Dyche in or out

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Re: Dyche in or out

Post by Spijed » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:38 am

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:but I do believe that Sean has earned the right to turn the slide around.
This is where I think there are unrealistic expectations.

Recent results suggest we are improving, not on a slide.

We've certainly defended far better in the last few matches at the very least.

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 am

quoonbeatz wrote:first half against huddersfield was fine, it was the 2nd which was poor. i don't remember any of us laughing at stoke and west brom, especially the latter as they usually tubbed us.

unbeaten in 3, despite not playing really well, but the board could reasonably have a conversation about firing the manager? don't be daft.
Oh I think you can look further back that the last three and a `conversation` doesn`t have to be SACK HIM! Don`t be so daft! They could possibly ask the question of Dyche WHY performance and seemingly team cohesion levels have dropped. Why Mee`s performances have plummeted from the kingpin of our team. Pre-emptive action from an organisation`s hierarchy does not have to be finite but should show a willingness to LEAD and show concern with a general direction.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:44 am

This "we're only little old Burnley" schtick is getting very tiresome. We've been in the Prem now 4 of the last 5 seasons and we have a squad full of experienced international footballers, including Hart, Lennon and Defour who have played for some of Europe's biggest clubs. The willingness of some fans to accept absolutely anything Dyche serves up is unbelievable.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:55 am

jrgbfc wrote:This "we're only little old Burnley" schtick is getting very tiresome. We've been in the Prem now 4 of the last 5 seasons and we have a squad full of experienced international footballers, including Hart, Lennon and Defour who have played for some of Europe's biggest clubs. The willingness of some fans to accept absolutely anything Dyche serves up is unbelievable.
Did you not really enjoy last season?

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Spijed wrote:Did you not really enjoy last season?
It was enjoyable up to about Christmas time, then we reverted to the tried and tested, negative long ball formula and managed to cling on to 7th spot due to the incompetence of our rivals. Though for all the effort Dyche put into our European campaign we may as well not have bothered.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:11 pm

jrgbfc wrote:This "we're only little old Burnley" schtick is getting very tiresome. We've been in the Prem now 4 of the last 5 seasons and we have a squad full of experienced international footballers, including Hart, Lennon and Defour who have played for some of Europe's biggest clubs. The willingness of some fans to accept absolutely anything Dyche serves up is unbelievable.
More what the players served up on Saturday....

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:13 pm

jrgbfc wrote:It was enjoyable up to about Christmas time, then we reverted to the tried and tested, negative long ball formula and managed to cling on to 7th spot due to the incompetence of our rivals. Though for all the effort Dyche put into our European campaign we may as well not have bothered.

So, West Ham and West Brom away were negative long ball performances along with Leicester at home ?

Only if you have an agenda
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:23 pm

See how season ends up but a big decision in the summer as the football is shite for the outlay we have spent as a so called small club

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 pm

You're entitled to your opinion. And you're correct when you say, "We've been in the Prem now 4 of the last 5 season" But don't lose sight of the fact that for those 4 years the manager has been Sean Dyche.

He's achieved something that countless other managers have failed to do in 50 years.
These 2 users liked this post: Clarethalffull SussexDon1inIreland

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:06 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:Just watching The Scousers v Citeh

How boring is that?

Both teams worth Millions per player more than ours yet NOT A SHOT ON TARGET after 65 minutes!

Lots of passing backwards sideways and occasionally forwards, then back again.

Give me the Turf on a wet Tuesday night any day ;)
Its called cancelling each other out and happens when none want to lose.

But for us its called getting completely outplayed and cant put 2 passes together - bit different
Last edited by BOYSIE31 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:09 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:Its called cancelling each other out and happens when none want to lose.

But for us its called getting completely outplayed and cant put 2 passes together - bit differenr
How many saves did Joe Hart have to make?

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:12 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:So, West Ham and West Brom away were negative long ball performances along with Leicester at home ?

Only if you have an agenda
Was going to say...

West Ham away was the perfect game for us. And there is a good youtube vid made by a West Ham blogger who couldn't hide his admiration about what Dyche had achieved.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 833 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:15 pm

Spijed wrote:How many saves did Joe Hart have to make?
Sort of confirms how shite Huddersfield were does that comment. And yet we made little to no impact on them after 20 minutes.
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 833 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Spijed wrote:Was going to say...

