maintained our position around mid table of the championship with him in charge. Oh for a return to those days!!
What a pity Dyche came along and we got promoted and then came seventh in the Prem and got into Europe.

Be careful what you wish for. Let's hope the best manager (Dyche )we have had for years wants to continue with us.
Last edited by claret54 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This user liked this post: Clarethalffull

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:31 pm

You mean Eddie Howe who’s team is currently 6th?
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6490 times
Has Liked: 2917 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:34 pm

ElectroClaret wrote:What would we do with the pub sign?
The Pardew Arms sounds ok ish!

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1637 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:36 pm

Just watching Fulham on Sky who play lovely attacking football just like some of our fans want us to play
However the usual outcome ,if the players are not top standard ,is conceding goals for fun and heavy defeats.
Prefer the Dyche way and watching players like Hazard at home to watch every week
As I type this it is now 1-4 to Arsenal
These 2 users liked this post: ElectroClaret k90bfc

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8534 times
Has Liked: 18271 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:36 pm

IN, IN, IN, IN....
What on earth do folk want.

Thought I would join this forum to get away from the garbage on the Lancashire Telegraph ..... seems the same doom mongering is rife here too by several "Ertsatz" so-called Clarets 5th columnists stirring the pot.... You know who you are.....

What the hell do you True Burnley supporters want ..... we have the best manager seen here in the past 50 years ..... he tries to sign players but gets priced out of the market because our board (and you cannot blame them not wanting to bet the farm ... look at what happens when this is done) are trying to ensure the longevity of our club, and so Sean has to work within financial restraints.

I remember when Eddy Howe was castigated by our fans ... yet all of a sudden he is the Messiah ... dont forget Bournemouth have a multi-billionaire backer (they need one with only 11000 home gates) ....

Come on get real Burnley fans and get behind the bloody team.......

UTC
Last edited by Bosscat on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: claret54 SussexDon1inIreland