West Ham away was the perfect game for us. And there is a good youtube vid made by a West Ham blogger who couldn't hide his admiration about what Dyche had achieved.
All have agendas Spijed. West Ham should have been out of sight at Half Time at their place last season we were very poor first half. West Brom we played well then tried our best to end up drawing. Leicester at Home brilliant start but then defended for grim death for the best part of 70minutes. But granted all fantastic results.

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:18 pm

In... It's all very Leicester and Ranieri is this thread - and look how much people berated that.

If you can get Burnley to 7th in the prem and sacked the season after then it would prove that for all Burnley's harping on about loyalty, we would be just as fickle as everyone else.

I get the boring football thing, but things could be so much worse than this. I'm not a fan of playing well and losing, for me that's just frustrating and I'd rather drive home with a win if a little boring than a loss and frustrated because we played well.
These 5 users liked this post: quoonbeatz Clarethalffull CombatClaret SussexDon1inIreland cricketfieldclarets

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:19 pm

IN IN IN!

What is wrong with people ? We can’t play free flowing without our only 2 creative “ free flowing “ players , hence why we HAD to revert after Xmas .Personalky I don’t give a flying feck how we play,long as we get some results in a league we are often outclassed by sheer ££££ Fancy football is for ladyboys and giddy new fans
These 2 users liked this post: Clarethalffull SussexDon1inIreland

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:20 pm

ClaretTony wrote:And I find it incredible. I really don't know what some of you want but the overreaction to a disappointing performance is absolutely ridiculous, one of the reasons why I stay off this board at times now.
But its been shocking all season and back end of last season as well

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:21 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Oh I think you can look further back that the last three and a `conversation` doesn`t have to be SACK HIM! Don`t be so daft! They could possibly ask the question of Dyche WHY performance and seemingly team cohesion levels have dropped. Why Mee`s performances have plummeted from the kingpin of our team. Pre-emptive action from an organisation`s hierarchy does not have to be finite but should show a willingness to LEAD and show concern with a general direction.
"hey Sean, we just want to know why we're playing so badly but still picking up points as we're concerned with this direction. just a pre-emptive thing, you undersatand."

i suspect dyche would, quite rightly, think 'wtf?'

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:27 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:But its been shocking all season and back end of last season as well
It was poor the previous season as well, towards the end. But why?

Simply because we had achieved our goal and the players took their foot off the gas.
These 2 users liked this post: BOYSIE31 SussexDon1inIreland

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Spijed wrote:How many saves did Joe Hart have to make?
More than their keeper - remember we were the home side and yes we defended well

Burt
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by Burt » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:52 pm

jrgbfc wrote:It was enjoyable up to about Christmas time, then we reverted to the tried and tested, negative long ball formula and managed to cling on to 7th spot due to the incompetence of our rivals. Though for all the effort Dyche put into our European campaign we may as well not have bothered.
So around the time 2 of our more creative players got injured, coincidence?

"For all the effort" - ??? we damn near qualified and would have done 99/100!

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:02 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:More than their keeper
Not true.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Spot on Paul. Dor all the posession Huddersfield werent really lookimg like scoring- then they did. Our response to that was poor. Thats the frustrating thing really.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:15 pm

I don't think anyone is seriously proposing sacking him now. But surely there has to come a time when he can be questioned? Or are people happy for him to be like Wenger at Arsenal in his last few years? Slowly draining the life out of the club because the Board and sections of the fan base were blinded by his past achievements? I'm not suggesting the situations are remotely similar yet, just an example.

Clarethalffull
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Clarethalffull » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Just showed this thread to my mate at work who is a Reading fan. He is laughing at us.

He also mentioned:

Blackburn
Leeds
Villa
West Brom
Stoke
Swansea
Bolton
Boro
Sunderland
Forest
Wednesday
Derby
Norwich
Birmingham
Hull

All clubs that would love to be playing boring football in the Premier league & sitting 12th.
Be careful what you wish for.
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland tiger76

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Clarethalffull wrote:Just showed this thread to my mate at work who is a Reading fan. He is laughing at us.

He also mentioned:

Blackburn
Leeds
Villa
West Brom
Stoke
Swansea
Bolton
Boro
Sunderland
Forest
Wednesday
Derby
Norwich
Birmingham
Hull

All clubs that would love to be playing boring football in the Premier league & sitting 12th.
Be careful what you wish for.
The diehard West Brom fans who go home and away are enjoying this season far more than seasons they finished mid table under Pulis. I suggest you go and look at the numbers they're taking away compared to their last few seasons in the Prem.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8707 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Ridiculous question to ask.
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland Quicknick

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:29 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:More than their keeper - remember we were the home side and yes we defended well
pretty sure hart had one save to make and didn't make it.

lossl had two to make and didn't make one.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:32 pm

jrgbfc wrote:The diehard West Brom fans who go home and away are enjoying this season far more than seasons they finished mid table under Pulis. I suggest you go and look at the numbers they're taking away compared to their last few seasons in the Prem.
just as our fans enjoyed being at the top of the championship with the chance of winning something.

i bet sunderland's are enjoying being near the top of league one more than they were being bottom of the prem/championship.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:39 pm

In.

I can't imagine there'd be too many Burnley fans who want Dyche out. It would be a really, really bad move to sack him right now.

That said, I've got no time for those who think he's infallible, beyond question or beyond being sacked.

If we were bad enough for long enough, Dyche should be worried about losing his job, like every other manager in professional football.

We're nowhere near that stage, so even raising the question at this moment in time is pretty silly, really. We've had a tough few months, but there's plenty of time to get back on track.

Shipclaret
Been Liked: 41 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Shipclaret » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:44 pm

This is a daft and painful thread - no one in their right mind thinks our Manager is going anywhere. Burnley are, with him at the helm, the envy of many many others clubs and their fans. Of course its perfectly reasonable to raise questions when we see our on field performance dip, that is the right of a supporter. But expressing logical and thoughtful criticism of tactics, selection, game plans and so forth is light years away from the any exit. Nora!

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3804 times

Post by JohnMac » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Most definitely IN.

Untinted Glasses
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 152 times

Post by Untinted Glasses » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Depends on who would be available to replace him.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Unbelievable question. He needs to reflect, figure it out, and apply a new plan..... and he has the brains to consider those steps

kendalianclaret
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by kendalianclaret » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:43 am

Posted this on another post as well.
Come on guys and gals really, we have a poor spell (still 12th) and straight away we are calling for the managers head, seriously get a grip with your selves without Sean Dyche we wouldn't be where we are now, yes 7th last season now seems a long way away but that was a superb season way above what we really ever expected, so cut the man and the team some slack let him get on with is job players will come back from injury and things will improve.
A lot of you are sounding like Leeds and Newcastle fans (who you normally slate for there comments thinking they have a right to be up there) who think now we have finished 7th one season we have the right to be there all the time, doesn't work like that.
Lets get behind the lads and the manager and stop the booing at the end of the game also.
My only concern with the manager is the timings for introducing subs into the game, ie Vydra 90th minute against Huddersfield, a bit late for him to be effective.
UTMC

NL Claret
Been Liked: 522 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:33 am

jrgbfc wrote:The diehard West Brom fans who go home and away are enjoying this season far more than seasons they finished mid table under Pulis. I suggest you go and look at the numbers they're taking away compared to their last few seasons in the Prem.
The numbers could have increased for a number of reasons - easy to get away tickets as the allocations have increased, close to WBA and fans may not have been to the ground before or for years.

Without doing a satisfaction survey, which I doubt you have done, you cannot measure their enjoyment

As mentioned above, another thread like the Dyche has burned out one which plummets this msg board to new depths.

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:54 am

Ahh right so relegation is the ultimate goal is it?

Explains why you want Dyche sacked you loonbag.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:56 am

If we were to sack Dyche what reason would you give, considering we are 12th btw?

Also, how long would you give a new manager if it became clear it wasn't working out?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:58 am

Braindead wrote:Ahh right so relegation is the ultimate goal is it?

Explains why you want Dyche sacked you loonbag.

He even manages to ignore that when we were in the top 2 positions and winning most games in the championship we still some games with crowds of 11 - 12,000.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:09 am

We could get Brian Laws back we had some ‘brilliant performances’ under him apparently should keep the Dyche out brigade happy.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:09 am

This thread sums up why I think that Olympiakos farce was the beginning of the end for Dyche (at Burnley, where his star will shine brighter than probably anywhere else in his career).

From the moment I wandered into the away end and saw the team, I knew then that Dyche had committed hari-kari. Now, the disappointment for many of us is so great and the season so underwhelming that one poor run and we are losing patience with him. Eventually that feeling will spread. He has brought all that on himself. I do sense, as others have implied on this thread, that the players had lost heart too after looking forward to it so much.

Yes, Garlick and co are probably equally responsible. They were all out of their depth planning for that challenge. I don’t see how they can come back from here, even if we survive this season. As some have said, the thrill of playing Man Utd wears off, and there has to be something more. We know under this lot, there won’t be.

It’s all one big shame.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:12 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:He even manages to ignore that when we were in the top 2 positions and winning most games in the championship we still some games with crowds of 11 - 12,000.
Did we ?
Which games did we get that crowd when we were in the top 2 ?

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:49 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Yes, Garlick and co are probably equally responsible. They were all out of their depth planning for that challenge.
I don't think that's the case as I know plenty of fans who support other teams with the perception we were better off out of Europe.

I wanted to stay in Europe as long as possible but it seems that the PL is everything nowadays and it's probably the case that all other clubs would treat European competition with the same attitude.

Even Man City are 10-15k down on their gates when they play in the CL.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:49 am

jrgbfc wrote:I don't think anyone is seriously proposing sacking him now. But surely there has to come a time when he can be questioned? Or are people happy for him to be like Wenger at Arsenal in his last few years? Slowly draining the life out of the club because the Board and sections of the fan base were blinded by his past achievements? I'm not suggesting the situations are remotely similar yet, just an example.
Wenger won some cups didn't he in his last few years?

I'll take that!!

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 am

quoonbeatz wrote:"hey Sean, we just want to know why we're playing so badly but still picking up points as we're concerned with this direction. just a pre-emptive thing, you undersatand."

i suspect dyche would, quite rightly, think 'wtf?'

`question of` doesn`t necessarily have to be `question to`. I`m sure they are capable of discussing a subject without necessarily bringing in the object until they feel it is fit and necessary to do so, if ever.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:16 am

Hard to think that we would have more than 3 points in the PL now if we were still in the EL and no escape until nearly half way through the season. Absolutely right to prioritise the PL, especially not having the squad for the PL never mind the EL.

If we are looking for theories as to our poor performances, I think too many older players on long contracts that they will never better is nearer the mark. Only pope, tarks and McNeil realistically are going to achieve more than they currently have. Maybe jbg and brady as well.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:23 am

HiroshimaClaret wrote:`question of` doesn`t necessarily have to be `question to`. I`m sure they are capable of discussing a subject without necessarily bringing in the object until they feel it is fit and necessary to do so, if ever.
i'm not so subtly pointing out that our current 'direction' is 7 points from 9 without playing very well; generally regarded as a good thing in football. 'if it goes on much longer' i doubt they'll be having too many conversations about it.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 am

NL Claret wrote:The numbers could have increased for a number of reasons - easy to get away tickets as the allocations have increased, close to WBA and fans may not have been to the ground before or for years.

Without doing a satisfaction survey, which I doubt you have done, you cannot measure their enjoyment

As mentioned above, another thread like the Dyche has burned out one which plummets this msg board to new depths.
Last season West Brom who have always had good away support brought about a thousand to the Turf for their first away game of the season. Does that not suggest to you that they were fed up of being in mid table watching Pulis bore them to tears every week?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 am

jrgbfc wrote:Last season West Brom who have always had good away support brought about a thousand to the Turf for their first away game of the season. Does that not suggest to you that they were fed up of being in mid table watching Pulis bore them to tears every week?
It was in August so lots of people on holiday and Burnley away is one of the least attractive away fixtures for them.
You seem to be adding 2 and 2 and getting 7.
Anyway I bet those WBA fans fed up of being mid table were delighted that they got their wishes granted. That Alan Pardew appointment must have been so exciting for them.

Be careful for what you wish for eh.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:45 am

jrgbfc wrote:Last season West Brom who have always had good away support brought about a thousand to the Turf for their first away game of the season. Does that not suggest to you that they were fed up of being in mid table watching Pulis bore them to tears every week?
Mid table under Tony Pulis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27389970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;